Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > The Animal Corner > Reptiles

Reptiles Set your eyes upon the scaly, cold-blooded kingdom

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 10-14-2010, 07:04 PM
sphinxlover sphinxlover is offline
PetFinder Buddy
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 69
Rep Power: 10
sphinxlover is on a distinguished road
Default turtle platform

Anyone know where I can get one of the floating turtle docks? The pet stores where i live doesn't supply them. I live in perak area, or do you have one that you don't want anymore?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-14-2010, 10:08 PM
Felix The Cat's Avatar
Felix The Cat Felix The Cat is offline
PetFinder Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,339
Rep Power: 15
Felix The Cat is on a distinguished road
Default Re: turtle platform

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphinxlover View Post
Anyone know where I can get one of the floating turtle docks? The pet stores where i live doesn't supply them. I live in perak area, or do you have one that you don't want anymore?
Hi Spinxlover,

I know you are far away in Perak....
But I know a pet shop situated in Tesco Cheras which is near my house that sells them.
It has sizes though.
Its coloured and made to look like a floating rock.
Not sure about the price but I can ask for you.
And if you want I can help you to post it.

Just an idea, why don't you DIY one yourself?
Just cut out a square on a styarafoam and put it in your aquarium and taddaaaaa you have a floating platform for your turtle he..he...
Just a suggestion.
__________________

Felix The Cat - Dee wonderful wonderful cat!
http://felixthecats.weebly.com
http://livinginmyworld-phyllis.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-15-2010, 03:34 PM
sphinxlover sphinxlover is offline
PetFinder Buddy
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 69
Rep Power: 10
sphinxlover is on a distinguished road
Default Re: turtle platform

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix The Cat View Post
Hi Spinxlover,

I know you are far away in Perak....
But I know a pet shop situated in Tesco Cheras which is near my house that sells them.
It has sizes though.
Its coloured and made to look like a floating rock.
Not sure about the price but I can ask for you.
And if you want I can help you to post it.

Just an idea, why don't you DIY one yourself?
Just cut out a square on a styarafoam and put it in your aquarium and taddaaaaa you have a floating platform for your turtle he..he...
Just a suggestion.
Ooooh I like the DIY idea never thought of it, i heard about using corkbark, but that stains the water. And highly appreciate it if you can look up the price:) before i start looking online for the turtle basking dock. Thanks you Felix the Cat
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-15-2010, 11:40 PM
adrianng87's Avatar
adrianng87 adrianng87 is offline
PetFinder Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Posts: 188
Rep Power: 10
adrianng87 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: turtle platform

hi sphinxlover,
this might help you http://www.cichlid-forum.com/article...background.php

without any disrespect, from my opinion, i would not use styrofoam products to build any platforms whether its turtle, fish or any water creatures as it may contain nasty chemicals like formaldehyde for instance. its a lil' ingredient people use in medicine to treat sickness, but in a very small amount, too much of formaldehyde will cause health problems. to highlight it, this is something like humans can eat chocolate, but it is life-threatening for cats and dogs. there are a lot of people out there using styrofoams to build background for fish tanks too, but i wouldn't dare to use as it may affect the pH value in the water quality.

i found these infos from the internet, you might wanna check if this may be harmful to your turtle too. my two cents.
__________________
"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach him how to fish and you feed him for a lifetime." - Lao Tzu
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-15-2010, 11:49 PM
sphinxlover sphinxlover is offline
PetFinder Buddy
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 69
Rep Power: 10
sphinxlover is on a distinguished road
Default Re: turtle platform

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianng87 View Post
hi sphinxlover,
this might help you http://www.cichlid-forum.com/article...background.php

without any disrespect, from my opinion, i would not use styrofoam products to build any platforms whether its turtle, fish or any water creatures as it may contain nasty chemicals like formaldehyde for instance. its a lil' ingredient people use in medicine to treat sickness, but in a very small amount, too much of formaldehyde will cause health problems. to highlight it, this is something like humans can eat chocolate, but it is life-threatening for cats and dogs. there are a lot of people out there using styrofoams to build background for fish tanks too, but i wouldn't dare to use as it may affect the pH value in the water quality.

i found these infos from the internet, you might wanna check if this may be harmful to your turtle too. my two cents.
no no adrian no disrespect at all, Thank you for telling me i didn't know that. You probably saved the turtles(if i decide to get one soon). Thanks for the site. Turtles are a new pets to me, i had one before but didn't really take good care of them. So this time I want to do it right. Thanks joo!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-16-2010, 12:19 AM
adrianng87's Avatar
adrianng87 adrianng87 is offline
PetFinder Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Posts: 188
Rep Power: 10
adrianng87 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: turtle platform

you're welcome.

anyways, taking care of turtle is very simple if you understand it's habitat and behaviour well. i had quite a few turtles back when i was still a kid-o, but ended up gave it all to my cousins, and now they are living in my cousin's tiny cement pond at the garden, their size now is as big as my tummy!

i used to put little river rocks to let them climb or should i say sun-bath. haha.
__________________
"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach him how to fish and you feed him for a lifetime." - Lao Tzu
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-16-2010, 02:03 PM
Felix The Cat's Avatar
Felix The Cat Felix The Cat is offline
PetFinder Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,339
Rep Power: 15
Felix The Cat is on a distinguished road
Default Re: turtle platform

Here is the floating rock that Miracle Petshop is selling.
Cost RM15.90

__________________

Felix The Cat - Dee wonderful wonderful cat!
http://felixthecats.weebly.com
http://livinginmyworld-phyllis.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to take care of a pet turtle / pet tortoise? kairul Reptiles 48 08-10-2011 12:13 PM
Lucky the injured turtle gets coasters for feet vivienlpl Reptiles 0 09-18-2009 02:43 PM


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 02:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 

Main Site
Home
Advertising
Sponsored Listings
Sign Up
Find A Pet
Share & Save Lives
About PetFinder.my
Terms & Conditions
Freebies / Starter Pack
Report Animal Abuse
Contact Us
Facilities
WAGazine
Discussion Forum
Medical Fund
Pet Food, Toys & Products
Cuteness Meter
Central News Portal
Visual Map
Knowledge Library
Microchip Directory
FurryCards
Mobile
iPhone & iPod App
Android App

Social Media
Facebook
Twitter
KindMeal
Meat-Free Dining
Meal Deals
Kind Moments
Delicious Menu

Others
World Animal Day Contest
Digi iPhone Contest
East Coast Flood Relief
It's Pawssible
Freebies
Online Store
Discussions
Blacklists & Scams



Copyright © PetFinder.my. All rights reserved.