Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > PetFinder Lounge > Coffee Room

Coffee Room Gossip on the latest topics or just mingle around and enjoy the atmosphere!

Old 08-14-2008, 02:32 AM
Petfinder Moderator

blackie007 has disabled reputation
Default A Puzzle - Test Your Investigative Skills

It's 2.19am, and with nothing better to do, I've decided to pose a question to anyone who has too much time on their hands and have nothing better to do.

If you get the answer right, well, you could always join me in the James Bond Club.

Q. Why do I like to use the years 1964 and 2007 in anything that needs a year to be filled out? What are those years significant for?

To help you get started, they have nothing to do with me, the real person in the real world, but everything to do with my cyber personality. You may search the Internet for the answers. So, have fun while I go back into the real world and look for some food.
Old 08-14-2008, 10:53 AM
Petfinder Moderator

Default Re: A Puzzle - Test Your Investigative Skills

What, still no takers? Aiyoh, sad lah, nobody is interested in being a spy or investigator.......
Old 08-15-2008, 12:17 PM
Petfinder Moderator

Default James Bond trivia

Still no takers...........nobody wants to play this game with me....either you're all so busy at work, or the questions are too hard..........hmmmm.

Okay, let me help you with the easier question first.......the year 1964.

That was the year Sean Connery made that James Bond movie, GOLD FINGER. You know how corporations give the golden handshake to their employees? Well, I'm giving the golden finger when I used the year 1964.

Now, year 2007? Well, you'll have to use your imagination. Try reading it out loud, and then see how it could be pronounced another way.....

Come, friends, humour me larr...........I promise not to laugh at wrong answers.
Old 08-15-2008, 12:23 PM
CEO, EzerNET

Ezer has disabled reputation
Default Re: James Bond trivia

Double O Seven??

I knew gold finger came out in 1964 but that's hardly connected to the year... I mean unless you want to stretch it!
Old 08-15-2008, 01:39 PM
Petfinder Moderator

Correct!!! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezer View Post
Double O Seven??
Huh? Not connected? Then what year should I use to connect to Gold Finger?! Err, not an idle question, I do want the answer.........it's what I use a lot when I want to give my hubby the gold finger, in a nice, friendly way, of course. Well, I alternate between saying gold finger and 1964......hehehehe!

Quote:
I knew gold finger came out in 1964 but that's hardly connected to the year... I mean unless you want to stretch it!
Old 08-15-2008, 07:58 PM
CEO, EzerNET

Ezer has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie007 View Post
Correct!!! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP!

Huh? Not connected? Then what year should I use to connect to Gold Finger?! Err, not an idle question, I do want the answer.........it's what I use a lot when I want to give my hubby the gold finger, in a nice, friendly way, of course. Well, I alternate between saying gold finger and 1964......hehehehe!
I mean, I did try to solve your puzzle, but it's impossible because you're putting 2 years up there to solve and everyone will think that there's a connection between the years and your 'James Bond fanaticism'.. so, after doing some research, I see no connection between the years itself.

I first guessed that the first year would be the first James Bond, and perhaps the last year would have been Daniel Craig's first movie, ie, the How James Bond became James Bond, ie, both FIRSTs..

But then found that Daniel Craig's James Bond was in 2006, instead of 2007, so no connection...
Old 08-15-2008, 10:39 PM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road
Default A Puzzle - Test Your Investigative Skills

Blackie,so sorry ah! but I have to agree with Ezer
Old 08-16-2008, 02:26 PM
Petfinder Moderator

Default Re: A Puzzle - Test Your Investigative Skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezer View Post
I mean, I did try to solve your puzzle, but it's impossible because you're putting 2 years up there to solve and everyone will think that there's a connection between the years and your 'James Bond fanaticism'.. so, after doing some research, I see no connection between the years itself.

I first guessed that the first year would be the first James Bond, and perhaps the last year would have been Daniel Craig's first movie, ie, the How James Bond became James Bond, ie, both FIRSTs..

But then found that Daniel Craig's James Bond was in 2006, instead of 2007, so no connection...
Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
Blackie,so sorry ah! but I have to agree with Ezer
My sincerest apologies to both of you........it didn't occur to me that you guys would be approaching it from a logical, orderly manner. My hubby would be only too happy to tell you that I am not known for my orderly mind.....at best, my mind is orderly in a disorganized manner, switching from one topic to the next in mere seconds. (Err, that's also what my desk at home looks like....an organized chaos.....it's a mess to anyone who looks, but I know exactly where everything is.) So sorry.