Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Reviews, Notices & Stories > Hall of Shame

Hall of Shame There are lots of cruel and inconsiderate people out there. Expose their cruel deeds to the world and let them be shamed!

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 11:47 AM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

FurKids is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Kuning, where are you, Boboy?

Kuning, where are you, Boboy? Pray that you are safe .... we are all missing you, sayang ... you and Hitam are everybody's inspiration and good luck charm !!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kuning.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	5413  
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
Old 05-22-2009, 03:31 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Default So Sorry My Sweetheart! I really Couldn't Save You ....

From http://birdstalkingtoo.blogspot.com/

So Sorry My Sweetheart!
I Honesty Tried but I Failed!
I really Couldn't Save You.
I will not forgive myself.

At the earlier stage of the rescue, TV Smith took many snapshots of so many dogs trapped on the Hell's Island. After enlarging one particular picture, I noticed a sad and a pitiful faced, toy breed, a mixed of Shih Tzu and a Maltese.

As there are many larger and more powerful ones around and they are always fighting for food, the character of such small breed usually stay shy, clear and friendly.

Also being a long coated dog, missing a day's grooming gives one a headache. So, just how can a toy breed survives such harsh and terrible environment? It was a sure Death!

The image of such a sad face, also shows helplessness. But Death was certain.

She must have died a horrible death and her body, torn to shreds to be eaten by her starving friends. No choice. The folks at Pulau Ketam and our elected Officials wanted it this way.Money is all they cared for.

From my heart, I cried for days! I really wanted to save her because she looks like my Shih Tzu girl called Xiao Mei. I will call you "Salvation", a name deeply embedded in my heart hoping there are still some left in this island.I am sad. Still sad and are mad as hell too. Hell enough to boycot Pulau Ketam for the rest of my life.

After all I am only human.

Donald at http://birdstalkingtoo.blogspot.com/
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ShihTzu01.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	14.6 KB
ID:	5422   Click image for larger version

Name:	ShihTzu02.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	5423   Click image for larger version

Name:	ShihTzu03.jpg
Views:	543
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	5424   Click image for larger version

Name:	ketam_09.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	153.3 KB
ID:	5426  
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies

Last edited by FurKids; 05-22-2009 at 03:44 PM.
Old 05-22-2009, 03:39 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Default Another Try, Go! Angels,Go!

Thursday, May 21, 2009
Go! Angels,Go!

Another Try.

The entire team of FFF met again in a larger force this morning at the Port.

Sabrina's presence and assurance gave us hope to search harder and harder they did.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	TheATeam.jpeg
Views:	88
Size:	80.8 KB
ID:	5425  
Old 05-22-2009, 03:47 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Default Another Try, Go! Angels,Go!

The entire team of ladies carried an additional kayak on to our boat
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Kayak01.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	5427  
Old 05-22-2009, 03:51 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Default Another Try, Go! Angels, Go!

Easy does it.........
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Kayak02.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	15.7 KB
ID:	5428  
Old 05-22-2009, 03:56 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Default Another Try, Go! Angels, Go!

There....masuk already!

.....and off they went to our base (kelong) opposite Hells Island in Pulau Ketam...(Drat...... that name again)

These are truly our Angels.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Kayak03.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	5430   Click image for larger version

Name:	kayak.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	5432  
Old 05-22-2009, 04:58 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Default Re: Pulau Ketam & MPK Klang Dump Dogs in Uninhabited Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by baca882004 View Post
Kuning needs a collar. As does Hitam, so that they will not be mistaken for strays that need rescuing. Because Kuning & Hitam, from what I read, does swim over to the island frequently. So I assume they do run around Hells Island so it's really important to mark them as "Rescuers" too. Hope he comes home safely.
I guess everyone's top priority had been to save the lives of those poor dogs so that is why no one got around to that, which is understandable enough.

Additionally, Kuning and Hitam have been such heroes throughout the rescue, they would have stood out like shinning stars with all the exposure and their well-fed appearance would have signified that they are owned even though they are without collars and license tags (hey, they are co-owned by those poor, ignorant fishermen of you-know-where ...).

Anyway, I pray that Kuning and Hitam (especially Kuning, now that he is missing) will not end up a casualty of sorts ....
Old 05-22-2009, 10:08 PM
PetFinder Moderator

dog is my buddy has disabled reputation

Finally able can get 8 bag(118.5kg) Shampoo 6(4.5 liter)and special gifts one dog shirt for small dog and one hardness.

