Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > PetFinder Lounge > Coffee Room

Coffee Room Gossip on the latest topics or just mingle around and enjoy the atmosphere!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 08-15-2010, 03:34 PM
newbie newbie is offline
Animal Lover
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 12
Rep Power: 0
newbie is on a distinguished road
Default Is it Ok if I buy TICA Cert for my Cat

Hi,

I'm still new with pedigree cats.

Just want some info from all the otai's here. Is it right if I buy TICA cert for my cat.

I have a cat which is persian lookalike, but it's not a pedigree, because last time I bought it without cert.

But last week I went to this pet shop (but its has pet clinic) the owner look at my cat and said that my cat look very like persian. Then he ask me is it pedigree. I answered "nope". After that he said if I want to make my cat into pedigree persian, he said he can make the cert for my cat. So I shock, I thought that pedigree come with cert since its birth. is it?

Then I ask the owner who also the vet, he said that I can make a cert for your cat, you just need to pay RM1.5k only. I just silent.

My question is, by buying the cert is my cat become pedigree? And is the price to buy a cert that expensive? Is TICA allowed the breeder sale a cert like this? I still don't want to buy the cert as I know that my cat is not pedigree.

Sorry just want your opinion, should I or should not? Really need opinion because most of every people who come to his shop he will offer this, when he look at the cat almost look like pedigree.

Last edited by newbie; 08-15-2010 at 04:27 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-15-2010, 05:14 PM
nurkasih's Avatar
nurkasih nurkasih is offline
~feline attaché
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Georgetown, Penang Island~
Posts: 1,612
Rep Power: 12
nurkasih is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Is it Ok if I buy TICA Cert for my Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbie View Post
Hi,

I'm still new with pedigree cats.

Just want some info from all the otai's here. Is it right if I buy TICA cert for my cat.

I have a cat which is persian lookalike, but it's not a pedigree, because last time I bought it without cert.

But last week I went to this pet shop (but its has pet clinic) the owner look at my cat and said that my cat look very like persian. Then he ask me is it pedigree. I answered "nope". After that he said if I want to make my cat into pedigree persian, he said he can make the cert for my cat. So I shock, I thought that pedigree come with cert since its birth. is it?

Then I ask the owner who also the vet, he said that I can make a cert for your cat, you just need to pay RM1.5k only. I just silent.

My question is, by buying the cert is my cat become pedigree? And is the price to buy a cert that expensive? Is TICA allowed the breeder sale a cert like this? I still don't want to buy the cert as I know that my cat is not pedigree.

Sorry just want your opinion, should I or should not? Really need opinion because most of every people who come to his shop he will offer this, when he look at the cat almost look like pedigree.
Hye

Rm1.5k? For a fake cert? Better you take the money and get yourself a pedigreed cert cat.its of the same price tho

Lastly,with that amount of money,buy a pedigreed that comes with a cert as free gift.
__________________
Curiosity killed the cat, but where human beings are concerned, the only thing a healthy curiosity can kill is ignorance.~Harry Lorayne
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-15-2010, 05:19 PM
newbie newbie is offline
Animal Lover
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 12
Rep Power: 0
newbie is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Is it Ok if I buy TICA Cert for my Cat

Hi,

Nurkasih, thank for the info. But is TICA allowed this be done? Because this guy who offered me the cert is big breeder. Because he also has run a cat show. What he mention to my friend and me.

He said if I get a cert I can enter his show, so that I can enter my cat under pedigree category. If its wrong how can this guy do this and faking the cert.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-15-2010, 06:57 PM
Felix The Cat's Avatar
Felix The Cat Felix The Cat is offline
PetFinder Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,339
Rep Power: 15
Felix The Cat is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Is it Ok if I buy TICA Cert for my Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbie View Post
Hi,

Nurkasih, thank for the info. But is TICA allowed this be done? Because this guy who offered me the cert is big breeder. Because he also has run a cat show. What he mention to my friend and me.

He said if I get a cert I can enter his show, so that I can enter my cat under pedigree category. If its wrong how can this guy do this and faking the cert.
We know who you are talking about.
Better stay away from him.
Do you know that it only costs you USD13 to register a litter of kitten?
Try converting USD13 into RM.
I don't think it accumulates to RM1.5K
Gosh.... he is trying to cheat you!
Pedigree cats comes from pedigree parents meaning to say that the parents of the kittens come from a registered cattery with CFA, FIFE, TICA etc.
Its like a foreigner buying a FAKE IC.
__________________

Felix The Cat - Dee wonderful wonderful cat!
http://felixthecats.weebly.com
http://livinginmyworld-phyllis.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-15-2010, 07:58 PM
Maneki Neko's Avatar
Maneki Neko Maneki Neko is offline
Petfinder Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Posts: 842
Rep Power: 11
Maneki Neko is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Is it Ok if I buy TICA Cert for my Cat

Dear Newbie, let me ask you: Who is this certificate meant to impress? You know your cat is not pedigreed. Any cat show judge will know the same. I assume you love your cat. Will you love it any more with a fake certificate?

