Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > The Animal Corner > Cats & Kittens > Health, Disease & Diet

Health, Disease & Diet Find out the best tips and practices on managing your cat's diet, health care, and issues with diseases from our community of animal lovers

Old 04-24-2009, 03:13 PM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road
Default Allergic to Fleas

td pagi bawa Mokmok gi jumpa Dr Jonathan ambik blood test and all.rupanya dia alergik to fleas bite. nasib baik bukan haemobotanella (lebih kuranglah bunyi camtu,tak sempat nak tulis td nama penyakit tu). dapat sikit ubat dan kena sembur seluruh badan dgn ubat kutu.pastu seisi rmh kucing suma kena sembur juga.hai!! terbang duit RM138 pasal si mokmok ni. tahun lalu si mokmok dah gi 2 x buat blood test.takde apa.tp lately aku tgk dia punya badan ada tompok2 kat tengkuk dan bontot.kena gigitan fleas.
Old 04-24-2009, 03:28 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

FurKids is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Allergic to Fleas

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
td pagi bawa Mokmok gi jumpa Dr Jonathan ambik blood test and all.rupanya dia alergik to fleas bite. nasib baik bukan haemobotanella (lebih kuranglah bunyi camtu,tak sempat nak tulis td nama penyakit tu). dapat sikit ubat dan kena sembur seluruh badan dgn ubat kutu.pastu seisi rmh kucing suma kena sembur juga.hai!! terbang duit RM138 pasal si mokmok ni. tahun lalu si mokmok dah gi 2 x buat blood test.takde apa.tp lately aku tgk dia punya badan ada tompok2 kat tengkuk dan bontot.kena gigitan fleas.
Oooohhh ... yitu tompok-tompok bulu hilang kaaaa ... yes, flea or mite (my Alpha kena hari tu) allergy, buat gatal jadi dia garu ...

Mak aiii!!! Mahal nyer ... my Alpha's treatment only cost a total of RM Dua puluh lebey lepas diskaun ... ubat Ivermectin (given according to body weight) baru lebih kurang RM5. Cuma buat ear swap cari punca ear mites dan jumpa satu ekor ajer ... kawan nie suker melawat kampung lama dia di mana terdapat belaan anjing. Nasib baik yg lain tak ader yg ikut dia ...

June kena taroh Frontline Combo spot on kasi semua kucing. Will PM you next week a little more on this.

Tapi I think Dr Jon buat blood test (itu yg buat mahal) to investigate kenapa si Mokmok tak mokmok langsung. Does she have diabetes?
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies

Last edited by FurKids; 04-24-2009 at 03:56 PM.
Old 04-24-2009, 03:33 PM
Animal Lover

hah!!! suami aku perasan ada tompok bulu hilang.aku pun jd risau.terus call Dr Jonathan buat appointment ari ni.tp tompok tu takde sebelum ni.jd aku pun tak tau nape jd mcm ni. aku beli satu botol besar dgn Dr Jon pasal tu jd mahal RM138.termasuk blood test,deworm sekali.tp dr jon kata dari blood test takde penyakit yg aku cakap td.tp ada alergik.so dia bg sejenis ubat mcm liquid,aku tak sempat baca nama ubat tu.aku pakai campak atas katil tadi dan rush ke office. balik nanti aku belek.masa kat klinik dia kena sembur frontline dan deworm.aku bawa balik frontline tu.karang kucing kat rmh aku kena sembur sekali juga. tak cukuplah 1 botol tu utk 10 ekor yg lain.esok kena beli lg klu tak cukup 1 botol frontline tu.

diabetes dan lain2 takde.suma ok.alergik tu je.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurKids View Post
Oooohhh ... yitu tompok-tompok bulu hilang kaaaa ... yes, flea or mite (my Alpha kena hari tu) allergy, buat gatal jadi dia garu ...

Mak aiii!!! Mahal nyer ... my Alpha's treatment only cost a total of RM Dua puluh lebey lepas diskaun ... ubat Ivermectin (given according to body weight) baru lebih kurang RM5. Cuma buat ear swap cari punca ear mites dan jumpa satu ekor ajer ... kawan nie suker melawat kampung lama dia di mana terdapat belaan anjing. Nasib baik yg lain tak ader yg ikut dia ...

June kena taroh Frontline Combo spot on kasi semua kucing. Read my PM.

Tapi I think Dr Jon buat blood test (itu yg buat mahal) to investigate kenapa si Mokmok tak mokmok langsung. Does she have diabetes?
Old 04-24-2009, 04:46 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Oooh, pada tompok-tompok di mana bulu hilang tu saya tak letak apa-apa, dan bulu tumbuh balik sendiri dah ... lebat dan comel kembali mcm dulu. But I give her satu tablet of Brewer's Yeast every few days for the bulu and skin recovery.

