Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Pet Welfare, Rescue & Adoption > General Discussion

General Discussion General information and discuss on animal rescue, adoption and advocacy

Old 11-25-2012, 10:00 PM
Animal Lover

Gens upper is on a distinguished road
Default Moving house to condo

Hi all bro & sis,

I urgent need your advice. what I can do to my two mongrel if I moving from landed house to condo.....I had ask all along fren n family.....no one willing to adopt him.....I haven't no other ideas.....please anyone advice me what I can do arrange a stay for them.....thanks......
Old 11-26-2012, 07:19 AM
Petfinder Moderator

Maneki Neko is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Moving house to condo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gens upper View Post
Hi all bro & sis,

I urgent need your advice. what I can do to my two mongrel if I moving from landed house to condo.....I had ask all along fren n family.....no one willing to adopt him.....I haven't no other ideas.....please anyone advice me what I can do arrange a stay for them.....thanks......
Hi Gens -- have you created a FOR ADOPTION listing in the Petfinder main section with all the information and photos of the dogs? If not, that's the first thing you should do.

If you fail to find an adopter before you move into the condo, you could try bringing the dogs with you into the condo. Although nearly all condos prohibit dogs, some management and neighbours will ignore the rules as long as the dogs are quiet and well-mannered and you make sure to clean up after them.

If you cannot bring them into the condo, you have few other options:
  • Surrender them to a shelter such as PAWS or SPCA, but you must face the reality that they will be euthanised if not adopted.
  • See if you can sponsor them to stay at a no-kill shelter like Furry Friends farm. They keep the dogs and won't euthanise, but you pay all their costs. I don't know if any of the no-kill shelters has space, but it's worth asking.
  • Contact all the animal welfare NGOs -- MDDB, MIAR, Paws Mission, etc. -- and ask them if you might bring your dogs to their upcoming adoption drives.

Until people start behaving responsibly and spaying and neutering their pet dogs, we'll see an increasing problem with homeless strays. And as you no see for yourself, urban Malaysia is terribly unfriendly to those who want to keep dogs, so there continue to be far more dogs than there are homes for them. I wish you luck finding adopters for yours.