Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Reviews, Notices & Stories > Hall of Shame

Hall of Shame There are lots of cruel and inconsiderate people out there. Expose their cruel deeds to the world and let them be shamed!

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 09:39 PM
PetFinder Buddy

ChewChew1987 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Pulau Ketam & MPK Klang Dump Dogs in Uninhabited Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
Stupid, useless, MPK council people who sent the dogs there. Wasted tax payers money then do nothing. On top of that, let the tax payers clean up their dirty work.

I would rather spend my tax that I paid to ferry these MPK people to the hell island and live with the dogs for a few days. See how they like it.

Idiots. SHAME ON YOU, MPK !
Totally agree!!

Few days ago i read about the news in newspaper about a group of people from all sort of animal protection organisation or something like tat. They are all called for meeting to solve the problem about this issue. No one offered any good solution.

Then the authoriy said that they have no EXTRA FUND to launch the rescue mission so the funds and everything matter will have to be through donation......

No extra fund?????????? F you man.

Look at all the big houses you people live in.
The big cars
The big gold stuff on your fingers

Why don't each and everyone of you donated RM 1,000 ? I think that will be enough to support the mission till the end.

Hahaha..when hell freeze over.
Old 05-16-2009, 12:10 AM
PetFinder Moderator

dog is my buddy has disabled reputation

I got volunteer do collect and delivery dog foods at KL area, I got news some KL resident interested do donate to me.

Sometimes,things in life are out of our control. We just need to accept the fact.
Rocky, Ricky and Rusty is my best friend.
Old 05-18-2009, 06:51 AM
PetFinder Buddy

baca882004 is on a distinguished road

One more thing : P.Ketam Resident Association headed by Mr Tee? Please tell this Association to "cough" up money and man-power to save the dog first. Please also tell us how many dogs the Association managed to save so far and what their future plans are.

Please contribute first, show that you can do the work (like FFF) before asking people to transfer money to your Association.
Old 05-18-2009, 10:10 AM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

FurKids is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie007 View Post
I think people think female dogs will dirty their place once a month....so maybe they need to be educated regarding this issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by baca882004 View Post
Where got once a month. Once every six months for dogs lah. Hai Yoh!!
The village head punya bini once a month got laaa ..... hahahahhahahaa!!!! Sakit perut saya ....
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
Old 05-18-2009, 02:45 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Default The Story of Serene Adrienne

From http://joyce-tedoen.com/new-found-family/

The Story of Serene Adrienne

Hi everyone, this is Serene Adrianne, a survivor of the Hell Island, Pulau Tengah!

I’m sorry I couldn’t get a better photo of her, because she was traumatized (judging from her behavior and looks) so I don’t want to stick around with my speedlite ready and wait for her best pose.

- - Joyce's Blog
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SereneAdrienne.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	342.5 KB
ID:	5307  
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies

Last edited by FurKids; 05-18-2009 at 02:52 PM.
Old 05-18-2009, 02:50 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

At about 4.20pm today (Sunday, 17 May), Terrance (or better known as TV Smith) found out there’s a rescued dog left at Perlabuhan Klang, along with the cage. He managed to get a volunteer, a kind uncle called Donald, to find and secure it. Luckily he was there to move the dog from the jetty, else she'll be baked to death. We acted as the emergency dispatch, and delivered the dog to Furry Friends Farm.

First we tried Adrian’s car, but the cage didn’t fit.

- - Joyce's Blog
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	AdrianCar.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	338.1 KB
ID:	5308  
Old 05-18-2009, 02:56 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

So we tried Michelle’s.
And it worked!

- - Joyce's Blog
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	MichelleCar.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	350.1 KB
ID:	5309   Click image for larger version

Name:	MichelleCar2.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	302.1 KB
ID:	5310  
Old 05-18-2009, 03:00 PM
Founder, PetFinder.my

AndyKoh has disabled reputation

Guys,

This thread has certainly gone off topic again, and all we see are people too eager to participate in spreading unverified facts and causing heated arguments between supporters of different NGOs.

This is not the time nor place to go into such unnecessary disputes, and it would only result in less effective cooperation and results among all the organizations and volunteers who have been working hard to resolve the urgent problem.

If you have any dissatisfactions with a particular organization or questions to raise, please get in touch with them directly and get a definitive answer instead of speculating it here.

I wish to emphasize that PetFinder is a neutral community focused on uniting ALL animal lovers, and we will not tolerate any person that is trying to cause partisan sentiments by segmenting people into opposing groups.

