Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Latest News & Happenings > Events

Events Latest happenings and events pertaining to pets and animal welfare

Old 09-16-2008, 02:11 AM
Founder, PetFinder.my

AndyKoh has disabled reputation
Exclamation Pet Adoption Drive - Bangsar Village, Oct 4

Sabrina Yeap of Furry Friends Farm (FFF) has invited PetFinder to parcipate in a Pet Adoption event at Bangsar Village on Oct 4 organized by them, in conjunction with World Animal Day. FFF will be bringing dogs for adoption in the morning, and afternoon 4:30pm - 7pm would be for the cats. Sabrina has generously invited PetFinder to use the area to showcase our rescued cats on that day.

Rescuers with cats for adoption, please reply to this post or PM/email me ASAP to let me know of your availability on that day. The area should be able to fit about 20 cats. For those bringing cats, please drive your car to Jalan Telawi 1 and unload your cats there. The booth area is right at that road along the pavement, beneath the overhead bridge connecting Bangsar Village 1 & 2.

This is a great chance for us to have a little gathering there, and to save some animals at the same time!

Below is the day's itinerary:

Quote:
Furry Friends Farm will be celebrating The World Animal Day on the 4th of October, Saturday.

The main aim of our invitation is to acknowledge the contribution of the kind efforts by individual pet rescuers to have given hopes of survival to all abandoned and abused cats and kittens and to promote responsible pet ownership.

Event : World Animal Day
Venue: Jalan Telawi 1 (At the pavement beneath the overhead bridge connecting Bangsar Village 1 & 2)
Date : Oct 4th, 2008 (Sat)
Time : 8:30 am to 8:00 pm

Our programmes will be as follow :

06.30 am: Areas set up

08.30 am: Dog Walk registration

09.30am - Speech by Founder of Furry Friends Farm (Sabrina Yeap). After speech, dog walk participants will be educated on cleanliness of dog's stool ( plastic bags, gloves, old newspaper and toiletroll will be provided)

10.00am - World Animal Day Dog Walk

11.00am - Grooming session by wow wow & meow meow (pet shop) for FFF Dog Sweetie demonstration.

12.00pm - Children's Art Competition

01.00pm - Samak Soap presentation. A sopa specially made for Muslim's Dog Handlers.

01.30pm - Furry Friends Farm's Anniversary Cake Cutting followed by performance from Violinist, Dennis Low

02.00pm - Children's Art Competition Prize Giving

02.30pm - Demonstration of Dr.Dog examinations and certifications. Taking registrations for future Dr Dog examinations.
- College Students sketch play ( subject to change )
- Photographing Session with Furry Kids. We will be charging the public for each photo taken with our furry kids.

4:30pm to 7pm - Adoption drive for PetFinder's cats

Booth 1 : There will be photos sessions for all participants with our dogs and cats.

Booth 2 : Blackwood will be selling their products

Booth 3 : Selling T-shirts for humans with animal logos

Booth 4: Samak Soap for muslim dog handlers

Booth 5 : Cakes and delicacies sold by Lucia to raise funds for FFF

Last edited by AndyKoh; 09-28-2008 at 11:54 PM.
Old 09-16-2008, 08:45 AM
PetFinder Guru

lynielime is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Pet Adoption Drive - Bangsar Village, Oct 4 - 5

Hi andy. I've got four foster kittens in need of good homes. By october might be 3 kittens coz someone's interested in fluffers. Can i bring them?
Old 09-16-2008, 11:35 AM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

FurKids is on a distinguished road

Oooops, sorry!

Last edited by FurKids; 09-16-2008 at 03:31 PM.
Old 09-16-2008, 02:45 PM
Banned

ashleywong is on a distinguished road

Hi Andy

samantha's kitten need to be rehomed but i'm not sure whether it is at the appropriate age then. can i join in last minute???
Old 09-16-2008, 04:34 PM
Banned

Hi Andy

i'd like to volunteer my help, how may i get in touch with sabrina?

thanks
ashley
Old 09-16-2008, 11:22 PM
Founder, PetFinder.my

Hi Lynie and Ashley, yes, you are welcomed to bring your feline kids for adoption.

I don't have confirmed timings and details yet - but have added more info that I just received from Sabrina, at the first post of this thread. Carnea will likely be bringing some of their cats too.

I'll keep you guys posted, and will coordinate it with Sabrina. For any others interested in bringing your cats for adoption or volunteering, please leave a msg here or contact me asap.
Old 09-17-2008, 01:49 AM
Azman

catt413 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to catt413

Alamak.. 4 ngan 5 haribulan.. masih bercuti di kampung tu... hari Raya.. rugi nya tak leh nak pergi...
Old 09-17-2008, 11:08 AM
Banned

Hi All

even if you can't help out at this adoption drive you can always contribute to furry friends farms. visit their website http://furryfriendsfarm2006.blogspot...rina-yeap.html

they're in need of donations either cash or products ( a list is put up at the website).

i'm going to donate some dog food there. anybody wanna join me. ms sabrina has requested that we not donate Alpo or Friskies brand of dog food. i'm going to donate natural balance as i'm familiar with this.
Old 09-18-2008, 08:21 PM
PetFinder Buddy

skeezer is on a distinguished road

hi andy...

i want to join.. i have 3 cats,and 3 kittens with their mom... i really need to find a new shelter for them... for now,i have a lots of financial problem and cant keep them anymore... and, my neighbour keep complaining abt the cats... they suggest me to throw them at the 'pasar' ... but i dont want to to that... tak sampai hati..

i really hope that i can join on oct 4-5..
Old 09-18-2008, 09:18 PM
.:: Baby, I dig you! ::.

