Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Reviews, Notices & Stories > Hall of Shame

Hall of Shame There are lots of cruel and inconsiderate people out there. Expose their cruel deeds to the world and let them be shamed!

Old 10-15-2008, 10:28 AM
PetFinder Guru

illa79 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Boycott Cruel Restoran Aleef Caterers at TD129, TTDI Market

also saw one for sale at mudah.com.my..lemme check again and see if it's still available..
Old 10-15-2008, 12:24 PM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road
Default Boycott Cruel Restoran Aleef Caterers at TD129, TTDI Market

I have the cage similar to the one posted by Abgraldo but I want to use it for 3 kitties for TNR prog for my PR Lounge kitties end of next week.

Ashley, once you got the pricing then we start the collection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleywong View Post
not starting collection yet, i wanna do a survey first of how much it can cost
Old 10-15-2008, 03:38 PM
Banned

Pawprints is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by abgraldo View Post
There's so many type of 3 tier cages in the market. If it's something like this, if i'm not mistaken cost around 250 - 300 (before the price hikes). Word of caution, the highest tier is quite high and might not be suitable for kitten under 5 months..

Ashley, count me in for any collection..
Quote:
hi abgraldo

you're right, the highest tier is not so good, it's not stable, even for my cats, they frequently disdain the stairs because these are not stable and they trip when the stair dislodges, so i put away the stairs and they have to jump up and down again and again to move from level to level - contratry to popular belief - once a cat is in the cage, they won't find it fun to move around -they want to get out then if they can't they will just lie down and stay put.

hmm, i think maybe maybe a two or three tiered might do for now, at least there's option of adding one to it.
Pakcu and Ashley, we never set up 3-tier cages the way the manufacturer intends, with stairs to climb up, etc which is nice to the eyes and promoting pretty cages but not very pragmatic.

Those villagers from the old kampung (dat one la! ) will have seen pictures put up by FurKids (I remember seeing the postings on Petfinder too) on how to optimise the setup of the large adult sized cage. Can someone do a search in Petfinder forum, I believe you will find the pics posted by FurKids not too long ago.

Currently I am fostering 2 cute less than 3 month old little kittens and they are using my large cage minus ladders. They climb up to the upper clean sleep and play level and jump down to the lower bottom level to poo/pee. Very safe and very good improvised design. All the ladders have been utilised to make the upper level platform which is then covered with Felton floor mats for comfort and easy cleaning.

But I have just come back from Pn Yani's shop. Got bad news. She kept the cats in such dirty conditions (it really depends on one's own concept and level of cleanliness) and next door to her the kedai kopi has opened again after Raya and her neighbours are really pissed off with the stench and cleanliness.

I found out that she had been dumping the poo/pee litter in front of her shop on the excuse of being too busy to take it a few feet away to the garbage chute! Before Raya, every day my friend and I had stopped by to clean up the cage and put in fresh food and water for the cats because we realised that she was very, very busy and rushed to siap baju jahitan for her customers in time for raya and she kept telling us that after raya, she will have the time to do the things we did for her everyday.

But we were wrong. She dumped poo/pee litter outside her shop and several times locked her mother cat out of the shop leaving her hungry and pinning for her kittens inside the shop.

This morning we happened to find the dirty smelly litter box full of poo/pee and the food and water bowls covered with poo/pee and old discarded tins of canned food we donated to her outside her closed shop and had quite a panicked, thinking that DBKL had forcibly entered her shop and thrown everything out (Ashley, sorry for the frantic call to you in the morning).

But we were livid when we found out that she was the one responsible and she was quite angry when we admonished her to be considerate to the other neighbors who were food vendors.

Anyway, to cut the story short, she asked us to take back the 3 orphan kittens. Tapi our hearts are with all the cats, not just the 3 orphan kittens we found the other day. Nasib baik hari tu kitorang sempat tangkap her male kitten 9 months old masa dia tak ada and neutered him out of our own poket!

Sigh! What a tiring and long morning for us today ...

So now, a new SOS ... is there anybody out there who can foster the 3 cuties who can now eat on their own? They love moistened mashed Babycat and Aristocat Tuna & Chicken Premium can food.
Old 10-15-2008, 03:54 PM
Banned

ashleywong is on a distinguished road

pawprint

you have a heart of an angel. there will always be people like pn yani who will take advantage of your compassion

i have followed this thread for a long time, and it has occured to me that either 1) pn yani means well for the animals and try to save as many as she could but she has gone beyond her means and turn into a hoarder OR

2) she herself is not a responsible person who couldn't care less for the cats - based on her own perception of "what god create nature can take care"

i didn't say this as i don't want to cloud everything by throwing a spanner into the works.

