Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > The Animal Corner > Dogs & Puppies

Dogs & Puppies General information and discussions on taking care of your canine buddy

Old 10-22-2008, 12:35 PM
PetFinder Buddy

Darren is on a distinguished road
Default Dog saves owner, but robber dies from injuries (NST)

By : Heidi Foo

TAMPIN: A dog lived up to its reputation as being man's best friend when it attacked a robber who got into a fight with its owner at Taman Asahan in Gemenceh yesterday morning.
But the dog and its owner may now be in trouble with the law after the robber died of his injuries at the Tampin Hospital several hours after he was attacked.

The dog owner, a 45-year-old security guard, has been detained by police to facilitate investigations, while the 3-year-old German Shepherd has gone missing,

The drama unfolded just after midnight yesterday when the suspected robber, armed with what is believed to be a piece of wood, confronted the guard, who was on duty at a shop selling construction material.

A struggle ensued between the two, and that was when the dog came to the rescue of its owner.
District police chief Superintendent Zull Aznam Haron said that the guard was believed to have been struck on the head in the struggle.

He managed to stop a passing motorist who took him to the Gemenceh police station, where he lodged a report. The dog, meanwhile, was left behind.

"The guard's face was covered in blood when he turned up at the police station," said Zull Aznam.

"He was taken to the Gemenceh health clinic where he received stitches for the wound on his head."

Zull Aznam said a police team went to the scene and found the suspect sprawled in front of the shop with injuries all over his body.

"When we found the suspect, he was still alive. He succumbed to his injuries at the Tampin district hospital an hour later."

He said the suspect's body was later sent to the Seremban Hospital for a post-mortem examination.

Initial checks revealed that the 29-year-old suspect was from Tebung in Alor Gajah, Malacca.

***** Harap si German Sheperd tu ditemui dengan selamat dan diberikan penghargaan yang sepatutnya tanpa prejudis ***

Last edited by Darren; 10-22-2008 at 12:40 PM.
Old 10-22-2008, 01:57 PM
Animal Lover

Ferreted is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Dog saves owner, but robber dies from injuries (NST)

I hope the German Sheperd will never be found and kept by people who know better, prolly the security guard's relatives or friends or any rescuer.

Trust me i would take the German Sheperd in myself! We know what will happen to dogs who got the taste of blood. To the robber.. tsk.. couldnt bother twice. He went suicide.
Old 10-22-2008, 02:04 PM
Puppet Master~

chemonk is an unknown quantity at this point

what will happen to dog that had tasted blood? will it become more wild? i only know that if croc had taste human blood, they prefer to hunt human rather than other creatures. it seems likes that human got more flavor to satisfy their appetite. huhuhuhuhu
Old 10-22-2008, 02:15 PM
Animal Lover

I dont believe they will get wilder.. I really dont, maybe they are more certain to be agressive when they deem necessary. But the common practise is to put the dog down (euthanise them) as a safety precaution not to attack other (innocent ppl maybe) in the future. So yea.. hope the dog is never found.
Old 10-22-2008, 02:47 PM
Banned

ashleywong is on a distinguished road

In an ideal world, the dog will be given a medal and citation but in malaysia - hmm, i just hope the poor dog is safe and well taken care of, even done quietly on the side, i don't place much hope on our authorities to see it justly and right.
Old 10-22-2008, 02:52 PM
Petfinder Moderator

blackie007 has disabled reputation

Poor German Shepherd. I hope he is safe and sound, protected by the relatives of the security guard that he protected.

He's the hero here, and deserves to be recognized as such, not be treated like a criminal. I hope the authorities never find him.
Old 10-22-2008, 02:56 PM
Banned

chemonk i just hope that it is a joke/humour on your part that you make this statement

no domesticated dog have even been know to attack human or other type of animal without any provocation...in cases where the animal attacked passer-by, one has to look at the history of the dog being brought up - was it trained to be extremely aggressive by being beaten and maltreated? in most cases, the answer is yes, the owner and handler with selfish intention, mistreat the dog to such extent that it become aggressive in defence of itself - its whole life is exposed to danger and threat from its owner the one person the dog trust implicit - the owner then exploit this aggressiveness for his/her own gain.

in times of famine, drought where food is scarce a domesticated dog that was let to run stray will eventually learn to form a pack in order to optimise their effort (time, energy) used in finding food. our domesticated animals such as hens,ducks, resemble the dog or its ancestors natural prey in the wild.

don't blame the dog for turning to its instinct to survive - where all animals will resort to its instinct to survice when pushed to the extreme - even human- blame the human beings who put them in such a situation.

in the case mentioned here, it is absolutely ridiculous to even think and believe, much less comment that a dog that tasted blood will be hungry to strike again for flood - that's an irreponsible personal opinion disguised as fact?

dogs have never hunted merely for blood - once they are domesticated, they have acquired a habit to eat our food and our table scraps and to scavenge for food in our rubbish dump. and even if they are truly hungry they will catch the small insects, rodents, lizards, etc.

to even suggest that the dog will turn into a human killer after tasting 1st blood borders on the absurb.

