Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > PetFinder Lounge > Coffee Room

Coffee Room Gossip on the latest topics or just mingle around and enjoy the atmosphere!

Old 08-04-2008, 01:43 AM
PetFinder Buddy

RoyBlue is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Animal Lover. Yes or No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKoh View Post
Haha.. these flying cockroaches are like laser-guided homing missiles - aiming right at me when they fly! Running is futile.. they seem to be playing a game of tag, ever flying nearer and nearer to me, taunting me with their intentionally-missed attacks and buzzing laughs until I black out and collapse foaming...

Urghh yeah Fear Factor is gross... eating everything from maggots to bull testicles.. and that program is always wonderfully timed to coincide with my dinner haha...
Yeah.. it's usually in the second phase where they make u eat things to gross you out...

HOWEVER, being chinese and being malaysian. There are some parts which are actually a delicacy and I know a few people who would ask the other contestants "uh... are you gonna eat that? Do you mind if I have seconds?"
ahhaha
Old 08-04-2008, 01:34 PM
Vivien Wuz Ere

Location: Earth - where every human beings have to live together with animals
vivienlpl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyBlue View Post
I've got a friend who was quite okay with cockroaches when he was a kid... okay here meaning... I don't disturb u, u don't disturb me kinda okay... Until one day he was taking a dump in the toilet nd one of those nasty fellows actually flew and landed on his face. Just imagine the havoc created by one of these "cute" little buggers....

Andy, just imagine... this could have happened to you.

Hai... Those little critters can survive a nuclear winter, basically outlived the dinosaurs WITHOUT evolving and only to be killed by a can of Ridsect or 5 Ringgit Bata Shoe... That's bloody ironic if you think about it.
hahaha...
i killed small one before - ***whack** hahaha
big one the normal size - nope... if i see one in my room
that's it - i cannot sleep whole night till i get rid of it with ridsect! ahaha

i have few encounters...... it just crawl at my face - next thing i know - i did grab it and throw/push it - i was asleep ok..i wont know but i definitely know it is a silly bug moving here and there...

you see one..you forever see them roaming the whole house.. it gives me the chill when one goes over my leg
Old 08-04-2008, 04:37 PM
CEO, EzerNET

Ezer has disabled reputation

Quote:
HOWEVER, being chinese and being malaysian. There are some parts which are actually a delicacy and I know a few people who would ask the other contestants "uh... are you gonna eat that? Do you mind if I have seconds?"
ahhaha
Speaking of delicacy.. I have actually eaten cockroaches before while I was in China with my buddy Andy... but Andy chickened out, of course! He din't even try the nice juicy beetle! Oh, but he did chewed on the leg of a giant spider though...
Old 08-04-2008, 07:35 PM
Vivien Wuz Ere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezer View Post
Speaking of delicacy.. I have actually eaten cockroaches before while I was in China with my buddy Andy... but Andy chickened out, of course! He din't even try the nice juicy beetle! Oh, but he did chewed on the leg of a giant spider though...
Ezer, how can you put those thing into your mouth and digest into your stomach eeeewww
Old 08-04-2008, 10:00 PM
CEO, EzerNET

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivienlpl View Post
Ezer, how can you put those thing into your mouth and digest into your stomach eeeewww
Haha... I will try everything once... except shit, that is... or dung!!
Old 08-05-2008, 01:49 AM
Founder, PetFinder.my

AndyKoh has disabled reputation

Urghh... Ezer, you can digest all the cockroaches and worms you want - I'll gladly remain as a spectator on that!

Ezer is exceptionally, bizarrely brave and adventurous when it comes to exotic food - but when it comes to normal meals during travel, I'd mostly be the one dragging him to try new things while he'd gladly settle for just chicken/duck/goose rice, teochew porridge or fast food - oh, and not to forget a good bottle of TsingTao beer hahaha!
Old 08-05-2008, 03:38 AM
CEO, EzerNET

Quote:
Urghh... Ezer, you can digest all the cockroaches and worms you want - I'll gladly remain as a spectator on that!