however with this new information coming to light, i believe pn yani will fall into the "abuser" or "lack of care"

it is not only the plight of the kittens but the fate of her cat as well. if she cannot be bothered to really take care of them (it doesn't take much effort whether makan ikan sardin ke or leftovers from the take-away economy rice)..a consistent lack of effort on her part, coupled with a continous resistance to "improve" her pet's conditon - all point to a new factor - animal abuse by failing to provide basic decent condition for the pet - adequate clean and fresh food, adequate clean living condition, adequate and clean toilet facility, etc.

in this case, i will suggest that we report this to spca, so they can take the animals away (i'm not sure whether we as general public can take this away), and then we take the cats from spca to foster them until they are properly rehomed.

if we continue to help her, we're also guilty of perpetrating and abetting and proloning the misery of the current cats with her and also future cats.

if she can't be bother to provide decent condition for her cat, the she doesn't deserve to keep her cat.

i know, spca is the last resort to to their "lack of no-kill" policy.

there are many fosterers in this forum, what we can do is to contact them one by one to ask whether they are will to foster a kitten until the kitten is successfully rehomed.

some of the more active group of forummers here are their dedicated rescuers themselves who are using their own financial resources to rescue more cats beside take care of their own, and with the current economic condition, as such we need to look toward a new "crop" of fosterer to help out where possible

just my two cents.

thanks pawprints for being so dedicated and for updating us on the status of the kittens. i don't blame the shopowners for being angry but unfortunately the brunt of their anger is misplaced - it should be on the human perpetrator (pn yani) instead of on the victimised cats.

another other concrete ideas/suggestions for actions ? any volunteers to help foster the kittens?
Old 10-15-2008, 04:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
pawprint

you have a heart of an angel. there will always be people like pn yani who will take advantage of your compassion

i have followed this thread for a long time, and it has occured to me that either 1) pn yani means well for the animals and try to save as many as she could but she has gone beyond her means and turn into a hoarder OR

2) she herself is not a responsible person who couldn't care less for the cats - based on her own perception of "what god create nature can take care"

i didn't say this as i don't want to cloud everything by throwing a spanner into the works.

however with this new information coming to light, i believe pn yani will fall into the "abuser" or "lack of care"

it is not only the plight of the kittens but the fate of her cat as well. if she cannot be bothered to really take care of them (it doesn't take much effort whether makan ikan sardin ke or leftovers from the take-away economy rice)..a consistent lack of effort on her part, coupled with a continous resistance to "improve" her pet's conditon - all point to a new factor - animal abuse by failing to provide basic decent condition for the pet - adequate clean and fresh food, adequate clean living condition, adequate and clean toilet facility, etc.

in this case, i will suggest that we report this to spca, so they can take the animals away (i'm not sure whether we as general public can take this away), and then we take the cats from spca to foster them until they are properly rehomed.

if we continue to help her, we're also guilty of perpetrating and abetting and proloning the misery of the current cats with her and also future cats.

if she can't be bother to provide decent condition for her cat, the she doesn't deserve to keep her cat.

there are many fosterers in this forum, what we can do is to contact them one by one to ask whether they are will to foster a kitten until the kitten is successfully rehomed.

some of the more active group of forummers here are their dedicated rescuers themselves who are using their own financial resources to rescue more cats beside take care of their own, and with the current economic condition, as such we need to look toward a new "crop" of fosterer to help out where possible

just my two cents.

thanks pawprints for being so dedicated and for updating us on the status of the kittens. i don't blame the shopowners for being angry but unfortunately the brunt of their anger is misplaced - it should be on the human perpetrator (pn yani) instead of on the victimised cats.

another other concrete ideas/suggestions for actions ? any volunteers to help foster the kittens?
Yes, Ashley, I share your assessment of the situation. I fall into that category of "some of the more active group of forummers here are their dedicated rescuers themselves who are using their own financial resources to rescue more cats beside take care of their own" and we are so because our eyes have been opened to their misery and suffering and to our own good fortune (hey, they didn't ask to be born cats or dogs!).

I am sooooooooo tired now - emotionally and my heart breaks .... $$ boleh kita cari balik but lives lost or damaged cannot be returned ... kalo saya suffer tak pe utk saya, but when the poor innocent animal suffers itu yang saya tak tahan!
Old 10-15-2008, 04:04 PM
Banned

abgraldo is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
pawprint

just my two cents.

Ok. Are we now talking of fostering 6 kittens + mommy + 1 9months male cat, or else? A bit confused here.. To foster all in one shot might be difficult.. but to foster separately also kesian...hmm.
Agree.. SPCA is the last resort. So sad...

