Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Pet Welfare, Rescue & Adoption > Rescuers & Fosterers

Rescuers & Fosterers For rescuers and fosterers, the true heroes of PetFinder.my

Old 08-30-2010, 11:35 AM
was a cat before

azmyrax is on a distinguished road
Default Let's help Egeh :)

Salam and hello all, the reason why I put up this thread is not to embarrass any sides at all. My concern is only about this cat, Egeh.

Egeh was put up for adoption as you can see on this link:
http://www.petfinder.my/pets/13565/
Due to her Persian mix breed, she’s very popular and many people wanted to adopt her. However, due to time constraint, the owner decided to send Egeh to PAWS instead.

I was talking to Midnightmaiden and we shared our concerns about Egeh’s wellbeing. As Midnightmaiden is out of town last Sunday, I decided to pay Egeh a visit at PAWS on our behalf. What I found was shocking, she has got poo and pee all over her legs and behind. She can’t walk. She’s got vomit on her chin. Her face looks very sad.

I went to the office to see when will Egeh be put up for adoption. The office said that with that condition, Egeh might NOT make it. Or if her condition is bad, they have no choice but to put her to sleep. However, the office encouraged me to come on weekdays when the vet is at PAWS so that I can talk to the vet and see her condition.

If Egeh made it through, she will be spayed after her health has improved. Then only she will be put up for adoption. This being said, it will take roughly about 2weeks (that is if she’s got better). Her adoption fee will be RM150.

Come on all, let’s help Egeh. Give us suggestion on how to help Egeh find a loving home

These are the latest photos of Egeh

there got pee and poo all over her legs

that is Egeh's cage. and that's me on the phone with midnightmaiden

I brightened up the pic so that you can see the condition, she's all wet and sitting on her own pee and poo

vomit on her chin
Old 08-30-2010, 11:42 AM
PetFinder Guru

MidnightMaiden is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Let's help Egeh :)

Thanks azmyrax for putting up this post to help Egeh. I can't manage to see her photos from this office PC but there's no need for photos for me to realise how serious her situation is.

As discussed with you, let's meet up at PAWS tomorrow and talk to the vet so we might get a clearer idea of her condition, and what we can do at this point in time to help. Do u have any idea what time the vet will come & make her rounds? Will the vet be there the whole day?

In the meantime let's all pray that Egeh will make a swift & successful recovery...
Old 08-30-2010, 11:48 AM
was a cat before

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightMaiden View Post
Do u have any idea what time the vet will come & make her rounds? Will the vet be there the whole day?
I'm not quite sure la. i'll check it out later and inform you.

aiii, dah start sebak-sebak balik ni
Old 08-30-2010, 12:08 PM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road

Don't wait for the vet to make her/his round in PAWS. Take Egeh out immediately. I am afraid by the time you guys waiting for the vet, she cannot make it. Egeh jd begitu bukan hanya pasal dia di hantar ke tempat begini tetapi she miss her prevoius home. She miss being cuddle and surrounded by her mummy/daddy. She need loving home bukan shelter.

Adoi!! Sedihnya Tolonglah kawan kawan.Selamatkan Egeh. Take her out from that place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azmyrax View Post
I'm not quite sure la. i'll check it out later and inform you.

aiii, dah start sebak-sebak balik ni
Old 08-30-2010, 12:14 PM
nyan nyan :3

rawr2buny is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to rawr2buny

OMG! Egeh you poor thing.. Okayyy sedihhhhhhhh, I got all teary eyed looking at her pictures. Can tell from her face, she must be real sad, sick and tired with all the vomiting, pee & poo.
nasib baik tak ramai orang harini. Cant imagine if sha sendiri pegi sane tengok dia mesti menangis punye.

Hmm I was thinking, PAWS cakap we cant take Egeh out.. But but, Since ramai yang macam berminat and ada yang maybe nak bawak Egeh to vet & jage, wouldn't that be a good thing for PAWS? Merayu pun tak boleh?

And she's soooo soooo cutee.. Hang in there Egeh, dont give up!

Oh, jadi nanti Mira will go again and see her? when? :3
Old 08-30-2010, 12:17 PM
Animal Lover

Kenapa tak boleh pula take Egeh out?? Durang pun bukan boleh jaga dengan baik. Egeh masuk sebagai kucing yg sihat tapi look at her now?? They are clearly not capable to take care of this cat Berapa duit durang nak untuk keluarkan Egeh?? Let me know. Whoever is going to take Egeh out, PM me the amount.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawr2buny View Post
OMG! Egeh you poor thing.. Okayyy sedihhhhhhhh, I got all teary eyed looking at her pictures. Can tell from her face, she must be real sad, sick and tired with all the vomiting, pee & poo.
nasib baik tak ramai orang harini. Cant imagine if sha sendiri pegi sane tengok dia mesti menangis punye.