She was given 3 doses of ivermectin (1 dose per week) to get rid of the mites. Lepas the first dose, dia dah mula berhenti menggaru and beransuran semboh. The other 2 doses are to complete the treatment.

You know, June, instead of the expensive medication yg vet kasi, you could have used your Gamat instead and it would have worked even better and less toksik sebab kucing akan menjilat. Genuine and pure Gamat like the one that you used on PP is very, very effective.
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
Old 04-24-2009, 04:50 PM
Animal Lover

Kimi is on a distinguished road

Hey,Furkids...Will this works on dogs too? Cause my neighbour she has a dog but thn she never bath the dog & this cause the dog to start having fleas around his body. n& i have 2 puppies at home. What should i do guys? Please help me here?
Old 04-24-2009, 04:52 PM
Animal Lover

Brewer yeast aku ada beli yg dulu ko recommendkan. yg ubat liquid vet bg utk generate blood si Mokmok.dia byk hilang darah sebab kutu makan.

Gamat?? gel gamat blh letak kat tompok botak tu tp aku tak blh sapu seluruh badan dia dgn gel.karang licinlah dia mcm belut.heheheh!!

vet charge RM138 termasuk deworm,blood test,1 botol 250ml frontline spray dan ubat liquid utk tambah darah mokmok.

Quote:
Oooh, pada tompok-tompok di mana bulu hilang tu saya tak letak apa-apa, dan bulu tumbuh balik sendiri dah ... lebat dan comel kembali mcm dulu. But I give her satu tablet of Brewer's Yeast every few days for the bulu and skin recovery.

She was given 3 doses of ivermectin (1 dose per week) to get rid of the mites. Lepas the first dose, dia dah mula berhenti menggaru and beransuran semboh. The other 2 doses are to complete the treatment.

You know, June, instead of the expensive medication yg vet kasi, you could have used your Gamat instead and it would have worked even better and less toksik sebab kucing akan menjilat. Genuine and pure Gamat like the one that you used on PP is very, very effective.
Old 04-24-2009, 04:54 PM
Animal Lover

Kimi,maybe u can post at Dog & puppies thread so that those people own dog can give u some advice.I also not sure if cat's medication apply on dog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimi View Post
Hey,Furkids...Will this works on dogs too? Cause my neighbour she has a dog but thn she never bath the dog & this cause the dog to start having fleas around his body. n& i have 2 puppies at home. What should i do guys? Please help me here?
Old 04-24-2009, 04:57 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Quote:
Brewer yeast aku ada beli yg dulu ko recommendkan. yg ubat liquid vet bg utk generate blood si Mokmok.dia byk hilang darah sebab kutu makan.

Gamat?? gel gamat blh letak kat tompok botak tu tp aku tak blh sapu seluruh badan dia dgn gel.karang licinlah dia mcm belut.heheheh!!

vet charge RM138 termasuk deworm,blood test,1 botol 250ml frontline spray dan ubat liquid utk tambah darah mokmok.
Sakit perut ko buat aku nie, June ... bukan sapu satu badan la, tapi put a little on your finger and apply a thin film on to the skin where the missing fur is and rub it in gently for a few seconds bagi dia resap because she is gonna lick it.

Repeat 2-3 times a day for several days.

Wah, the flea infestation is so very bad that Mokmok dah jadi anaemic ke? Then she must have been scratching all over especially her neck and kefala for some time ... June tak notice ke? If she is so bad, the other kids mesti must have been doing the scratching dance together too and you and hubby must have experienced bites and red bumps on your body then ...

Oh, yes, kalau semua dah kena, all the other kids kena deworm, including yourself and your hubby sebab fleas carry worm infestation across when they bite.

... makan lah Combantrin (mcm iklan) ...

Last edited by FurKids; 04-24-2009 at 05:02 PM.
Old 04-24-2009, 04:59 PM
Animal Lover

June........Im new here...& i dont know how to post a thread. Can u teach me? Hey, Furkids ini,sombong larx....tak layan saya langsung.
Old 04-24-2009, 05:00 PM
Animal Lover

hahahahah!! ok,ok.faham.yg tu aku setuju sangat.gel gamat sgt berkesan.

Quote:
Sakit perut ko buat aku nie, June ... bukan sapu satu badan la, tapi put a little on your finger and apply a thin film on to the skin where the missing fur is and rub it in gently for a few seconds bagi dia resap because she is gonna lick it.

Repeat 2-3 times a day for several days.
Old 04-24-2009, 05:01 PM
Animal Lover

No lah.he's not sombong but he own cats so maybe like me also.not sure if the medication can use on dogs or not. U go to Dogs and Puppy thread similar like Cats & Kittens thread.You can post at the Health & Disease section.I'm sure doggie lover will help you

Quote:
June........Im new here...& i dont know how to post a thread. Can u teach me? Hey, Furkids ini,sombong larx....tak layan saya langsung.
Old 04-24-2009, 05:07 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Quote:
Sorry busy disturbing June and didn't see your post ...

