Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > The Animal Corner > Cats & Kittens > Training & Behavioral Issues

Training & Behavioral Issues Does your cat have an attitude, or just simply refuses to listen to you? Share it with your peers here and learn more about a cat's behavior and training methods

Old 08-10-2010, 11:25 PM
PetFinder Guru

maris_sa528 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: My cat started to poo on mattress

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightMaiden View Post
Wish me luck, and for those who are facing the same problem...I feel ya..

Ps Maris, i read that when cats are stressed with new arrivals, they might stop using their litter box as well. Hopefully everything would go back to normal once u guys settle down to old routine and she gets used to the new cat
Yeah... Really good luck for both of us, MM... . Hopefully everything gonna be fine after I found the real owner of that new cat...
Old 08-10-2010, 11:26 PM
Animal Lover

reendr is on a distinguished road
Talking Re: My cat started to poo on mattress

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]I adopted one strayed cat at melaka in May 2010 and she piss and poop everywhere she likes..
One day, I put her in the toilet for 24 hours and wallaaaa...... she does her projects in the toilet since..hehe
Anyway, may i know how much the litter kwitter cost in Malaysia? quite difficult to look at Pet shops.....or if there is any online selling?
Old 05-31-2011, 10:58 AM
Animal Lover

anggunje is on a distinguished road

hi everyone,

i have the same problem here. My cat pee on my laundry basket, on my baju2 kotor. There's 1 time she poo poo on that laundry, then malam tu jugak i marah dia and kurung kat dapur dalam 15 minit. Pandai pulak dia poo poo kat pasir. Sambil poo tu dia tengok aje i yg tinjau dia dari tingkap pastu ngiau2 mintak keluar. Konon baik la tu, dah poo kat pasir.

SO far 1 kali aje dia poo dalam basket laundry tu. Lepas kena marah dia ok. Tapi masalah dia pee dalam laundry basket tu tak selesai lagi. Kenapa eh dia taknak pee kat pasir? sebelum ni ok je. Sejak dia dah pee kat himpunan baju busuk tu, dia nak pee kat situ aje.

Pastu, jangan lah tinggalkan pintu bilik terbuka. risau aje kot dia pee kat baju or selimut. Kalau seluar hubby ada atas katil, confirm bila check dah ada bau pee dia.

adus... letih jugak la. Tak tenteram je rasa hati. Mata nak kena perati dia je selalu, nengok dia buat apa.. dulu pernah dia pee kat sofa kesayangan hubby. Tak pasal2 hubby bermasam muka dengan i 2 hari 2 malam.
Old 05-31-2011, 12:44 PM
PetFinder Guru

Felix The Cat is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by anggunje View Post
hi everyone,

i have the same problem here. My cat pee on my laundry basket, on my baju2 kotor. There's 1 time she poo poo on that laundry, then malam tu jugak i marah dia and kurung kat dapur dalam 15 minit. Pandai pulak dia poo poo kat pasir. Sambil poo tu dia tengok aje i yg tinjau dia dari tingkap pastu ngiau2 mintak keluar. Konon baik la tu, dah poo kat pasir.

SO far 1 kali aje dia poo dalam basket laundry tu. Lepas kena marah dia ok. Tapi masalah dia pee dalam laundry basket tu tak selesai lagi. Kenapa eh dia taknak pee kat pasir? sebelum ni ok je. Sejak dia dah pee kat himpunan baju busuk tu, dia nak pee kat situ aje.

Pastu, jangan lah tinggalkan pintu bilik terbuka. risau aje kot dia pee kat baju or selimut. Kalau seluar hubby ada atas katil, confirm bila check dah ada bau pee dia.

adus... letih jugak la. Tak tenteram je rasa hati. Mata nak kena perati dia je selalu, nengok dia buat apa.. dulu pernah dia pee kat sofa kesayangan hubby. Tak pasal2 hubby bermasam muka dengan i 2 hari 2 malam.
Hi Anggunje,

This is a mystery that we all still cannot solve . Based on sciencific research, people say that cats who pee or poo outside their litter box has some kind or is suffering from illness. But when I look at my cats who has this problem they are perfectly fine. No illness at all. Perhaps they just want attention or as some people say 'merajuk' because of new things in the house, or new people in the house. Cats have very complex personalities and are very hard to understand at times.

I suggest you wash your laundry basket with vinegar or some strong liquid to get rid of the pee smell as cats will go by the smell. So if previously they have poo or pee in that area, the smell will remain and thus they will keep repeating their business at the usual place.

My suggestion is get a bottle spray and fill it up with water. Whenever you see your cat approaching the laundry basket squirt some water onto her (dont beat your cat). In time, they will know that its wrong to pee pee there. Trust me it works. As soon as my cats see the water bottle they will ran like hell he..he...

Good luck!

Felix The Cat - Dee wonderful wonderful cat!
http://felixthecats.weebly.com
http://livinginmyworld-phyllis.blogspot.com/
Old 05-31-2011, 02:31 PM
Animal Lover

anggunje is on a distinguished road

wow~ gud idea la the water spray. hihi.. my cat ni, nampak i pegang petsave dry shampoo bottle pon nak mencicit masuk bawah sofa. agaknya kalau kena spray dgn air tu tak tau la how

and i will try the vinegar too. maybe i can make 1 bottle spray of diluted vinegar also to get rid all the urine smell in my entire house

actually, pernah baca juga about "cat yg pee outside the litter box might hav some illness" and something about "cat's urinary infection" somewhere around here. Takut juga..

bagaimana nak bezakan kucing tu ada masalah illness atau hanya masalah behavior? atau maybe dia just stress/ tunjuk tanda protes/ or trying to say something or asking for more attention?
Old 05-31-2011, 04:18 PM
PetFinder Guru

Felix The Cat is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by anggunje View Post
wow~ gud idea la the water spray. hihi.. my cat ni, nampak i pegang petsave dry shampoo bottle pon nak mencicit masuk bawah sofa. agaknya kalau kena spray dgn air tu tak tau la how

and i will try the vinegar too. maybe i can make 1 bottle spray of diluted vinegar also to get rid all the urine smell in my entire house

actually, pernah baca juga about "cat yg pee outside the litter box might hav some illness" and something about "cat's urinary infection" somewhere around here. Takut juga..

bagaimana nak bezakan kucing tu ada masalah illness atau hanya masalah behavior? atau maybe dia just stress/ tunjuk tanda protes/ or trying to say something or asking for more attention?
I am glad that I could share with you
Well... usually cats having or suffering from urinary infection will have a hard time peeing. You can see them sitting and trying to pee but nothing comes out. Sometimes they will meow loudly too as it will be painful to pass urine.
If your cats is not having any of those symptoms than it could be behaviorial problem or trying to seek attention .

Felix The Cat - Dee wonderful wonderful cat!
http://felixthecats.weebly.com
http://livinginmyworld-phyllis.blogspot.com/