Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Reviews, Notices & Stories > Hall of Shame

Hall of Shame There are lots of cruel and inconsiderate people out there. Expose their cruel deeds to the world and let them be shamed!

Old 09-08-2011, 01:41 PM
PetFinder Buddy

irenelance is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Petknode Cat Boarding Nightmare

hi everyone..just got time to read ur comments on petknode hotel hell issues..i am in fact one of the affected owners that sent my kids there during raya holiday..

now i'm not saying whos's wrong or right or pointing fingers when the blame should be put squarely on those bastards shoulders (i apologize for the cursing as there's no other word to describe them that i find suitable n believe me its not even close) however i want to share what i've gone thru for the last 4 days..

i never trust boarding service (or anyone else for that matter) to take care of my kids..but i was left with no choice as raya holiday was coming up and its too far to bring the kids along (my kg is in johor) the sole reason y i choose petknode was after i found a thread posted by them n i checked out their website to see if it can be trusted..what made me interested is that they do have sharing rooms for ur kids..being cageless all the time, i believed my kids would be xtra comfy in this room..i checked out other boarding services but they only offer basic cages which would be a problem to my kids as they're sibling and never have been separated..they even share the same carrier..so i went to the premise n they showed me the sample sharing room and to be honest i was quite satisfied..but they said its just a sample..all cats will be transported to the boarding place but when i said i want to check out the place they said we dont really bring customers to the place like they said in their website "minimal exposure" or someting..i was a bit worried but seeing the office is clean n the owners are quite OK so i booked for 8 days..and FYI i wouldnt say RM23.90 per room per day is CHEAP! those price u see is just for basic small cage ya..many other paid hundreds so their cats are comfy during the stay..besides, everything else is charged for example type of food, vitamins, grooming etc..so i brought my own food n toys..if u add up everything i would say it is expensive..

when i sent my kids..there's row of customers waiting to send their cats and it was quite full that time..i wasnt suspecting anything until one of them come from the back of the premise and i heard cats hissing n screaming at each other..i just thot maybe they just stressed out coz lots of smell from other cats..the owner said they're totally full that they have to use the shop as well..

i was supposed to take my kids on monday 5/9 but i received a call from a rescuer asking me to come at once and identify my kids as the owners have gone missing..God knows how i felt..i was in seremban that time n we just rushed to the place praying that our kids are safe..when i reached i can smell the stench half a block away..and the sight was just unbelievable..cats are dying n some already died..the state of them were so bad u wish u could take them all to the vets..my booboo was there looking as if he has lost hope but Thank God some recsuers have cleaned him n fed him..only GOD can repay these kind people..i cried and cried still couldnt believe of what i saw b4 my eyes..owners were everywhere looking for their kids..lots of crying n cursing and infos exchanging..i couldnt find my bobo until we were told to go to Sg Pelong police station as they've caught those bastards and now they're returning all the cats that they've stashed God knows where..we rushed and already saw lots of people waiting wif some cats unclaimed..

about an hour later, a van pulled up and u just couldnt believe ur eyes..it was full of carriers stacked on top of each other..can u imagine how those cats suffered? i bet u cant..and those bastards just stayed inside the van lookin as if they had done nothing wrong..lots of angry owners started banging the van..Thank god my bobo was in there..otherwise i had no idea whats gonna happen to him if he had to starve himself for another day..i cant thank God, rescuers and everyone involved in rescuing enuff for their bravery n kindness..

the next day i did come to the PC and did coupla interviews to show some support and to make sure those bastards will be punished heavily for doing this to our kids..and i will lodge a report soon as i can..

so i hope u guys will check thoroughly b4 sending ur loved ones for boarding and please pray for heartbroken owners that they'll find their missing kids and pray that they're still alive and safe..pls support 100,000 people for Petknode's punishment on facebook, sign the online petition and make a difference..i beg of you
Old 09-08-2011, 03:02 PM
Gentle Giant

Coony is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
Dear All,

Let's not get distracted by disputes on differing opinions.

Our primary focus would be to help push for deserving punishment for the culprits, and to assist in creating awareness in pet owners to reduce the chances of such tragic occurrences again.

We are free to voice our opinions, but please refrain from unnecessary attacks or disputes. Thank you for keeping the forum a friendly place.
Totally agree!!!

