Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Latest News & Happenings > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself to our fun community and meet some new friends here!

Old 07-30-2008, 02:37 PM
Animal Lover

steffy1811 is on a distinguished road
Default Wow, catching up huh...

Hello all,

Well done definitely to the people behind petfinder. Forum definitely picking up.

I got introduced to this space by RoyBlue. Thats my bf. Old timers from pp.com would probably already know me. The rest of newbies, RoyBlue's 2 devils that he is staying with are actually my devils lah.

Rascal, devil who flew back from US. I flew him back 2 years ago when my time in the US was up. He was a pound dog. Ok nicer way, I took him from the Indiana Cocker Rescue Centre. Yes yes, all cockers only. Since its the US, very hard to find an english one lah. But Rascal is probably mix english. RoyBlue's intro page got his picture. So I no need to add again lah here. I did all the paperwork myself okie....hahah then again dealing with the malaysian side, can vomit blood I tell you all. Thats how I can understand ppl charge until 20k to fly a dog back. Haha.

Gizmo, got it from a friend, friend here in Malaysia. This one kaki gaduh, kaki bully, kaki curi food, you name it lah, All in one. Also a cocker spaniel but ACS lah. Pure ACS.

Now latest edition, Milo the jack rascal terror who has an obsession with balls. Milo is RoyBlue's charge. So I am not involved in the training process.

Oh, animal lover dont exactly fit me lahh...how come cannot choose 'Others'. I only like dogs and certain type of dogs. I hate cats, dont fancy reptiles, terrified of insects and dont appreciate aquatic life, dont really like rodents as well. So how, animal lover mana ngam?
Old 07-31-2008, 02:27 PM
Founder, PetFinder.my

AndyKoh has disabled reputation
Default Re: Wow, catching up huh...

Hi Steffy, welcome to our forum and joining us pet maniacs here!

What were the procedures, duration and cost of "importing" Rascal into Malaysia? Sounds like a headache process to me haha...

Oh, Milo has an obsession with balls and Roy's in charge? Well, he better be careful Milo doesn't chew on the wrong ones.. get him a chastity belt for protection ahah

Ok, I'll add the option for you, "Sort-Of-Animal-Lover-That-Hates-Cats-Reptiles-Insects-Amphibians-Rodents"!
Old 08-01-2008, 11:58 AM
Animal Lover

hahaha yeah yeah, thats more like it!

When ppl see i got 2 dogs, they say "wow, you're really an animal lover huh". Rajin, I will reply "er.....rephrase that ok. More like cocker spaniel lover to be specific"

Hate ah... hate cats only lah..... terrified doesnt mean hate lor, dont appreciate doesnt mean hate too. I mean, my dad is arowana crazy now. So when I go home, all I see are those super expensive supposedly hundreds of thousndands ringgit worth of fishes looking back at me. They swim left-right and right to left. Then what? The fact that they are worth that amount is probably the only thing that makes me try to stare at them and appreciate their beauty. But, what lah..... what to look at? Count their silver/golden scales is it?

Aiyo the process of bringing rascal back ah.... i think can start a whole new thread on its own lah. But a lot of paperwork lor. And the fact that our system ah, somehow import permit doesnt link with quarantine centres, so you gotta make sure your quarantine space is booked especially at KLIA, cos you know lah, KLIA is the main liao lor. So if all quarantine space full ah, then you dog arrive, DIE. You better be praying someone somehow knows the director somewhere to come and save your A**. If not, they have the right to put your dog down on arrival. Then they will blame you saying you didnt book the space. Or they will transfer you dog to another quarantine area I.E JB, or northern entry points. Then upon release, not say they will transport back to KLIA for you, you sendiri go pick up from those centres.

So everytime i call back to malaysia, i have to like press 20+ digits of numbers just to get the line ENGAGED!!! wah lau eh... i use phone card there mah. So phone card access already like 12 or 16 digits. Then plus our country code + no. another what 13 digits, isnt it press until my finger numb.

I kena ok, dial for like 3 times and all engaged. Only got through at 4th try and guess what. they tell me i have to fax over my import permit + flight schedule + vaccination records including rabbies. Fax all over already only call again to reserve quarantine... how come no where on our super caggih govn website that says, after obtaining import permit, to fax all over to quarantine only book? Submit all that liao ah, must call again 1day prior to arrival to confirm betul betul the spot already book. To make matters worst, i arrived on a saturday lor.... so you know the working culture ah, wait the fella decided dont want to go to KLIA and meet me and take rascal to quarantine how? After all, they are still govn officers and not required to work on weekends and PH tau.

aiya, next time got ppl wanna bring dog in from US, you know who to find lah. Only from US ah, other countries i donnu liao. some countries no need quarantine also.

