Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Reviews, Notices & Stories > Vets & Docs Reviews

Vets & Docs Reviews Discuss, recommend, and review the people providing health care for your pets, ie, the animal docs.

Old 04-21-2011, 11:48 AM
Love all pets

aku_ais is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to aku_ais
Default Re: Shame on Dr Gowri

Quote:
Originally Posted by eglonet View Post
hello ms bavani ..really i pity you...i saw article in news paper ...she scold you and your dog....i really i cant take it
i give yu few suggestions
find out ...she finish her diploma in upm or not
according my fren she kick out frm upm...tru or not?
she said she got veterinary degree frm bagor university indone
find out this uni or college approve by veter. council?
if not approved ..how she obtain her annual practice? true or dupl?
finally call and find out bagor uni/colle ge...she finish her degree or not
according my fren..
she cheated the final year result...alter the certificate..to get final year result...anything can do this bagor college...money?
bagor univer.prof.. looking for her ,....bcoz her false certificate...
push malaysia veterinary council...to investigate....eveything
i dun want more animal die...please
if she not qualified dr...you can bring he to court...sue her ...ask for compensation...
this story is so sad...in fact, i'm crying...
by the way, which paper does the Doctor blamed Miss Bavani? i would to buy and read the article..
Old 08-09-2011, 03:45 PM
Animal Lover

freewilly85 is on a distinguished road

I advise not to go to tun razak animal medical centre.

My husky, was limping one day when we got home back late 1 night. We brought her to Sectio 14, PJ vet the next day, but the vet couldn't be sure what's wrong with her (either a broken leg or dislocated joint) cause she didn't have the X-ray facility to tell.

We are working in normal working hours, & I have checked online that the X-rays provided in vets were until 6pm weekdays (UPM closes even earlier at 4pm), & at that time being for X-rays to be open on Saturdays was only tun razak animal medical centre.

I brought my dog there myself one Saturday & told the vet, Siva (I didn't want to call him Dr because after this incident I didn't respect him) my dog's condition. I showed him how my dog walked. He asked me what did I feed my dog. I said meat & dog food. Straight away he said its the diet's problem for the limping and demanded a blood test. I said no, I am definately sure it was not the diet's problem, because I am having all 7 dogs together, everyone was donig fine, everyone was eating the same thing, & I assured him my vet earlier asked me to go for an X-ray. He challenged my previous vet's professionalism by saying something similar to:"I wonder how she can be qualified for a vet" just because she advised me to take an X-ray (I can't remember what exact phase he used).

He said he had 25 years of experiences & that I should listen to him. He diagnosed my dog was having "hyperparathyroidism" which only could be shown in the blood test. Again I said I came for an X-ray ONLY, my dog was injured for quite some time, I didn't want to delay for the X-ray anymore, he said:" Since you have delayed, why not wait for another 1 week and take the blood test 1st before the X-ray?" Then, he showed me the estimated cost for the blood test + X-ray amounting to RM600+.

In the end, I gave in to take the blood test because he said he had 25 years of experience, & charged me for almost RM300. He promised me to call me in the evening to let me know the results. But I waited for 2 days.

In these 2 days, I googled from the internet for his diagnosis. Hyperparathyroidism CAN BE DETECTED THROUGH X-RAY! Not as claimed by mr 25 years experienced vet that it could only be shown through blood test.

After 2 days, I went to collect the results myself because mr 25 years experienced vet didn't call me. He wasn't there. Another staff gave me the result & that's it. I have to ask:"Won't you explain to me what's wrong with my dog?" Then only the staff said:"Oh, your dog is fine. Nothings wrong, everything is normal" No wonder the mr vet didn't call me after the results came out?

I felt so angry & felt cheated for the blood test. The staff tried to explain like the blood test was necessary before an X-ray because they have to do the anaesthetic, & said my dog must be boarded there for the X-ray to be done & chargind me RM600+ for everything including the blood test, cause the staff said they have cases where dogs died after the anaesthetic in their care. WOW!! still expecting me to visit them for the X-ray??

