Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Pet Welfare, Rescue & Adoption > Animal Organizations & Societies > SPCA

SPCA All discussions and information related to the non-profit SPCA organization. SPCA is the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #121  
Old 04-21-2009, 12:16 PM
mrsdolittle's Avatar
mrsdolittle mrsdolittle is offline
PetFinder Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: BENTONG PAHANG
Posts: 696
Rep Power: 12
mrsdolittle is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Spca ampang in need of more adopters...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurKids View Post
Num, make sure you have fliers to inspire in the community a deep respect for life so that all living creatures may live together in harmony, that it is alright for strays not to have a human house address and that it is not alright to dump it, hurt or kill it simply because it is a poor stray, that it has a right to good food and clean water, that it is not alright to harass June and co for feeding and caring for it, not ok to throw away or trample on her expensive BW kibbles earned with her blood sweat and tears, not ok to throw away her food and water bowls also bought with her hard earned $$ through her blood sweat and tears, that it is not ok to pick up the poor kittens and lock them in an empty house and starve them to death simply becos they were too young and didn't know better, probably had stomach upset and messed up the corridors, etc. etc.
Well, lets wait for June's reply...
__________________

...THE DAY I KNOW THE MEANING OF TRUE LOVE, LOYALTY, TRUST AND FRIENDSHIP...
...TIGER IN MEMORY...
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 04-21-2009, 12:22 PM
June June is offline
Animal Lover
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Tmn Shamelin Perkasa-Kota Kinabalu
Posts: 6,004
Rep Power: 0
June is on a distinguished road
Default Spca ampang in need of more adopters...

Kak Anum,saya dah respons kat mana area rmh saya.apa yg FK cakap tu ttg flyers yg akak nak antar.that is exactly yg saya nak. semalam jiran saya jeling suami saya sebab dia tengah feed strays kat parking kita org.org yg sama complain dgn management pasal kucing2 saya.pdhal kita tak kacau dia pun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsdolittle View Post
Well, lets wait for June's reply...
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 04-21-2009, 12:43 PM
mrsdolittle's Avatar
mrsdolittle mrsdolittle is offline
PetFinder Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: BENTONG PAHANG
Posts: 696
Rep Power: 12
mrsdolittle is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Spca ampang in need of more adopters...

Quote:
Originally Posted by melmel View Post
my rescued cat - Titi ?
Dear Mel,

We have put up TITI in the adoption list in Petfinder... by God's willing we will push TITI for adoption...

WE PRAY HARD YA...I am sure there will be an adopter soon...
__________________

...THE DAY I KNOW THE MEANING OF TRUE LOVE, LOYALTY, TRUST AND FRIENDSHIP...
...TIGER IN MEMORY...
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 04-21-2009, 12:45 PM
mrsdolittle's Avatar
mrsdolittle mrsdolittle is offline
PetFinder Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: BENTONG PAHANG
Posts: 696
Rep Power: 12
mrsdolittle is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Spca ampang in need of more adopters...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbpie View Post
i look forward to seeing this one day. kadang2 when i see ade coverage on spca on tv..i do get a little dissapointed that no one would want to talk about TNR, the responsibility of owning a pet n such..nothing. often terpikir juga..why no aggresive promo on this subject, macam org takut nak discuss in open. why?
BBPP,

Do not get kakak wrongly ya... the reply was dedicated to all readers and forumers... it does not meant only for you...

Chill ya...
__________________

...THE DAY I KNOW THE MEANING OF TRUE LOVE, LOYALTY, TRUST AND FRIENDSHIP...
...TIGER IN MEMORY...
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 04-21-2009, 02:24 PM
nivek's Avatar
nivek nivek is offline
PetFinder Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 128
Rep Power: 11
nivek is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Spca ampang in need of more adopters...

mrsdolittle - next time you're in Penang, I'm bringing you out for lunch
Reply With Quote
  #126  
Old 04-21-2009, 02:51 PM
mrsdolittle's Avatar
mrsdolittle mrsdolittle is offline
PetFinder Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: BENTONG PAHANG
Posts: 696
Rep Power: 12
mrsdolittle is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Spca ampang in need of more adopters...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbpie View Post
why do u keep saying we r whining n pointing fingers? arent we here discussing the options available? u keep saying, spca needs helps bla bla bla..ppl r giving feedbacks here, is that not helping? n number of them are helping the animals in their own way as well.

