Home   Find A Pet    Forum   WAGazine   Medical   Classifieds   Store
|           

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Reviews, Notices & Stories > Hall of Shame

Hall of Shame There are lots of cruel and inconsiderate people out there. Expose their cruel deeds to the world and let them be shamed!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 09-18-2008, 10:00 AM
Pawprints Pawprints is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: PJ
Posts: 44
Rep Power: 0
Pawprints is on a distinguished road
Default Boycott Cruel Restoran Aleef Caterers at TD129, TTDI Market

Urgent and calling all fellow animal lovers!

Please boycott Restoran Aleef Caterers at TD129, TTDI Market and force them out of business!

This week they had made traps to catch the innocent cats and kittens in the dumped in the market and removed them in a very cruel manner. Many of them were very small kittens still seen suckling from their mothers there. Despite angry outbursts from sympathetic people, they just retorted that they hated cats!

Background story:

Many kittens are found on the top floor because a very sympathetic Indian man had been collecting very small kittens (many so young that their eyes have not even opened) dumped downstairs and along the road there. Many, many end up squashed under the wheels of cars and lorries. With no place to put them, he carried many up to the top floor and nursed and fed them, trying to at least give them some form of safety out of compassion.

2 weeks ago a box of 3 very young kittens were dumped in a box. They had been crying downstairs for almost 2 days before someone took them upstairs to a sympathetic dressmaker named Yani who happened to be sheltering a mother cat which had just given birth to 3 kittens of her own.

Thank God, the mother cat took in the 3 orphaned kittens and immediately suckled the dehydrated and starved kittens and they are surviving.

The brave and kind young lady Yani is living in constant hostility from the other unkind and apathetic shoplot owners who constantly deride and hurl abuses at her.

My appeal to all my fellow animal and cat lovers far and wide is:

1) Do drop by to give Pn. Yani some moral and financial support. She is not rich but has a very big heart.

2) Anyone with tongue-lashing talent, please go to Restoran Aleef Caterers (in broad daylight and business hours better in full view of every one and the whole market), ask them if they really are Muslims and follow the Nabi who himself cut off his sleeve rather than disturb the sleeping cat. If they really want to reduce the number of cats, they should really pasang mata, catch the people who dumped the poor cats and kittens and belasah them, not trap the cats and kittens (who will not survive) and dump them elsewhere seeking the easy way out and cuci tangan!

3) Boycott and tell everyone you know to boycott Restoran Aleef Caterers and the other hostile shoplots till they go out of business and replaced by kinder and more compassionate vendors.

4) The sad thing is some kind people are helping neuter the cats there, but these selfish and shortsighted people are destroying everything including the lives of the very young kittens which had already been saved a certain death downstairs by a kind simple Indian man. Where he can, this man actually cries and buries the dead cats run over by cars somewhere and puts flowers on their graves.

Petfinder gang, please drop by TTDI market in full force and belasah these cruel people and help poor Yani. Someone gave her a very small cage to keep the mother cat in with her own 3 babies so that the other 3 bigger orphans would not monopolise all her milk supply but it is not enough.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-18-2008, 10:19 AM
ashleywong ashleywong is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Taman Desa, KL
Posts: 711
Rep Power: 0
ashleywong is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Boycott Cruel Restoran Aleef Caterers at TD129, TTDI Market

Hi pawprints

thanks for the update and the info.

i'll know for sure i won't patronise this restoran aleef caterers. action speaks louder than words and we need to spread this message along - it's time we demand the businesses follow "corporate social responsibility".

what we can do to help puan yani and the poor kittens/cats are

1) provide her with some pet food (if the older orphans are ready to eat dry food) this is temporary solution till the kittens are rehomed and adopted.

2) a cage is a good idea for short-timed confinement like maybe to ensure certain babies get milk supply but it is not advisable for long-term containment

3) better solution is help sponsor the female cat to be spayed - i'm sure anyone of us can do that - i've checked with my vet - the earliest a nursing female can be spayed is actually 2 weeks after birth but most opt to do so until after nursing is finished But then the female cat has to be confined and contained as her heat cycle may come then even during nursing (they are poly-estrus - many cycles throughout the year)

4) also all help to profile the kittens here so they find a good home

5) backup solution, the fosterers in this forum help to foster the kittens until all are rehomed and adopted.