Hmm I was thinking, PAWS cakap we cant take Egeh out.. But but, Since ramai yang macam berminat and ada yang maybe nak bawak Egeh to vet & jage, wouldn't that be a good thing for PAWS? Merayu pun tak boleh?

Old 08-30-2010, 12:20 PM
was a cat before

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawr2buny View Post

going tomorrow with midnightmaiden. wanna come ke? karang jadi jejak kasih pulak ramai-ramai nanges depan cage Egeh sampai Egeh pun pelik nanti

when I called her name, she looked at me. aiiiiiiiii i can hear my heart broken when she looked at me
Old 08-30-2010, 12:25 PM
nyan nyan :3

rawr2buny is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to rawr2buny

@azmyrax: I can seriously imagine kita beratur depan cage Egeh nangis berjemaah

Ohh tapi esok merdeka, bukak ke and the vet will be available? I want to go too but I dont know where's the place and no transport too ^.^;

Alala mesti Egeh rindu orang panggil die, cuddle, her previous home and owner kan. Seriously hoping she'll have the chance rasa semua tu balik.

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
Kenapa tak boleh pula take Egeh out?? Durang pun bukan boleh jaga dengan baik. Egeh masuk sebagai kucing yg sihat tapi look at her now?? They are clearly not capable to take care of this cat Berapa duit durang nak untuk keluarkan Egeh?? Let me know. Whoever is going to take Egeh out, PM me the amount.
Huuhuu tu la Kak June. If they got time nak bersihkan die and give her all the comfort she needs tak ape la. Sha tak tahu macam mane policy PAWS but the last time sha pegi SPCA duluu kala (around standard 4) die cakap sick cats, kittens & un-neutered cats tak boleh bawak keluar. Since Egeh belum di spay, and die sakit, and azmyrax ade cakap dekat pet profile sha tadi, the management pun memang tak bagi adopt, not even booking!

But kalau ada orang nak jagakan Egeh elok-elok why dont they let us to kan kan?
Old 08-30-2010, 12:27 PM
was a cat before

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
PAWS cakap cannot take her out because vet hasnt seen her yet. Then, all cats sent to PAWS will be spayed before can be released.

According to the PAWS, pedigree cat is RM150. adult cat is RM30 only
Old 08-30-2010, 12:28 PM
PetFinder Guru

Nur_illiyana is on a distinguished road

I cant see the picture from office network, tapi hati dah hiba..

Azmira, i nak ikut.. will ask permission from my hubby first..
will contact u soon..
Old 08-30-2010, 12:32 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

FurKids is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Salam and hello all, the reason why I put up this thread is not to embarrass any sides at all. My concern is only about this cat, Egeh.

Egeh was put up for adoption as you can see on this link:
http://www.petfinder.my/pets/13565/
Due to her Persian mix breed, she’s very popular and many people wanted to adopt her. However, due to time constraint, the owner decided to send Egeh to PAWS instead.

I was talking to Midnightmaiden and we shared our concerns about Egeh’s wellbeing. As Midnightmaiden is out of town last Sunday, I decided to pay Egeh a visit at PAWS on our behalf. What I found was shocking, she has got poo and pee all over her legs and behind. She can’t walk. She’s got vomit on her chin. Her face looks very sad.

I went to the office to see when will Egeh be put up for adoption. The office said that with that condition, Egeh might NOT make it. Or if her condition is bad, they have no choice but to put her to sleep. However, the office encouraged me to come on weekdays when the vet is at PAWS so that I can talk to the vet and see her condition.

If Egeh made it through, she will be spayed after her health has improved. Then only she will be put up for adoption. This being said, it will take roughly about 2weeks (that is if she’s got better). Her adoption fee will be RM150.

Come on all, let’s help Egeh. Give us suggestion on how to help Egeh find a loving home

These are the latest photos of Egeh

there got pee and poo all over her legs

that is Egeh's cage. and that's me on the phone with midnightmaiden

I brightened up the pic so that you can see the condition, she's all wet and sitting on her own pee and poo

vomit on her chin
Itu la, friends that is why I never advocate sending any animal to a shelter be it SPCA or PAWS. Never lepaskan tangan dan tutup mata by sending to a shelter. (Not you, Azmira or MidnightMaiden, saya cakap Egeh punya owner bertuah tu)

You must understand that at a shelter, all sorts of people bring in all sorts of animals from all sorts of places with the possibility of all sorts of sickness and infections and the animal you bring in will fall sick most likely. Shelters are high-density and packed (mana la ada shelter kosong kecuali mereka baru bunuh satu longgok besar to clear the cages to make way for new arrivals/dumpings?)