does this mean if d ppl xpigi sane they are considered as not helpful? m sorry ive been following the thread n i still dont understand why is it that u keep saying ppl point fingers at spca etc etc

i still do look forward to a more aggresive campaign for xkira sape pun, as long as d message goes tru, dr bandar ke seme ulu in malaysia kalu bule. not necessarily from spca (walau it would b a good place to start). mayb someone els will b able to explain ni lebih elok, m not very good in writing my tots..

well, i wish you and furkids will take over the government of Malaysia and all strays and abused animals will be safe from harm...
__________________

...THE DAY I KNOW THE MEANING OF TRUE LOVE, LOYALTY, TRUST AND FRIENDSHIP...
...TIGER IN MEMORY...
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old 04-21-2009, 02:53 PM
mrsdolittle's Avatar
mrsdolittle mrsdolittle is offline
PetFinder Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: BENTONG PAHANG
Posts: 696
Rep Power: 12
mrsdolittle is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Spca ampang in need of more adopters...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nivek View Post
mrsdolittle - next time you're in Penang, I'm bringing you out for lunch
Will let you know my dearest Nivek. You too tell me when you are in KL...
__________________

...THE DAY I KNOW THE MEANING OF TRUE LOVE, LOYALTY, TRUST AND FRIENDSHIP...
...TIGER IN MEMORY...
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old 04-21-2009, 02:56 PM
mrsdolittle's Avatar
mrsdolittle mrsdolittle is offline
PetFinder Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: BENTONG PAHANG
Posts: 696
Rep Power: 12
mrsdolittle is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Spca ampang in need of more adopters...

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
Kak Anum,saya dah respons kat mana area rmh saya.apa yg FK cakap tu ttg flyers yg akak nak antar.that is exactly yg saya nak. semalam jiran saya jeling suami saya sebab dia tengah feed strays kat parking kita org.org yg sama complain dgn management pasal kucing2 saya.pdhal kita tak kacau dia pun.
June, area you ada some sort of "Neighborhood / Residence Association" which we can approach?

Do you mind doing me a favor, finding this out and the PIC as well, plus the contact number.

We may have "Loving animal awareness day" there...
__________________

...THE DAY I KNOW THE MEANING OF TRUE LOVE, LOYALTY, TRUST AND FRIENDSHIP...
...TIGER IN MEMORY...
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old 04-21-2009, 03:14 PM
mrsdolittle's Avatar
mrsdolittle mrsdolittle is offline
PetFinder Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: BENTONG PAHANG
Posts: 696
Rep Power: 12
mrsdolittle is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Spca ampang in need of more adopters...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynielime View Post
mrs dolittle, you are soooo awesome!! absolutely love everything you have to say and i totally appreciate your efforts! i'm so tired of arguing with certain people in this forum and what you say perfectly encapsulates how i feel. thanks for showing people that spca is not doing nothing.. they have no idea how much is done there everyday because they don't bother to find out.
That is why we are all call "HUMAN"... We are "NO PERFECT" IN SO MANY WAYS...

But most people / human forget that it is important to be understanding... because understanding is forgiving....

Lynie, most human love to talk than doing or taking the real action, or at least FIND OUT THE TRUTH. They rather blab OUT OF TOPIC...

IT IS SO CLEAR THAT THE TITLE OF THIS FORUM IS ABOUT "GETTING MORE ADOPTERS FOR SPCA AMPANG"... WHICH MEANS, CALLING OUT HUMAN FRIENDS TO ADOPT THE ANIMALS FROM THE SHELTER...

Am not even asking or forcing anyone.. it is at their own free will...

So... whats the problem here?

