Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Reviews, Notices & Stories > Success Stories

Success Stories Share your happy and heart-warming "tails" with our community. Let us know about your successful rescue, rehome or adoption efforts!

Old 07-08-2008, 11:18 AM
PetFinder Buddy

mw_pon is on a distinguished road
Angry Truffles - Adopted & Resold

i saw in http://www.adpost.com/my/pets/16925/
tht truffles...da 3yrs old cocker spanial is being sold in tht site...can some one
inform CERZ bout this...i look at the pic is da same dog... http://www.petfinder.my/pets/1367/
can some one investigate on this....
Old 07-08-2008, 01:01 PM
PetFinder Moderator

dog is my buddy has disabled reputation
Default Re: Some is not RIGHT here!!!

Thank for your update, It is same dog,from
petsfinder.my- Cerz Lee date Posted: 2008-06-23,Adoption Fee: Free ,

Adpost.com classifieds-Chai WaiMun(Raymond) Date Posted: 07/06/2008 Adoption Fee Price: RM 300 Neg . Remark from him- Lost 2 years e.cocker spaniel for adoption She is a Lovely well mannered and disciplined dog found at my garden . she had being bring to vet and checked she is healthy.

Question
Cerz Lee and Chai WaiMun(Raymond) is same group?

Question
After free adopted and resale again? We more concern this question.

Sometimes,things in life are out of our control. We just need to accept the fact.
Rocky, Ricky and Rusty is my best friend.

Last edited by dog is my buddy; 07-08-2008 at 01:05 PM.
Old 07-08-2008, 01:27 PM
Founder, PetFinder.my

AndyKoh has disabled reputation
Default Re: Truffles - Adopted & Resold?

What I believe is that the person who adopted the pet from Cerz wasn't genuinely seeking a pet, but to get animals for free/cheaply and proceeded to sell them.

I think this is often difficult to filter especially for a group like Cerz that is rescuing and rehoming so many pets each week.

It might help reduce the problem if the rescuers visited the adopter's house prior to the adoption, and created a contract that prohibits the adopter from selling it else the rescuer reserves the right to take it back immediately, as well as stating that they would pay the adopter surprise visits a few weeks down the road. Of course, such procedures require more time and effort, and might not be an easy task to undertake.

Also, I think that for pedigree dogs especially young ones, an adoption fee should be imposed to ensure more genuine adopters.
Old 07-08-2008, 02:05 PM
PetFinder Moderator

Andy,
We need setup the group by state and area for visiting and checking those adopted dog owner. I like be a first volunteer.

Sometimes,things in life are out of our control. We just need to accept the fact.

Last edited by dog is my buddy; 07-08-2008 at 02:08 PM.
Old 07-08-2008, 02:53 PM
PetFinder Guru

acsyen is on a distinguished road

i have informed Cerz she is checking now..
Old 07-08-2008, 02:59 PM
PetFinder Buddy

Default Re: Truffles - Adopted & Resold

as i believe cerz also charge an adoption fee for 300 if not mistaken...but if anyone hav contact of cerz pls inform and rescue this dog back....and i suggest cerz not to give back the adoption fee money...
this is such a shame especially to sincere adopter out ther...i am sure this will affect the reputation of adopters....i think by setting up a grp of ppl lik wat dog is my buddy said may be able to help but still we don hav the power to do much but keep an open eye....maybe some one will go on disguise and call this raymond fella and check it out....but i do hope cerz can do it as he or she knows the dog better than anyone of us....
i will also don mind volunteer myself for the area of subang jaya (cos i live ther)...
Old 07-08-2008, 11:02 PM
Animal Lover

NicoLe is on a distinguished road

For my rules, I filtered and visited my rehomed dog usually.
Make sure the dog is adopted by an animal lovers..
and...
usually...
adopted by family with kids would be better and saver.
This kind of case is annoying
Old 07-09-2008, 12:42 PM
PetFinder Moderator

the homeless dog, if have people want adopt, is hard to do filtered. Too many rule they might no interest for adoption. They just want take and go. Simple is the best for homeless dog. Only can wishing the dog get a nice home and better life.

Old 07-09-2008, 01:08 PM
PetFinder Buddy

this hav been one of the issues bout adopter...is very hard to identified who is good and who is bad...by interview them they may also lie bout everything...da most annoying is da reputation of sincere adopters hav been spoiled by this ppl...so how do we find a better solution to this...tht is da question??
Old 07-09-2008, 01:15 PM
Founder, PetFinder.my

I agree with dog is my buddy. There are bound to be black sheeps everywhere, but if we make the procedure too tough or troublesome, it might deter away a lot of genuine adopters.

