Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Reviews, Notices & Stories > Hall of Shame

Hall of Shame There are lots of cruel and inconsiderate people out there. Expose their cruel deeds to the world and let them be shamed!

Old 03-03-2009, 01:23 PM
Banned

khengteik is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to khengteik
Default Re: DBKL Animal Cruelty

Jeffrey
I totally agree with you about this.... In most cases, its the humans thats to be blamed when something happens to their dogs... Not alot of people would go about researching about the breed of dogs that they claim to like... Well should i say most of them knows nuts about dogs in general...

For example, my colleague got himself a Husky about a year ago... And when i asked him about the dog, he just told me that he bought it because it is cute.. Then a few weeks down the road, i got to know that he bathes the Husky twice a week... When i told him that Huskies are supposedly maintenance free, he tells me that the husky stinks 3-4 days after bath... When i told him that sometimes BO of a dog is because of the food it takes, he says its not true as the food he bought for the dog is recommended by the petshop... I told him to try salmon kibbles, and guess what he told me.... dogs dont eat fish... He doesn't even know that working Huskies are usually fed raw salmon... Anyways, to end the argument, i gave him quite a few links on health issues of dogs (Huskies in particular because i myself is a huge husky/malamute lover) and you know what he told me? At first he told me he don't understand (because it is in English and he's supposedly Chinese educated... But he got a Degree though) then a few days later, he told me the links are not useful as it contradicts with what the petshop people said... Well, end of the day, the petshop people recommended him to use a "special" shampoo for the husky and as of now, i don't think the problem is solved...

Another case is a guy with 2 Malamutes... He stays in a terrace house with limited space... The 2 malamutes are caged at night. I've noticed that whenever the guy takes the Malamutes out for walks, one of the dog will actually pee on his leg... out of the 10 times i've seen him walking the dogs, i've seen it happen 8 times.... seems like the dog does not respect him at all... Or something is very wrong somewhere....

t.ruth
My reason why i do not foster is almost the same with Jeff.... I'm also in the midst of looking for a house and apart from that, i have a very very bz schedule. I start work at 8.. but in most days i do not know what time i would finish... Therefore, if i were to foster a dog, who will look after it? As for volunteering in in SPCA or PAWS, the only time i am free to go is on weekends... However, i do need to work on some weekends too... And also i would prefer to spend my weekends resting after a long and tiring weekday... As of now, there is a kitten in my house which was rescued from the legs of a young boy in the market.

People would say that I am all talk but no work and also giving tons of excuses. Some people have the privilege of sitting in the office the whole day and end work at 5pm sharp or depending on what time they finish work.. Myself however does not have such privilege. Although my title is an Engineer, but i so have to get my hands dirty and slog with the rest of my technicians...

I myself have fostered a dog but as of now it is not with me yet because my house is not dog proofed yet and since i am only renting, I'm trying my best not to make unnecessary holes or modifications to the house. I hope by end of this month i would be able to settle everything and bring my daughter over to stay with me....

Anyways, back to the topic at hand which is SPCA and DBKL... I think SPCA should start to get their priorities straight... Although it is easier said then done, I think SPCA should work hand in hand with other animal welfare organizations like PAWS, FFF, etc etc.. sit down and talk over things in detail... and try to help each other out... there might not be any good outcome, but at least one has tried... there are alot of things that can possibly work.... i would like to give suggestions... but i think its best to let them think for themselves... push all differences aside and work towards the welfare of animals..
Old 03-03-2009, 02:44 PM
Animal Lover

jacinta.spca is on a distinguished road

Hi all,

I actually considered creating i new petfinder ID so I can post as a normal person instead of the dreaded SPCA staff ;). However, I think I'll just tell you that the following is from me personally.

Looking at all the reasons stated as to why one cannot foster or volunteer, it's interesting to know that in my experience:

a) 90% of our fosterers are working-class people, not rich tai-tais or housewives as many would like to think. Also, 4 of our staff regularly foster.

b) ALL of our volunteers are also working-class people or students, who take the time off their schedules to come by and help in any way they can. I personally can vouch for our young adult volunteers like Lynette here and others like Shabana, Ee Lynn, Pearly and several others who work long hours but are just a phone call away if we need help for events, fostering or volunteering at the shelter.