I have already removed all the unnecessary posts, and we shall keep this thread SOLELY for updates and relevant suggestions.
Old 05-18-2009, 03:05 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Default Serene arriving at FFF

From http://www.mycen.com.my/rescue/updates.html

Serene arriving at FFF

Everyone was excited of the dog’s arrival. Then, someone suggested we name her Adrian, which later became Adrianne because of gender issue. What we didn’t know was, Donald already named her Serene back at the jetty. So now, her offcial name is Serene Adrianne.

"She was all alone, she was calm and quiet. She was friendly. Despite of what she went through on Hell's Island, she looks very forgiving..." Donald wrote in his blog.

It is heartening to see young and old working together to help the rescued animals. Donald & Lucy were babysitting Serene at the Port. Adrian and his gang were in Furry Friends Farm. They rushed to meet Donald and to bring her back in their Kenari. It is a Sunday and all the vets had closed earlier and hired transport unavailable. We didn't know Donald and Lucy had named her Serene when we named her Adrianne in honour of Adrian and friends.

So she's Serene Adrianne.

Updates by TV Smith
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	sereneFFF.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	5312   Click image for larger version

Name:	SabrinaCollaborate1.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	364.7 KB
ID:	5313   Click image for larger version

Name:	Candid1.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	288.3 KB
ID:	5314   Click image for larger version

Name:	candid2.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	359.0 KB
ID:	5315   Click image for larger version

Name:	serene2.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	5316  

Old 05-18-2009, 03:11 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Default Overall, a happy day

Overall, a happy day

1. We helped with the rice packs.

2. We helped with “solidifying” the muddy part under the cages which was covered with poo, after we moved the cages away. We put them back in place afterward, of course.

3. We talked with Sabrina. I’m glad to announce that we are now officially collaborating with Furry Friends Farm.

- - Joyce's Blog
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Poo.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	393.7 KB
ID:	5317   Click image for larger version

Name:	RicePacks.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	388.5 KB
ID:	5318   Click image for larger version

Name:	candid3.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	322.2 KB
ID:	5319  
Old 05-18-2009, 03:15 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Default Meet Grace and Hope at The FFF Sanctuary

Monday, 18/05/09:

Grace & Hope

Meet Grace and Hope at The FFF Sanctuary. When I visited yesterday, they were frolicking happily with the many other rescued animals taking shelter there. It seems unimaginable that about two weeks ago they were stuck in a hell hole awaiting death. They are still a little suspicious of humans. Given time and the supportive environment, I am hopeful they and the other rescued swamp dogs will recover fully from their shocking ordeal.

Hope (right) was the first dog plucked from the mangroves when me, Sabrina (pictured above) and Daniel circled the island on May 2nd.

Grace was the dog that swarm to the fish farm and the one Donald took to the vet to remove all the flesh-eating maggots.

Updates by TV Smith
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	grace_hope.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	5320  
Old 05-18-2009, 03:28 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Quote:
Originally Posted by melmel View Post
mrsdolittle,
u shd ask furkids 2 join u too. he always emphasizes on d important of TNR bla bla
So, Melmel, is that what TNR is to you (I hope not at SPCA) even now, after all the suffering at Pulau Ketam? All bla-bla? This is a sad day indeed!
Old 05-18-2009, 03:43 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Default Silent Life Savers

Sunday, 17/05/09

Silent Life Savers

Without fuss or publicity, many of our volunteers do the critical work quietly in the background.

Pictures below show diver Er Win is filling fresh water and placing food on the new floating platforms build by Marjorie and Karin, and volunteer Joanne at the jetty receiving the two girls caught last Friday night.

Updates & Pic by Daniel Tang and Connie
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	er_win.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	5321   Click image for larger version

Name:	joanne.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	5322  
Old 05-19-2009, 12:49 PM
Animal Lover

Dr. Gorman is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Meet Grace and Hope at The FFF Sanctuary

I don't know, but those dogs actually look happy to me! They certainly look a lot more trusting and well cared for than they were at the vets or on the island, what do you think?

And right now, I'd rather Sabrina be out on the island rescuing where she can do the most good. Evidently, the groups are working together better and all three NGO's are sharing space on the fishermen's jumping off place and sharing traps. The municipal council hasn't lifted a finger or spent any money that I've heard. Anyone else?
Old 05-19-2009, 03:48 PM
Petfinder Moderator

blackie007 has disabled reputation

wow, I didn't know even this thread could have "fights" (from Andy's post)? looks like I missed the action.

anyway, I think it's not right that people are focusing on trying to bad-mouth one party or the other. I have received such emails (quite a bit of them), with one party accusing another, and I have simply deleted them.

this is not the place and time to have "politics".....the only one that suffers are the dogs, not FFF or SPCA, so please bear this in mind before anyone decides to forward this kind of emails.
Old 05-19-2009, 04:46 PM
Petfinder Moderator

blackie007 has disabled reputation

Extracted from Malay Mail at http://www.mmail.com.my/content/long...an-island-dogs

Long-term plan for island dogs
Tuesday, May 19th, 2009 06:31:00

A LONG-term plan to deal with abandoned dogs on Pulau Ketam was agreed upon by a committee yesterday.