GOD! PLEASE HELP THESE PEOPLE... TO SEE CLEARLY...
__________________

...THE DAY I KNOW THE MEANING OF TRUE LOVE, LOYALTY, TRUST AND FRIENDSHIP...
...TIGER IN MEMORY...
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old 04-21-2009, 03:25 PM
mrsdolittle's Avatar
mrsdolittle mrsdolittle is offline
PetFinder Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: BENTONG PAHANG
Posts: 696
Rep Power: 12
mrsdolittle is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Spca ampang in need of more adopters...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurKids View Post
Kak Anum, stop whining, we are about the Adult Community Education Program like HK SPCA is doing to "inspire in the community a deep respect for life so that all living creatures may live together in harmony" ... start with Taman Shamelin Perkasa, Cheras, kay?Kak Anum, we are talking about their successful managed stray colonies living among the community and their Adult Community Education Program to "inspire in the community a deep respect for life so that all living creatures may live together in harmony" ... so the community understand that it is not OK to kill off every stray in sight. Help what, Anum? Help you kill off the healthy strays that are unable to obtain a human house address and not allowed to live among the community? Thanks, but no thanks, Kak Anum.
That's what we have been doing ... so that they may live among us in the community without harassment simply because they are not good looking enuf to get a human house address ...Walk the talk, Num ... view things positively, stop whining, if your HK counterpart can do it, so can you ... Num, your number is small, many IPRs have much, much more than you ... of course we know it costs $$, all from our not so deep pockets, sdn. bhd ....

... Anumm make sure you neuter every single one of them (I remember you haven't done all your cats and they are still multiplying) and that will be your managed stray colony with yourself as caregiver ... in addition to that, you will still need the local SPCA to spearhead and do the Adult Community Education Program in your area like in HK to promote compassion and tolerance towards your managed stray colony among your neighbours just like is urgently needed everywhere else otherwise their lives (above the number "2") are still under threat every single day.
Furkids, relax boleh tak? Kenapa dengan adik akak yang seorang ni? Jangan jadi emotional sangat. Take a deep breath...

For your info my dogs and cats are all spayed and neutered... The number bertambah sebab i adopted more... stray dogs and cats... you mustn't jump to conclusion, since it may hurt others.

Well, i choose not to get hurt or getting angry, because what good will it do?

I am not whining... am telling you what is the real thing happening in HK SPCA.

If you can accept the fact that they only taking in "SELECTED ANIMALS", mostly the one yang "GOOD LOOKING"... I am very surprise... don't you think it it CRUEL?

Well buddy FK, yes!!! all shelters has their own sad-back... don't expect any perfectionsssssss.....
__________________

...THE DAY I KNOW THE MEANING OF TRUE LOVE, LOYALTY, TRUST AND FRIENDSHIP...
...TIGER IN MEMORY...
Reply With Quote
  #131  
Old 04-21-2009, 03:41 PM
FurKids's Avatar
FurKids FurKids is offline
Pets Are NOT Disposable
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,041
Rep Power: 14
FurKids is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Spca ampang in need of more adopters...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsdolittle View Post
well, i wish you and furkids will take over the government of Malaysia and all strays and abused animals will be safe from harm...
Don't shift things to the government because as HK SPCA announced, they did all of what they did WITHOUT much help from their government ... and succeeded.
__________________
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old 04-21-2009, 03:48 PM
nivek's Avatar
nivek nivek is offline
PetFinder Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 128
Rep Power: 11
nivek is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Spca ampang in need of more adopters...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurKids View Post
Don't shift things to the government because as HK SPCA announced, they did all of what they did WITHOUT much help from their government ... and succeeded.

What was the position of the HK council on strays?
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old 04-21-2009, 03:52 PM
mrsdolittle's Avatar
mrsdolittle mrsdolittle is offline
PetFinder Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: BENTONG PAHANG
Posts: 696
Rep Power: 12
mrsdolittle is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Spca ampang in need of more adopters...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbpie View Post
why do u keep saying we r whining n pointing fingers? arent we here discussing the options available? u keep saying, spca needs helps bla bla bla..ppl r giving feedbacks here, is that not helping? n number of them are helping the animals in their own way as well.

does this mean if d ppl xpigi sane they are considered as not helpful? m sorry ive been following the thread n i still dont understand why is it that u keep saying ppl point fingers at spca etc etc

i still do look forward to a more aggresive campaign for xkira sape pun, as long as d message goes tru, dr bandar ke seme ulu in malaysia kalu bule. not necessarily from spca (walau it would b a good place to start). mayb someone els will b able to explain ni lebih elok, m not very good in writing my tots..
Bro/Sis

Sorry, do not know your gender... Please read the title of this forum and the rest of the threads....