Please don't get me wrong - you do not have to be volunteering at SPCA or PAWS or FFF to qualify. Just one simple action of neutering a stray cat or using your e-mail network to re-home a litter of stray pups makes all the difference between life and death. Some of you can't have animals at home, and may instead help by writing in to the authorities, or forming neighbourhood patrols to ensure that all pets are being treated well in your street or area. For those of us who have the money but not the time, you can donate to help the pups at Ara Clinic, or animal shelters like SPCA and PAWS.

Though I spend my work days immersed in animal-welfare work, I still find it important for me to foster from time to time as it keeps me grounded and connected to what I really care about.

When I first started working here 2.5 years ago, I was living with my parents after coming back from China. In the following months, I brought two dogs from the shelter back - much to the disgust and horror of my parents! They kept escaping and destroying the porch because the house simply wasnt good for having dogs.

Luckily, since then I have gotten married and our home was renovated slightly to accomodate our animals - 6 cats and 3 dogs. It wasnt easy convincing my husband WHY we needed to keep all these animals and spend so much of our time and money. As a compromise, we decided that we will not be adding anymore pets permanently, but fostering every few months and rehoming our little wards. So far, 33 animals have passed through our doors. While 7 did not make it, the rest have been rehomed through SPCA or friends.

Just sharing my thoughts with you guys.

Ruth, thanks for the message. I know there is a lot of speculation about us "moving", but to put rumors to rest - we are not moving, but we are in the process of trying to get the 2-acre lot we are currently on. The premium to be paid for a 99 year lease from the Selangor State gov is MUCH more than the 1.5 million you mentioned ;) However, we are in the process of appealing to them to bring it down to a mor reasonable amount. Good news is, once we have secured the land we will renovate the shelter and office building, to make it a more comfortable environment for the animals and the visitors :) You will have to be patient, as this will involve a lot of paperwork, a capital fundraising project to raise fund for the renovations and of course the actual renovations - we are probably looking at 2-3 years.

Regards,
J
Old 03-03-2009, 03:30 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

FurKids is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog is my buddy View Post
Furkids,
sound great heard from you. Homeless animals have hope for kind person like you.
Great news to you too, you going nominate as "the best animal rescue by forumer" on Anniversary Petfinder.
No, DIMB, not me. There are others out there doing more and much tougher job, especially involving dogs because dogs are so much tougher as they cannot TNR here and need to be rehomed otherwise they will get rounded up and destroyed. I only do cats (not because I do not like dogs but rather it is much easier for me to do cats alone and will be able to do more, besides, to tell you a secret, I have a phobia about dogs, scared of them!) and cats are much, much easier because they are easier to be released (this helps very, very much because many plain looking domestics simply cannot be rehomed) and can hide in longkangs, etc.

I am serious, DIMB, I am nowhere near people like Acsyen, yourself, Dongdong, Ruth, Melmel, etc. Those that do dogs have a much, much tougher job. Thanks anyway, and I humbly beg to decline. I just do as much as I can possibly do and pray that God will do the rest because after all, they are His creatures too and He must surely love them as well.
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
Old 03-03-2009, 04:00 PM
Petfinder Moderator

blackie007 has disabled reputation

Just off-topic for a second, I'd like to add on to what khengteik said below.

It is shocking, but true, how many people out there are ignorant and continue to hold on to their ignorance despite the advent of the internet.

for example, there's this fallacy that a cat's natural food is fish, and that they should be fed fish and fish alone. this is not true, because a cat's body can't make taurine out of fish. it needs real meat.

and i've always challenged those that cling to this fallacy to use their brain for a second. except for maine coons, cats fear water. how is it, then, in the natural world, is the cat going to catch fish for dinner? a cat catches mice or birds for dinner, in the natural world, not fish.

that's why the dry cat kibbles have taurine added in. and, never ever feed dog food to a cat. a cat is not a little dog.

hope you guys here will help spread the word and educate your friends if they have cats (i know you all are well-versed in dog matters).