6) also those who are in touch / voluntter with either SPCA, PAWs or FFF request a TNR program to be held there? the rest can help by either volunteering to help out or donate cash or product in kind.

do you personally know puan yani? if yes, perhaps you can act as our "introducer" and go with us (those who volunterer) to see her ? i don't want to be scared by some strangers descending upon her, she has taken so much verbal abuses from her neighbours, she may be vary if we show up suddenly and we're not "local" to the area.

what say you petfinder.my forumers?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-18-2008, 10:21 AM
June June is offline
Animal Lover
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Tmn Shamelin Perkasa-Kota Kinabalu
Posts: 6,004
Rep Power: 0
June is on a distinguished road
Default Boycott Cruel Restoran Aleef Caterers at TD129, TTDI Market

I'm with you Ashley,Why don't we group together and go to this restaurant and give them some lesson?? I know I have a very sharp tongue. I know how to kiwi this kind of people but I cannot do it alone. Anyone??

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleywong View Post
Hi pawprints

thanks for the update and the info.

i'll know for sure i won't patronise this restoran aleef caterers. action speaks louder than words and we need to spread this message along - it's time we demand the businesses follow "corporate social responsibility".

what we can do to help puan yani and the poor kittens/cats are

1) provide her with some pet food (if the older orphans are ready to eat dry food) this is temporary solution till the kittens are rehomed and adopted.

2) a cage is a good idea for short-timed confinement like maybe to ensure certain babies get milk supply but it is not advisable for long-term containment

3) better solution is help sponsor the female cat to be spayed - i'm sure anyone of us can do that - i've checked with my vet - the earliest a nursing female can be spayed is actually 2 weeks after birth but most opt to do so until after nursing is finished But then the female cat has to be confined and contained as her heat cycle may come then even during nursing (they are poly-estrus - many cycles throughout the year)

4) also all help to profile the kittens here so they find a good home

5) backup solution, the fosterers in this forum help to foster the kittens until all are rehomed and adopted.

6) also those who are in touch / voluntter with either SPCA, PAWs or FFF request a TNR program to be held there? the rest can help by either volunteering to help out or donate cash or product in kind.

do you personally know puan yani? if yes, perhaps you can act as our "introducer" and go with us (those who volunterer) to see her ? i don't want to be scared by some strangers descending upon her, she has taken so much verbal abuses from her neighbours, she may be vary if we show up suddenly and we're not "local" to the area.

what say you petfinder.my forumers?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-18-2008, 10:55 AM
BabyZee's Avatar
BabyZee BabyZee is offline
.:: Baby, I dig you! ::.
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Subang Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia, World of Animal Lurve...
Posts: 1,868
Rep Power: 11
BabyZee is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BabyZee
Default Re: Boycott Cruel Restoran Aleef Caterers at TD129, TTDI Market

syukur ada the kind indian man and pn.yani, if not don't know what would happen to the kitties that have not been saved my them...

neway i'm quite bad in location, this TTDI is the kl one or the shah alam one?sorry for this funny question..

i agree with kak june and maybe there are any forumers here also know the real story and have seen it for themselves, it would be good if we really have a solid proob like a video shootage or something...

neway hope pn.yani will be able to join us and give her side of story..
__________________
" Bad things happen. Trust that good things happen, too.
Sometimes you’ve just got to close your eyes, hold on tight and believe. "
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-18-2008, 11:48 AM
Pawprints Pawprints is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: PJ
Posts: 44
Rep Power: 0
Pawprints is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Boycott Cruel Restoran Aleef Caterers at TD129, TTDI Market

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleywong View Post
Hi pawprints

thanks for the update and the info.

i'll know for sure i won't patronise this restoran aleef caterers. action speaks louder than words and we need to spread this message along - it's time we demand the businesses follow "corporate social responsibility".

what we can do to help puan yani and the poor kittens/cats are

1) provide her with some pet food (if the older orphans are ready to eat dry food) this is temporary solution till the kittens are rehomed and adopted.

