Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Pet Welfare, Rescue & Adoption > General Discussion

General Discussion General information and discuss on animal rescue, adoption and advocacy

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2010, 09:18 PM
PetFinder Guru

binbin is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Resolution of Dispute - Kyzoor's Cats

Alhamdulillah kucing LRT tu masih hidup lg......
Old 07-24-2010, 09:18 PM
PetFinder Guru

oni hatamah is on a distinguished road

Appointment at Hope Clinic: Wangsa Maju on Friday the 23rd July 2010/07/23
Duration of Consultation/Treatment/Mediation 10.40am till 2.20pm
Picture of the pets will be posted later.
Pets : 1 adult and 4 kitten

All Pets are currently under my care and are individually caged, accept Dori and Putih. They will remain with me for at least 1 month. The owner has promise to bring bigger cages for the comfort of the cats.
Blood test were done of all of them and confirmed that all the cats were negative of the killer bravo virus. And are in stable condition.

1. BinBin [the LRT stray cat] I have compared old picture of the cat and it looks extremely familiar with BinBin photo in the thread.
Normal Body Weight. The infection around the ear has heal accept at the back of its neck where due to fungal infection has slowed down the growth of new hair. The vet has put the cat on antiboitik.and fungal medication and is due for another check up in two weeks time. No vaccination is being administered until all fungus infection is cured. I will observe the appetite and the bowel movement.

2. Mukriez the all white with a light brown/yellow color at the back , medium/long hair. And he is about 5 months old. He has a perfect clean bill and was vaccinated with the 4 in 1 vaccine and is due for another booster on the 23rd August.

3. Fifa the medium hair dark color about 41/2 months old kitten. The cat is underweight and the white blood cell is slightly low but not at the danger level and does not indicate any infection. The vet has prescribed antibiotic, vitamins and immune booster which need to be taken twice a day. The loss of appetite could be due to many factors. He is due to visit the vet in a week for another check up and if the white blood count is stable the vet will administer the vaccine. He is currently on Hills ID kibbles.

4. Putih, , white with black patch. He is also underweight and the white blood cell is slight higher. According to the vet this could be due that the body will automatically produce a massive count of white blood cell to prepare its self for an attack of any virus, as the white blood cell is like a soldier in the body. He is put on antibiotic, vitamin and immune booster and feed on Hills ID kibble. He is due for another check up in a week.

5. Dori, white, brown/orange/black, 41/2 months kitten. The vet also found that the white blood cell is slightly higher in this cat and it is also slightly under weight. The blood test has shown that it is not infected by any virus at this point of time. The cat is also put on antibiotic, vitamin/ immune booster and to consume Hill ID kibble. Due for another check up in a week time.

As I mentioned to some of you that my main concerned is the wellbeing of the 5 cats and GOD knows how relief I am, that they are out of any dangerous virus now. I will administer all medication to the cats and will monitor them closely, their appetite, temperature, bowel movement etc. and will certainly update and changes [good or bad] here.
I have learned from the vet what a dreadful/strong and intelligence and fast killer this PRAVO is especially among kitten. It is so smart that it attack the entire important internal organ especially the white blood cell production organ, thus making the cat weak and worst for a kitten as it will attack the brain and normally kitten can just drop dead with 3 to 4 days of invasion without even showing any symptom.

CONCLUSION
They are all out of danger zone and give me another week or so, all of the will be have a perfect health bill.
I have also come to an agreement with \wan KAyzoor on the following:

a. That the cats remain with me at least until two weeks after they received their vaccination.

b. And that he is to provide them with a cleaner [disaffection] place. And I will personally inspect his house before releasing the cats to him

c. That he is to bear all medical expenses.

d. He is not to adopt anymore cats until all the cats under his custodian receive a clean health bill.

e. And I strongly recommend that no member should bring their cats into his house unless they are vaccinated.

f. The death of his cats could be due to virus as the surviving cat has high white blood count, which indicate that the antibody is fighting against an intrusion. Dr. Catherine cannot give a positive reason as she does not treat the dying cats. But from the details of the cats death she did said that only PRAVO VIRUS could kill cats instantly especially in kittens without showing any systems.

Unless I am satisfied with the above, the cats will remain with me. Even if I have surrendered them back to him, I will closely monitor their well being
My apologies if the above report is not up to expectation as I am not a vet. I have also informed Wan to give Dr. Catherine of Hope Clinic to Andy if he needs to speak to her.

Wan did ask her why about 3 adults’ n 5 kittens that was vaccinated has also died instantly. The 3 in 1 vaccine did cover the pravo virus but did not cover leukemia or HIV. It could be that the cats has leukemia or HIV which is a silent virus which can live in the cat body without showing any symptoms and only awaken when there is another virus attacking and they can be fatal as well.
Old 07-24-2010, 09:45 PM
PetFinder Guru

nur azua is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to nur azua

Quote:
Originally Posted by binbin View Post
Alhamdulillah kucing LRT tu masih hidup lg......
syukur, Alhamdulillah...
Old 07-24-2010, 09:51 PM
.:: Baby, I dig you! ::.