Sometimes,things in life are out of our control. We just need to accept the fact.
Rocky, Ricky and Rusty is my best friend.
Old 05-22-2009, 10:17 PM
PetFinder Moderator

dog is my buddy has disabled reputation

Sound great to heard that, I not much receive donate from public, forum friends, and online friends. Whole 2 week able can get get 8 bag(118.5kg) Shampoo 6(4.5 liter).

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurKids View Post
Yes, Silverlast, same with me ... my heart goes out for them because irresponsible humans are responsible for the destitute position that they are in yet are denied of the love, kindness and compassion due them simply because they are not pretty enough or their fur not long enough, like our beautiful (in my non-myopic eyes) local domestic cats many of which are dumped everywhere ... busy highways, deserted places with no food and water, roadsides, office pavements, wet markets, garbage dumps, etc. (many heavily pregnant females in the advanced stage of pregnancy even, and some having just given birth to 6-7 tiny kittens with eyes yet opened and crying in hunger!) which end up as strays.

Such is the extent of cruelty by living beings lucky enough to be made humans by God ... but have absolutely no respect for life!

Sometimes,things in life are out of our control. We just need to accept the fact.
Rocky, Ricky and Rusty is my best friend.
Old 05-23-2009, 01:53 PM
PetFinder Guru

melmel is on a distinguished road

SPCA chairman Chin adopts two rejected ‘island’ canines
NADIRAH H. RODZI
Malay Mail Friday, May 22nd, 2009

WHEN Christina Chin set eyes on two dogs rescued from an island off Pulau Ketam, she knew she had to own them.
"They are just adorable," said Chin, who named the two female dogs Piccola and Piccolo.

Piccola is a two-year-old bitch and Piccolo, believed to be Piccola's baby, is only a few months old.

Asked why she decided to adopt the dogs, Chin, who is the chairman of the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals said: "Piccola and Piccolo touched me in a way I can't describe. When I laid my eyes on them I was possessed. Maybe it was their eyes and the way they looked at me."

She said usually, when there was a problem regarding animals, the SPCA would help to find places for them to stay.

"Once in a while I would adopt a dog, but never two at the same time," she said.
She added that Piccolo was in a slightly better condition than her mother who had a bad skin condition
when first rescued.

"Picollo was traumatised and depressed while Piccola was nervous and fierce.

"It was understandable because on the island they were fighting for survival. They looked very sad.

"Both dogs were scared of my presence and subdued. But now, they're becoming a little more active.

Although they are still traumatised, they have opened up a bit," she said.

What happened to the dogs of Pulau Ketam recently touched a lot of people, even those who do not have pets.
Chin said the people felt the pain and agony of the 300 dogs abandoned on an uninhabited island off Pulau Ketam without food and water and left to fend for themselves.

Since then, efforts have been made to find and bring the dogs back. Some have already been brought back and are being cared for by SPCA and other animal welfare organisations.

"It's sad to see these lovable animals suffer. You can actually hear them cry from far away," said Chin.
While many are furious with the action taken by the villagers of the island for abandoning man's best friend on the deserted island, many are now lending a hand.

Two dogs were rescued on May 11 and another 10 dogs were rescued a few days later.

They are currently being treated mostly by the SPCA for dehydration, food deprivation and depression.

Below : EAT UP: Chin feeding her adopted dog from Pulau Ketam
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Ketam 60.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	27.3 KB
ID:	5434  
Old 05-23-2009, 01:58 PM
PetFinder Guru

melmel is on a distinguished road

BRAVO SPCA

On d effort putting by SPCA on P.Ketam stray control mission. SPCA receive 600 animals every mth, spay 350 animals every mth , inspect 70 cruelty cases every mth , rehome countless animals, conduct home visit after rehoming besides holding many educational talks on pet ownership responsibility .
Old 05-25-2009, 10:02 AM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Unhappy Has anyone seen Kuning?

Kuning, the world is pinning for you ... come home, our darling Pulau Ketam hero boboy !!!!

From http://www.mycen.com.my/rescue/updates.html

Saturday, 23/05/09:

Feeling Their Pain

A distraught Panjang (one of the Indonesian workers) on the fish farm just called me asking if we have located their beloved Kuning. Below is a picture I took of Bono and Kuning being interviewed by RTM on May 13th 2009. Kuning is currently missing and is believed to be dognapped.

Recognisable feature: Kuning has a scar on the tummy near his right hind leg.