Are you seriously considering doing this, or just trying to expose this nonsense as fraud (which it is)?

If you are thinking about buying the certificate, consider how much cat food and vet care various rescuers could buy with that RM1,500... That sum could pay for spay/neuter, vaccination and various treatments for HUNDREDS of stray cats! Do you love cats, or love certificates?

As for exposing this as fraud, if I were an honest, ethical member of TICA, I would investigate this claim aggressively. If this is true -- that certificates are for sale -- TICA certs will be worthless.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-15-2010, 08:15 PM
newbie newbie is offline
Animal Lover
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 12
Rep Power: 0
newbie is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Is it Ok if I buy TICA Cert for my Cat

Thank Felix the Cat and Maneki Neko.

So I should stay away from this guy.

I not TICA member, how can I report this fraud of cert. I still new in this, that why I asking in this forum.

Can't TICA detect that the cert is fake? What I'm shock is, how come this guy do this, from what I know he also been in TV3 before and some newspaper. Don't he scared that if all this been expose?

Sorry, just been a bit emotional, when I notice that this guy want to cheat me.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-15-2010, 09:12 PM
Coony's Avatar
Coony Coony is offline
Gentle Giant
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Among the pride Gentle Giant of KL, Malaysia
Posts: 809
Rep Power: 11
Coony is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Is it Ok if I buy TICA Cert for my Cat

Hi Newbie,

Below is the reply from an AB TICA judge on what you can do to lodge your complaint to TICA regarding this person dishonest practice. I know how unethical Ismail is but I didn't know he is that daring to make such offer to anyone just to make some fast buck.


Dear Jim,

I want to introduce myself to you – I am Tomoko’s husband and I also judged the show which has been organized by MCFA / Ismail Mohd Ali last weekend in Shah Alam.

As we have not been involved in this matter (i.e. Faking of pedigrees) we can only ask you to go the official way, which means that you can write an official complaint to TICA (including the affiliated fee or (I think) USD 25,- or USD 50,-) and give prove of the unethical behaviour of the person. If there is no official complaint than the TICA Board of Directors won’t do anything about it – this is the policy of our association. You will find all the information at the TICA-Homepage at http://www.tica.org

Concerning the problem with the non-pedigreed Persian I recommend that you neuter the cat. You can show him as Household Pet in TICA. I wouldn’t use the cat for stud-service as this only helps unethical or backyard-breeders continue their work.

You have my permission to send my letter to the petfinder-forum,

mit lieben Grüßen / with kind regards

Kurt Vlach

TICA-AB-Judge
__________________

Best Maine Coon Cattery in CFA ID Asia/LA since 2004
The only Maine Coon cattery with 3 DM, 3 Top Ten MCO National & produce the most GC/GP (30) & DW (12) in CFA ID Asia/LA
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-15-2010, 10:37 PM
pedigreelover pedigreelover is offline
Animal Lover
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 5
Rep Power: 0
pedigreelover is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Is it Ok if I buy TICA Cert for my Cat

Interesting...perhaps this is what I should have done earlier. I believe buying a pedigree from him at pedigree price but not provided certificate should also be regarded as a misconduct & can be investigated by TICA right?

Ok, Ismail & Balaci semua, we know you are reading this. I officially give you 2 weeks to provide me my certificate. Yes, Ismail botak, you KNOW who I am. If you claim you don't know me & play around asking me to declare who I am, it's only because you have too many people you have cheated & you have confused yourself. If you prefer to disregard this post, I will report to TICA. Clock is ticking.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-15-2010, 11:18 PM
dog is my buddy's Avatar
dog is my buddy dog is my buddy is offline
PetFinder Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Penang
Posts: 2,359
Rep Power: 14
dog is my buddy has disabled reputation
Default Re: Is it Ok if I buy TICA Cert for my Cat

Look like have concern with serious issue have be connected with someone? Bring the story to Hall of Shame
http://forums.petfinder.my/forumdisplay.php?f=32
__________________
Please review Petfinder Forum Rules , or if you are new, or have not yet read them, please get familiar with them. Thanks. Petfinder Forum rules

Sometimes,things in life are out of our control. We just need to accept the fact.
Rocky, Ricky and Rusty is my best friend.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-16-2010, 03:42 PM
Dreamhunter Dreamhunter is offline
Animal Lover
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Vienna
Posts: 15
Rep Power: 0
Dreamhunter is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Is it Ok if I buy TICA Cert for my Cat

[QUOTE=pedigreelover;87043]Interesting...perhaps this is what I should have done earlier. I believe buying a pedigree from him at pedigree price but not provided certificate should also be regarded as a misconduct & can be investigated by TICA right?
QUOTE]

Dear Pedigreelover,

I have to disappoint you. What you are writing is a so-called "Breeders-Dispute" and the TICA Board will not do anything against it. Do you have a written contract? This might be the only chance that something can be done.