2) a cage is a good idea for short-timed confinement like maybe to ensure certain babies get milk supply but it is not advisable for long-term containment

3) better solution is help sponsor the female cat to be spayed - i'm sure anyone of us can do that - i've checked with my vet - the earliest a nursing female can be spayed is actually 2 weeks after birth but most opt to do so until after nursing is finished But then the female cat has to be confined and contained as her heat cycle may come then even during nursing (they are poly-estrus - many cycles throughout the year)

4) also all help to profile the kittens here so they find a good home

5) backup solution, the fosterers in this forum help to foster the kittens until all are rehomed and adopted.

6) also those who are in touch / voluntter with either SPCA, PAWs or FFF request a TNR program to be held there? the rest can help by either volunteering to help out or donate cash or product in kind.

do you personally know puan yani? if yes, perhaps you can act as our "introducer" and go with us (those who volunterer) to see her ? i don't want to be scared by some strangers descending upon her, she has taken so much verbal abuses from her neighbours, she may be vary if we show up suddenly and we're not "local" to the area.

what say you petfinder.my forumers?
Ashley, no I do not know Pn. Yani personally but from the feedback I get on the ground, she is a very simple, young lady not of substantial means, even education background is simple. But with a big heart for the cats.

Please leave or go very, very slow about the idea of neutering her own cat which she loves very, very much. Due to her educational background (I am sure that you guys are very aware that even though well meaning, deep down many struggle with the word 'dosa"). Also, her cat is not the main source of the problem or the big issue here so let us take baby steps here with Pn. Yani as we do not want her to be overwhelmed (psychologiy psychlogy, kay because I do know that ultimately, she can be won over, but not now, kay?). Additionally, she, like the rest of us who heard the cruel news are already emotionally distraught enough.

The big number of cats and little kittens that were trapped and have been disposed of we do not know their fate and really fear for the very, very worst. It is very heart-wrenching indeed. When I went there yesterday and this morning, I only saw a couple cats and all the little ones (more than 10!) are missing. God, how will they survive ... and how they suffer? So much suffering for one so young and innocent! Bastards!

Yes, fellow cat lovers, we need to bash those bastards kaw-kaw ... the cats cannot fight back or lodge police reports or haul them to courts but we forumers can stand in front of their shops and lash out at them and expose and shame them kaw-kaw for the whole world to see! ... and run them out of business and out of town! Then petfinders can take over one of the shoplots and do petfinders business! Hmmmphhhh!!!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-18-2008, 12:26 PM
ashleywong ashleywong is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Taman Desa, KL
Posts: 711
Rep Power: 0
ashleywong is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Boycott Cruel Restoran Aleef Caterers at TD129, TTDI Market

hi paw prints

oh no, if that female cat is pn yani's own pet, then we don't spay it without her consent only to spread message that it's better to spay otherwise will contribnute to more stray kittens around.

however at this stage the TNR (trap neuter release) program is for the various stray adult cats around the area. the local shelters may not have adequate resources to keep these animals after neutering and to rehome them so best bet for now is to

1) TNR to control the stray adult population

2) get the kittens out of the street to prevent them from being street cats - this is where fosterer comes in and those who can't foster but would like to help can donate food and litter material - i guess at this stage it will be up to the financial ability of donors to provide which brand they see fit (my soapbox for proper nutrition will have to wait another day).

okay let's do it properly and in order of priority:

visit restoran aleef at first opportunity (meaning during weekend)

1) fosterers needed to take rescue and take home kittens (if any still around)

2) take video shots of anyone abusing the kittens (if possible) and to take note of the condition of the stray population - numbers of stray, estimate health condition i.e. whether got skin/fur disease, wounds, look and act sick, etc

arm with this information, we can then approach spca/paws/furry friends farms for help with TNR

i know that Furry Friends Farms haev TNR whereby they trap stray cats at restaurants neuter them and then release them back to that area (FFF doesn't have cattery to cater for stray cats at this moment). SPCA and PAWs may be able to do this - would DBKL do the same thing? perhaps spca can help us to get DBKL to help out also?