Updates by TV Smith
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Kuning01.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	5439   Click image for larger version

Name:	KuningScar02.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	68.9 KB
ID:	5440   Click image for larger version

Name:	KuningScar03.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	5441   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kuning04.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	5442   Click image for larger version

Name:	kuning.jpg
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	5443  

Name:	p10205801.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	5444   Click image for larger version

Name:	p10206001.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	5445   Click image for larger version

Name:	KningHtam.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	5446   Click image for larger version

Name:	p1020610-thumb.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	5447  

Last edited by FurKids; 05-25-2009 at 11:16 AM.
Old 05-25-2009, 11:00 AM
Animal Lover

redzjack is on a distinguished road

And with the approval of the Klang Municipal Council (MPK), the villagers recently swung into action to get rid of the stray dogs - they caught the dogs and shipped them off to a nearby uninhabited Pulau Tengah. To date, they have trapped and abandoned about 400 stray dogs in Pulau Tengah.

penduduk at PK dah tak der otak... MPK masih ikut tak der otak way to approved?!

DAMN!
Old 05-25-2009, 11:49 AM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Unhappy Kuning boboy darling ... our hearts ache for you !!!!

Kuning boboy, our little darling hero of Pulau Ketam ... all our hearts ache for you !!!! We miss you so ... life is not the same out there without you ... you are our inspiration and our joy ... our balm for the pain in our hearts for your unfortunate suffering kind out there, especially those that we try so hard but could not save, dying right in front of us before our very eyes ....

Come home soon, little darling ... we need you so in the rescue ... your suffering kind on the islands need you too for the encouragement, coaxing and confidence to come forward towards humans again ....

Come home, Kuning darling ....
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	kuning001.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	5448  
Old 05-25-2009, 12:29 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Unhappy Kuning, everybody needs you in Pulau Ketam ...

Kuning, everybody needs you in Pulau Ketam ... come back here where you belong !!!!! You ain't no abandoned stray of Pulau Ketam ... you are PART OF THE RESCUE TEAM !!!!!

From http://www.enewsletter.com.my/newsletter/N1672.html
Day 2: Another Day At The Swamps
Friday, 8th May 2009

Part of the team set up the dog trap, and laid out batches of food on PVC sheets around the only landing area (where the dogs had been abandoned initially). Some walked 20-30 metres deeper into the mangroves, placing smaller bags of dog food on planks. We could hear dogs, but we couldn't get near them. Kuning (a dog adopted by the kelong workers) appeared, and his antics calmed our nerves, and helped us relax a little – even though we were acutely aware that we were in a very risky situation.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	kuning002.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	5453  
Old 05-25-2009, 04:29 PM
Banned

Pawprints is on a distinguished road
Default Re: A Sorry State ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by t.ruth View Post
sorry DIMB, although your question is directed to Furkid, i'll be a kehpoh and say that donate to Furry Friends Farm. i for one am not willing to donate money for 1.6 million bungalow to be purchased to be used as office......more to follow. now the main thing is to save the dogs.

anyway, help sabrina to rescue the animals. that's the main thing now. i've been to FFF and she is sure doing a good job - literally running a one-man show on weekdays with a small number of volunteers on weekends. yet, the animals are well taken care of with more than enough to eat and happy. she has no big group of volunteers and she slogs for the animals. this, i've seen with my own eyes. that's why, i'll try in whatever way i can to get food, supplements, shampoo, etc. for her rescued dogs.

cheers for sabrina and tvsmith for initiating the rescue mission. i'm sure they will be blessed and may the next tsunami sees Pulau Ketam wiped off the map.
Hahahahahhaaaaa!!! Nice one, this, Ruth!
Old 05-26-2009, 09:17 AM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Thumbs up Rescue Team Champions Kuning and Hitam In Action - 1

Rescue Team Champions Kuning and Hitam In Action Saving Their 4-Legged Friend Grace ...

From http://furryfriendsfarm2006.blogspot.com/

Kuning and Hitam (fish farm's dogs) welcoming Grace as she swims over from the hell island
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	KuningHitam01.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	5475  

Last edited by FurKids; 05-26-2009 at 09:26 AM.
Old 05-26-2009, 09:23 AM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Thumbs up Rescue Team Champions Kuning and Hitam In Action - 2

Rescue Team Champions Kuning and Hitam In Action Saving Their 4-Legged Friend Grace ...

Grace arriving at the fish farm
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	GraceArrv.jpg
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	5476  
Old 05-26-2009, 09:26 AM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Thumbs up Rescue Team Champions Kuning and Hitam In Action - 3

Kuning and Hitam brought Grace to eat fish under the small hut
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	GraceEatFish.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	5477  
Old 05-26-2009, 09:29 AM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Thumbs up Rescue Team Champions Kuning and Hitam In Action - 4

Kuning and Hitam went to alert fisherman
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	KuningHitamAlert.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	5478  
Closed Thread