Last edited by abgraldo; 10-15-2008 at 04:28 PM.
Old 10-15-2008, 04:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Ok. Are we now talking of fostering 6 kittens + mommy + 1 male kitten, or else? A bit confused here.. To foster all in one shot might be difficult.. but to foster separately also kesian...hmm.

yes abgraldo has managed to put this into perspective.

how many cats/kittens are we talking here? pawprints do you have a number?
Old 10-15-2008, 04:25 PM
Banned

hi ezer/andy

we do have a list of fosterers - how can we get them to read this particular thread and offer their service? do we Pm then invidivually or can send a group PM to them or wait for them to read this thread?
Old 10-15-2008, 04:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Ok. Are we now talking of fostering 6 kittens + mommy + 1 9months male cat, or else? A bit confused here.. To foster all in one shot might be difficult.. but to foster separately also kesian...hmm.
Yani suruh kitorang ambik balik the 3 kittens (God! mcm la kitorang punya ... kitorang jumpa dlm kotak garbage dump orang buang laaa!!!)

Yes, Pakcu, saya kesian kalau kena separate the kittens from the adoptive mom cat tapi I don't think she will release her mom cat to us! I pity the mom cat and really want to spay her to prevent her more misery caused by an irresponsible human who professes to love her and her 3 own tiny kittens! You know, I found out that that young skinny little mom cat actually had 2 litters already and this is her third! All in the TTDI market! Isk! Isk!

Adoi!!! Rasa mcm telan mati mak, luah mati bapak to take the 3 kittens from the adoptive mom now. The mom cat loves the kittens too, ngiaw aje abandon her own kitties to go to them first!
Old 10-15-2008, 04:57 PM
Banned

abgraldo is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawprints View Post
Yani suruh kitorang ambik balik the 3 kittens (God! mcm la kitorang punya ... kitorang jumpa dlm kotak garbage dump orang buang laaa!!!)

Yes, Pakcu, saya kesian kalau kena separate the kittens from the adoptive mom cat tapi I don't think she will release her mom cat to us! I pity the mom cat and really want to spay her to prevent her more misery caused by an irresponsible human who professes to love her and her 3 own tiny kittens! You know, I found out that that young skinny little mom cat actually had 2 litters already and this is her third! All in the TTDI market! Isk! Isk!

Adoi!!! Rasa mcm telan mati mak, luah mati bapak to take the 3 kittens from the adoptive mom now. The mom cat loves the kittens too, ngiaw aje abandon her own kitties to go to them first!
Ok. Pakcu rasa macam ni la.. Kalau Puan Yani ask us to take back the 3 adopted kitties, OK but with one condition, we have to take all! (the mommy and the 3 mommy's original litter). Talk to Puan Yani, this is for the mommy's sake and other 3 litter who have become too attached. After all, she's not taking a good care of all her cats, and the 3 adopted kittens might not survive without their adopted mommy..
If that's the case, then we could arrange for SPCA to home then temporarily, before rehome them with suitable adoptee.
Just Pakcu 2 cents..
Old 10-16-2008, 02:23 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

FurKids is on a distinguished road

Aku rasa mcm ada orang tarik telinga aku ... someone buzzed?

Oh pasal my innovative cage design sdn bhd ah? Wow, so popular nanti saya fikir nak charge commission utk masuk tabung petfinder so that we can kumpul barangan keperluan emergency needed during pet rescue like cages, carriers, food, etc (tapi member semua pls take good care of barang walaupun bukan barang sendiri so that boleh tahan lama ramai dapat pinjam dan jangan lupa pulangkan segera sebab benda ni kena rolling!), apa kata semua?

OK, back to cerita cage design ... here are the pics ... the small platform set up at the upper level will prevent kittens from tumbling right down half the height of the cage during wild play and also serves as a rest place as well as gentle step up to the upper floor, and you can also put a small platform above the upper main level for extra room and rest place for a kitty. The upper main floor has a 6 inch gap for the kitties to go down to the lower level. Don't leave more than 6 inches so that the upper floor is wide enough for young kittens to tumble around during playfights without falling through (bump!). 6 inches is also sufficient for adult cats (which is what all my full grown cats are using).

Then if you wish, boleh ada option partition off the upper level totally to make 2 separate compartments for kucing yang kurang kamceng ...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	B24Cage04.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	1397   Click image for larger version

Name:	B24Cage10.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	1398   Click image for larger version

Name:	B24Cage11.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	1399   Click image for larger version

Name:	B24Kids02.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	1400   Click image for larger version

Name:	B24Kids04.jpg
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	1401  

Name:	B21Cage01.jpg
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	1402  
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
Old 10-16-2008, 02:29 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

FurKids is on a distinguished road
Default Cat cage design

This pic shows my adult cat climbing up to the upper level through the 6 inch gap using the side of the cage wall minus a lower small platform which is good exercise for her muscles and motor skills.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	B609.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	1403  
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
Old 10-16-2008, 03:46 PM
PetFinder Guru

filinlee is on a distinguished road

now i understand better how u did it... initially i tot it was side by side...

the is fk, my cage ada ruang kat bawah cage untuk letak tray tuh... bawah tuh boleh buka ke? so far i penah buka sides dia jer... conpius makcik...
Old 10-16-2008, 03:48 PM
Banned

hi

can we start a new thread on this? i think furkids' idea is great but sayang kalau orang missed out on it....