Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > The Animal Corner > Cats & Kittens > Health, Disease & Diet

Health, Disease & Diet Find out the best tips and practices on managing your cat's diet, health care, and issues with diseases from our community of animal lovers

Old 03-30-2009, 03:01 PM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road
Default Cat with Gingivitis problem

Hello!! Friends,

My neighbour,Ms Yap rescued an old female cat.She sent the cat for dewormed,vaccination and neuter.But only after neuter her the vet told her this old cat have Gingivitis problem and having difficulty to eat.Ms Yap lived with her mother in law who dislike cat.The cat tend to sneak into her apartment the moment she open her door.The cat will walloped all the kibbles for Ms Yap's cat.Since she has gingivitis the cat having difficulty to chew the kibbles, her saliva is all over the floor. Ms Yap can't keep this cat because she has already 3 cats and 1 of the cat infected with AIDS.

She asked me if there any no kill shelter in KL or Selangor can help care for this cat and she will pay for the medical bill etc.

Pls PM me if you anyone of you happen to know no kill shelter in KL or Selangor.
Old 03-30-2009, 04:09 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

FurKids is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Cat with Gingivitis problem

June, the condition can be treated but it can also be a chronic problem in some cats, especially older cats ... kesian the cat, it is very painful, get it treated ASAP and in the meantime give it soft wet food sebab dia tak leh kunyah, sakit! If there is plaque on her teeth it can be cleaned by a good vet under anesthetic.

One of my neigbour's beautiful cat (mereka tak jaga dia sangat because they now sayang her less because she is an older cat) suffered the same problem. I spayed her and she lingered around my house like a full PR and I noticed her painful problem last year.

I took her to the vet and fed her a full course of her medication. She is now eating well and the problem, thank God sampai sekarang has not recurred. I put her on dry kibbles because it helps keep the teeth cleaner and less plaque formation.

Better for Ms Yap to treat the cat and continue feeding the poor old cat in the area, ask her to persuade her mother in law to be kind ... it is very, very stressful and kesian to relocate especially such an old cat because cats are very territorial ... you go and put an old woman in a nursing home with full facilities pun dia tak mau, you know ... pujuk Ms Yap to continue to care for the poor old girl in her area la, June, kesian kucing tu ...

... at least if the cat is near Ms Yap, the next time if the gingivitis problem recurs, Ms Yap can help her rather than kucing tu diletak di tempat lain and she will suffer very much because not many people actually bother to care for such an aged cat.

Nanti kita pun tua juga one day, kita pun akan ada banyak aged-related problems. Nanti Ms Yap akan dapat pahala for doing something good, bawa kucing tu jumpa Dr. Netto di Klinik Perkhidmatan Haiwan di PJ.

Tell Ms. Yap a cat is actually very, very easy to take care of ... mak mertua tu buat pekak telinga ajer laaa ...
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies

Last edited by FurKids; 03-30-2009 at 04:18 PM.
Old 03-30-2009, 04:55 PM
Animal Lover

/tks FK. I will pass your advice to her.If she really can't take care of the cat,the next person will be me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurKids View Post
June, the condition can be treated but it can also be a chronic problem in some cats, especially older cats ... kesian the cat, it is very painful, get it treated ASAP and in the meantime give it soft wet food sebab dia tak leh kunyah, sakit! If there is plaque on her teeth it can be cleaned by a good vet under anesthetic.

One of my neigbour's beautiful cat (mereka tak jaga dia sangat because they now sayang her less because she is an older cat) suffered the same problem. I spayed her and she lingered around my house like a full PR and I noticed her painful problem last year.

I took her to the vet and fed her a full course of her medication. She is now eating well and the problem, thank God sampai sekarang has not recurred. I put her on dry kibbles because it helps keep the teeth cleaner and less plaque formation.

Better for Ms Yap to treat the cat and continue feeding the poor old cat in the area, ask her to persuade her mother in law to be kind ... it is very, very stressful and kesian to relocate especially such an old cat because cats are very territorial ... you go and put an old woman in a nursing home with full facilities pun dia tak mau, you know ... pujuk Ms Yap to continue to care for the poor old girl in her area la, June, kesian kucing tu ...

... at least if the cat is near Ms Yap, the next time if the gingivitis problem recurs, Ms Yap can help her rather than kucing tu diletak di tempat lain and she will suffer very much because not many people actually bother to care for such an aged cat.

Nanti kita pun tua juga one day, kita pun akan ada banyak aged-related problems. Nanti Ms Yap akan dapat pahala for doing something good, bawa kucing tu jumpa Dr. Netto di Klinik Perkhidmatan Haiwan di PJ.

Tell Ms. Yap a cat is actually very, very easy to take care of ... mak mertua tu buat pekak telinga ajer laaa ...
Old 04-02-2009, 02:26 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

FurKids is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Cat with Gingivitis problem

Try to persuade Ms Yap to continue caring for the cat sebab you already have too many cats, nanti for the sake of one more cat, all your existing kids suffer badly, PP and Pokemon are special needs boboys, Mokmok is getting along in years ... cats are very territorial, kesian betul mereka nanti ... your house is really, really full ... that is why it is so important and urgent for SPCA to go educate the adults in housing areas and residential community committees to get animal-hating residents to leave the strays alone (jangan main buang-membuang kat pasar, warong, tepi jalan, hutan, dsbnya) and make a joint effort to do TNR for all the strays in the neighbourhood in order to effectively control the strays population and reduce the suffering.
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
Old 04-03-2009, 11:10 AM
Animal Lover

FK,Good news.Ms Yap will take care of this cat.She said very kasianlah to put her in the shelter because the cat is already old. So legalah

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurKids View Post
Try to persuade Ms Yap to continue caring for the cat sebab you already have too many cats, nanti for the sake of one more cat, all your existing kids suffer badly, PP and Pokemon are special needs boboys, Mokmok is getting along in years ... cats are very territorial, kesian betul mereka nanti ... your house is really, really full ... that is why it is so important and urgent for SPCA to go educate the adults in housing areas and residential community committees to get animal-hating residents to leave the strays alone (jangan main buang-membuang kat pasar, warong, tepi jalan, hutan, dsbnya) and make a joint effort to do TNR for all the strays in the neighbourhood in order to effectively control the strays population and reduce the suffering.