So in the end, what I believe matters most is that as many dogs as possible get a chance to be rehomed. I'm sure the happy and successful ones far outweigh the unlucky ones.

In fact, if you think of it, the "unluckly" dogs aren't really that unlucky. Once they get re-sold, they will still likely get a proper home in the end, right?
Old 07-10-2008, 06:53 AM
CEO, EzerNET

Ezer has disabled reputation

mw_pon, great news!

I hope the person doing this reads this post sometime down the road.

Andy and Dog is my buddy,

Yeah, my sentiments as well. In the end, the person who bought the dog will provide a good hom as well. So, if the seller gets the dog a good home, I think in the end, that's what matters most.
Old 07-11-2008, 02:09 AM
PetFinder Buddy

RoyBlue is on a distinguished road

Whoa... if that is the case... adopt for free and resale again... damn cilaka wei... really damn cilaka la that fellow. Gimme his address... I go rescue the doggie...

Yep... it's hard to filter out people like this. All we can do is to interview the potential adopters and make sure that this kinda things don't happen.
Old 07-11-2008, 06:04 AM
CEO, EzerNET

This is what I suggest and we'll likely install it into Petfinder.my later.

Whenever you have a pet adopted, key into the pet profile who adopted the pet. The section when you close a pet adoption will contain the adopter's:

Name
Address
Phone
IC
and possibly Photo.

And if we later found abuse by the adopter, their profile will be flagged in PetFinder.my and placed in the Abuse List. That way, eventually we can check up on a possible adopter to see if they have been flagged before or not.

If the abuse is bad, we'll even post it on the Hall Of Shame.
Old 07-11-2008, 10:32 AM
PetFinder Buddy

Ezer this may be a good idea too but wat if those ppl create a fake profile...with the add and phone number ppl lik me and dog is my buddy can check it out on behalf of the rescuer to make sure the adopter din mistreat the animal...
Old 07-11-2008, 03:22 PM
PetFinder Moderator

Roy,
Cool down, it was 10000:1 case. They only target for young pure breeds, we still have many dog lover plan for adopt homeless dog. We won't make they difficult or nightmare. They might think "What the hell so hard to get homeless dog! I better buy from pet shop mix breed rm200-300" you can see the affect.

Old 07-12-2008, 03:19 AM
PetFinder Buddy

RoyBlue is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog is my buddy View Post
Roy,
Cool down, it was 10000:1 case. They only target for young pure breeds, we still have many dog lover plan for adopt homeless dog. We won't make they difficult or nightmare. They might think "What the hell so hard to get homeless dog! I better buy from pet shop mix breed rm200-300" you can see the affect.
Yeah... I suppose... it's just that it's like spitting at our hard work. I agree with Ezer's plan....

having a track system for the adopters and putting them in the hall of shame (or worse) if they abuse...
Old 07-12-2008, 10:16 PM
CEO, EzerNET

Quote:
Originally Posted by mw_pon View Post
Ezer this may be a good idea too but wat if those ppl create a fake profile...with the add and phone number ppl lik me and dog is my buddy can check it out on behalf of the rescuer to make sure the adopter din mistreat the animal...
They can't lie about it because when they collect their animals, the rescuers needs to see their IC and key in their info in the pet profile so that it can be stored permanently... We'll see..
Old 07-12-2008, 11:06 PM
Animal Lover

miickies is on a distinguished road

I'm the true owner Raymond here . there are a misunderstaing in between me and my girl friend .. please stop the misunderstanding .. i'm trying to withdrawn the AD you all said . i duno the LOG IN ID ~!
Old 07-12-2008, 11:21 PM
Founder, PetFinder.my

Raymond, I am glad the issue has been resolved. Adopting the dog involves your commitment to take good care of him for life, and you should not give him away for such trivial reasons.

If problems recur, I hope you will still take up the responsibility of Truffles, or at least get in touch with Carnea again and request assistance from her.

You can go to the following AdPost page to retrieve your login, then proceed to cancel the ad.

Last edited by AndyKoh; 07-12-2008 at 11:24 PM.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:23 AM
CEO, EzerNET

Quote:
Originally Posted by miickies View Post
I'm the true owner Raymond here . there are a misunderstaing in between me and my girl friend .. please stop the misunderstanding .. i'm trying to withdrawn the AD you all said . i duno the LOG IN ID ~!
Raymond, thanks for getting back to us about this misunderstanding. I hope you resolve your issues with your girlfriend.. :)

Pets are really our companion for life!

And since this issue has been resolved, I am moving this thread out of the Hall Of Shame and into the Success Stories forum because, well, we have successfully resolved this issue after all and thanks to Raymond's quick response to this problem.