May be you won't be so lost...
__________________

...THE DAY I KNOW THE MEANING OF TRUE LOVE, LOYALTY, TRUST AND FRIENDSHIP...
...TIGER IN MEMORY...
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old 04-21-2009, 03:56 PM
daphne1985's Avatar
daphne1985 daphne1985 is offline
PetFinder Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: KL
Posts: 252
Rep Power: 0
daphne1985 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to daphne1985
Default Re: Spca ampang in need of more adopters...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurKids View Post
Help what, Anum? Help you kill off the healthy strays that are unable to obtain a human house address and not allowed to live among the community? Thanks, but no thanks, Kak Anum.
That's what we have been doing ... so that they may live among us in the community without harassment simply because they are not good looking enuf to get a human house address ...Walk the talk, Num ... view things positively, stop whining, if your HK counterpart can do it, so can you ... Num, your number is small, many IPRs have much, much more than you ... of course we know it costs $$, all from our not so deep pockets, sdn. bhd ....
My Big Brother (Anak Buluh),

Do u contribute any help to those animals? i mean those animals that stay in SPCA shelter? Or because u hate SPCA so u dont want to help those animals?If it is, then, u are so selfish! Animals are innocent...
Why, kak Anum ask u to give a simple help u will bla bla and bla..wut la..Hong Kong la...US la...bla this bla that...I feel you are very SElfish to those animals..Because of your personal thinking I feel weird about u coz u dont want to help but u like to blame them and complaint this and that and make whole Malaysian hate Malaysia...Like Hong Kong SPCA..bla bla bla... (some more ask help wut? OMG
Kak Anum so nice so polite ask u to come..she some more said my dear friends come and visit SPCA Shelter, give your best contribution, your best help ..not only money..come and help, dont always said about money la..no money also never mind, can help oso wut..I also poor like u mah..no money oso but I volunteer myself oso la..although not a big help.. a little bit a little bit also can. Okay, let me explain to you what the meaning of help: take care the animals, sayang them, help them to find a good home, promote to your neighbor about the animals, show them the cute photo..ask ppl come and come and give them home...These are just simple help..Why u cant do leh? U noe if the whole Malaysia thinking same like u then die ad lo..sure more animals going to suffer and dont even talk about TNR lo it will become impossible because of everyone as selfish as u lo...