Best Maine Coon Cattery in CFA ID Asia/LA since 2004
The only Maine Coon cattery with 3 DM, 3 Top Ten MCO National & produce the most GC/GP (30) & DW (12) in CFA ID Asia/LA
Old 09-08-2011, 03:16 PM
Gentle Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by irenelance View Post
hi everyone..just got time to read ur comments on petknode hotel hell issues..i am in fact one of the affected owners that sent my kids there during raya holiday..

now i'm not saying whos's wrong or right or pointing fingers when the blame should be put squarely on those bastards shoulders (i apologize for the cursing as there's no other word to describe them that i find suitable n believe me its not even close) however i want to share what i've gone thru for the last 4 days..

i never trust boarding service (or anyone else for that matter) to take care of my kids..but i was left with no choice as raya holiday was coming up and its too far to bring the kids along (my kg is in johor) the sole reason y i choose petknode was after i found a thread posted by them n i checked out their website to see if it can be trusted..what made me interested is that they do have sharing rooms for ur kids..being cageless all the time, i believed my kids would be xtra comfy in this room..i checked out other boarding services but they only offer basic cages which would be a problem to my kids as they're sibling and never have been separated..they even share the same carrier..so i went to the premise n they showed me the sample sharing room and to be honest i was quite satisfied..but they said its just a sample..all cats will be transported to the boarding place but when i said i want to check out the place they said we dont really bring customers to the place like they said in their website "minimal exposure" or someting..i was a bit worried but seeing the office is clean n the owners are quite OK so i booked for 8 days..and FYI i wouldnt say RM23.90 per room per day is CHEAP! those price u see is just for basic small cage ya..many other paid hundreds so their cats are comfy during the stay..besides, everything else is charged for example type of food, vitamins, grooming etc..so i brought my own food n toys..if u add up everything i would say it is expensive..

when i sent my kids..there's row of customers waiting to send their cats and it was quite full that time..i wasnt suspecting anything until one of them come from the back of the premise and i heard cats hissing n screaming at each other..i just thot maybe they just stressed out coz lots of smell from other cats..the owner said they're totally full that they have to use the shop as well..

i was supposed to take my kids on monday 5/9 but i received a call from a rescuer asking me to come at once and identify my kids as the owners have gone missing..God knows how i felt..i was in seremban that time n we just rushed to the place praying that our kids are safe..when i reached i can smell the stench half a block away..and the sight was just unbelievable..cats are dying n some already died..the state of them were so bad u wish u could take them all to the vets..my booboo was there looking as if he has lost hope but Thank God some recsuers have cleaned him n fed him..only GOD can repay these kind people..i cried and cried still couldnt believe of what i saw b4 my eyes..owners were everywhere looking for their kids..lots of crying n cursing and infos exchanging..i couldnt find my bobo until we were told to go to Sg Pelong police station as they've caught those bastards and now they're returning all the cats that they've stashed God knows where..we rushed and already saw lots of people waiting wif some cats unclaimed..

about an hour later, a van pulled up and u just couldnt believe ur eyes..it was full of carriers stacked on top of each other..can u imagine how those cats suffered? i bet u cant..and those bastards just stayed inside the van lookin as if they had done nothing wrong..lots of angry owners started banging the van..Thank god my bobo was in there..otherwise i had no idea whats gonna happen to him if he had to starve himself for another day..i cant thank God, rescuers and everyone involved in rescuing enuff for their bravery n kindness..

the next day i did come to the PC and did coupla interviews to show some support and to make sure those bastards will be punished heavily for doing this to our kids..and i will lodge a report soon as i can..

so i hope u guys will check thoroughly b4 sending ur loved ones for boarding and please pray for heartbroken owners that they'll find their missing kids and pray that they're still alive and safe..pls support 100,000 people for Petknode's punishment on facebook, sign the online petition and make a difference..i beg of you
Irenelance, thank you for sharing. I share your pain & I fully feel what you have gone through. Good to hear that you have recover all your cats & they are back in your loving home & care.

These bastards will be judge by God.

The only Maine Coon cattery with 3 DM, 3 Top Ten MCO National & produce the most GC/GP (30) & DW (12) in CFA ID Asia/LA
Old 09-08-2011, 03:30 PM
Gentle Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by maris_sa528 View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-1qN...layer_embedded

Video above is one of happy news after few days fighting. If they want to start rating/grading animal farm, animal shop, animal boarding house, animal clinic, i am more than happy now.

Coony, if possible, as an owner of the Best Maine Coon Cattery in CFA ID Asia/LA since 2004 and The only Maine Coon cattery with 3 DM, 3 Top Ten MCO National & produce the most GC & DW in CFA ID Asia/LA, maybe you could share your website, or blog, or FB with us so that we can at least see the example of world class standard for a Cattery/Animal Farm/Boarding(maybe, i dont know).