3) if puan yani is helping out with the stray cats, we look in on her and help her to help the cats


this is all i can think of at the moment

but i can't help but notice there's a lack of response here.....

what? ashley shouted too much in other posts/threads and all of you are still sulking???
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-18-2008, 12:43 PM
lynielime's Avatar
lynielime lynielime is offline
PetFinder Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bukit Prima Pelangi, KL
Posts: 672
Rep Power: 10
lynielime is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Boycott Cruel Restoran Aleef Caterers at TD129, TTDI Market

Hello everyone. Count me in for anything you guys have planned regarding this issue.
__________________
The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated ~ Mahatma Gandhi
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-18-2008, 01:11 PM
Pawprints Pawprints is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: PJ
Posts: 44
Rep Power: 0
Pawprints is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Boycott Cruel Restoran Aleef Caterers at TD129, TTDI Market

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleywong View Post
hi paw prints

oh no, if that female cat is pn yani's own pet, then we don't spay it without her consent only to spread message that it's better to spay otherwise will contribnute to more stray kittens around.
This one boley ... in the pocket oredi ... yes she understands. Will approach the matter when the ripe time comes ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleywong View Post
however at this stage the TNR (trap neuter release) program is for the various stray adult cats around the area. the local shelters may not have adequate resources to keep these animals after neutering and to rehome them so best bet for now is to

1) TNR to control the stray adult population

2) get the kittens out of the street to prevent them from being street cats - this is where fosterer comes in and those who can't foster but would like to help can donate food and litter material - i guess at this stage it will be up to the financial ability of donors to provide which brand they see fit (my soapbox for proper nutrition will have to wait another day).

okay let's do it properly and in order of priority:

visit restoran aleef at first opportunity (meaning during weekend)

1) fosterers needed to take rescue and take home kittens (if any still around)

2) take video shots of anyone abusing the kittens (if possible) and to take note of the condition of the stray population - numbers of stray, estimate health condition i.e. whether got skin/fur disease, wounds, look and act sick, etc

arm with this information, we can then approach spca/paws/furry friends farms for help with TNR

i know that Furry Friends Farms haev TNR whereby they trap stray cats at restaurants neuter them and then release them back to that area (FFF doesn't have cattery to cater for stray cats at this moment). SPCA and PAWs may be able to do this - would DBKL do the same thing? perhaps spca can help us to get DBKL to help out also?
Forget DBKL (bunch of Napoleons that are actually trying to close/get rid of Klinik Kembiri and begrudge the attention it is drawing towards their (DBKL) and their contractors' cruel and insensitive handling of the strays. Only the previous mayor Datuk Mohmad Shaid (the one who "turun padang" one, with ihis legs knee deep water time KL streets banjir ... and he was the last "outsider" appointed from the PTD service ... after him the mayors are DBKL's own staff) was sympathetic and officiated the opening of the clinic.

Forget SPCA and Furry Farm, they are already overwhelmed. Just donate your vocal chords and lidah tajam to humiliate those cruel and selfish shoplot owners and speak out for the cats' rights as God's creatures and use ugama to shame them. Muslims have the Prophet's exemplary practise towards to cats and Buddhists have what is written with finese in "Pawprints on my heart - A Buddhist perspective" as ammunition.

Lastly, a better cage for Pn Yani to hide cats in her shoplot as a secret sanctuary for her current cats as well as emergency or immediate place for any desperate situations where very young kittens or injured cats suddenly found or rescued (early morning, late evenings or public holidays when no one is around).

Yes, TNR for the market area is good. Set it up as the first cat friendly community in Malaysia and as an example. Yes, Petfinders can take over the lease of the shoplot to be vacated by Restoran Aleef Caterers when cat lovers are through with them kaw-kaw!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleywong View Post
3) if puan yani is helping out with the stray cats, we look in on her and help her to help the cats


this is all i can think of at the moment}
Right now, we are passing on RC Kitten for her mommy cat to provide her maximum nutrition because she is milk bottle to 6 ever hungry babies! The other strays are on IAMS kitten. Do not want to change food brand too much as cat digestive system is very sensitive, also since the only get proper food 1 or 2 times a day we try to give the best we can afford, also with the hope that if they look healthy and beautiful, people will be less inclined to give them a kick in the belly as they walk pass ... you know how ugly the 2-legged beings can be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleywong View Post
but i can't help but notice there's a lack of response here.....