Quote:
Originally Posted by khengteik View Post
Jeffrey
.. I told him to try salmon kibbles, and guess what he told me.... dogs dont eat fish... He doesn't even know that working Huskies are usually fed raw salmon... Anyways, to end the argument, i gave him quite a few links on health issues of dogs (Huskies in particular because i myself is a huge husky/malamute lover) and you know what he told me? At first he told me he don't understand (because it is in English and he's supposedly Chinese educated... But he got a Degree though) then a few days later, he told me the links are not useful as it contradicts with what the petshop people said...
Old 03-03-2009, 04:03 PM
PetFinder Guru

melmel is on a distinguished road

hmm... u sound serious & genuine. how 2 contact u ? or cld pls drop me an email : dogrehome@yahoo.com.my ? I'll update u fr time 2 time d latest development (if there is any) @ DBKL dog pound, MPS Selayang dog pound, UPM vet etc bla bla bla......

Ruth,
u manage 2 speak 2 Wani ?

Last edited by melmel; 03-03-2009 at 04:13 PM.
Old 03-03-2009, 06:18 PM
User Account Terminated

Jeffrey Read is an unknown quantity at this point

khengteik,
Ahhh that sounds familiar. Happens to me all the time. My mother-in-law would rather believe what was incorrectly told to her by the sales personnel than me! I think it has to do with credentials. Since you are not in that line, chances are that the pet shop owner is probably correct according to your colleague! Or your colleague doesn't think too highly of you. Eitherway, I will be extra careful of such a colleague.

With that in mind, that is why sometimes you find the same dog up for adoption all the time even though it maybe a pedigree. I have a banker who dotted & spoiled his Golden Retriever. Recently he had to give the Golden away, as the dog grew in size it was a sheer nighmare to handle the Retriever because it was improperly trained from the start. Just like the Cavalier, that I had took in.

Love your story about the Malamute guy. While I rather not go into detail and spoil the fun. What I would do is ask the guy. "What does he think about his dog peeing on him?" I think that should give you some pretty good answers and please share with us the answers not matter how ridiculous it may sound to you.

FurKids,
Am I getting the right impression, "Why is TNR not applicable to dogs at your place?" Is there some weird local guideline or something?

Over coming your phobia of dogs is very simple. What you need is the right person beside thats all. I remember my grandpa dog almost bit off my fingers when I was a kid! Never mess with dog's food, so I learned. Later I relearned unless the dog is taught properly, removing the dog food away is possible without losing my fingers.

melmel,
I think its important that you request the Owner of the site to establish a new section specifically for S.O.S. Administering then will be much easier unless of course you find it easier to post it in every section. Anyways your call.

blackie007,
I know beans about cats. What I can tell you is fishes make a big difference. I have ancestors who comes from fishing village and you should see the size of their pet cat! It could easily take on a small dog anytime. It was pure substance full muscle, something like Mike Tyson version. Then again, perhaps it has access to prawn & crab & not exclusively on fish etc but everything was real fresh.

All, for the record
I am into German Shepherds basically for obedience training, trackking, police & protection work after I have completed what I have embarked on our small home. While writing here has been an absolute blast overall but the end is near. I hope what I have expressed here have helped in 1 way or another. However before I resign completely from this thread, I would like to bring up about misappropriation of funds. There is relevance if one is to seriously think about it.

.... to be continued ...

Last edited by Jeffrey Read; 03-03-2009 at 07:24 PM.
Old 03-04-2009, 12:11 AM
Petfinder Moderator

below are a couple of links on the origin of cats, their feeding habits, plus a link to why fish alone isn't good for cats. I can't find the vets websites where i read that cooked fish loses its level of taurine. I'll look for it again tomorrow.

and prawns & crabs do have high levels of taurine!

http://www.felinefuture.com/

http://felineinstincts.ca/wp-content...s_article1.pdf

http://www.pet-care-experts.com/arch...08032712234914

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey Read View Post
blackie007,
I know beans about cats. What I can tell you is fishes make a big difference. I have ancestors who comes from fishing village and you should see the size of their pet cat! It could easily take on a small dog anytime. It was pure substance full muscle, something like Mike Tyson version. Then again, perhaps it has access to prawn & crab & not exclusively on fish etc but everything was real fresh.
Old 03-04-2009, 08:30 AM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Jeff,

My opinion that dogs cannot be released without rehoming in the country is because firstly, the bounty hunters will not leave them alone, neither will the local authorities or the residents (especially those that believe dogs are 'haram') and the poor guys being different in nature as well as size have very few places (in any at all) to hide away safely to live out the rest of their natural lives as invisibily as possible, even if you set up feeding stations (this is another issue as many residents believe in feeding bans, citing the influx of many other strays into the area, not understanding the justification used by activists overseas to fight the inhumane feeding bans is the rationale that the poor hungry animals will simply and naturally migrate to the next food source ie your garbage bins, etc, spreading diseases at the same time due to malnutrition and lack of medical care ... and it is indeed exhiliarating to note that the activists have successfully managed to convince some of their local authorities to reverse that inhumane ban).