This is one of the real important things - if you buy a purebred cat then everybody MUST ask for a written contract. The breeder must provide the pedigree of the cat (or at least a registration certificate from a recognized association as TICA or CFA). If you don't have this then I must tell you - as hard as it sounds, you didn't buy anything but a Household Pet!!! So you should neuter the cat in question (you can show it in TICA in the HHP class) and NEVER breed with this cat!!!

In my country pet shops are not allowed to sell kittens or puppies - this is strictly against the law!!! If you want to buy a purebred kitten then you should go to a breeder and give him the money only after all documents are handed out to you (like Vaccination Records, Health Certificate which is not older than 2 days, Pedigree/Registration Certificate). If someone cannot provide you with this then you better abstain from buying a cat!

Just my thoughts (although I am very aware of the fact that there are cultural differences between Malaysia and Austria).

Kind regards,

Kurt
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 08-16-2010, 04:43 PM
newbie newbie is offline
Animal Lover
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 12
Rep Power: 0
newbie is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Is it Ok if I buy TICA Cert for my Cat

So if I can get a prove that Ismail Mohd Ali is faking the cert I can report to TICA directly?

I will try to find prove so that this bad guy cannot cheat people anymore

Thank Mr Kurt for your suggestion.

Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-16-2010, 04:46 PM
Dreamhunter Dreamhunter is offline
Animal Lover
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Vienna
Posts: 15
Rep Power: 0
Dreamhunter is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Is it Ok if I buy TICA Cert for my Cat

Only if it is a faked TICA-certificate
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-16-2010, 04:52 PM
newbie newbie is offline
Animal Lover
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 12
Rep Power: 0
newbie is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Is it Ok if I buy TICA Cert for my Cat

What about if the TICA cert is from TICA, just that he make it for HHP cat and register the cat under his Pedigree TICA parent.

So now the HHP cat has become Pedigree TICA registered cat. This can't be trace right?

Sorry, still blurr. Really want to stop this guy from cheating people money. Because I saw his mating HHP with pedigree, yet the cat he still register as pedigree.

Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-16-2010, 05:06 PM
Dreamhunter Dreamhunter is offline
Animal Lover
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Vienna
Posts: 15
Rep Power: 0
Dreamhunter is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Is it Ok if I buy TICA Cert for my Cat

What about if the TICA cert is from TICA, just that he make it for HHP cat and register the cat under his Pedigree TICA parent.

So now the HHP cat has become Pedigree TICA registered cat. This can't be trace right?
----------
No, it can't - but then the color, Breed, sex must resemble the cat in question.
------------------------------
Sorry, still blurr. Really want to stop this guy from cheating people money. Because I saw his mating HHP with pedigree, yet the cat he still register as pedigree.
-----------------------------
If the cat in question is TICA-registered then the offspring will receive a TICA-registration, no question.

The problem I see in Malaysia is that there are too many people who buy cats in pet-shops. I think that the public should be made aware that you shouldn't buy cats and dogs in Pet-Shops but only from breeders...
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08-16-2010, 05:07 PM
blackie007's Avatar
blackie007 blackie007 is offline
Petfinder Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: KL
Posts: 3,418
Rep Power: 15
blackie007 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Is it Ok if I buy TICA Cert for my Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbie View Post
But last week I went to this pet shop (but its has pet clinic) the owner look at my cat and said that my cat look very like persian. Then he ask me is it pedigree. I answered "nope". After that he said if I want to make my cat into pedigree persian, he said he can make the cert for my cat. So I shock, I thought that pedigree come with cert since its birth. is it?

Then I ask the owner who also the vet, he said that I can make a cert for your cat, you just need to pay RM1.5k only. I just silent.
Newbie,

He is not a vet. You might want to read this thread. http://forums.petfinder.my/showthread.php?t=2380
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 08-16-2010, 05:20 PM
newbie newbie is offline
Animal Lover
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 12
Rep Power: 0
newbie is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Is it Ok if I buy TICA Cert for my Cat

Is it true his not a true vet?

Oh my. Because some of the customer at his shop call him "Doc" so I thought his a true vet.

Glad that I know it from this forum. Thank guys for all the info.