if you're intention is to inject humour -you're are free to do so provided you state it clearly - if you're intention is to invite a debate, you're free to do so but in a very responsible manner -

i'm disagreeing with you civilly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemonk View Post
what will happen to dog that had tasted blood? will it become more wild? i only know that if croc had taste human blood, they prefer to hunt human rather than other creatures. it seems likes that human got more flavor to satisfy their appetite. huhuhuhuhu
Old 10-22-2008, 03:09 PM
Animal Lover

hehehe ashley, chemonk was saying about crocs la.. not dogs.. u ar.. hardcore dog lover, u read too fast, love!
Old 10-22-2008, 04:34 PM
PetFinder Guru

lynielime is on a distinguished road

Wonderful dog! Truly man's best friend. That's why dogs are so awesome. The loyalty and devotion they have for their caregivers knows no bounds.
Old 10-22-2008, 04:35 PM
Banned

no i did not read too fast - the inference here is clear.....

Quote:
Old 10-22-2008, 04:39 PM
.:: Baby, I dig you! ::.

Location: Subang Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia, World of Animal Lurve...
BabyZee is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BabyZee

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferreted View Post
hehehe ashley, chemonk was saying about crocs la.. not dogs.. u ar.. hardcore dog lover, u read too fast, love!
heh, yup don't get heated up yet..
obviously not all of us well educated about all animals..
chemonk was just wondering and we know that if a croc tasete human blood than he'll wanted it more so is it the same for dogs?
so you've stated some facts so we know it's not the same for dogs...
Old 10-22-2008, 04:44 PM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road

yeah,me too.hope the german shepard will never be found.I should get myself GS too.I'll ask him to go and gigit the animal abuser and robbers

that dog is hero of the day,why hunting him?? kesian dia.

QUOTE=blackie007;15316]Poor German Shepherd. I hope he is safe and sound, protected by the relatives of the security guard that he protected.

He's the hero here, and deserves to be recognized as such, not be treated like a criminal. I hope the authorities never find him.[/QUOTE]
Old 10-22-2008, 04:46 PM
Vivien Wuz Ere

Location: Earth - where every human beings have to live together with animals
vivienlpl is on a distinguished road

yeah i saw the article this morning
yes i hope someone else find the dog and keep it
if let authorities take
i scare they do harm to the dog
there is nothing wrong if the dog trying to protect the owner
and he mauls

good the damn robber die
why take actions on the animal

some said the victim is attacked before but the way i read it they are trying to find fault with the dog
Old 10-22-2008, 05:22 PM
Petfinder Moderator

that's always the case with the authorities and some unenlightened animals that call themselves humans.

they fail to understand that the dog was merely protecting its owner. let me pose a question. if the dog is a human child instead, who saw his father being struck on the head by the robber, as in this case, and rushed to attack the robber, and unfortunately the robber later succumbed to his injuries, would the authorities hunt this child and put him to death?

no way, right? and yet, just because the hero here is a dog and not a human child, it is not rewarded and praised, but gets to be hunted like a murderer. Even for murderers they don't kill them. they put the murderers on trial, and with a good a lawyer, they escape the death penalty.

it's an unfair world for the animals....

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivienlpl View Post
yeah i saw the article this morning
yes i hope someone else find the dog and keep it
if let authorities take
i scare they do harm to the dog
there is nothing wrong if the dog trying to protect the owner
and he mauls

good the damn robber die
why take actions on the animal

some said the victim is attacked before but the way i read it they are trying to find fault with the dog
Old 10-22-2008, 05:38 PM
PetFinder Guru

hourus is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to hourus Send a message via Yahoo to hourus
Angry Re: Dog saves owner, but robber dies from injuries (NST)

the law nowadays just doesnt cover animal rights, dont they the govt shud do somting abt the law n the constitution about not only protecting human rights but also on animal rights

zzzzzz.....woof woof
FurKid in the Car
Old 10-22-2008, 05:43 PM
Vivien Wuz Ere

Location: Earth - where every human beings have to live together with animals
vivienlpl is on a distinguished road

at times...you seen articles........ that you realize that ....why some authorities take the dogs..just because they gone wild or violent or attack
what they do is catch and put the dog down and tell everyone the dog is very harmful which is WRONG!!!!!

same like last time the articles about rottweiler being banned here

actually they don't understand the real situation or behavior of an animal

any animals dont do harm unless they have to kill to eat or you provoke them
Old 10-23-2008, 12:27 PM
Banned

Hi all

babyzee is so kind, giving benefits of doubt. that's sweet of her.

but i do beg to differ - being kind to animal or being aware about animal, their condition, their situation, their emotional and physical needs and wants and the suffering they're subjected to, it doesn't need one to know how to read ABC.

all one need is an open mind, open heart - compassion - be mindful to all that is around you for none of us is an island.

this is the part i don't understand - why nobody gets it...or rather perhaps they get it but decided to turn a blind eye in the malaysian tradition of apathy.

is education is the yardstick and benchmark by which to measure a human being's compassion and loving kindness towards all sentient beings that are less fortunate that himself, then i'd say all the "tahu baca punye orang" akan fail habis2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyZee View Post
heh, yup don't get heated up yet..
obviously not all of us well educated about all animals..
chemonk was just wondering and we know that if a croc tasete human blood than he'll wanted it more so is it the same for dogs?
so you've stated some facts so we know it's not the same for dogs...
Old 10-23-2008, 08:03 PM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road

Education doesn't mean you are high above from everybody nor you are better than others and Dr Know All.But I believe everyday is learning process.what I not know today doesn't mean I don't know tommorrow.