what? ashley shouted too much in other posts/threads and all of you are still sulking???
Waaaa ... you shouted very loud, ah? Good, you got real talent for Restoran Aleef and company (got a few more shoplots for your services and June's, will post their ugly details when they come through).
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-18-2008, 02:33 PM
ashleywong ashleywong is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Taman Desa, KL
Posts: 711
Rep Power: 0
ashleywong is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Boycott Cruel Restoran Aleef Caterers at TD129, TTDI Market

okay, i'll be sure to stock up some RC Kitten food for pn yani's kittens. i'm plan to go to FFF this sunday to hand over some dog food i'll enquire about the TNR program then.

pawprints, do i get to meet up with you so you can take me there? i'll pm you my contact email then.

cages, i can sponsor one for pn yani no problem.

is she running a shop also? if she's running a shop and choose to keep her "pet" in her shop, no one can scold her as long as she's not an eatery

i'm actually a mouse of a person, i'm only "loud" in my writing other than that, nothing much :-P
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-18-2008, 02:52 PM
Pawprints Pawprints is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: PJ
Posts: 44
Rep Power: 0
Pawprints is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Boycott Cruel Restoran Aleef Caterers at TD129, TTDI Market

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleywong View Post
okay, i'll be sure to stock up some RC Kitten food for pn yani's kittens. i'm plan to go to FFF this sunday to hand over some dog food i'll enquire about the TNR program then.

pawprints, do i get to meet up with you so you can take me there? i'll pm you my contact email then.

cages, i can sponsor one for pn yani no problem.

is she running a shop also? if she's running a shop and choose to keep her "pet" in her shop, no one can scold her as long as she's not an eatery

i'm actually a mouse of a person, i'm only "loud" in my writing other than that, nothing much :-P
Ash, unfortunately I am not available during weekends. But Pn Yani's tukang jahit shop is directly behind the eating shops row (her shop sits in the middle of her row). Restoran Aleef is the corner shop near the stairways which ends with a chinese chicken rice/noodles shop (another cat hater shop ... shouted at me when the woman saw me drop some kibbles for the cats!

The shoplots are quite small, so Pn Yani's space is quite crowded and limited, so if there is more than 1 cage (she definitely needs more than 1) it needs to be stacked up vertically to confine the movements of the cat and 2 batches of kittens. The mother needs to spend maximum time with her own litter becos they are newly born, but she tries to go over to the 3 orphans every time they squeal, so we advised Yani to keep the mother with her own litter so that they can suckle as frequently as possible and only be with the orphans at fixed time. We do not want her to abandon her own very young litter (which we observed she had the tendency to earlier). I hope the orphans can soon be started on soaked mashed RC Babycat soon and will be less dependent on the mother cat.

When found earlier, they did not know how to lick the mashed food from a kicap saucer and none of us had the time to milk the orphans every 2 hours as we had to work. So it was indeed a miracle to find Yani and her mother cat but at the same time, we were alarmed to see her keep responding to the demanding orphans' cries, ignoring her own litter so we quickly scouted around and only managed to find a very small cramped cage. I wish we found a 1-tier cage for the mother cat to rest at the top level if she so desires.

Ash, for me it is more convenient to drop by weekdays. Restoran Aleef opens from 11am till 3pm now that it is puasa month.

I hope that with our confrontation with them and the other shoplots, they will at least think twice before doing cruel things to the cats and at least know that the innocent cats have angels looking after them!

This morning I saw the cruel looking trap they used made of chicken coop wire but unfortunately I did not have my camera with me. I am still trying to get the truth of what they did with the cats and kittens and where they dumped those poor defenseless creatures.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 09-18-2008, 07:17 PM
blackie007's Avatar
blackie007 blackie007 is offline
Petfinder Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: KL
Posts: 3,419
Rep Power: 13
blackie007 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Boycott Cruel Restoran Aleef Caterers at TD129, TTDI Market

June, I can lend my support with my presence, but I don't know how to kiwi people kaw2. Not used to scolding people, but am willing to be counted in to lend moral support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
I'm with you Ashley,Why don't we group together and go to this restaurant and give them some lesson?? I know I have a very sharp tongue. I know how to kiwi this kind of people but I cannot do it alone. Anyone??
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-18-2008, 09:20 PM
June June is offline
Animal Lover
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Tmn Shamelin Perkasa-Kota Kinabalu
Posts: 6,004
Rep Power: 0
June is on a distinguished road
Default Boycott Cruel Restoran Aleef Caterers at TD129, TTDI Market

I have camera.Pawprint,can you list down things that Pn Yani need for her cats/kitten?? I can drop by at her place this sunday morning.at the same time I can go and snooping around the restaurant.whoever shouted at me because i feed the cats,i can shout 20 times louder than him/ner.how's that??