Mr Kurt,

yup true, because a lot of Malaysian people still new to pedigree cats, so thats why the only know to buy a cat from Pet Shop, and mostly looking for cheap looking pedigree cat.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 08-16-2010, 07:07 PM
Coony's Avatar
Coony Coony is offline
Gentle Giant
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Among the pride Gentle Giant of KL, Malaysia
Posts: 809
Rep Power: 11
Coony is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Is it Ok if I buy TICA Cert for my Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbie View Post
Is it true his not a true vet?

Oh my. Because some of the customer at his shop call him "Doc" so I thought his a true vet.

Glad that I know it from this forum. Thank guys for all the info.

Mr Kurt,

yup true, because a lot of Malaysian people still new to pedigree cats, so thats why the only know to buy a cat from Pet Shop, and mostly looking for cheap looking pedigree cat.
That is why we had strongly emphasize on no buying of pet from Pet Shop & to do your research on the breed & breeder reputation before you decide who to buy your cat from.

Many time ppl think they can get a best buy for a pedigree but in actual fact they are paying more then what they shud have for what they get. Don't fall for the crab of a non paper pedigree for a cheaper price, becoz as long as it is a non paper pedigree it is classified as HHP, that's what it is. Imagine if Ismail can sell you a pedigree cert for RM1.5K then how much do you think his pedigree cat will cost you.

I had rehome my retired pedigree for peanut or free to ppl who can guarantee them a very good life for the rest of their cat life. The different between me & theses BYB is I don't breed my cats for a living so you had to convince me to let you have my cat & not me convince you to buy my cat, it's not about your money. I have rehome my Grand & DW cat to worthy home for 1/3 or less to what some ppl had paid for their pet quality cat.
__________________

Best Maine Coon Cattery in CFA ID Asia/LA since 2004
The only Maine Coon cattery with 3 DM, 3 Top Ten MCO National & produce the most GC/GP (30) & DW (12) in CFA ID Asia/LA
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 08-16-2010, 07:17 PM
Dreamhunter Dreamhunter is offline
Animal Lover
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Vienna
Posts: 15
Rep Power: 0
Dreamhunter is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Is it Ok if I buy TICA Cert for my Cat

I agree with your post. As a breeder you can NEVER make money. It is a hobby and you pay money for your hobby. For me it was always more important to have a good home for my cats than to make a quick Dollar....
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 08-16-2010, 07:25 PM
Coony's Avatar
Coony Coony is offline
Gentle Giant
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Among the pride Gentle Giant of KL, Malaysia
Posts: 809
Rep Power: 11
Coony is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Is it Ok if I buy TICA Cert for my Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamhunter View Post
I agree with your post. As a breeder you can NEVER make money. It is a hobby and you pay money for your hobby. For me it was always more important to have a good home for my cats than to make a quick Dollar....
Yes! a good home. Ppl had ask me before how can they qualify to have my cat, I always tell them the first priority goes to the person who can provide better then me.
__________________

Best Maine Coon Cattery in CFA ID Asia/LA since 2004
The only Maine Coon cattery with 3 DM, 3 Top Ten MCO National & produce the most GC/GP (30) & DW (12) in CFA ID Asia/LA
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 08-17-2010, 03:23 AM
rado rado is offline
Animal Lover
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 31
Rep Power: 0
rado is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Is it Ok if I buy TICA Cert for my Cat

Ismail oh Ismail...
don't have a chance to meet him...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mcfa (tica) - cat show is confirm 8/8/10 Ferris Wheel Coffee Room 265 07-21-2011 02:15 PM
TICA or CFA or FiFe show - yes or no? starsport Cats & Kittens 4 01-02-2011 06:16 PM
macam mana nak dapat cert.2 untuk kucing? GarfieldNana Cats & Kittens 19 08-08-2010 01:55 AM
MKA Cert coming or not? tomaz Dogs & Puppies 1 10-28-2009 01:11 PM


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 08:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 

Main Site
Home
Advertising
Sponsored Listings
Sign Up
Find A Pet
Share & Save Lives
About PetFinder.my
Terms & Conditions
Freebies / Starter Pack
Report Animal Abuse
Contact Us
Facilities
WAGazine
Discussion Forum
Medical Fund
Pet Food, Toys & Products
Cuteness Meter
Central News Portal
Visual Map
Knowledge Library
Microchip Directory
FurryCards
Mobile
iPhone & iPod App
Android App

Social Media
Facebook
Twitter
KindMeal
Meat-Free Dining
Meal Deals
Kind Moments
Delicious Menu

Others
World Animal Day Contest
Digi iPhone Contest
East Coast Flood Relief
It's Pawssible
Freebies
Online Store
Discussions
Blacklists & Scams



Copyright © PetFinder.my. All rights reserved.