Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Reviews, Notices & Stories > Success Stories

Success Stories Share your happy and heart-warming "tails" with our community. Let us know about your successful rescue, rehome or adoption efforts!

Old 01-22-2009, 08:50 PM
Gentle Giant

Coony is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The Story of Jack Sparrow, The One-Eye Pirate Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by syunichi View Post
Finally, a cat with the word "parley" in his mind. Jolly ho comrade Jack Sparrow.
Great to hear a kind soul took him in. Just took him not for his breed, but as a good deed. Cheers~~ Arrrr....
Yes! that was very kind & noble of Cookie to take in handicap cats & off coz not forgetting Charlene help in making the adoption happen.

Best Maine Coon Cattery in CFA ID Asia/LA since 2004
The only Maine Coon cattery with 3 DM, 3 Top Ten MCO National & produce the most GC/GP (30) & DW (12) in CFA ID Asia/LA
Old 01-23-2009, 12:12 AM
Petfinder Moderator

blackie007 has disabled reputation

Nope, the praises belong to Jimmy and Cookie. Jimmy took him off the streets and placed him in his shop. All I did was to ask Cookie if she could have one more cat in her home and she immediately agreed to help.

Once again, thanks to Jimmy and Cookie for giving Captain Jack Sparrow Hawk another chance in life.

For those who are interested to know, Captain Jack is doing very well in Cookie's home. He's very manja, and slowly, day by day, he's being accepted by her other cats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by syunichi View Post
Finally, a cat with the word "parley" in his mind. Jolly ho comrade Jack Sparrow.
Great to hear a kind soul took him in. Just took him not for his breed, but as a good deed. Cheers~~ Arrrr....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coony View Post
Yes! that was very kind & noble of Cookie to take in handicap cats & off coz not forgetting Charlene help in making the adoption happen.
Old 01-30-2009, 11:45 PM
PetFinder Guru

cookie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie007 View Post
Nope, the praises belong to Jimmy and Cookie. Jimmy took him off the streets and placed him in his shop. All I did was to ask Cookie if she could have one more cat in her home and she immediately agreed to help.

Once again, thanks to Jimmy and Cookie for giving Captain Jack Sparrow Hawk another chance in life.

For those who are interested to know, Captain Jack is doing very well in Cookie's home. He's very manja, and slowly, day by day, he's being accepted by her other cats.
Both Jimmy and Blackie should be commended for the part they played in getting Captain Jack Sparrow HAWK for without them Captain Jack would not be with me today.

Right now I am watching Captain Jack Sparrow on TV3 (for the first time) and during advertisement breaks I watch Captain Jack Sparrow HAWK in his yard.
Old 01-31-2009, 10:41 AM
Petfinder Moderator

Can you see the resemblance??? I think the Captain Jack Sparrow Hawk in your home is more macho & handsome than the one in Pirates of Carribbean, don't you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie View Post
Right now I am watching Captain Jack Sparrow on TV3 (for the first time) and during advertisement breaks I watch Captain Jack Sparrow HAWK in his yard.
Old 01-31-2009, 08:31 PM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
Can you see the resemblance??? I think the Captain Jack Sparrow Hawk in your home is more macho & handsome than the one in Pirates of Carribbean, don't you?
Certainly, our Captain Jack Sparrow HAWK is more macho and handsome and much, much cleaner with its smooth, glistening fur.
They resemble each other in jumping up, down and everywhere. Captain Jack Sparrow HAWK now loves to jump on my back and shoulder whenever I squat or bend down while cleaning the cats' yard and room. (Probably he thinks he is a parrot.)
To keep himself from slipping off me and to get a better hold, his claws dig into my shoulder and back. And when I don't bend down at all, he would stand up tall and hug my thigh. His claws would be at my shorts. I would then have to carry him while he purred.
Just like the Captain in the movie, these are some of his intelligent, sneaky ways of getting what he wants - to be carried.
Old 01-31-2009, 09:32 PM
Petfinder Moderator

Hehe, probably you now know why Jimmy named Jack as Jack Sparrow Hawk....he likes to jump around like Jack Sparrow in the Pirates of Caribbean, and is sneaky in getting his way.

Wah, sounds like Captain Jack needs his claws trimmed....time for a nail cut, Captain Jack! Send him to me if you're still not comfortable about cutting the cats' nails, I mean, claws.

Quote:
Certainly, our Captain Jack Sparrow HAWK is more macho and handsome and much, much cleaner with its smooth, glistening fur.
They resemble each other in jumping up, down and everywhere. Captain Jack Sparrow HAWK now loves to jump on my back and shoulder whenever I squat or bend down while cleaning the cats' yard and room. (Probably he thinks he is a parrot.)
To keep himself from slipping off me and to get a better hold, his claws dig into my shoulder and back. And when I don't bend down at all, he would stand up tall and hug my thigh. His claws would be at my shorts. I would then have to carry him while he purred.
Just like the Captain in the movie, these are some of his intelligent, sneaky ways of getting what he wants - to be carried.
Old 02-01-2009, 12:20 AM
PetFinder Guru

A while ago, Captain Jack tried his trick again - jumped and hugged my thigh. Aha, this time I wore a pair of longer shorts that went below my knee (shorts?) made of nylon like those smooth parachute-type. He just slid down my leg and his bum hit the floor. Good thing his bum is fleshy. I believed he was annoyed as he just sat, stared at me and went, "nye, nyee, nye". I grinned and replied, "This time, you stupid".
Old 02-01-2009, 12:32 PM
Gentle Giant

I'm so happy to know that everyone is happy & everything is getting on so well. Captain Jack Sparrow Hawk is so lucky to have Cookies & to be among all the Cookies angels. I'm very sure he will appreciate every bit & moment of his life with you & will no doubt reward you with his unconditional love & loyalty.