Blackie,you presence is enough,i will kiwi them. Who else wants to join me this sunday??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawprints View Post
Ash, unfortunately I am not available during weekends. But Pn Yani's tukang jahit shop is directly behind the eating shops row (her shop sits in the middle of her row). Restoran Aleef is the corner shop near the stairways which ends with a chinese chicken rice/noodles shop (another cat hater shop ... shouted at me when the woman saw me drop some kibbles for the cats!

The shoplots are quite small, so Pn Yani's space is quite crowded and limited, so if there is more than 1 cage (she definitely needs more than 1) it needs to be stacked up vertically to confine the movements of the cat and 2 batches of kittens. The mother needs to spend maximum time with her own litter becos they are newly born, but she tries to go over to the 3 orphans every time they squeal, so we advised Yani to keep the mother with her own litter so that they can suckle as frequently as possible and only be with the orphans at fixed time. We do not want her to abandon her own very young litter (which we observed she had the tendency to earlier). I hope the orphans can soon be started on soaked mashed RC Babycat soon and will be less dependent on the mother cat.

When found earlier, they did not know how to lick the mashed food from a kicap saucer and none of us had the time to milk the orphans every 2 hours as we had to work. So it was indeed a miracle to find Yani and her mother cat but at the same time, we were alarmed to see her keep responding to the demanding orphans' cries, ignoring her own litter so we quickly scouted around and only managed to find a very small cramped cage. I wish we found a 1-tier cage for the mother cat to rest at the top level if she so desires.

Ash, for me it is more convenient to drop by weekdays. Restoran Aleef opens from 11am till 3pm now that it is puasa month.

I hope that with our confrontation with them and the other shoplots, they will at least think twice before doing cruel things to the cats and at least know that the innocent cats have angels looking after them!

This morning I saw the cruel looking trap they used made of chicken coop wire but unfortunately I did not have my camera with me. I am still trying to get the truth of what they did with the cats and kittens and where they dumped those poor defenseless creatures.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-18-2008, 09:51 PM
blackie007's Avatar
blackie007 blackie007 is offline
Petfinder Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: KL
Posts: 3,419
Rep Power: 13
blackie007 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Boycott Cruel Restoran Aleef Caterers at TD129, TTDI Market

alamak! does it have to be sunday morning, june? can it be sat afternoon?(going to genting on sat around 4pm, & staying a nite there)

class this sat ends at 12:30pm, so I should be able to reach TTDI by 1:30pm, traffic jam considered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
I have camera.Pawprint,can you list down things that Pn Yani need for her cats/kitten?? I can drop by at her place this sunday morning.at the same time I can go and snooping around the restaurant.whoever shouted at me because i feed the cats,i can shout 20 times louder than him/ner.how's that??

Blackie,you presence is enough,i will kiwi them. Who else wants to join me this sunday??
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-19-2008, 09:38 AM
ashleywong ashleywong is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Taman Desa, KL
Posts: 711
Rep Power: 0
ashleywong is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Boycott Cruel Restoran Aleef Caterers at TD129, TTDI Market

i can come by sunday morning before i meet up with sabrina yeap to go to FFF :-)

but seriously are we going to shout at them? can we get some spca people to come with us too?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-19-2008, 10:20 AM
Pawprints Pawprints is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: PJ
Posts: 44
Rep Power: 0
Pawprints is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Boycott Cruel Restoran Aleef Caterers at TD129, TTDI Market

June, Yani is a very soft spoken tiny lady who doesn't talk much and much is in tiny whispers with her timid eyes constantly observing who might be watching or marking her. Much of my assessment is through my sharp observation of her body language and the cramped condition of her shop. She is even conscious of her customers' presence because the other day, she signalled discreetly to me that the customer in her shop at the time didn't like cats and screeched, "Eeeeeeeehhh!!! Ada kucing!!!!" and she quickly downplayed things with the customer, distracted her and attended to her, then put a thin cloth around the cage located at a more private section of her very small shop.