The committee included representatives of non-governmental organisations and officers from the Department of Veterinary Services. It was chaired by Pulau Ketam councillor Wong Siah Ping.

The meeting started on a sour note, as members expressed dissatisfaction with the presence of an NGO member, not elected last week in an open meeting, in the committee.

However, the situation calmed down as Furry Friends Farm said the NGO member was part of its entourage.

Two proposals were discussed yesterday and the committee agreed to use a joint structure plan based on both proposals.

Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (SPCA) proposed a census of the dog population, to be carried out under the guidelines of the World Society for the Protection of Animals.

Besides this, SPCA will set up a holding area to temporarily accommodate stray dogs that are caught.

Save a Stray Bhd, on the other hand, proposed that dogs on the island be vaccinated and neutered before being sent to the mainland.

Also, both NGOs were firm on their stand, that they would only help the fishermen of Pulau Ketam if all dogs, including the ones with owners, were neutered.SPCA chairman Christine Chin said: "We found that most of the stray dogs have long fur, similar to the ones that have owners.

Therefore, we are adamant that all dogs on the island should be spayed."SAS founder Jacqueline Tsang echoed Chin's comments and added: "We will also start educating the residents of Pulau Ketam on this matter. First, we will give out informational brochures before having a dialogue session with them."

In total, 31 dogs have been rescued ever since hundreds of dogs were abandoned on an uninhabited island near Pulau Ketam. Last week, an open door meeting was called and a committee was formed to tackle the issue.

This was followed by a visit by the Department of Veterinary director-general Datuk Dr Aziz Jamluddin to the island last Saturday.

He was deeply saddened after seeing the conditions of the dogs.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:05 PM
PetFinder Buddy

ChewChew1987 is on a distinguished road

I am glad that more and more dogs are being rescued. I hope one day, all the dogs in Hell Island will be saved soon.

I also heard some people whispering about this and that regarding the rescue mission, but don't pay them any attention. Just let us focus on doing our best and rescue the dogs.

By the way, anyone knows the exact location of FFF ? I wanna visit there but i coun't find it...
Old 05-19-2009, 11:54 PM
Animal Lover

junechin is on a distinguished road

Hi ChewChew 1987,

Glad to hear u would like to volunteer your time in FFF. It's somewhere in Sungai Buloh. U will need to get permission to go FFF. After getting permission, u will have to ask for direction to the shelter. Pls visit http://www.furryfriendsfarm2006.blogspot.com/ for more info. My friends and I are going on the 24th May. If u are free on that day, u are welcome to join us.
Old 05-20-2009, 01:13 AM
Animal Lover

silverlast is on a distinguished road

hi everyone

i am from singapore & would like to donate dog food to these poor farm to Furry friends.

I have checked with them and the person in charge replied to me they are in need of dog food. She asked me to order from the suppliers in Msia/KL and deliver to them

As I dont stay there and i do not know of anyone in KL, anyone know who can i order from? are there some "designated" dog food suppliers that is reliable?

i can be reached at xintai@hotmail.com

hopefully more dogs can be rescued
Old 05-20-2009, 09:07 AM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Silverlast
Thank you so much and you are very kind indeed. May God bless you abundantly in return!

One pet supply shop that I know you can order from is SEA PARK PET SUPPLIES SDN. BHD. because a volunteer named Ms. Ashley Wong (ashleywongyc@gmail.com) can pick them up and send them to Furry Friends Farm (FFF).

Ashley shops and goes to that pet shop regularly (it is also a big importer and distributor of pet products and can give discounts) and Ashley has secured a pickup to help bring donations collected in KL over to FFF.

For supplies, you can talk to owners Mr. or Madam Chui of Seapark Pet Supplies.

Shop details:
Main Office
Park Pet Supplies Sdn. Bhd.
35&37, Jalan SS2/55
47300 Petaling Jaya
Selangor
Tel: 603-78740682, 78772032
Fax: 603-78755266
email: seaparkpet@lycos.com

Branch
22A, Jalan PJU 5/15
Dataran Sunway
Kota Damansara
47810 Petaling Jaya
Selangor
Tel: 603-61571257, 61570039

Last edited by FurKids; 05-20-2009 at 01:30 PM. Reason: corrected Ashley's email id to ashleywongyc@gmail.com
Closed Thread