Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Reviews, Notices & Stories > Vets & Docs Reviews

Vets & Docs Reviews Discuss, recommend, and review the people providing health care for your pets, ie, the animal docs.

Old 09-26-2016, 09:03 AM
Animal Lover

mindy88 is on a distinguished road
Angry Which vets can ACTUALLY treat skin problems?

Are there any vets in Malaysia that actually know how to diagnose and treat skin problems in dogs?

I have taken my dogs to numerous vets to seek treatment for skin rashes, itching, hair loss etc and get the same response and treatment from all of them.

That response is it is an allergy they prescribe the same antibiotics, steroids and pills plus they recommend the buying the hypoallergenic dog foods they sell at very high prices.

Many of these vets DO NOT take hair, skin or swab samples to try and determine the cause of the problem and prescribe a proper treatment.

WHERE ARE THE COMPETENT VETS THAT KNOW HOW TO DIAGNOSE AND TREAT SKIN PROBLEMS CORRECTLY?

I love my dogs, bath them regularly, keep my compound swept and mopped everyday, wash their bedding regularly, feed them a good balanced diet with fresh cooked food.

Why is it that we as responsible caring dog owners cannot find any competent vets to help our babies.

I am very frustrated after spending thousands to try and keep my dogs in good health without much success.
Old 10-02-2016, 06:39 PM
Animal Lover

KiskaKiska is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Which vets can ACTUALLY treat skin problems?

Skin problem is a very difficult to cure even for human cases. I guess there is no good vets for this problem.

I only suggest you to try some natural remedies.
I also suffered so long from skin problem myself, but luckily found a good Chinese doctor in Singapore.
And also I studied about soap. Those pet shampoo are nothing different from the kitchen soap, just imagine how harmful they are. Better forget about it even they say this is "natural". NO. In the nature, there is no soap or shampoo. Wash too much the skin cause a lot of problem.
Try not to use any cleansers. If you cannot take it, choose the natural soap which are hand made cold process soap, containing more olive oil. They are very gentle. Only hand made soap, not the commercial one, I also learned how to make it myself for my own use and for my dogs and cats.

Maybe nice to massage the skin with olive oil or coconut oil?
Skin needs oil. My friend told me she cleaned the cat ear with coconut oil.

Also can suspect the diet.

I only go for natural remedies. There is a herbal vet in England, but also in Malaysia, there is a clinic selling the herbal medicine. I don't know whether they are good as vet or not, but recently my kittens has recovered very effectively from the severe diarrhea with their ayurvedic medicine. They are in Batu Cave, worth to check?

http://kmvetpharm.com.my/site/index.php?cat=7
Old 10-08-2016, 08:50 AM
Animal Lover

Thanks for the info. Have tried most of these except the coconut oil which I am going to try now.
Old 10-23-2016, 09:35 AM
Animal Lover

I think the skin and hair loss on my dog was actually being caused by the treatment prescribed by the vets. Steroid pills, steroid creams and antibiotics.

Since I stopped all medication from the vets and started giving fish oil daily and using coconut oil on the skin he appears to be scratching less and his fur is growing back.

If your dog is having the same problems you may want to try it and see if it works for you and your furkid.
Old 11-13-2016, 10:05 AM
Animal Lover

1 Month on using fish oil and coconut oil has seen my dogs hair growing back and his skin is clear from the pimples he once had.

I think this is proving many of his problems were being caused by the prescribing of drugs and steroid creams by vets.

If you ar having the same problems with your dog try using fish and cocnut oil instead of vet prescribed cures that do noting bu make things worse and cost you a lot of money.
Old 11-14-2016, 11:23 PM
Animal Lover

ky20uuen is on a distinguished road

Hi there,

You can try Hands N Paws Veterinary Clinic & Pet Centre.
G-21, Block B, Merchant Square, Jalan Tropicana Selatan, Tropicana, 47410 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
The veterinarians there are really professional with affordable fees.

I brought my dog there for his spinal injury resulting in hind legs weakness and diagnosed as well with skin problem due to urine burn.

Good luck to you.
Old 03-20-2019, 06:36 AM
Animal Lover

thevaguy is on a distinguished road

I will be in Malaysia in the next few days along with my pet and this thread is really helpful to me. My pet is a dachshund so I just want to make sure that we can have a vet that we can go to especially if my pet is experiencing any health issues. I really can't watch my pet all the time since I will be working here in Malaysia for at least one month as my boss has assigned me here. Really have been caught up with helping people here with their invoices and make it easier for them to do so, which is the reason why I can't watch my pet. Overall, I will still look for Google maps if ever there are options to choose based on my area.