I feel like talk to u even worst than talk to the cow.. at least cow can moo..mooo..do something and understand..
__________________
Yuuki, I will never forget u, u will always in my mind.
My soul toward all animals.
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old 04-21-2009, 04:02 PM
FurKids's Avatar
FurKids FurKids is offline
Pets Are NOT Disposable
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,041
Rep Power: 14
FurKids is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Spca ampang in need of more adopters...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsdolittle View Post
Furkids, relax boleh tak? Kenapa dengan adik akak yang seorang ni? Jangan jadi emotional sangat. Take a deep breath...
You think it is only me? Or you choose to see only me?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsdolittle View Post
For your info my dogs and cats are all spayed and neutered... The number bertambah sebab i adopted more... stray dogs and cats... you mustn't jump to conclusion, since it may hurt others.}
Anum sondri yang jawab sedemikian dulu when I asked whether you have neutered your cats, remember? Anum yg jawab ada beberapa ekor yg sudah dan ada yg belum. So sekarang semua sudah, bagus la.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsdolittle View Post
Well, i choose not to get hurt or getting angry, because what good will it do?
So that explains why nothing is done and will be done then.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsdolittle View Post
I am not whining... am telling you what is the real thing happening in HK SPCA. If you can accept the fact that they only taking in "SELECTED ANIMALS", mostly the one yang "GOOD LOOKING"... I am very surprise... don't you think it it CRUEL?
I am afraid that is your statement, not a fact. And I never did talk about nor am addressing the animals for adoption ... only the healthy strays that are killed/destroyed simply because they fail to get adopted (no human house address), stay focused, Num.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsdolittle View Post
Well buddy FK, yes!!! all shelters has their own sad-back... don't expect any perfectionsssssss.....
Don't give excuses for your failures, Num ... don't be an ostrich or sweep things under the carpet!
__________________
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
Reply With Quote
  #136  
Old 04-21-2009, 04:06 PM
daphne1985's Avatar
daphne1985 daphne1985 is offline
PetFinder Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: KL
Posts: 252
Rep Power: 0
daphne1985 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to daphne1985
Default Re: Spca ampang in need of more adopters...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nivek View Post
What was the position of the HK council on strays?
Good question Nivek, I notice a lot of your questions are very good and we really need the answer but seem like ppl dunno to answer lo.....
__________________
Yuuki, I will never forget u, u will always in my mind.
My soul toward all animals.
Reply With Quote
  #137  
Old 04-21-2009, 04:06 PM
mrsdolittle's Avatar
mrsdolittle mrsdolittle is offline
PetFinder Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: BENTONG PAHANG
Posts: 696
Rep Power: 12
mrsdolittle is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Spca ampang in need of more adopters...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurKids View Post
Don't shift things to the government because as HK SPCA announced, they did all of what they did WITHOUT much help from their government ... and succeeded.
Dear FK,

If you feel that we are Killing the healthy "CATS" or "KITTENS SURRENDERED WITHOUT MUMMY WHO IN NEED OF MUMMY"S TITIES", i have a few in lines and IT WON'T COST YOU MONEY..........

Would you like to come over and rescue them or find them good homes?

Only for the cats....... will you... this way, YOU ARE NOT SUPPORTING SPCA IN ANY WAYS, BUT ONLY SAVING THE POOR KITTIES LIVE / LIVES...

Can aaaaaaaa bro?
__________________

...THE DAY I KNOW THE MEANING OF TRUE LOVE, LOYALTY, TRUST AND FRIENDSHIP...
...TIGER IN MEMORY...

Last edited by mrsdolittle; 04-21-2009 at 04:19 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old 04-21-2009, 04:07 PM
nivek's Avatar
nivek nivek is offline
PetFinder Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 128
Rep Power: 11
nivek is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Spca ampang in need of more adopters...

Oh ya, FK you might find this article interesting as well :

Objecting councils neuter stray dog program

Patsy Moy

Monday, April 06, 2009

A program to neuter stray dogs instead of humanely killing them has been put on hold due to strong pressure from some community leaders.
For years, Hong Kong Dog Rescue and the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals have been advocating a trap-neuter-return, or TNR, program through which stray dogs are trapped, desexed and then released as a means to prevent them breeding while at the same time avoiding euthanasia.

The issue was reignited last month when a puppy was put down after being saved from drowning by the Fire Services Department. The SPCA said the puppy was in poor health.


SPCA executive director Sandy Macalister admitted it was a sad case but he warned Hong Kong will continue to see more stray animals in a similar plight if the government does not introduce effective measures to "break the cycle" by controlling the stray dog population. Macalister said TNR is one option.

Currently, the Agriculture, Fisheries and Conservation Department puts down all stray animals not collected by animal welfare groups for rehoming within four to seven days. Last year the department put down 10,350 dogs and 4,150 cats. Only 720 dogs and 180 cats found new homes.

The TNR proposal has been put up for consultation since July 2006 but so far only nine of the 18 district councils have accepted the option, seven are opposed to it and two have not been able to reach a consensus either way.

Animal groups are keen to start a trial program in some districts that support the program, but the department told The Standard this can only be done if there is consensus in the community.

SPCA deputy director (welfare) Fiona Woodhouse said: "We are exhausted after lobbying [the district councillors] and discussing with the department for months and months.

"People don't want to kill the stray dogs but they don't want to see them in their neighborhood either."