She is someone who does not ask for things but we observe and play by ear and offer her essential things which she didn't even think about. The other day she had run out of RC Babycat and Kitten kibbles which we gave and advised her to free-feed the Mommy cat as much as she could eat but she didn't even tell us and had gone back to nasi. Luckily, we checked ourselves. She is a very simple and unassertive young lady but has a very big heart! In fact once when we suggested spaying her mom cat later, she disagreed and wanted to keep the mom cat so that she could continue to milk any desperately needing very young kittens dumped by people so that they could have a chance of survival (who has the time to bottle feed such young kittens round the clock every 2 hours! - so in her simple point of view, she also has a strong point).

So we decided to change strategy about the mom cat's food - instead of simply asking, "Yani, makanan ibu kucing ada lagi tak? Cukup tak?" Now we estimate ourselves the voracious appetite of the mom cat (we have seen with our eyes!) with 6 equally voracious and ever hungry little kittens and prepared the kibbles in ready air-tight biscuit containers and put them in her shop without having to ask her.

2 units of 1-tier cages stacked up would be ideal to save very precious floor space and to separate and contain the 2 batches of kittens (the 3 orphans and her own 3 tiny newborn) to prevent them crawling around and ending up stepped on and squashed. The mother must be confined with her own litter and only put together with the orphans and selected times to milk them until they are weaned.

Yani uses the small cat area to rest and eat as well so we really have to think about efficient and optimal use of the tiny space, not to mention hygiene.

Ashley, it is alright to tick the Mamak off loudly in fact it is good and legal. Bukan nak tumbuk muka dia, we just want to create a good commotion so that not only him but the other unkind people will be detered from abusing the cats and be more sympathetic to the plight of the innocent animals who were actually dumped there by cruel and irresponsible humans. Kalau dia tak suka banyak kucing, tell him like what we shouted at him that he and the others should do something effective and positive, bukan tangkap buang kat some anonymous kampung, simply transfering the problem somewhere else and in the process the little kitties, especially the very small ones starve to death or kena makan anjing mati kena hujan in an unfamiliar environment with the mothers themselves running off entah ke mana in fright themselves.

We must make a big commotion otherwise the existing people in the market who have been trying to help the kitties will be pressured to stop and what will happen to the future kittens found dumped there?

Tell them that if they really hate cats and cannot stand the increasing numbers that they should contribute to neutering them and pasang mata to catch and belasah the bastards that dump the cats in the first place! But not to take it out on the innocent cats. And work towards solving problems effectively and positively instead of dumping it to someone else (kampung/warong/pasar lain).

Isn't that so? And why should be the kind and compassionate people really trying to help the cats (example protecting and feeding them so that they will not go hungry begging and kacau the kedai makan) creep secretly and quietly around to help the cats as if they are doing something criminal like thieves takut orang nampak and marah maki hamun? Where is the logic? We need to stand up for these people who are doing the right and humane thing and for the rights of the animals to their very basic necessities that is food and right to live. The animals ask for very little!

Last edited by Pawprints; 09-19-2008 at 10:26 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 09-19-2008, 12:02 PM
lynielime's Avatar
lynielime lynielime is offline
PetFinder Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bukit Prima Pelangi, KL
Posts: 672
Rep Power: 10
lynielime is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Boycott Cruel Restoran Aleef Caterers at TD129, TTDI Market

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleywong View Post
i can come by sunday morning before i meet up with sabrina yeap to go to FFF :-)

but seriously are we going to shout at them? can we get some spca people to come with us too?
Have to report to their animal investigator. Ms Cunera. She's awesome. She's come to my neighborhood twice to visit people in my neighborhood that i had complained about. a lot of them. i think 5 or 6 households. she visited them all.
__________________
The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated ~ Mahatma Gandhi
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 09-19-2008, 12:15 PM
Pawprints Pawprints is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: PJ
Posts: 44
Rep Power: 0
Pawprints is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Boycott Cruel Restoran Aleef Caterers at TD129, TTDI Market

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynielime View Post
Have to report to their animal investigator. Ms Cunera. She's awesome. She's come to my neighborhood twice to visit people in my neighborhood that i had complained about. a lot of them. i think 5 or 6 households. she visited them all.
How nice! SPCA can go a long way to educate and create awareness towards the setting up of an animal compassionate society. At least even if they do not even lift a finger to hulur one little kibble to a hungry stray, they will be aware of the shamefulness of an ungenerous and unkind heart and refrain from throwing dirt at the compassionate people who actually get down and do something out of their own pockets and time! Yes, Ashley, I think the SPCA can go around the market area and do that. It is important because we cannot rehome all strays even wealth-rich nations like America cannot do that and have to resort to TNR where the animals are not rehomed but returned to where they were found ie. on the streets but educated the community to be animal compassionate and create an animal friendly community.