You as an owner for such an amazing, awesome cattery should share some info with us, guide us how to help our Animal lover community so that later we know how to choose a good pet boarding center to board our pet.
maris_sa528, I wudn't claim my cattery to be world class or amazingly awesome, I'll leave it to you to judge for yourself. What I wud daringly admit is that we love our cats to the fullest. I don't have a website or blog but you can click on my banner below to my FB group. My FB group is actually more for MCO owner or fans to share & learn but I just upload some of our cattery photos which I previously posted on my personal FB.

Old 09-08-2011, 05:37 PM
PetFinder Buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coony View Post
Irenelance, thank you for sharing. I share your pain & I fully feel what you have gone through. Good to hear that you have recover all your cats & they are back in your loving home & care.

These bastards will be judge by God.
thanks Coony :) my boys are recovering slowly now..start to eat bit more n play a liltle but not as active just yet..THANK GOD their conditions are not too bad as compared to others.hope they're fuly recover soon.

to all forumers and petlover, u can help KTAJ on rescuing other unclaimed cats by donating some food/litter/litter tray/money if not many..visit their page at facebook and hopefully they have enuff source to care for these unfortunate ones b4 the rightful owners take them..and please spread the words as there's still many owners that havent found their loved ones..thanks
Old 09-08-2011, 08:20 PM
PetFinder Guru

adrianng87 is on a distinguished road

irenelance,

Its indeed a nightmare to board pets now, but no worries, there should be a big change from the Authorities soon, I hope. This time's loss will definitely open Authorities/Boarding Services/Pet Owners' eyes more widely in every aspect be it for good or evil.

I was at the conference with my friends too, later that, we went to Balai Polis Damai Damansara and I find most of the people there are not victims of Petknode's Hell but everyone there stood up and helped scare the hell out of the policemen to further their action. At that time the policemen were trying to wash their hands off already, that was until the next day the NGOs and volunteers went to Bukit Aman to confront the head of police.

KTAJ is doing a good job in posting updates through their Facebook. Volunteers even found some other cats straying nearby shops at Petsknode, claim that they do not act like strays and might be the missing cats from Petsknode, so some brought it back to foster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by irenelance View Post

Old 09-08-2011, 10:13 PM
PetFinder Guru

maris_sa528 is on a distinguished road

Police now giving more serious promise. I am touched.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater

irenelance,
My deepest sympathy goes to you, your furkids and to other vistims as well. As what been said by Adrian, we were there with some of our friends and we went to police station too *still sad*. no matter how involve we were in this case, we still cant feel the real feeling of yours. I am sorry for what had happen, that 2 culprits should be punished for what they had done.

I believe things happen for a reason. Today 74 police reports had been lodged, i guess the biggest case in Msia regarding pet cruelty. I hope after this Msia will be changed to be a better place for our furkids to live.

Coony,
Thanks for sharing your FB group. I think we really need some body to grade and keep eyes to any premises that handle pets.

Adrian,
you rock!

Owners, KTAJ, Volunteers, Activists such as SPCA, and other supporters.... These people are really great. If after today Malaysia going treat animal better these people should proud of what they had done. Bravo...

Cheers!
Old 09-09-2011, 11:34 AM
PetFinder Buddy

adrian n maris_sa..thanks :)

to be honest i will never send my cats for boarding from now on..after this bad incident, my MIL will take care of them whenever i'm out of town..what a relief

i really hope severe punishment for animal abuse will be approved soon. KTAJ, rescuers and everyone involved, THANK YOU SO MUCH !!!
Old 09-09-2011, 01:18 PM
Gentle Giant

From what I know that most cat owner in US get someone to visit their house every day to clean & feed their cat when they are on holiday. There were many a time I will tell owner to do exactly that, but I can understand the difficulty in getting that someone you can trust & love cat.

DVS had always been non action on animal cruelty but extremely fast in grabbing lime light. In the first place they shud be the one that shud push for the high fine & punishment for animal cruelty but instead it is the NGO & the public. I hope they are not turning this pet facility grading into revenue for them. Some time back (which is not more than 1 year back) I was told they plan to issue license & pet passport (even if you have no plan to travel) for all cat. For your information the pet passport is already in existence for more than a year at RM12.00 per cat which does not serve any purpose as a passport as so call or any better than your vaccination card. Offcoz they also mention licensing for breeder which they claim will have some form of breeding control which they fail to explain how. I welcome the licensing of breeder provided they truly do have some form of control over the ethic & the good welfare of the breeding cat, not just another form of collecting revenue by not doing anything. Becoz of my frequent travel abroad for show I have to deal with DVS & I can tell you that these ppl are half the time not around. Try calling Dr, Saipul or Dr. Falizah or even the DG (Dato Aziz) of DVS at Putra Jaya head office & see how easily you can get them. I have submitted a report to them with all supporting document to make their job 1 hell of an easy one & yet they cudn’t get back to me in more than 3 mths. I hope they will truly work toward the welfare of the animal in this country against animal cruelty after the recent animal cruelty of Petknode pet boarding which the DG can even said this is only the tip of an iceberg. If he can said so that mean they do know but what stopping them from doing anything before this.