My dog's weight had been declining drastically after the limping. She was eating & shitting normally but just got thinner & thinner everyday. I went to another vet for the X-ray to be done, in Yeoh Veterinary Clinic in SS24, PJ. I asked about the risk & things for the anaesthetics, must my dog be boarded or would my dog be never waken up after the anasthetics. The vet there said no. He said no, asked me not to worry because he would put on the dosage based on my dog's body weight. the X-ray was just 15 minutes, no boarding required (not as claimed by animal medical centre). The X-ray came out, my dog was having a dislocated joint, the vet said it was nearly impossible to relocate the joint as it had been dislocated for quite some time.

Thanks to mr 25 years experienced vet because for waiting another week or 2 won't harm my dog. my dog is 2 years old now, would be limping for the rest of her life, & being so hard to put on weight.
Old 08-17-2011, 05:27 PM
Animal Lover

Furrenz.com is on a distinguished road

AMC does have very bad reputation esp that vet that you mentioned. You have taken your dog to the right place that is Dr Yeoh's clinic. Did the old Dr Yeoh looked into the case? If he didn't do make an appointment to see him and consult as soon as possible. If he too says it can't be helped then it really can't be helped as he is one of the best orthopaedics surgeon you can find in this country. All I can say is he did many miracles for various but it all depends on the dog's condition, owner's decision and also his capability on the issue and of course do remember there is risk involved in every surgery. Hope your dog gets well soon.
Old 08-18-2011, 12:01 PM
Animal Lover

freewilly85 is on a distinguished road

yes, too bad I was too late to find out (after bringing my dog there).

Hope that everyone out there now know the true color of this hospital & the person
Old 09-27-2011, 11:14 AM
Animal Lover

AzeaF is on a distinguished road

dear bavanie & lulubelle

i'm sorry for your lost... jgn sedih2.... stop blaming on yourself... i'm sure "they" also dont want u to be sad...

i cannot take people yg mcm ni... tak bertanggungjawab...
i really hope u guys take some action... pergi tribunal tuntutan pengguna malaysia (TTPM) pun boleh... file your aduan there...
so far TTPM tak pernah kecewakan i lagi...
tapi my case takde kena mengena dgn pet la... but i rasa kita boleh complain about service yg mereka provide...

dear freewilly85 & Furrenz.com, thank you for your info...

for those yg ada bad experience dgn vet, PLLEEAAASSSEEEE share kat forum ni...

i dah takut ni nak hantar my 2month old persian for her 1st vaccine + dewormed...

kalau ade suggestion, please PM...

thanx!
Old 12-12-2011, 03:25 PM
Animal Lover

jennifer9504 is on a distinguished road

if u know the vet have prob, why u still sent your pets to there anyway?
Old 09-05-2012, 10:42 AM
Animal Lover

countessa78 is on a distinguished road

OMG!.. I've been sending my 11month Maltese to the AMC jalan Tun Razak! I am not sure which one is Dr.Siva as mentioned but my puppy been checking by Dr Cheng, the Lady doctor who actually didn't talk much. Until 1 day after the blood test, she promised to call but never call me back till on sunday. I am working over the weekend, right after my shift, I ran back to the AMC just to get an explanation from her. I don't think she is experienced doctor. She cannot answer all my questions and asked me to come back 1 year later? Now my Micah will under go for operation (spayed). But still worried about less experience doctor. They will charge me around RM450 to RM500 at AMC Jalan Tun Razak, not worried about the charges, as we paying for BMW, than we hope we get the BMW, not less than that. Anyone can suggest where is the best Doctor to spay my Micah?