Ezer is exceptionally, bizarrely brave and adventurous when it comes to exotic food - but when it comes to normal meals during travel, I'd mostly be the one dragging him to try new things while he'd gladly settle for just chicken/duck/goose rice, teochew porridge or fast food - oh, and not to forget a good bottle of TsingTao beer hahaha!
heh heh... that's so true.. don't forget my biasa sweet and sour chicken! never go wrong with that, for sure!
Old 08-06-2008, 10:02 AM
Animal Lover

steffy1811 is on a distinguished road

why of all things talk about kachuak ah?

There is this bunch of classmates in the US last time who have got this craze over exotic insects.... black beetle, scorpions, spider, expensive kachuaks, etc etc etc..... This crazy guy even bring his black beetle to class!!!!!

I bodoh bodoh at first thought it was fake.... it was plastic or somekind of polymer figurine.... then... the legs moved!!!!! The best joke, he can tell me the beetle is tame?? EH HELLO, how do you tame an INSECT? *rolls eyes* *where is that smiley??*
Old 08-06-2008, 02:20 PM
PetFinder Buddy

ChewChew1987 is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Err...i sure hope you don't feel like eating dogs or cats because these are also delicacy in China. During my last trip to Beijing, i saw a man beat a cat to dead with people surrounding the scene to watch. Then the tour guide told me these people are just going to eat the cat....

I promise myself that will be the last time i will ever step my foot into China.
Old 08-06-2008, 02:22 PM
Vivien Wuz Ere

Quote:
Originally Posted by steffy1811 View Post
why of all things talk about kachuak ah?

There is this bunch of classmates in the US last time who have got this craze over exotic insects.... black beetle, scorpions, spider, expensive kachuaks, etc etc etc..... This crazy guy even bring his black beetle to class!!!!!

I bodoh bodoh at first thought it was fake.... it was plastic or somekind of polymer figurine.... then... the legs moved!!!!! The best joke, he can tell me the beetle is tame?? EH HELLO, how do you tame an INSECT? *rolls eyes* *where is that smiley??*
your friend meaning of tame that the beetle still let you touch it

if it is wild - probably it will be flying and end up dont know where
Old 08-06-2008, 10:51 PM
Animal Lover

i think if wild, they will BITE, STING, squirt some smelly odor, or something like that lah....

whatever lah..... tame ke not tame ke, its still a blardy insect ok. I call them our local siew kiong's long lost cousin. Me still no like.
Old 08-07-2008, 08:29 PM
Animal Lover

Juztiny is on a distinguished road

I am an animal lover..I respect animals as God's creation...even if I see a rat in my home I would not purposely set a trap to kill it.

I have a lot of pets at home...that is why I cannot volunteer to be come a fosterer anymore (eventhough I'd love to do that) because my neighbour is mad at me for keeping so many pets in my home.

I am going to move to a bigger house by this year end, next year onwards I could volunteer myself to be a fosterer.

Right now I could only help to spread the words to refer people to adopt the dogs in this forum. Or help to post here where someone wanted to give up his/her dog.

Actually helping a purebreed dog to find a good home is a very difficult task...have to scrutinize carefully.
Old 08-07-2008, 08:32 PM
Animal Lover

Juztiny is on a distinguished road

Quote:
i think if wild, they will BITE, STING, squirt some smelly odor, or something like that lah....

whatever lah..... tame ke not tame ke, its still a blardy insect ok. I call them our local siew kiong's long lost cousin. Me still no like.
Errr...the topic is on animal...why everybody here out of topic already..."Siew Kiong", Beetle and snakes are not consider animal...
Old 08-08-2008, 12:01 AM
Animal Lover

symboi is on a distinguished road

I can handle beetles and cockroaches...spiders are ok too...kinda want to be spiderman..but I hate lizards.They freak me out.So whenever I see a lizard in my house(very often)I will try to kill it,which is once in about 5 years since I'm lazy to do anything about it.One time though,I threw a dart and it hit the lizard dead center of mass.It hung up there for two days,then fell into my rice when dinnertime.
Old 08-08-2008, 04:57 AM
CEO, EzerNET

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juztiny View Post
Errr...the topic is on animal...why everybody here out of topic already..."Siew Kiong", Beetle and snakes are not consider animal...
They are part of the Animal Kingdom ler... I think... haha...