There are several strays in the area which regulars have neutered and are feeding they have settled in well, found safe hiding and sleeping places and provided much happiness and joy to the people working around there in the form of pet therapy. These animals are NOT and MUST NOT to be removed from the area! They have become the pets of animal lovers there and because the people have bonded with them, it will cause much heartbreak and sorrow.

It is the future dumped animals that need to be addressed and the market people must be sympathetic and help out until they can be rehomed. They must also learn to contribute towards TNR in terms of $$, time and floor space.

But most important, to help catch and NEUTER THOSE EVILS that dump the innocent animals, many too young to fend for themselves and many sick and injured.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 09-19-2008, 02:36 PM
lynielime's Avatar
lynielime lynielime is offline
PetFinder Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bukit Prima Pelangi, KL
Posts: 672
Rep Power: 10
lynielime is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Boycott Cruel Restoran Aleef Caterers at TD129, TTDI Market

hi again everyone,
a friend of mine has left SPCA and is now working at klinik kembiri. she says they do TNR.. but its like this, WE trap, THEY neuter and release. any interest? i'll call her after work for more details.
__________________
The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated ~ Mahatma Gandhi
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 09-19-2008, 02:57 PM
Pawprints Pawprints is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: PJ
Posts: 44
Rep Power: 0
Pawprints is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Boycott Cruel Restoran Aleef Caterers at TD129, TTDI Market

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynielime View Post
hi again everyone,
a friend of mine has left SPCA and is now working at klinik kembiri. she says they do TNR.. but its like this, WE trap, THEY neuter and release. any interest? i'll call her after work for more details.
Yes, TNR is definitely a great idea and as I mentioned, some of us are already doing this and releasing the animals back into the familiar area they are from instead of rehoming (which is already extremely full and also there are many fickle and irresponsible adopters who dump the animals later when they fall out of love with them).

However, SPCA must not forget to do the marketing and spreading the word to educate people far and wide not to trap these animals and destroy them, causing the streets to once again be populated with unneutered strays as fast as lightning!

Like in the TNR programs done overseas, these animals are protected and fed at feeding stations set up at specific places. The local authorities must cooperate on this as they are the biggest culprits in rounding up strays and destroying them and we will just be back to square one, with pockets all the lighter for nothing.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 09-19-2008, 03:24 PM
lynielime's Avatar
lynielime lynielime is offline
PetFinder Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bukit Prima Pelangi, KL
Posts: 672
Rep Power: 10
lynielime is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Boycott Cruel Restoran Aleef Caterers at TD129, TTDI Market

SPCA does try to educate the public. That's why they have outreach and the weekly newsletters and all those educational talks in schools. Sadly their PR and Marketing team is very small and our fabulous government is not remotely interested in animal welfare. In more developed countries, for example, the US and even Singapore, there is a lot of funding for all these initiatives with local councils and governments backing the NGOs.
__________________
The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated ~ Mahatma Gandhi
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cruel soldier throws puppy off cliff! AndyKoh Coffee Room 17 07-20-2008 01:20 PM


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 11:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 

Main Site
Home
Sign Up
Find A Pet
About PetFinder.my
Terms & Conditions
Link To Us
Contact Us
Facilities
Discussion Forum
Medical Fund
Central News Portal
Visual Map
Knowledge Library
Microchip Directory
FurryCards
Directory
Mobile
iPhone & iPod App
Android App
BlackBerry App
Mobile Website

Social Media
Facebook
Twitter
Others
Advertising
Events
Ambassador
Members
Discussions
Blacklists & Scams



Copyright © PetFinder.my, 2008 - 2018. All rights reserved.