Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Pet Welfare, Rescue & Adoption > General Discussion

General Discussion General information and discuss on animal rescue, adoption and advocacy

Old 01-10-2010, 04:34 PM
Animal Lover

xxept0 is on a distinguished road
Default Need help and suggenstion with organizing Pet Adoption Drive

Hi there!

Just a brief introduction here. I'm a college student from Penang. In association with my college Creative Strategy project, I have decided to attempt to run a pet adoption drive.

One small problem. I have no experience in organizing an event. And it's not a figure of speech. It is indeed a small problem because some of my friends have had experience

The bigger problem are things such as who can I contact for things like sponsors? Who can I call if I'm planning on selling spots for booths? Who can I call that rents out canopies and tables at a reasonable price for a non-profit event? Do I need to organize games, events, etc? Maybe something like a obedience or agility demonstration? Who do I call for that?

And the biggest headache... LOCATION! I'm not familiar with any large spaces (outdoors?) that allows animals there. And if you guys can recommend me one, I'll do the work in finding out who I can contact about it. Deal? =D Oh, and I'd prefer location that is centralized, for convenience. But Penang is an island, so if that's not possible I'm sure people won't mind driving a little!

At any rate, any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

p/s Sorry if this is the wrong board, but there wasn't one that said "Post here if you are a total noob and want to organize a Pet Adoption drive" so I thought this was as close as I was ever going to get.