The only Maine Coon cattery with 3 DM, 3 Top Ten MCO National & produce the most GC/GP (30) & DW (12) in CFA ID Asia/LA
Old 02-02-2009, 11:51 PM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
I'm so happy to know that everyone is happy & everything is getting on so well. Captain Jack Sparrow Hawk is so lucky to have Cookies & to be among all the Cookies angels. I'm very sure he will appreciate every bit & moment of his life with you & will no doubt reward you with his unconditional love & loyalty.
I am glad to know that you are happy, Jimmy. Captain Jack Sparrow HAWK is a good boy. In fact all my angels are good...and clever.I am happy and proud that all of them know how to use their toilet.

Here is the latest photo of Captain Jack Sparrow Hawk. This is his handsome side with lovely markings. Just like the pirate Captain Hook had a hook for hand, Captain Jack Sparrow Hawk, too, has a hook - his tail!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	jack sparrow.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	15.1 KB
ID:	3237  
Old 02-03-2009, 01:57 PM
Petfinder Moderator

Yup, very beautiful markings....wah, his food bowl empty....he finished all his food ah in one sitting ah?? Must have quite an appetite.

Old 02-03-2009, 08:39 PM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
Yup, very beautiful markings....wah, his food bowl empty....he finished all his food ah in one sitting ah?? Must have quite an appetite.

Yes, he eats a lot. Went for his second vaccination today and he has put on weight, again, tipping the scale at 5kg. But Kenggy is heavier.

Sigh! Captain Jack Sparrow HAWK did it again! Less than 2km from my house when I hit the highway, he did his big business! And I can't turn back. Sigh!

His vet was waiting for me and promptly took my cats in. He cleaned the cage. It was unexpected and extremely nice of him. Captain Jack loves his vet, sat on his lap and head-butted him.
Old 02-03-2009, 09:00 PM
Gentle Giant

Quote:
Yes, he eats a lot. Went for his second vaccination today and he has put on weight, again, tipping the scale at 5kg. But Kenggy is heavier.

Sigh! Captain Jack Sparrow HAWK did it again! Less than 2km from my house when I hit the highway, he did his big business! And I can't turn back. Sigh!

His vet was waiting for me and promptly took my cats in. He cleaned the cage. It was unexpected and extremely nice of him. Captain Jack loves his vet, sat on his lap and head-butted him.
Wow!! that boy surely had a good life man! he really had a solid looking body with 5 kg body weight. i think the next time you better fast him Kau Kau!! before having to drive him anywhere, I suppose your vet will have to give him very special discount charges since he so clever to Jo Yan,

Charlene, let me know when you can help me with the adoption cats photography as I had just received another 2 very young kittens but are able to feed on their own.

Old 02-03-2009, 09:15 PM
Petfinder Moderator

Jimmy,
I can help you with the photography any time you want. Tomorrow also can. Just let me know.

Cookie,
Yeah, I agree with Jimmy ler....you should fast Captain Jack before going to the vet in future! hehe, maybe he smelled his poo and pee from before and thought it's his private toilet where he doesn't have to share with your other angels.

Yup, Jack's body looks real solid. Eh, can I send you my Blackie to jaga ah?

Quote:
Wow!! that boy surely had a good life man! he really had a solid looking body with 5 kg body weight. i think the next time you better fast him Kau Kau!! before having to drive him anywhere, I suppose your vet will have to give him very special discount charges since he so clever to Jo Yan,

Charlene, let me know when you can help me with the adoption cats photography as I had just received another 2 very young kittens but are able to feed on their own.
Old 02-03-2009, 09:22 PM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:

No lah, I don't want to fast any cats unless it is for an operation. Perhaps I should make him wear diapers.
Oh yes, his vet do give special discounts because they are 'special'. But most importantly, the cats love their vet. The reason why I travel so far for their treatment.

Hey Charlene, I am free now till 9 Feb.
Old 02-03-2009, 09:27 PM
Petfinder Moderator

hahaha, I know what you want.

Quote:
Hey Charlene, I am free now till 9 Feb.
Old 02-03-2009, 09:47 PM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
hahaha, I know what you want.
Hehehe!
Old 02-04-2009, 12:54 PM
Gentle Giant

Quote:
Hehehe!
well.. will see you & Charlene then.

Old 03-13-2009, 11:45 PM
PetFinder Guru

This is Captain Jack Sparrow HAWK about 2 weeks ago.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	capt jack sparrow hawk recent.jpg
Views:	308
Size:	35.7 KB
ID:	3864   Click image for larger version

Name:	capt jack sparrow hawk recent2.jpg
Views:	301
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	3865  
Old 03-14-2009, 12:59 PM
Petfinder Moderator

Wow, very handsome, and look at that tummy.......

Old 03-14-2009, 01:23 PM
PetFinder Guru

daRLing is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Wow, very handsome, and look at that tummy.......

like a pregnant mommy to be gemok nih..hes looking very healthy.