Location: Subang Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia, World of Animal Lurve...
BabyZee is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BabyZee

rasanya dari post kak oni dah dapat dah kesimpulannya apa...
Old 07-24-2010, 11:06 PM
Animal Lover

Mahizan Khan is on a distinguished road

Salam semua. Maaf ya Kak Oni. Just 2 cents from me. Setahu Mahizan thru research and apa yang Dr. Teoh cakap, FPV hanya boleh di kesan thru feces or urine test. Kalau buat blood count tu, tak tentu lagi results dia, sb dia hanya buat blood count, sb tu murah. Mahizan hari tu, habis utk Romeo nearly RM200. RM50 tuk test sahaja and the rest for injection and medicine. Hanya tuk seekor kucing. Correct me if Im wrong.
Old 07-24-2010, 11:08 PM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road
Default Resolution of Dispute - Kyzoor's Cats

Kak Oni, 3 of my cats died due to FeLV. At the moment there's not vaccination to cure FeLV. FeLV doe not cause cat died instantly. It takes time. Cat under stress with over crowded population are normally will die first. 3 of my cats died were the very quiet and reserved type.

FeLV positive healthy cat can live long,full lives in many cases. They need excellent care, strictly indoor, top quality nutrition and minimal stress. For your info, Peterpan is one of the positive FeLV cat. Though during the test some cats are negative but they were they one who died due to FeLV. This is due their own behaviour. The type of cats who get stress easily,reserved and quiet.

Again, I must highlight, cat with FeLV must have under minimal stress,excellent care and top quality nutrition for them to live longer. They don't die instantly.

Kak Oni, FeLV initial illness lasts 2 to 16 weeks. Signs are no specificic such as loss appetite and weight. Some cats develop enlarged lymph nodes. Wan must already notice this klu betul FeLV. Klu tak notice, tak tau nak caka apalah.

Last edited by June; 07-24-2010 at 11:25 PM.
Old 07-24-2010, 11:40 PM
Human :-)

prinz38i is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to prinz38i

salam kak Oni,

hills i/d adalah utk sakit perut.. utk tambah selera makanan and health recovery u should give a/d juga.
Old 07-25-2010, 12:13 AM
PetFinder Guru

prinz, masa ni, dia org berak cair dan lembut dan kurang selera. Vet suroh bagi id dulu. Tis saturday, she wil examine them again. Yg makan id tu cuma, fifa, putih dan dori je. Whatever food i m giving to them is recomended by the vet n bought at the clinic.
Old 07-25-2010, 12:25 AM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahizan Khan View Post
Salam semua. Maaf ya Kak Oni. Just 2 cents from me. Setahu Mahizan thru research and apa yang Dr. Teoh cakap, FPV hanya boleh di kesan thru feces or urine test. Kalau buat blood count tu, tak tentu lagi results dia, sb dia hanya buat blood count, sb tu murah. Mahizan hari tu, habis utk Romeo nearly RM200. RM50 tuk test sahaja and the rest for injection and medicine. Hanya tuk seekor kucing. Correct me if Im wrong.
mahizan, as i mentioned, the cats are under observation now and are due for another check up. And another test wil be done depending on their response to the current medication
Old 07-25-2010, 12:39 AM
Human :-)

prinz38i is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to prinz38i

ic... then they should be on i/d dulu lah camtu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oni hatamah View Post
prinz, masa ni, dia org berak cair dan lembut dan kurang selera. Vet suroh bagi id dulu. Tis saturday, she wil examine them again. Yg makan id tu cuma, fifa, putih dan dori je. Whatever food i m giving to them is recomended by the vet n bought at the clinic.
Old 07-25-2010, 01:22 AM
Animal Police

Joey'A is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianng87 View Post
Good day everyone, am just a follower of this serious cat abusing case, and what I saw 'kukukaki' commented was so obvious that he is the same owner of the cat abuser. Agreed with 'nur azua' too. So I think this profile-less 'kukukaki' is somehow challenging everyone's mind, please don't be tempting to argue to a pointless arguement. Though I have no evidence to prove 'kukukaki' is the same person, but I believe everyone sees what I see, all I want to say is, again, though I do not know this person, but if you know your mistake, why is it so hard to admit, you just got 1 life to live and why trying so hard to live with it.
Kudos for u!!

http://tailstory.blogspot.com/
Old 07-25-2010, 11:28 AM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road
Default Resolution of Dispute - Kyzoor's Cats

Kak Oni,saya minta maaf dulu sebelum post ini. Saya berpendapat akak jgn pulangkan balik kucing tu pd Kyzoor even after 1 atau 2 bulan. Ini adalah kerana Feline Panleukopenia Virus or also known as Parvo Virus sangatlah resistance. This virus is very hardy. Can survive for a year or sometimes more.

Dulu ada satu kawan forumer kita klu tak salah Sabrinakiss punya kucing mati sakit ni. Vet tak bg dia pelihara kucing utk 6 bulan dulu. Then another 6 mths.
Old 07-25-2010, 02:56 PM
PetFinder Administrator

Administrator has disabled reputation

Oni,

Thank you for your very concise update of the vet check up of Kyzoor's cats, and the follow-up actions on taking care of the cats. Please continue to take good care of the cats and keep us updated on how things go.

Kyzoor,

You have fulfilled our request of conducting the necessary check ups and presented us with the results. We believe you have learnt a valuable lesson on taking care of the cats, and we hope that you would take extreme care and precaution from now onwards to ensure that your premise is properly disinfected and safe for subsequent cats, with the help and advice of our members.

To All Members,

This dispute has been going on for a long time, and with the completion of the check ups, we believe it is time to put a closure on it. We understand that there are still unanswered questions, but we believe the priorities have been achieved and it will no longer be in the interest of our members to prolong this dispute that so often resulted in emotional flares and personal attacks.

As such, we will be closing this thread. We would appreciate it if Oni and Kyzoor can create a new thread to update us on the condition of the cats. However, members should refrain from bringing up the disputes and arguments again. Any person found to persist in attacking others will receive infractions and possible suspension.

Thank you.
Closed Thread