To be fair to shelters that depend highly on volunteer services, it is indeed hard to take care and give adequate attention to individual animals. Klinik veterinar kat UPM pun ada banyak negligence punya cases.

Okay, enough meleter from me ... Egeh is sick now, whoever takes her out have to take care to quarantine her and spend much time to take care of her. She needs a vet and it will not be one from PAWS who is overloaded enough with shelter animals to focus on one alone, but if the vet does take time from his loaded schedule to look at and attend to Egeh, that is so kind of him.

But better to take Egeh to a good clinic with adequate staffing like Healing Rooms or something. But definitely not UPM, or the Tun Razak one, please!

Good luck, friends, go see Edward the manager at PAWS, kay?
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
Old 08-30-2010, 12:38 PM
was a cat before

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nur_illiyana View Post
I cant see the picture from office network, tapi hati dah hiba..

Azmira, i nak ikut.. will ask permission from my hubby first..
will contact u soon..
wah makin ramai jemaah nanges

haduiiii I wish I can do something for her. Thing is, money problem (baru 4 hari dapat gaji dah tinggal seciput je and adoption fee is mahal), my housemates are VERY very highly uncomfortable with cats, one of them can't even stand looking at cat's photos , plus I have two cats already at home, so I dont want to make my housemates more uncomfortable. and my cats too. and when I go to work, nobody will be at home, I normally come home at night after berbuka, so I cannot give attention to Egeh if she's sick.

But if there's any help needed to help Egeh, I am willing to do so. I can be the driver if transportation is a problem. I can also help derma sikit RC Oreo and Eskimo sebab at the moment diorang nak tukar gigi kekal, so diorang takleh makan kibbles now
Old 08-30-2010, 12:42 PM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:

haduiiii I wish I can do something for her. Thing is, money problem (baru 4 hari dapat gaji dah tinggal seciput je and adoption fee is mahal), my housemates are VERY very highly uncomfortable with cats, one of them can't even stand looking at cat's photos , plus I have two cats already at home, so I dont want to make my housemates more uncomfortable. and my cats too. and when I go to work, nobody will be at home, I normally come home at night after berbuka, so I cannot give attention to Egeh if she's sick.

But if there's any help needed to help Egeh, I am willing to do so. I can be the driver if transportation is a problem. I can also help derma sikit RC Oreo and Eskimo sebab at the moment diorang nak tukar gigi kekal, so diorang takleh makan kibbles now
I cuma mampu tolong dr segi finance jela..
i cant take long hair cat due to my husband allergic..
so now, we need someone who able to take care of Egeh..
insan2 yg baik hati di luar sana, tolong la Egeh
Old 08-30-2010, 12:46 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Quote:

Hheheheee!!! Ala, Azmyrax ... kibbles aper yg Azmyrax nak donate kasi si Egeh tu? Kalau tak silap, Oreo and Eskimo are baby kittens (you mention baru tukar gigi kekal) and Egeh is a full adult gugurl, cerit-berit pulak tu tak boleh makan too rich food like kitten kibbles or A/D but needs to eat I/D (intestinal diet) or daging dada ayam kukus/rebus hingga henti cerit-berit. (One thing though, check if her cerit-berit is due to PAWS giving her food that is different from her normal kibbles because cats have very delicate digestive system, ataupun si Egeh betul-betul sakit).
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
Old 08-30-2010, 12:49 PM
Animal Lover

Akak pun tak blh jaga kucing bulu panjang ni coz akak dah ada 11 ekor kat rmh. Kucing macam Egeh ni perlukan banyak attention dan grooming yg berterusan. Due to my job dan alergik dengan kucing bulu panjang,akak memang tak boleh ambil Egeh. Tapi akak boleh tolong dari segi kewangan bermaksud makanan/medication hantar pergi vet sehingga dia betul betul recover. Jadi pada sesiapa yang nak selamatkan Egeh, boleh PM akak. I won't reveal my handphone number here. Takut banyak stalker

Tolong slow talk dengan manager PAWS, Edward. Dengar cakap Furkids. Slow talk dan pujuk baik baik. Kata budak budak fosterer dan rescuer PF sangat kesian dengan Egeh dan nak jaga dia sampai sembuh. Lepas tu akan neuter dia baru put up for adoption atau pun tidak, kata diri sendiri yang nak adopt. Diri sendiri yang rescuer. Lebih baik begitu jadi tak banyak 3rd party involve.