Everybody deserve a second chance. We bash them kaw kaw but what about educating this people or all of us here for that matter?? We can start from the bottom and take it slowly.

I admit that i was the bodoh one when comes to cats or dogs before but I learned many things along the way and now I'm educating my few good neighbours,my colleagues and some close friends. They are very impressed with what I did and I told them,u can be part of this if you want to help the animals. Oh,by the way,I'm very angry with many things they did but I have to be patient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleywong View Post
Hi all

babyzee is so kind, giving benefits of doubt. that's sweet of her.

but i do beg to differ - being kind to animal or being aware about animal, their condition, their situation, their emotional and physical needs and wants and the suffering they're subjected to, it doesn't need one to know how to read ABC.

all one need is an open mind, open heart - compassion - be mindful to all that is around you for none of us is an island.

this is the part i don't understand - why nobody gets it...or rather perhaps they get it but decided to turn a blind eye in the malaysian tradition of apathy.

is education is the yardstick and benchmark by which to measure a human being's compassion and loving kindness towards all sentient beings that are less fortunate that himself, then i'd say all the "tahu baca punye orang" akan fail habis2!
Old 10-23-2008, 11:22 PM
PetFinder Buddy

Darren is on a distinguished road

Public wants dog protected

SEREMBAN: Animal lovers have come out in defence of the dog which attacked a robber during an attempted robbery in Taman Asahan, Gemenceh on Monday.

They urge the authorities to go easy on the dog, which investigations have revealed, is a stray that resembles a German Shepherd.

Police initially believed the dog belonged to the security company.

The New Straits Times offices in Seremban and Kuala Lumpur have been flooded with calls from animals lovers nationwide saying the dog was only following its instincts to protect its owner.

Meanwhile, Tampin district police chief Superintendent Zull Aznam Haron said they had learnt the dog was a stray that had befriended the security guard who was attacked during the attempted robbery.
"The dog did not belong to the security guard. The guard was assigned to a shop selling construction material and also an adjoining orchard," he said.

"The guard had fed the dog regularly and the canine would sleep beside the guardhouse at nights when the guard was on duty."

Zull Aznam believed a bond had formed between the guard and the dog, which resulted in the dog acting aggressively to protect the guard during the scuffle with the robber.

"We have tried to look for the dog and even visited the guard's house nearby, but there is no sign of the animal," he said.

The 29-year-old robber, who was also hit on the head by the guard, succumbed to his injuries an hour after he was sent to Tampin Hospital.

Post-mortem results showed that the robber, said to be from Tebung in Alor Gajah, Malacca, died from head injuries inflicted by a blunt object.

There were no serious dog bites on his body.

Police have remanded the guard for investigations.

It was reported yesterday that the dog attacked a robber, who was armed with a piece of wood, when he got into a fight with the guard.

The guard, who also suffered head injuries, stopped a passing motorist who took him to Tampin police station where he lodged a report.

When a team of policemen rushed to the scene they found the robber sprawled in front of the shop with injuries all over his body.

1. It is the nature of the dog to be loyal and protect. Breeded or not, they all deserve a same and fair treatment of love and affection. He knew his friend is in trouble so he just get up and pounce in to help. In other cases, human bystanders would rather just be observers while watching another human bleed to death in beating/snatching (ragut) incidents.
Hence the dog deserved to be called a hero.

2. We must applause the guard for his kindness towards the dog, who in turns guards the life of the guard. As a professional & human being, he has the right to defend himself for doing his duty and fighting for his life.

3. Let us join hands with the other animal lovers who have deep thought on the runaway dog and pray that he is far from harm.

4. Therefore, i would propose someone who is good in writing here (Malay & English) could accumulate our thoughts in here and send it to a Public Opinions column in NST, Star, Berita Harian, Utusan, Top Blogs, etc, so that people will realise the good deed of these 2 souls, strangers to each other who watched each others back.

Last edited by Darren; 10-23-2008 at 11:35 PM.
Old 10-23-2008, 11:32 PM
Petfinder Moderator

May the heavens and powers that be protect the dog from any harm, and may the authorities never find it.

As for the security guard, I am a bit bothered about "Police have remanded the guard for investigations" . Even though post-mortem results show that the robber died from head injuries caused by a blunt object, the security guard was merely defending himself. The robber was similarly armed, too.

Was the security guard supposed to stand by and let the robber hit him to death? And was the dog supposed to stand by and watch his friend being beaten to death?

Yeah, I guess so, in this convoluted world that we live in. *sigh*