Old 09-09-2011, 02:32 PM
PetFinder Buddy

u're right Coony..hopefully they'll improve their services and functions after this

Last edited by irenelance; 09-09-2011 at 05:14 PM.
Old 09-09-2011, 03:07 PM
Gentle Giant

DVS had a big role in the monitoring of livestock in & out of the country. They issue import/export permit & health cert, the quarantine is under their control although manage by another dept. They are also in charge of all pet food, pet supplement, pet vaccine & etc. into the country (approval of these stuff is from them) The veterinary clinic are also in their care (if I’m not wrong) I have to admit they do have a lot to do but which such dept in the other countries don’t. Although they had a lot on their hand they also had a lot of manpower which does not give them the excuse not to look into the welfare of the animal.

They are busy picking on exhibitor like us who show abroad just becoz some ppl like to badmouth but they do nothing about the hundreds of dog smuggle into the country every day across the Thais border. Of the few countries in Asia I travel to I have to admit the HK AFCD is the cleanest, strictest & most efficient dept in this sector. They have a standard procedure for you to follow, unlike Malaysia, sometime they make up along the way. I guess this is what Malaysia Boleh is all about.

I rest my case with DVS here as I do not want to move from the real reason of this thread anymore than I shud.

Old 09-10-2011, 06:25 PM
PetFinder Guru

melmel is on a distinguished road
Default Police Investigate @ Criminal Act Sec 428, PM Najid Upset, DVS'll charge @ Animal Act 1953

Police is hunting 2 Petknode's bosses & investigating d case udr Criminal Act Sec 428, DVS will apply court order to charge d culprits udr Animal Act 1953 (SPCA chairperson Christine has brought d owners & cat carcass together with lodged Bkt Aman police report to file a formal complaint to DVS @Wed). PM YAB Dato' Seri Najid was saddened by d cruelty.

Last edited by melmel; 09-12-2011 at 01:51 PM.
Old 06-13-2012, 09:44 AM
PetFinder Guru

KUALA LUMPUR, June 12 — The owners of the Petknode Online Pet Store today pleaded guilty to the maltreatment of 30 cats, which they had left starving, dehydrated and covered in faeces at the “pet hotel” over last year’s Hari Raya holidays.

Sources who were present in Petaling Jaya Magistrates’ Court today informed The Malaysian Insider that Petknode owners Shahrul Azuwan Adanan and Yushairi Khairuddin had amended their earlier plea of not guilty “because they were very remorseful”.

“The two owners said they have done a lot of thinking prior to the trial and had expressed guilt and remorse over the incident, and therefore changed their plea to guilty today,” the Stray Cat Rescue and Treatment Community Help (Scratch) volunteer explained.

She added “because they changed their plea at last minute, the sentencing will be postponed to June 28 at 9am.”

The Scratch volunteer declined to be named “because we rescued the cats and do not want this to affect the outcome in any way”.

The two men were earlier charged with 30 counts under Section 44 (1) of the Animals Act 1953, which provides for a maximum of six months’ jail, a RM200 fine, or both for each offence upon conviction.

They were accused of committing the offences at their store premises at No. F001B, Level 1, Plaza Seasons Square, Jalan PJU 10/3, Damansara Damai, Selangor

Petknode had advertised their pet boarding services for as little as RM3.95 a night ahead of Hari Raya celebrations last year.

But pet owners who had taken up the promotional offer to board their animals over the holiday period returned to find their cats emaciated and traumatised after being left unattended for as long as nine days.

Animal rescuers resorted to forcing their way into Petknode’s premises to save up to 150 cats then.

They later banded with the owners of the pets and other animal lovers to call for the boarding centre operators to be jailed, fined and sued.

Shahrul and Yushairi had since apologised for the condition of the cats and even thanked the rescuers for fostering 26 cats and a dog that they admitted they were unable to provide adequate care and service as promised, due to their own mismanagement of the animal boarding centre
Old 06-13-2012, 01:06 PM
PetFinder Guru

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

TWO owners of a cat boarding centre pleaded guilty yesterday to 30 charges of neglecting the welfare of animals under their care last September.