Thanks for your info.
Old 09-05-2012, 08:36 PM
Petfinder Moderator

Maneki Neko is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by countessa78 View Post
OMG!.. I've been sending my 11month Maltese to the AMC jalan Tun Razak! I am not sure which one is Dr.Siva as mentioned but my puppy been checking by Dr Cheng, the Lady doctor who actually didn't talk much. Until 1 day after the blood test, she promised to call but never call me back till on sunday. I am working over the weekend, right after my shift, I ran back to the AMC just to get an explanation from her. I don't think she is experienced doctor. She cannot answer all my questions and asked me to come back 1 year later? Now my Micah will under go for operation (spayed). But still worried about less experience doctor. They will charge me around RM450 to RM500 at AMC Jalan Tun Razak, not worried about the charges, as we paying for BMW, than we hope we get the BMW, not less than that. Anyone can suggest where is the best Doctor to spay my Micah?

Thanks for your info.
Hi Countessa -- where do you stay? There are several reputable clinics in the Klang Valley that charge more reasonable fees, but let's find you one that is convenient for you. :-)
Old 11-25-2013, 02:49 AM
Animal Lover

patsy is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Re: Shame on Dr Gowri

good day,

sorry for the very late reply as im just a new user with centuries to catch up and was browsing through this website.

just to address some of the issues discussed, im very sad to hear so many cruel intentions some quarters have posted. I am an animal lover and thus have sent my pets to many clinic's, some private and government. its sad when one looses a pet as its very heartbreaking...

not to be biased to anyone, but as a person i feel that it very unhealthy and vindictive to put down veterinarians whom i think try their best to save our pets no matter what the situation is. i have known many vets who do have had good and bad days but nevertheless they try to help as much as they can.

i have known many disgruntled owners whom play the blame game without actually telling the whole truth and picture of what had happened maybe because of grieve. Saying this i hope that ALL HALF BAKED people out there do think and ponder on what they write. So i end with a quote

HALF KNOWLEDGE IS NO KNOWLEDGE AT ALL
Old 03-12-2014, 07:11 AM
Animal Lover

chuthyaver is on a distinguished road

this is from impotent exhusband veer who wants to spoil dr.Gowr's reputation.
Old 05-10-2018, 05:26 PM
Animal Lover

JazzJ is on a distinguished road

Dear Bavani,
I know your post is ancient now but I'd like to share my thoughts on your post.

Your post is an eye opener to many pet owners. I'd agree with you in Malaysia it is really hard to find a vet that has chosen the profession out of passion for animals. The most genuine ones are very, very few and countable. In my experience, firstly I find it hard to believe that a vet could hardly speak English. How in the world did he/she study to become a vet ?? It's not all about the language but in a way that shows the vets incompetence. Secondly, there are vets who pick and choose on what they can and cannot do. Unbelievable I know. Once I took my dog for his anal sacs cleaning, well I know the owners themselves can do it but I wasn't sure and my confidence level is zero, hence I took him to the vet to see on how it's actually done. To my surprise she said she can't do it instead pointed out that her groomer can do it. Well, I am thinking why would you become a vet then ?? Thirdly, on another occasion, there was a rescue dog that needed emergency treatment, I just tried my luck by calling one of the local vet in that area where I was at that time. I manage to get the mobile number from the clinic's website. To my surprise one of the vet that I called said that he doesn't start work till 10am,obviously I've called him too early. The rescued dog had just met an accident, and that was the reply given to me by the so-called vet. There seems to be quite number of "bogus vets" and they seem to get away with it too. Have also read many bad reviews on AMC, Jln Tun Razak, but somehow this organisation is still running. I guess there are lots more and the list goes on. It's become such a nightmare now that I myself do get nervous at times to take my dog to the vets , thinking will the situation become even worse once he gets to the vet?! Is there anything that we as pet owners could do something about this or is it completely wasteful even to think about it? Petfinder is a good website to all pet owners as we can review ,report and warn other pet owners from our own bad or good experiences may it be with a vet or groomer so this website does help.