And anything gross is always interesting to talk about...
Old 08-08-2008, 05:36 PM
Animal Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juztiny View Post

HMMMMM...... HMMMMM..... *now where is the sarcastic smiley and also ROFL smiley* *andy, more smileys please!*

From my best buddy Prof. Wiki:

"Insects (Class Insecta) are a major group of arthropods and the most diverse group of animals on the Earth, with over a million described species..." Did I and everyone else NOT see the word ANIMAL in the above quote??

Oh dear darling, since when ANIMAL is narrowed down to exclude INSECTS and REPTILES???

Again from wise Prof. Wiki:
"Animals are a major group of multicellular, eukaryotic organisms of the kingdom Animalia or Metazoa."

So now you telling us siew kiong is unicellular organism like the bacteria staphylococcus aerues??? The same bacteria that usually gives you sore throat or medically termed staph infection. *now where is ROFL smiley*
Old 08-08-2008, 07:10 PM
Animal Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by symboi View Post
I can handle beetles and cockroaches...spiders are ok too...kinda want to be spiderman..but I hate lizards.They freak me out.So whenever I see a lizard in my house(very often)I will try to kill it,which is once in about 5 years since I'm lazy to do anything about it.One time though,I threw a dart and it hit the lizard dead center of mass.It hung up there for two days,then fell into my rice when dinnertime.
EEEWWWW.......... why lah you left it hanging... get a penyapu to sweep it down ke...

Eh now got spray to keep lizards away. Green bottle. Tesco got sell. About RM17. So far, I think quite effective. Lizards just dont come. I think it makes the surface slippery so they got no grip.
Old 08-12-2008, 10:12 PM
Vivien Wuz Ere

so far i haven't really kill a lizard on purpose....
i used to get one friendly one at my living room
but every since i did renovation to my house 5 years ago - that lizard went missing.....

only once i crushed a lizard accidentally between doors dead -
Old 08-13-2008, 12:20 AM
PetFinder Buddy

RoyBlue is on a distinguished road

Quote:
HMMMMM...... HMMMMM..... *now where is the sarcastic smiley and also ROFL smiley* *andy, more smileys please!*

From my best buddy Prof. Wiki:

"Insects (Class Insecta) are a major group of arthropods and the most diverse group of animals on the Earth, with over a million described species..." Did I and everyone else NOT see the word ANIMAL in the above quote??

Oh dear darling, since when ANIMAL is narrowed down to exclude INSECTS and REPTILES???

Again from wise Prof. Wiki:
"Animals are a major group of multicellular, eukaryotic organisms of the kingdom Animalia or Metazoa."

So now you telling us siew kiong is unicellular organism like the bacteria staphylococcus aerues??? The same bacteria that usually gives you sore throat or medically termed staph infection. *now where is ROFL smiley*
Here's what I mean by steffy1811 having her own self defence mechanisms... say something wrong... confirm got a bloody stinger missile hot on your tail....
Old 08-13-2008, 12:59 AM
.:: Baby, I dig you! ::.

Location: Subang Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia, World of Animal Lurve...
BabyZee is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BabyZee

Quote:
Here's what I mean by steffy1811 having her own self defence mechanisms... say something wrong... confirm got a bloody stinger missile hot on your tail....
then beetles and snakes what lor?
Some alien is it?just kidding...
it's ok,we're learning new things everyday here..
Correct2, i agreed with steffy1811 and royblue...

If out of topic it's ok..
the bosses here don't mind that much..
as u're not of the limits..