Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Reviews, Notices & Stories > Hall of Shame

Hall of Shame There are lots of cruel and inconsiderate people out there. Expose their cruel deeds to the world and let them be shamed!

Old 08-03-2012, 02:11 PM
PetFinder Guru

melmel is on a distinguished road
Default Dog Thrown Alived into Manhole, Cyberjaya

Somali who ‘helped’ to care for pet throws it into manhole

PETALING JAYA: The deliberate killing of a pet dog by two men who were caught on video throwing it into a manhole has raised the hackles of animal lovers.

Worse, the persons who killed the dog had earlier volunteered to care for the pet, claims the owner, a Jordanian student.

“I went back to Jordan on June 24. My housemate's friend, a Somali student, offered to care for my dog Kanilla for a month,” said the 19-year-old, adding that the female dog was a cross between a Pitt Bull and a Dalmatian.

On July 19, the owner was shocked when he received a message from the Somali student claiming that Kanilla had run away.

Further distress awaited the owner when he came back to Malaysia on July 26.
“My housemate showed me a video of the Somali student and another person throwing Kanilla into a manhole in Cyberjaya,'' he said.

He said he was broken-hearted over the cruelty inflicted upon Kanilla.

Cruelty comes in many forms but this is particularly very shocking. I urge the authorities to take the necessary action and to make a stand that animal abuse would not be tolerated in Malaysia. — CHRISTINE CHIN

The owner claimed that the perpetrators had used his housemate's laptop to transfer some files, including the offending video, and had forgotten to erase them after that.

He has lodged a police report at the Cyberjaya police station on July 31 with help from the Selangor Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (SPCA).

“Cruelty comes in many forms but this is particularly very shocking,'' said SPCA chairman Christine Chin.

“I urge the authorities to take the necessary action and to make a stand that animal abuse would not be tolerated in Malaysia.”

Stills of the video were also forwarded to canine welfare project Malaysian Dogs Deserve Better (MDDB) which posted the pictures on its Facebook page.

The posting garnered countless comments from enraged people from Malaysia as well as overseas,

Among those who commented was renowned bassist Andy Peterson who said: “Get the one who took the picture too.”

A Malaysian living in Canada, Juliana Vincent-Phillips, said the perpetrators should be deported, adding that “no one will miss these scums”.

MDDB rescue coordinator Irene Low said more police reports were being lodged to lend support to the SPCA's initial report.

She urged the public to obtain the sample report from the MDDB Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/MalaysianDogsDeserveBetter
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cruelty 1.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	23.7 KB
ID:	11575   Click image for larger version

Name:	cruelty 3.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	11576   Click image for larger version

Name:	cruelty 4.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	200.2 KB
ID:	11577  

Last edited by melmel; 08-03-2012 at 02:22 PM.
Old 08-08-2012, 03:06 PM
PetFinder Guru

melmel is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Dog Thrown Alived into Manhole, Cyberjaya

07 August 2012

Protest at varsity over dog abuse

ABOUT 20 people from the Animal Action Group gathered at Multimedia University (MMU) campus in Cyberjaya yesterday to condemn two foreign students who allegedly threw a dog into a manhole recently.

PUTRAJAYA: The group, headed by its adviser, Sharul Nizam Rahim, also handed over a memorandum to the university's head of corporate communications, Abdul Lazi Nordin.

Based on messages, telephone calls and feedback from several overseas quarters, Sharul said the incident had given Malaysia a bad name.

He said Malaysia was also named as an animal abuser country.

"We want MMU and the police to conduct a thorough investigation into this matter and take appropriate action against the students.

"I know our group is very small, but we are here to seek justice for animals. They are also living creatures.

"Most of us here are also Muslims, and our religion does not teach us to abuse animals, including dogs," Sharul said.

Pictures and videos of two African students throwing a dog into a manhole in Cyberjaya went viral on Facebook last week.

It was alleged that the two, entrusted by another African friend to care for the dog during his absence, threw the mutt into the manhole.

Their action drew ire from Facebook users, with many calling for the police to take immediate action against them.

MMU said they strongly condemned the act, which showed a disturbing lack of empathy and compassion on the part of the perpetrators.

Abdul Lazi said the university viewed the act as heinous and despicable.

"Should the university receives confirmation that our students were indeed involved, we will not hesitate to take action.

"Based on MMU's records, we do have a student whose name matches the one stated in the police reports.

"However, we are unable to confirm that this person in our database is indeed the perpetrator of the heinous act. As such, the university will leave it to the police to investigate," Abdul Lazi added.
He said MMU would cooperate with police.

"Based on police's findings, MMU will implement any action deemed necessary by the university's disciplinary board.

"We will not hesitate to mete out harsh punishment if the student is found guilty."