Petknode Cat Boarding's Shahrul Azuan Adanan and Yushairy Khairuddin, both 29, told a magistrate's court that they were shorthanded between Sept 3 and 5 and encountered transportation problems. This led to the neglect of the animals boarded at their centre in Damansara Damai during Hari Raya. The court fixed June 28 for sentencing.

During mitigation, defence counsel Syariful Nizam Shahruddin told magistrate Elena Hong Tze Lan that under the Animal Act, if the abuse was not physical, the accused could be fined. He said his clients were first-time offenders.

"They are truly sorry and regret having neglected their duty to care for the welfare of the animals. However, it was not done on purpose. Their actions were neglect and not direct physical abuse causing hurt," he said.

He said none of the cats under Petknode's care died.

"Not even one cat was dead when the owners came to pick their cats up. Many died a few days after being collected. Thus their deaths could have been caused by other factors and not by my clients," he said.

The prosecution objected to the plea for a lighter sentence, saying that Shahrul Azuan and Yushairy were more interested in profit and their actions had tarnished the industry.

Prosecution officer Jamadi Badri said: "They had taken in more than 100 cats between Aug 26 and Sept 3, which they should not have done if they knew they were shorthanded.

"Their actions have tarnished the trade for others and also tarnished the image of the country as the news of this case went viral over the Internet via various websites.

"Punishment according to Section 44 (1) of either a fine of RM200 or a jail term of six months or both will send the message to the public not to take the neglect and abuse of animals lightly."

Outside the courtroom, about 30 pet owners and members of NGOs expressed their dissatisfaction that they would not be able to testify as there would not be a trial. They hope the duo would receive the appropriate punishment.

Logistics executive Shazana Mahazir, 26, was upset that she would not be called as a witness and believes the court had not been given all the facts.

"I dropped off my cat at the boarding centre and they showed me the room where my cat will be kept. However, today in court, the accused said that the cats were only received at Petknode but taken to a bungalow in Desa Moccis, Sungai Buloh, where they were housed. This issue was not raised in court today."

Animal welfare groups also claim that a number of cats were found dead on Petknode's premises.

Stray Cats Rescue and Treatment Community Help volunteer Bazilah Bahrin said: "When some of us went to the Petknode office, we found a number of cats dead.

"We are unhappy with the prosecution officer from the Department of Veterinary Services who did not counter the defence's claims."

The news of abuse and neglect at Petknode broke out on Sept 4 as many pet owners returned from their Hari Raya break only to find their pets in unsanitary and appalling conditions.

It was reported that more than 100 cats were at Petknode in unhealthy conditions, suffering from wounds and weight loss, while nine cats died.
Old 06-28-2012, 01:21 PM
PetFinder Guru

28th June 2012

Petnode owners fined RM6,000 for animal neglect

PETALING JAYA: Two owners of animal care centre Petnode, who pleaded guilty to 30 counts of animal neglect last year, have been fined RM200 for each charge.

Magistrate Elena Hong Tze Lan said she could not sentence them to prison time as she was bound by Section 44(2) of the Animal Act, which states that offenders must be given a chance to pay a fine before being sentenced to prison time.

Shahrul Azuwan Adanan and Yushairi Khairuddin, both 29, had been charged under Section 44 (1)(d) of the Animal Act 1953.

Many pet owners and animal lovers, who had gathered at the court, were disappointed with the sentence, with several in tears and yelling at the two accused as they left court.
Old 06-28-2012, 02:25 PM
Petfinder Moderator

Maneki Neko is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by melmel View Post
28th June 2012

Petnode owners fined RM6,000 for animal neglect

PETALING JAYA: ...
Many pet owners and animal lovers, who had gathered at the court, were disappointed with the sentence, with several in tears and yelling at the two accused as they left court.
Yes, it is a disappointingly light sentence, but as the article pointed out, the judge levied the maximum penalty currently allowed by the law.

I hope all the animal lovers who find this sentence appalling will voice their opinions as law-makers and DVS work to draft a new bill with stiffer penalties. NOW is the time to speak up and take action -- respond to the poll at the top of the Petfinder web page (hosted by DVS) and contact your elected representatives to demand new legislation.
Old 10-22-2012, 01:31 PM
PetFinder Guru

Petknode Cat Boarding's Shahrul Azuan Adanan and Yushairy Khairuddin were sentenced to 3 months jail by Highcourt