Cats on the other hand are smaller and find more places to hide (not that their lives are a big bed of roses either). There are many 2-legged animals walking around who hate cats out of ignorance and poverty of the heart.

German shepherds? Just curious, Jeff, how about Belgian Shepherds? Heard that they are more intelligent in comparision. How much truth do you think there is in this claim?

Heard also at a clinic the other day from a proud Belgian Shepherd owner (I was admiring his handsome 2 month old little girl) that these days the breeded German ones tend have a hip defect or some disability like that. Shepherds are beautiful, magnificent animals, German or Belgian. I like the big dogs, to me, they look like real dogs, I don't like the small, toy types ... I'd rather have cats than them ... small toy dog lovers, don't throw tomatoes at me, one man's meat is another man's poison ... hehehehheheeeee!!!!

Regarding fish for cats, Jeff, recent studies (the last 10 years have seen many studies done on cats because they have become more popular as pets as people start living in smaller living spaces ie. condominiums) have found that if consumed they destroy certain Vitamin Bs in the cat's body, especially the white non-oily fish. So it is really a shame that cat food manufacturers are using so much fish for economic reasons and these days it is really hard to find non-fish canned food from the cheaper brands. Only the premium brands carry chicken, lamb, turkey, etc.
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies

Last edited by FurKids; 03-04-2009 at 08:46 AM.
Old 03-04-2009, 09:27 AM
User Account Terminated

FurKids,
Thanks for explaining in detail. Sometimes its hard to catch the drift when being new and all. The idea about being PM was a figure of speech, to have the executive powers over all States so that plans can be implemented without State interference. Otherwise, what good is the Federal when it has no control over the States? That is what I see happening all these while.

About German & Belgian, I think both of these breeds may come from the same lineage or are rather more closely related [not that I know indepth about Belgian in detail due to lack of interest] simply by being from the same region, I guess.

Irregardless, its incorrect to claim which breed is the smartest especially when dogs does not prosess nor process logic reasoning. I sincerely believe it is more of the ability of the handler to teach & train the dog correctly. So if the German performed better than Belgian on 1 given day, preference will be to German and vice versa.

On a more general note, unless the police and army canine worldwide unit exchanges the majority of their Germans for Belgians, that should give you a fair comparison which breed is suitable for trainability and capability.

Besides, German with its well known coats, has a higher fear factor level than the average dull brown colour of the Belgian. If I was a thief, I would be terrified to even confront a German due to its fearsome reputation. Whereas for a dull brown Belgian with black muzzle, it gives an impression of an ordinary stray, so tackling a stray is relatively easier in that sense.

A guard dog should be a deterrent [FIRST PRIORITY] to would be bad hats. When I own German, I rather not have anyone being attack by a German, when the German itself can deter intrusion in the first place. This is because, I do not want any kind of injuries to befall my would be German Shepherd albeit the injuries will be more on the intruder. The safety of my dog always comes first, for if my dog is injured how then can I be expected to be protected!

About the genetic failure, this is very much due to ignorant breeders who are ignorant about genetics. Seriously IF ONLY they knew what they were doing, there wouldn't be so much misconception going around. There is a saying, "Ignorance breeds ingnorant." You cannot possibly imagine, what I have been through searching for a German without problems! Funny, the pet shop owner will always tell me Champion this & that, but it don't look like a champion to me.

You see, if the Germans really have hip problems which means they literally cannot walk for extended period of time let alone excercise. Then please can anyone TELL ME OFF, how the police & army have their Germans working not only in real life but on TV as well? Must be magic, huh! There is always something which is conflicting in this country, wouldn't you think so?

