Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Latest News & Happenings > Events

Events Latest happenings and events pertaining to pets and animal welfare

Old 07-09-2010, 10:03 PM
Gentle Giant

Coony is on a distinguished road
Default Biggest Cat Show in Malaysia

I show my cats in all CFA shows in Malaysia, also becoz my cats are CFA registered. I do have a couple of TICA registered cats but I choose to refrain from showing them in a local TICA show as I have yet to be convince by this local club vetting in system & handling of their shows.

As most will probably agree with me that the biggest cat show ever held in Malaysia is still a CFA sanction show & they always had the best cats any local had ever seen. Reason for the competitive competition in a CFA show is becoz it is open to all & we have some of the best cats in ID Asia coming to compete for the DW (Division Winner) ranking. Every CFA show in Malaysia will have participants from HK, China, Thailand, occasionally from Indonesia & Brunei too. Many times we do witness an 8 rings CFA show in Malaysia which have become a norm & this is the most number of rings a club can hold for a single show. One of the most successful 8 rings CFA show ever held was in 2007 at Maltrade with more then 22,000 spectators & 200 pedigree cats. This event was also the event that Malaysia was proud to claim that we are the first to host an 8 rings show together with the Best of The Best, first Feline Agility & Junior Showmanship in ID Asia.

Lately CFA have upgrade the number of rings a single club can host to 10 rings, very soon Malaysian will have a chance to witness this & probably be proud to know that Malaysia is the first to host such show in ID Asia shud we host one before the other clubs in Asia does. But our aim is higher then this, we aim to host the first 6 X 6 rings (12 rings) show with 2 clubs combine to host in a single weekend ever held in ID Asia. I believe a show of such capacity will not be missed by many, especially exhibitors from around the world, meaning some of the best cats in the world.

I hope to get some feedback from all about this, as to how many wud like to participate or how many wud pay to witness the biggest cat show of all time or you think Malaysia is not ready for this.

Best Maine Coon Cattery in CFA ID Asia/LA since 2004
The only Maine Coon cattery with 3 DM, 3 Top Ten MCO National & produce the most GC/GP (30) & DW (12) in CFA ID Asia/LA
Old 07-11-2010, 11:04 PM
Petfinder Moderator

blackie007 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Biggest Cat Show in Malaysia

I think Malaysia is ready to hold an event of such magnitude, but I'm not so sure about the cats in Malaysia. We have too many backyard breeders, and as a result, too many below standard cats......they can only compete amongst local cats......how many of them have gone outside of Malaysia to compete in cat shows and come back as winners?

That said, I hope I am proven wrong. I would love nothing more than to see a 12-ring cat show in Malaysia. And I'm sure PM Najib will be glad to officiate it. He might even enter his Persians in the show.
Old 07-12-2010, 11:35 AM
PetFinder Buddy

TheDillingerEscapePlan is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Biggest Cat Show in Malaysia

i willing to pay any amount for CFA show...i will show at least 3 cat..please bring it on heheheh
Old 08-05-2010, 04:28 PM
Gentle Giant

Glad to know that you are ready to support & show in a CFA show. I know there are many who shy away from a CFA show becoz of the competitive competition in a CFA show. By competing among the best, only then will you know how good your cats are & it is in this competitive show you will meet & learn from the best. There is nothing to be ashame of if you lose to a better cat but so much to joy for when you are among the best cats.

Everyone know the best cat show in Malaysia is still a CFA show as this is the only shows where the best cats in the country & Asia gather.

The reality of the the first biggest ever CFA cat show in Asia is coming close to happening. This will be the 2nd time when Malaysia created CFA record & history since 2007 in ID Asia to host the biggest CFA Cat Show in ID Asia, it is not something that come by everyday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDillingerEscapePlan View Post
i willing to pay any amount for CFA show...i will show at least 3 cat..please bring it on heheheh

The only Maine Coon cattery with 3 DM, 3 Top Ten MCO National & produce the most GC/GP (30) & DW (12) in CFA ID Asia/LA
Old 08-05-2010, 06:43 PM
PetFinder Buddy

hhplover is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Quote:
hpplover aku tak join show tapi aku suka tengok..
Quote:
Miamelissa..persian u kolo masuk CFA bleh menang ker? hehehehh and Tica pon bleh menang ker? heheheh sudah2 la tak mou masuk sudah..aku ada kucing tak payah masuk2 show..mengarut...
Quote:
Puan Hani..eloklah siarkan saja ape2 info pasal MCFA show tuh..tengok dah kelam kabut skarng nieh....saya tak masuk show2 kucing nieh..mengarut...ada show pon nak bergaduh..hhp nampak mcm org nak hentam jer...apa kata korang ckp @ call terus gan mail tuh habis cita..tak payah nak tunjuk terer kat sini....Puan Hani pon..susah sgt ker nak kasi Info show tuh kat sini mybe boleh membantu sesiapa yang tak dpt info...{ good}
I thought u said cat show semua ni mengarut? or you yang mengarut? karut betul la hang ni, tak join cat show tapi lebih-lebih pulak komennye... memang kaki escape ko ni...
Old 08-05-2010, 06:49 PM
PetFinder Buddy

Yes Coony, I will support and show my cats. This could be once in a life time opportunity for cats fan in Malaysia. I do hope it will become reality.
Old 08-06-2010, 12:40 AM
Animal Lover

deanil is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhplover View Post
Yes Coony, I will support and show my cats. This could be once in a life time opportunity for cats fan in Malaysia. I do hope it will become reality.
me too...
Old 08-06-2010, 10:55 AM
Animal Lover

rado is on a distinguished road

i hope that this CFA show thread will not become a "hot stuff" because of the show details was kept in the committee/president pocket..
hehe...

btw, i'll not enter the show but really want to attend both "MCFA" & "CFA" shows for comparing which once the most well planned...
Old 08-06-2010, 04:37 PM
Animal Lover

iamrhea is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to iamrhea

It is good news to know that somebody is taking the effort to make this happen.
Kudos Jimmy!