Quote:

Old 08-30-2010, 12:54 PM
was a cat before

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurKids View Post
Hheheheee!!! Ala, Azmyrax ... kibbles aper yg Azmyrax nak donate kasi si Egeh tu? Kalau tak silap, Oreo and Eskimo are baby kittens (you mention baru tukar gigi kekal) and Egeh is a full adult gugurl, cerit-berit pulak tu tak boleh makan too rich food like kitten kibbles or A/D but needs to eat I/D (intestinal diet) or daging dada ayam kukus/rebus hingga henti cerit-berit. (One thing though, check if her cerit-berit is due to PAWS giving her food that is different from her normal kibbles because cats have very delicate digestive system, ataupun si Egeh betul-betul sakit).
alamak cannot eh? Oreo and Eskimo on RC Kitten 36. They are 4-5months old. True, wasnt thinking of that. Egeh is 2years plus. But kat PAWS punya cage dia tulis situ "Tri-color : 5 years +" <----referring to Egeh because shes the only tri-color in the cage

Rizalmn said he wants to go to see Egeh today because his office is nearby. Maybe can ask him to talk to PAWS
Old 08-30-2010, 01:08 PM
PetFinder Guru

MidnightMaiden is on a distinguished road

I don't know if PAWS will make an exception & bend the rules this one time & release Egeh, (if a person steps forward to care for
Egeh & provide her with the best medical care asap) but it's certainly worth a try talking to Edward

We plan to go tomorrow but if any of u are able & willing to go even sooner by today, it would be even better. The longer we wait the slimmer Egeh's chances of survival

Failing that, then when we go tomorrow i think it would help matters tremendously if the actual person who plans to adopt Egeh & bring her home is present. That might sway the management's decision in our favour.
So, if anyone is willing and able, please do let us know so we can make proper arrangements to meet.

I will help where possible, but could not take any new cats in for now as I'm taking care of newborn kitties who are very susceptible to diseases plus <2 months old kitten who haven't been vaccinated yet.

But please, if there is anybody out there who is able to help, please do let us know.
Old 08-30-2010, 01:10 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Actually in my opinion, PAWS is anytime better than SPCA in terms of management and policy. And you know, the insistence on neutering the animal before it is taken out for adoption is in the best interest of the animal because too many people have given sweet promises to take the animals back for neutering (even paid for it siang-siang) but ended up not doing it and have allowed the animals to breed and later buangkan. SPCA kata they have the same policy tetapi kat kampung lama, someone even boasted of the cat adopted from SPCA but did not go back to neuter her and the cat giving birth to seven kittens later. There was an outroar causing the thread to be deleted. Even the administrator Jay had been outraged by the flaunting of the kittens and the excuse that the adopter did not have time to neuter the cat and even said it is a blessing.

So, friends, try to understand some of the things put in place by PAWS, kay? I think what you can do is to inform Edward nicely that you will sponsor Egeh financially (afterall, they are always short of funds) till she is better and can be spayed, baru lah take her home. If you contribute some money specially for Egeh, I think PAWS will be able to take better care of Egeh. Afterall, she is a longhair and chances of adoption is greater for such a pretty girl.

Pastu, korang singgah lah kerap-kerap sayang-sayang dia.
Old 08-30-2010, 01:11 PM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
I don't know if PAWS will make an exception & bend the rules this one time & release Egeh, (if a person steps forward to care for
Egeh & provide her with the best medical care asap) but it's certainly worth a try talking to Edward

We plan to go tomorrow but if any of u are able & willing to go even sooner by today, it would be even better. The longer we wait the slimmer Egeh's chances of survival

Failing that, then when we go tomorrow i think it would help matters tremendously if the actual person who plans to adopt Egeh & bring her home is present. That might sway the management's decision in our favour.
So, if anyone is willing and able, please do let us know so we can make proper arrangements to meet.

I will help where possible, but could not take any new cats in for now as I'm taking care of newborn kitties who are very susceptible to diseases plus <2 months old kitten who haven't been vaccinated yet.

But please, if there is anybody out there who is able to help, please do let us know.
Agreed
Now we just need someone to take care of Egeh..
Old 08-30-2010, 01:14 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Quote:

PAWS buka ke besok? Better korang check, because I am not sure they close on Rabu or Khamis ... I am out of touch dah.