But warning lah, deal with govn ah . Better make sure the name of the person that tell you story A. Wait you arrive, you hear story B and they question you who told you story A, at least you can answer them back. Get name, position, dept. Record time and date of call. Worst thing, on the official website, you get another version, story C!

Lesson learned the hard way, Dont arrive on a weekend. Charges are double. And also there is a possibility they wont turn up! Luckily never arrive on a sunday.
Old 08-02-2008, 02:38 AM
CEO, EzerNET

Ezer has disabled reputation

Yay! Steffy is onboard!

Now we have the notorious DUO! You know who the other one is, the man behind the mask!
Old 08-02-2008, 11:47 AM
PetFinder Buddy

RoyBlue is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezer View Post
Yay! Steffy is onboard!

Now we have the notorious DUO! You know who the other one is, the man behind the mask!
Wah.... like RoyBashing session going on here. Milo IS BALL CRAZY prolly because he's a monorchid (in short, he's got only ONE TESTICLE) But he's fun to have around. He's super attached to me earning him the nickname "koyok" or medicated plaster. He follows me EVERYWHERE, which can be annoying sometimes.

Yes, Ezer... The Notorious Duo is here, So next time if you see a couple with 2 American Cockers and probably a Jack Russell, you'll know it's us.
Old 08-02-2008, 09:59 PM
CEO, EzerNET

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyBlue View Post
Wah.... like RoyBashing session going on here. Milo IS BALL CRAZY prolly because he's a monorchid (in short, he's got only ONE TESTICLE) But he's fun to have around. He's super attached to me earning him the nickname "koyok" or medicated plaster. He follows me EVERYWHERE, which can be annoying sometimes.

Yes, Ezer... The Notorious Duo is here, So next time if you see a couple with 2 American Cockers and probably a Jack Russell, you'll know it's us.
Hehe... well, I'll look out for 2 Cockers and a couple with a bunch of Jack Daniels!

Say hi to Milo for me..
Old 08-03-2008, 11:25 AM
PetFinder Buddy

Quote:
Hehe... well, I'll look out for 2 Cockers and a couple with a bunch of Jack Daniels!

Say hi to Milo for me..
Milo is currently at my feet as i type this. His basic obedience training is about finished. Will put him up for adoption soon.... Any interested parties may direct your queries to me.
Old 08-04-2008, 04:34 PM
CEO, EzerNET

^ post him up at the petfinder for adoption.. i am sure someone will grab him up....
Old 08-05-2008, 12:26 AM
PetFinder Buddy

Quote:
^ post him up at the petfinder for adoption.. i am sure someone will grab him up....
I actually almost cried when i hit the submit button when i finished his adoption profile.... I just feel as if i'm betraying him.....
Old 08-05-2008, 12:39 AM
CEO, EzerNET

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyBlue View Post
I actually almost cried when i hit the submit button when i finished his adoption profile.... I just feel as if i'm betraying him.....
Awww... the devil behind the mask is actually a guy with a big heart!...

well, let's wish your Milo gets a good home... prob not as crazy a home as he's used to...
Old 08-05-2008, 09:17 AM
Animal Lover

Oh...kena hijack. No wonder royblue pagi pagi buta just now tell me my post got hijacked.

Ala...just a few additional out of topic comments not considered hijacked yet lah. I thought already PAGES long since I last checked.

Yes yes Milo is up for adoption. Every morning, it is mua that take the dogs out for their business ok. *where's the rolling eyes smiley?* Dah lah the house gate metal gap so big. Milo pulak like my other 2 big giants pantang cats. I scared terlepas the leash, that time I am not going after some dog chase mannn......

one more thing, chances of you seeing a couple with 2 cockers is rare lahh cos we rarely take rascal out. Only Gizmo. Easier to handle. Rascal is big, so need more force to pull him back. I dont think tying him to a table is such a great idea.
Old 08-08-2008, 03:03 PM
Tok Penghulu

Penghulu is on a distinguished road

Selamat Datang /Welcome steffy, I m also new here....
By the way hope you do enjoy the forum here....
Thnx

MJ
Old 08-08-2008, 09:20 PM
PetFinder Guru

filinlee is on a distinguished road

welcome steffy..!~

cheerios...