Is anyone following the talent programme "The Greatest American Dog" on Astro? All though the programme has not ended, I think its already safe to guess who will be the winner. Simply by judging the dog respective handlers and the weakest will always be eliminated. So actually this show should be called "The Greatest American Dog Trainer" but seriously who would want to see the trainer! So its more of a marketing tool. If I wanted to see people in particular, I would tune in to Miss Universe not Dog Trainer.

Last edited by Jeffrey Read; 03-04-2009 at 10:54 AM.
Old 03-04-2009, 09:56 AM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Haha!! Good one, J! I would too, and oogle till I get conjunctivities .... in both eyes!

Oooowwwwhhhhhh!!! My Mandy girl just sank her teeth into me ....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	B67MDY05.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	3663  

Last edited by FurKids; 03-04-2009 at 10:09 AM.
Old 03-04-2009, 02:41 PM
Banned

blackie007
This is what it always happens... when you want to find something, odds are its going to be a difficult find... but when you don't need it anymore, it will reappear. Myself, i remembered to backup every single thing on my laptop before i formatted it.... but i forgot to save all my bookmarks.... so now, need to find time to find back all my lost websites...

Jeff
From what i read before, MOST large sized dogs have hip problems... And there is an article that i read before which suggests that all large sized dogs be on hip supplement... weather if the dog has hip problems or not.. Anyways, from a few articles i read, the conclusion form those articles is they are blaming it on irresponsible breeders which does not consider the health/genetic issues but breed for the sake of money.

There was an article that i received before regarding dogs that is used in the police force.. If i'm not mistaken, those dogs are from the working breed and not the domesticated breed... and only a very small handful of people that are really breeding working dogs.. and these people really go into detail about the genetic stuff because they are working dogs and if there is any genetic defects at all... the handlers life is at stake...

Like you said... the parents can be champions for as many championships around... domestically or even internationally.... but if they just take a male champion and a female champion that is not compatible, there is bound to be complications... Furthermore, i do not think that MKA certified champions are worth a second look.... I've been to a few of those events and all i see are a bunch of monkeys holding a dog on the leash... seriously they look like a bunch of hooligans... and also those people most of them enter the competition so that the offspring produced by the "champions" can fetch a higher price..... Like i mentioned before, a GR pup in Thailand that looks better and also healthier then the offspring of champions are only sold for 1000bhat in nightmarkets, funfairs, etc...

There was something in this forum about poodles that was imported but is sold at a cheap price and everyone was debating if its from thailand or china... odds are they are from thailand.... as poodles are a quite common there... the place where i am staying, u can see owners bringing out their poodles out for rides on bikes... and funny enough... those poodles can stand on the seat sideways, stand with the front paws on the handlebars, or even sit in the basket in from of the bike and yet not jump out when they see cats... average a day i see about 4 different people with poodles on bikes...

got work to do now... if free will have more to come later
Old 03-04-2009, 06:25 PM
User Account Terminated

khengteik,
To fully answer your post correctly is rather tricky. Anyway here goes but I hope to try to see another side of things.

I would not say that the competition is not good. It is good in a way that we learn to compete the dogs and improve the dogs overtime. To do that, there must be benchmark for equal comparison. The reason for doing all this, so that the best genes or the desired genes gets sellected and is passed unto future offsprings.

To say that the competitors are asking a higher price for offsprings from a competitive dog is rather subjective. The amount of work & training incurred on a dog has to be "paid" by someone, right? Otherwise, there is no point for competitors to join competitions "if the genes of their quality dog" is equal of that a inept breeder.

This is a fool proof system and its based on economics demand and supply. If you want a low priced dog with the best quality from a top recognized breeder, I must say that is impossible. Let me know if you can find one.

My thoughts and word of caution, most animal people are not as kind as plant people. Thus a slightest remark can be easily misunderstood. Its just like stirring a bee's hive, if you ask me. However if you really want to improve yourself or your dog, it is best to learn from great dog clubs in America, where there is a written standard to which dogs & handlers must try to achieve. Only with the standard & competitions can we improve ourselves.