Old 08-20-2010, 02:46 PM
Gentle Giant

The reality of the 1st 6 X 6 Rings CFA show (Mycat 2010) in KL Malaysia in Dec is definitely happening. The show limit is 225 cats include HHP limit to not more then 25 cats. We are expecting a 100 or more foreign entries for this biggest show ever in Asia. The sponsoring clubs are Borneo Cat Club & China Phoenix Cat Club.

The week after the Mycat 2010 in KL will be another 8 rings CFA show in KK by BCC. Both these shows are definitely attracting all campaigning cats for the season & it will be a good time to try to grand your cat too. It will probably be a once in a life time chance to witness all the best cats in Asia or maybe even the world in these 2 shows in Malaysia. A true challenge for all the competing cats & will be a lost to those that missed to witness it.

More detail of the show will be posted from time to time as the progress take place.

Old 08-20-2010, 04:13 PM
PetFinder Buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coony View Post
The reality of the 1st 6 X 6 Rings CFA show (Mycat 2010) in KL Malaysia in Dec is definitely happening.
Congrats!.. just want to confirm (1st 6 x 6 Rings equal to 36 Rings, are u sure?), i think its should be written as 1st 2 x 6 Rings... hehe, right?
I'll definitely support and show my HHP and Pedigrees.
Old 08-20-2010, 04:31 PM
PetFinder Guru

DJSNAZ83 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhplover View Post
Congrats!.. just want to confirm (1st 6 x 6 Rings equal to 36 Rings, are u sure?), i think its should be written as 1st 2 x 6 Rings... hehe, right?
I'll definitely support and show my HHP and Pedigrees.
Hehehe...

hhplover,
i think u got it wrong lah, dear..
6x6 rings means there will be 2 shows which each containing 6 rings..so, the total will be 12 rings.. not 36.
Old 08-20-2010, 05:25 PM
PetFinder Buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJSNAZ83 View Post
Hehehe...

hhplover,
i think u got it wrong lah, dear..
6x6 rings means there will be 2 shows which each containing 6 rings..so, the total will be 12 rings.. not 36.
haha... thanks DJSNAZ,
36 rings huh... hehe
Old 10-30-2010, 10:04 PM
Gentle Giant

Mycat 2010 6 X 6 rings show in KL will be officially announce within the next few days. At the mean time I would like to announce that Pet Epicure is kind enough to sponsor one entry to one purchase of the Sturdi show tent from them before the 10th of Nov 2010. In this show no show cages will be provided, all exhibitor will have to bring their own.

Old 10-30-2010, 10:53 PM
PetFinder Buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coony View Post
Mycat 2010 6 X 6 rings show in KL will be officially announce within the next few days. At the mean time I would like to announce that Pet Epicure is kind enough to sponsor one entry to one purchase of the Sturdi show tent from them before the 10th of Nov 2010. In this show no show cages will be provided, all exhibitor will have to bring their own.
Great! Just wondering, wether this offer also extended to HHP entries?

Small suggestion : Since we all have to bring our own cage, and the offer from Pet Epicure is just fantastic, could we make online payment to Pet Epicure before the 10th Nov and collect it at the show day?
Old 10-31-2010, 01:07 PM
Gentle Giant

The offer extend to all entry but I have to let you know it is while stock last or entry filled. Whatever arrangement you want you make it with pet Epicure.

Old 11-02-2010, 05:24 PM
Animal Lover

nekonekoji is on a distinguished road

Hi Coony,

Just want to know, if my cat is register under TICA can I enter this show?

Also if my cat age during the show is 3 month and 29 days, can it enter the show?

Sorry, for this question.
Old 11-02-2010, 09:10 PM
Gentle Giant

Sorry, your cat have to be minimum 4 mths to be able to participate in our show. You can join the show even if your cat is TICA registered but as novice, or you get can apply for CFA registration by providing the pedigree requirement that CFA need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekonekoji View Post
Hi Coony,

Just want to know, if my cat is register under TICA can I enter this show?

Also if my cat age during the show is 3 month and 29 days, can it enter the show?

Sorry, for this question.

Old 11-02-2010, 10:13 PM
Animal Lover

nekonekoji is on a distinguished road

Hi Coony,

Thank for the reply. I have all the pedigree 5 generation for my cat.

Just that to sad that my cat birth on 6 August 2010 and your show is on 4 to 5 December 2010. Just late by a day.

Really want to enter the show, just want to feel the show environment.
Old 11-16-2010, 01:53 PM
Gentle Giant

Just came back from my last show in Shanghai. I came to know from my entry clerk that the Mycat 2010 is almost 90% filled by the closing date of the early bird rate. We have very good cats coming from around the world. Don't miss this once in a life time opportunity to see some of the most gorgeous cats coming to town this Dec.