Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > The Animal Corner > Cats & Kittens > Training & Behavioral Issues

Training & Behavioral Issues Does your cat have an attitude, or just simply refuses to listen to you? Share it with your peers here and learn more about a cat's behavior and training methods

Old 10-27-2010, 02:05 PM
Animal Lover

nizar is on a distinguished road
Default Seriously Need an URGENT advice

I have a female cat age about 1 year and 4 months.. last 3 weeks was her 2nd heat cycle.. the 1st one was when shes at 12 months plus.. and for both occasion i sent her over at other people place with a male cat of cuz and left her there for about 1 week... unfortunately, 2 different places with 3 different males i received the same feedback.. My female cat do not let the male to come close to her and she becoming really fierce... what makes me even confused now, the moment she steps in to the house after the unsuccessful mating attempt she will roles on the floor and starts making the same noise as when shes on heat... SERIOUSLY.. WHAT SHOULD I DO.. neutered is not an option here... advice PLEASE....
Old 10-27-2010, 02:17 PM
Petfinder Moderator

blackie007 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Seriously Need an URGENT advice

Nizar,

I've moved your thread from the Feedback & Suggestion forum to Training & Behavioral Issues sub-forum where it's more relevant. The Feedback & Suggestion forum is for members to seek help in using the website, or to give any comments or suggestions on how to improve the website.

In any event, why is neutering your cat not an option?
Old 10-27-2010, 04:12 PM
Petfinder Moderator

Maneki Neko is on a distinguished road

Hi, Nizar --

I would agree with Blackie's question -- neutering is always an option, and it's often the best one.

Since you seem so determined to breed this queen, though, you should read this article carefully:

http://forums.petfinder.my/showthrea...ighlight=breed

One paragraph especially caught my attention:
"There is nothing more important in raising purebred cats than making sure that they have the perfect temperament for their breed. Most families prefer a certain type of personality, whether it be playful or docile, super loving or independent. Remember rule number one of breeding ethics: Always think of the cats first. So your goal in producing kittens should be to find them the perfect forever home where they’ll be safe and happy and loved. Poor personality matches put kitties in shelters.

How do you make sure your cats have the perfect temperament? You spend time with them! Play fetch with your Maine Coon, pamper your Persian, talk to your Siamese! Your happy queen will raise happy kittens. Anxious, nervous, or bad tempered cats should never be bred!"
Your queen sounds extremely anxious and nervous. Why put her through this? Why not just love her as a pet and allow her a peaceful life?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nizar View Post
I have a female cat age about 1 year and 4 months.. last 3 weeks was her 2nd heat cycle.. the 1st one was when shes at 12 months plus.. and for both occasion i sent her over at other people place with a male cat of cuz and left her there for about 1 week... unfortunately, 2 different places with 3 different males i received the same feedback.. My female cat do not let the male to come close to her and she becoming really fierce... what makes me even confused now, the moment she steps in to the house after the unsuccessful mating attempt she will roles on the floor and starts making the same noise as when shes on heat... SERIOUSLY.. WHAT SHOULD I DO.. neutered is not an option here... advice PLEASE....
Old 10-27-2010, 04:44 PM
Animal Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie007 View Post
Nizar,

I've moved your thread from the Feedback & Suggestion forum to Training & Behavioral Issues sub-forum where it's more relevant. The Feedback & Suggestion forum is for members to seek help in using the website, or to give any comments or suggestions on how to improve the website.

In any event, why is neutering your cat not an option?
Thanks blackie... ima kinda new here thus not really sure about the most relevant forum to post my concern to.. Anyway, reason being as to why neutered is not an option for now is that i want her to have little fellow at home to accompany her while im not at home.. shes been the only cat in the house for the past 1 year, bringing in new cat for companionship purposes i dont think a good idea.. well, thats at least the advice i get from a friend..
Old 10-27-2010, 04:46 PM
PetFinder Guru

shahcats is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nizar View Post
if neutered is not the option..u will face the same thing after she deliver the babies..i know its hard to make a decision..but i do agree with others about neutering..
if u still to think to breed the cat..let the cat get social with the male 1st.. from what i read female cat facing 4stages of "heat" before she ready for mating..at few stages she will defenses her self..and this stage she will never allowed the female cat to get close to her..but the problem is..how long this stage gonna be is depends on the cat..if 1 week didnt work for her..so make it longer..maybe 10 days or more..

my advice is..read few books about cat behavior so we can learn more and prepare in facing few problem during pregnancy.
i think this blog will help u.. http://just-catz.blogspot.com/2010/05/female-cat.html
Old 10-27-2010, 04:51 PM
Animal Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maneki Neko View Post
Hi, Nizar --

I would agree with Blackie's question -- neutering is always an option, and it's often the best one.

Since you seem so determined to breed this queen, though, you should read this article carefully:

http://forums.petfinder.my/showthrea...ighlight=breed

Your queen sounds extremely anxious and nervous. Why put her through this? Why not just love her as a pet and allow her a peaceful life?
Hello there NEKO.. thanks for the thread.. it was very informative... i did sent my cat for regular medical check up and follows the instruction given by my vet closely.. and i dont intend to be a breeder rather than to find my lovely cat a companionship.. well at least be her friend whenever im not around..
Old 10-27-2010, 04:56 PM
Animal Lover

Thanks shahcats..
Old 10-27-2010, 05:16 PM
Animal Lover

iskandarshah is on a distinguished road

hi nizar, dulu jiran saya pernah adaa kes yg sama dgn u, dia pergi beli pil perancang khas utk kucing betina di klinik haiwan. sy x tahu lah pil tu ok atau ada kesan sampingan. Mungkin Nizar bleh tanya dengan Vet