I really do not understand and still trying to understand PetFinder and its objective. If its objective is to re-home pets etc then why are animals allowed to be advertise for sale in this forum. There is a conflict of interest as there is direct competition between the objectives. 1 hand people are thought about neutering/spaying and adopting strays to reduce the number of animals while on the other encourages breeding of more animals to fuel the pet craze! Maybe I shouldn't think so much. So really sorry for not being able to comment about the Poodle due to clash of objectives.

Last edited by Jeffrey Read; 03-04-2009 at 07:00 PM.
Old 03-04-2009, 07:44 PM
User Account Terminated

Default Misappropriation of Funds

continuation....

Since the DBKL issue has come to pass, I would like to bring this issue up about misappropriation of funds however I cannot seem to find the article! DAMN! Anyway, it does not stop the fun in role playing again!

Look up The STAR for the last 1 week on reports from today regarding MIED funds gone missing wherein the infamous Samy and another lady are blaming each other or something like that. Pu on the Sherlock hat and see if you can discover the missing "clue" in those reports which is extremely substantial with regards to the above.

The Devil is always in the details.
Old 03-04-2009, 08:48 PM
Banned

Jeff
I wound not disagree with what you have said... What I'm stating here is from what I've seen when when i went to see the dog competition organized by MKA. No doubt there are some of the people that either compete for the fun of it... or to introduce better dogs....

From my understanding, this kind of competition is supposed to be a formal event... Those I've seen in TV and stuff, all of the competitors are very formally dressed and so are the judges. However, this is what i noticed from the competition is:

1. Judges are all wearing coat and tie despite that it is very hot. But the competitors are all in very unformal clothes. Jeans and t-shirt.
2. Most competitors from the looks of it are upper class people. Yet they act like monkeys/hooligans... Shouting and Jumping here and there.
3. Although the event is quite so-so organized, but the competitors are all in a daze and "kelam kabut" when names area called out... Making the whole event like a night market.

That is why i said that most of the competitors are just in for title, and breed for money instead of breeding for the betterment of the breed.

I think i have stressed quite alot in pp.com that I am very against breeders. And since topics on breeding/finding for mate in pp.com is not allowed, you can see that my replies to such people who posts about breeding/finding mates very hostile and also blunt. I don't beat around the bush and if they don't like it, I don't care abit.. For example there was this girl that was looking for a mate for her German Short Hair Pointer as it is in season... when i queried her why the last min search etc, she shot back at me telling me that she is a student vet and she knows what she is doing.... I'm not doing that course so i am not qualified to judge her... etc etc... I dont need to be a vet to know that reputable breeders go about their searching and finding for mate a few months in advance so that they are able to produce a litter that is healthy and also in hope to improve the breed. These are the people that really makes me mad...

In my understanding, there are a few kinds of people who breeds.
1. Reputable breeders who breed to improve the breed.
2. Backyard breeders who breed for the money.
3. People who thinks breeding is fun and tries to breed their pets.
4. People who thinks that they can handle breeding.

But since breeding is not a banned topic here in petfinder, I'm just keeping my mouth shut... Let breeding be handled by experienced/knowledgeable breeders. Dont just breed because your dog is in season...

Anyways, i'm just being open in forums... i'm just talking about my experiences and what i've seen and heard.... This is because, i've come to notice that the trend is always there.... for example, new user looking for a pedigree puppy that knows nothing not only about the breed they are looking for... but dogs in general... When u ask them why they want a shih tzu, they say cos its easier to take care of... but yet they do not know that shih tzu's requires grooming, very prone to get their eyes knocked off their sockets, tears, etc etc... or when ask why they want a big dog, the only real reason they can come up with is they want a guard dog... I would not disagree that some dogs can be trained as guard dogs... but since they know nuts about dogs, y not just install an alarm system in the house? its maintenance free and dont need to bring to vet when its sick... just call the technician and they will come to your doorstep to settle the alarm's problem...

There are load of people that says that they are animal/dog lovers, but genuine ones are very hard to find... from my experiences, genuine animal/dog lovers are the ones that logs into the forum, and discusses things... even after kena shoot kau kau oso will still log in and still talk... because as for me, i am here to learn more... i may not be wrong... but i am also not all knowing.. if i am so... then i would be god...

Anyways, nuff said for now.... almost time for me to pack up and go home ....
Old 03-05-2009, 08:41 AM
User Account Terminated

khengteik,
I get what you are trying to say. I do not know much about competitions but based on what you have said, I can safely conclude competition is very much in its infancy in these part of the world.