Kimi. go buy the Frontline Combo for dog (but check your dog weight and size - got S for small, M for medium and L for Large). Make sure you get the Combo one which covers mites which is very common problem for dogs. The fleas and mites get killed within 48 hours. If you have bathed your dog, make sure you wait 2 days before applying and after applying , if you wana bath your dogs wait 2 days also. Do not apply the Frontline more frequently than once in 30 days.

Bye, all, have nice weekend!
Old 04-24-2009, 05:17 PM
Animal Lover

June...im know..u both were close friends!wish i have friends that were close to me at here.....anyway...Furkids...is this medicine easy to find? & around how much? Sorry if i kept asking too much of a question but im new here & u all r long time members her worx.so must help me..heh heh
Old 04-24-2009, 05:21 PM
Animal Lover

hahahahaha!! The truth is we never met before ler.met in the forum only.maybe all cat lovers are good friends frontline u can get from the vet.where are u staying?? I can recommend few good vet. maybe other forumers also can recommend good vet?? if you stay in Kajang/Bangi,Serdang area u can go to Pakcu's shop.His shop is in Bangi. near Petronas after Bangi toll. U can chk out more info at his thread in this forum.Go to Petshop & Product thread, then you can see Pakcu Usual Shop.

Quote:
June...im know..u both were close friends!wish i have friends that were close to me at here.....anyway...Furkids...is this medicine easy to find? & around how much? Sorry if i kept asking too much of a question but im new here & u all r long time members her worx.so must help me..heh heh
Old 04-24-2009, 05:28 PM
Animal Lover

Wow..im impress..Get close eventhough never meet beforeadmire u guys..hah hah..anyway,i stay in mont kiara there...Pakcu?siapa Pakcu nie? yr uncle?
Old 04-24-2009, 05:43 PM
Animal Lover

Mont Kiara?? aiyoh!! I'm not familiar with that area. need to call other forumers to chk out good vet around the area.hahahah!! ya lor!! most of us here never met ler. but can be good friends OL.

aiyah!! pakcu not my uncle.heheheheh!! he is our forumer friend.he opened petshop last month in Bangi.

Quote:
Wow..im impress..Get close eventhough never meet beforeadmire u guys..hah hah..anyway,i stay in mont kiara there...Pakcu?siapa Pakcu nie? yr uncle?
Old 04-24-2009, 05:46 PM
Animal Lover

Woops!my bad...i thought pakcu was yr uncle...thanks for yr helpkisses for u & Furkids,yeah.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:17 AM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Quote:
hahahahaha!! The truth is we never met before ler.met in the forum only.maybe all cat lovers are good friends frontline u can get from the vet.where are u staying?? I can recommend few good vet. maybe other forumers also can recommend good vet?? if you stay in Kajang/Bangi,Serdang area u can go to Pakcu's shop.His shop is in Bangi. near Petronas after Bangi toll. U can chk out more info at his thread in this forum.Go to Petshop & Product thread, then you can see Pakcu Usual Shop.
Kimi
FYI, the Frontline Combo (for dogs or cats) are only sold at clinics, not at pet shops ... pet shops only sell the Frontline Spray and the ordinary spot-on that does not address mites and I personally prefer something which protects my cats from mites as well because it is so easy for them to pick it up and they end up with extra problems. It just cost a little bit more than the normal spot-on but very worth it!

The box containing 3 pipettes for large dogs (combo type) costs around RM80 in vet clinics.

The treatment protects your pet for a month. I am waiting for the one that can protect them for 6 months but it is still not available in our country after so long ... have to get from Singapore.

Kimi, puppy.com is a very good website for dogs and you get lots of dog advice there.

Last edited by FurKids; 04-27-2009 at 09:24 AM.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:41 AM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Quote:
... hahahahaha!! The truth is we never met before ler.met in the forum only.maybe all cat lovers are good friends ...
Kimi
June and I just happen to have our kefala screwed on in the same direction ... know how to laugh at things and not get too serious over trivial things ... got similar sense of humour and talk pretty much at the same frequency ... we are both very strong personalities with strong opinion of things around us, got a strong sense of what is right and what is wrong and not afraid to say so ... and we simply happen to hit it off ... chemistry ngam-ngam one .... but I think the most important is that we both respect each other very much as persons

There are lots of people out there in the forum and if you stay on long enough, you will find several like minded and like hearted people that you hit it off well with ... there won't be many, but there will be one or two and that is more than enough for you to have a good time poking each other in the ribs, don't worry ...
Old 04-28-2009, 04:59 PM
Azman

catt413 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to catt413

Quote:
kat hartamas ada satu vet... lynielime regular kat situ...