Islands, Wong Tai Sin, Southern District, Tsuen Wan, Kowloon City, Kwai Tsing and Tai Po are the seven councils objecting to the program.

Tai Po district council vice chairman Man Chen-fai claimed it was in the interests of stray dogs.

"The dogs become tame after they are desexed and consequently end up being attacked by other animals. A better solution is to find them another place after being neutered rather then put them back in the neighborhood."

However, animal lovers who send stray dogs to be neutered and released could face an animal abandonment charge, which carries a maximum penalty of six months' jail and HK$10,000 fine. "So we cannot ask our volunteers to neuter the stray dogs, which is illegal," Hong Kong Dog Rescue founder Sally Andersen said.

Three times a week, Andersen visits the government kennel to collect as many dogs as possible for rehousing to prevent them from being put down.

"We have adopted a no-kill policy. We try to find room for them, though we now have 160 dogs in our center looking for new homes," she said.
Reply With Quote
  #139  
Old 04-21-2009, 04:13 PM
daphne1985's Avatar
daphne1985 daphne1985 is offline
PetFinder Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: KL
Posts: 252
Rep Power: 0
daphne1985 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to daphne1985
Default Re: Spca ampang in need of more adopters...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurKids View Post
only the healthy strays that are killed/destroyed simply because they fail to get adopted (no human house address), stay focused, Num.Don't give excuses for your failures, Num ... don't be an ostrich or sweep things under the carpet!
U noe why they get kill? because u never give your help..IS BECAUSE OF YOUR FAULT......

So why are you still siting down here in your SEnior Project Manager Office and here typing the forum to blame on others.. Do what u can do la...!!Encourage more ppl to adopt animals rather buy frm breeder...they will be safe and you are the one safe them..

Dont act so budak budak and selfish my boss..
__________________
Yuuki, I will never forget u, u will always in my mind.
My soul toward all animals.
Reply With Quote
  #140  
Old 04-21-2009, 04:14 PM
FurKids's Avatar
FurKids FurKids is offline
Pets Are NOT Disposable
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,041
Rep Power: 14
FurKids is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Spca ampang in need of more adopters...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nivek View Post
What was the position of the HK council on strays?
You can check their website, Nivek but like every where else it is an uphill battle with the government side and very little cooperation but they continue to bang their heads like the rest of us and for the animals' sake, we all need to develop harder heads that are harder to crack ... just so that the animals meet less cruelty in their natural lives ... and for myself, so that I do not keep having to refill good precious food and bowls that keep being thrown away ... dah lah they are suffering hunger and malnutrition ... tak ada belas kasihan langsung sang manusia kita ...

At least some strays (especially cats) have some opportunity to survive like their Cat Colony Care Programme and Community Dog Programme with some acceptance from the communit instead of our existing none.

Dogs memang susah by a lot, Nivek ... very kesian ... that is why I salute the dog lovers like Acsyen, Ruth, Sabrina ... no joke one ...
__________________
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies

Last edited by FurKids; 04-21-2009 at 04:21 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PENANG: Fosterers/Adopters Required Urgently JScott Dogs & Puppies 0 02-22-2009 11:04 AM
Emergency! Fosterers and Adopters Help needed in Penang Island!! stratocaster Rescuers & Fosterers 0 02-16-2009 12:09 AM


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 03:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 

Main Site
Home
Advertising
Sponsored Listings
Sign Up
Find A Pet
Share & Save Lives
About PetFinder.my
Terms & Conditions
Freebies / Starter Pack
Report Animal Abuse
Contact Us
Facilities
WAGazine
Discussion Forum
Medical Fund
Pet Food, Toys & Products
Cuteness Meter
Central News Portal
Visual Map
Knowledge Library
Microchip Directory
FurryCards
Mobile
iPhone & iPod App
Android App

Social Media
Facebook
Twitter
KindMeal
Meat-Free Dining
Meal Deals
Kind Moments
Delicious Menu

Others
World Animal Day Contest
Digi iPhone Contest
East Coast Flood Relief
It's Pawssible
Freebies
Online Store
Discussions
Blacklists & Scams



Copyright © PetFinder.my. All rights reserved.