Although the issue about dress code may seem trivial now to some, but there is a perfectly logical explanation as to why a standard dress code is necessary in major competitions. Perhaps the organizers will change the rules once there is sufficient following or competitors began to ask for it. To impose such ruling in the infancy of dog competitions can & will kill the following.

If the competition has been going on for donkey years then I can safely say that the organizers have failed to realized the prerequisite for dress codes.

What is really lacking is a site which educates completely about dogs from selection right down to ripe old age for Malaysians. With education, only then can we expect to raise the bar pertaining to dogs. As long the people are NOT educated properly & [some do not want to be educated for whatever reasons], there is always place for inept breeders to make a quick buck from these selected group of people.

To say it nicely, its "Ignorance",
To say it harshly, forgive my language, its "Suckers",
To say it professionally, its "Collateral Damage",
And there is nothing in between.

I have a relative who claims that his dogs are from Champion lineage. Obviously the seller told him that in order to close the deal. Let me put it this way, "Even if those "Champion" dogs were offered to me for FREE, I will nicely decline the offer!". To me, its a waste of dog food & water & my time. Education, education, education. Like, you said, nuff said for now.

ALL
Anyone up for the misappropriation fund challenge? If yes, please say so. Only then will I know that the game is on!

Andy Koh & Moderators,
Thank you for changing the status and Rep. Power however I sincerely would like to request that it be reverted back to Animal Lover and 0 Rep Power, as I like not having titles or whatsoever to my name. I trust that you will understand and heed my request, please.

Last edited by Jeffrey Read; 03-05-2009 at 09:33 AM.
Old 03-05-2009, 10:52 AM
PetFinder Moderator

dog is my buddy has disabled reputation

DBKL Animal Cruelty protestor,
One of your member was wrote an email to me for he/she view and complain at "thread Protest Board. Download here"
http://forums.petfinder.my/showpost....5&postcount=21

Sometimes,things in life are out of our control. We just need to accept the fact.
Rocky, Ricky and Rusty is my best friend.
Old 03-05-2009, 10:59 AM
Banned

Yeah.. so what if its a from a champion linage?? My boss has 2 IMPORTED Dobermans which is from champion linage and was also told that they are very fierce and smart and good guard dogs.... And guess what happened... His 350bhp EVO was stolen right in front of his house on Christmas day and the dogs didn't even bark at all... All both of the dogs know is to fight with each other.... And at the end, they are put in the factory alternately... And to compare the level of stupidity.... both the doberman's are downright stupid.... There is a mongrel staying in my factory and she is smart.... we covered/repaired every single hole on the fence yet she miraculously escapes each time... and then go jalan jalan... but during tea time or lunch time, she will sure to come back to the factory... Apart from that she is sooo at home that she can sleep in the production floor and not get scared or shocked by sudden banging or loud sounds... we can bang the hammer on the table she is sleeping underneath and she will just continue sleeping... like nothing has happened...

Although she is very manja with everyone of us.... as we can whack her whatever way we like... pull her however we want.. yet she dont mind... but if strangers (customers/suppliers/etc) come... its better that she is locked up... there was once that the customer didnt dare to get down from the car because she was barking and barking and standing guard at the car... not letting them get off... and guess waht.. we didnt teach her anything at all... but the so called champion line doberman... teach what oso no use... left ear in.. right ear out...

Jeff
You are right as education beats everything else hands down.. That is why i dont understand why SPCA does not understand this point... educating the elders/non animal lovers is more important then educating the kids...
Old 03-05-2009, 02:59 PM
Petfinder Moderator

Jeffrey,
The Rep Power and Petfinder Buddy are automated. Once a new member has posted more than 50 posts, the rep power switches from 0 to 1, and you become a petfinder buddy.

Of course, if you still prefer to remain an ainmal lover with 0 power, then you can PM Andy on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey Read View Post
Andy Koh & Moderators,
Thank you for changing the status and Rep. Power however I sincerely would like to request that it be reverted back to Animal Lover and 0 Rep Power, as I like not having titles or whatsoever to my name. I trust that you will understand and heed my request, please.

khengteik,
I'm still looking for the vets website. lost my bookmarks when i had to reformat my pc. the ones i found yesterday were payable vet online sites, so they're not what i had accessed before.....unless those sites had now become payable.
Old 03-05-2009, 03:42 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

"You are right as education beats everything else hands down.. That is why i dont understand why SPCA does not understand this point... educating the elders/non animal lovers is more important then educating the kids... "

Yes, khengteik , I agree with you because I have personally encountered how my neighbour's young son had picked up a bunch of very, very young kittens (only about 2 weeks old) among some garbage strewn in a playground (obviously thrown there by someone) and brought them home happily.

However, horror of horrors, upon coming home and discovering the kind and humane deed of the son, the parents gave the poor boy a good scolding for doing something they termed stupid. They then took the box of kittens into their car, drove off and dumped them at some roadside amidst very heavy rain at night!

This was related to me the next day when I asked their maid what had happened to the kittens that she and the young boy had been taking care of.

As such, I think that the SPCA must aggressively go and educate all the housing residents committee members who must in turn tell all their respective residents to be kind and emphathetic towards animals (particularly strays) and cooperate and do TNR and stop their residents from dumping animals, especially any kittens they find hiding in their gardens and drains into the garbage bins (many of which are so young that they have not even opened their eyes and still dependent on the mother cat for milk and chances of survival is so slim even if miraculously managed to be rescued) because these people unashamedly teach their children to do the very same cruel stuff ... they are actually teaching their young impressionable kids to KILL and commit murder!

It is imperative that they really drum it into these ppl's skulls that everyone should participate to effectively solve problems instead of simply taking the easy way out by complaining, dumping the poor animals somewhere else, calling the cruel local authorities to drag them away to strangle or drown.

Last edited by FurKids; 03-05-2009 at 04:05 PM.
Old 03-05-2009, 04:49 PM
Banned

blackie
Its ok... Not a problem... I also need to find time to look for the sites that I used to read from... And not to mention that I'm not that free now compared to last time.... Having quite alot of work to do....

furkids
This is what I've been trying to find out.. Why hasn't anything been done to educate the adults? Like i have mentioned before... There is no point teaching the kids not to throw animals away/treat them cruelly when their parents are doing that... Jeff might have a point where some children despite their parents being animal lovers treat animals in a very cruel way... Again, this is where SPCA steps in to educate the adults how to educate their child... There are alot of other factors that leads to animal cruelty and all those issue/factors/reasons should be taken into account and should be dealt with step by step.... Which like what i have also mentioned... Educational talks should not be given only to young children... but also their parents... and also non-animal lovers... They can choose not to like animals... but not liking animals does not mean that they can treat the animal in a cruel way... Same thing... you dont teach your children to hit/kick/punch a classmate that he does not like... right?? Usually parents will just tell their children to stay away from the person if they don't like him/her... Which could be done the same towards animals... as long as the animal does not disturb them... they also should not disturb the animals... and usually in most cases that kids get scratched/bitten by dogs is because the child provoked the dog first... and the people that is to be blamed is the parents... not the dog... because that is the only way the dog can protect itself... parents should be thought why animals behave as such and in turn educate their children....

something abit off-topic
One of my colleague from Belgium is here and i had a chance to chat with him abit regarding animals... Dogs in particular... Although he is not an animal lover, but he knows fairly well about the animal welfare system in Europe. This is thanks to the help of SPCA there... Where flyers are passed to each house and also having talks in shopping malls.. Apart from that, MOST petshops there are operated by animal lovers and they do not only think about profits alone.... For example, security guards in Europe are not allowed to carry any weapons... Not even sticks. But they are allowed to bring dogs.... but these dogs must be on a leash and muzzle all the time. The muzzle and leash is a one set combination where it is a quick release type. This kind of muzzles are easily available in any shops but they can only be sold to security personnel and you actually have to show them the security pass and also the dog handler's license.. without it, the shop people will never sell. Although there is no record of the thing sold to whom, but they still wont sell to just any Tom,Dick and Harry.... This is the mentality of the people there...

In Malaysia, MOST petshops only think of profit.. How to make more money, etc etc etc... This is what sickens me..

Last edited by khengteik; 03-06-2009 at 10:45 AM.