Location: Subang Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia, World of Animal Lurve...
BabyZee is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BabyZee

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeezer View Post
hi andy...

i want to join.. i have 3 cats,and 3 kittens with their mom... i really need to find a new shelter for them... for now,i have a lots of financial problem and cant keep them anymore... and, my neighbour keep complaining abt the cats... they suggest me to throw them at the 'pasar' ... but i dont want to to that... tak sampai hati..

what?!
buang dekat pasar?ini la mentaliti orang yang nak senang aja..
apa yang dorg complainkan skeezer? zee rasa takdala sampai kucing2 tu buat hidup dorg merana kan..
takpela, dah ada adoption drive ni, cari kan la dorg rumah yang baik...
mekapkan dorg chumel2 ye...

for me i'm sorry to say that i can't attend it as it still in my raya holiday and still at kampung that time, hope will be able to join in the future as i've never participated in this type of event...
Old 09-19-2008, 10:20 AM
PetFinder Buddy

skeezer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyZee View Post
what?!
buang dekat pasar?ini la mentaliti orang yang nak senang aja..
apa yang dorg complainkan skeezer? zee rasa takdala sampai kucing2 tu buat hidup dorg merana kan..
takpela, dah ada adoption drive ni, cari kan la dorg rumah yang baik...
mekapkan dorg chumel2 ye...

for me i'm sorry to say that i can't attend it as it still in my raya holiday and still at kampung that time, hope will be able to join in the future as i've never participated in this type of event...

baby zee... actually my cats menggangu pencemaran bau dierang...lately i cant afford to buy pasir.. so dat i have to biarkan my cats to poo poo kat tepi tepi pokok and belakang rumah... and my neighbour said that bau busuk masuk rumah.... sigh.. what to do, for now i have to bersabar and sabar and sabar...
Old 09-19-2008, 10:30 AM
Banned

Pawprints is on a distinguished road

Quote:
hi andy...

Skeezer, tak sampai hati only ke your reaction? Read the Hall of Shame on TTDI Pasar.

Heret your neighbour, tanggal baju dia dan buang dia dekat tong sampah besar kat pasar ... besok pagi Alam Flora datang bungkus dia ... end of problem for your cats ... only your cats, not you.
Old 09-19-2008, 10:34 AM
Banned

Pawprints is on a distinguished road

Quote:
baby zee... actually my cats menggangu pencemaran bau dierang...lately i cant afford to buy pasir.. so dat i have to biarkan my cats to poo poo kat tepi tepi pokok and belakang rumah... and my neighbour said that bau busuk masuk rumah.... sigh.. what to do, for now i have to bersabar and sabar and sabar...
Kenapa hanya kena guna pasir? Kenapa tak guna surat khabar lama free mcm saya? Kalau you isi satu pasu bunga besar (yg besar panjang jenama Baba) dengan tanah sebagai tandas dan letakkan dalam kawasan you sendiri, mereka akan selalu pegi ke sana.

If you do not do something and solve your problem, your neighbour will solve it for you but trapping your cats and dumping them in the pasar, transfering the problem somewhere else. But it is your innocent cats that bear the suffering! Are your cats neutered?
Old 09-19-2008, 11:36 PM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road
Default Pet Adoption Drive - Bangsar Village, Oct 4 - 5

Skeezer byk kutip strays dan bawa pulang. ruang rmh dia kecik overloaded dgn cats/kitten.and the neighbour are not very kind either. biasalah manusia ni.dia student dan capacity utk jaga kucing pun tak besar.lebih baik rehome kucing2 tu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawprints View Post
Kenapa hanya kena guna pasir? Kenapa tak guna surat khabar lama free mcm saya? Kalau you isi satu pasu bunga besar (yg besar panjang jenama Baba) dengan tanah sebagai tandas dan letakkan dalam kawasan you sendiri, mereka akan selalu pegi ke sana.

If you do not do something and solve your problem, your neighbour will solve it for you but trapping your cats and dumping them in the pasar, transfering the problem somewhere else. But it is your innocent cats that bear the suffering! Are your cats neutered?
Old 09-20-2008, 12:46 PM
Founder, PetFinder.my

Default Re: Pet Adoption Drive - Bangsar Village, Oct 4

The event has been updated - it will only be on Oct 4th, and PetFinder's showcase of rescued cats will take place between 3pm - 7pm.

Please read my first post for the itinerary and details.
Old 09-20-2008, 04:46 PM
PetFinder Fosterer

Mia_Katz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKoh View Post
The event has been updated - it will only be on Oct 4th, and PetFinder's showcase of rescued cats will take place between 3pm - 7pm.

Please read my first post for the itinerary and details.
Hai Andy..
about Pet Adoption Drive - Bangsar Village, bangsar village the new (got sakei sushi) or the old 1 (got cold storge & toy 'r' us)...
Old 09-20-2008, 05:53 PM
Animal Lover

jiannan is on a distinguished road

hey andy,
where is the venue of this drive?
n do u need any volunteer?
Old 09-20-2008, 05:57 PM
Animal Lover

jiannan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleywong View Post
Hi All

even if you can't help out at this adoption drive you can always contribute to furry friends farms. visit their website http://furryfriendsfarm2006.blogspot...rina-yeap.html

they're in need of donations either cash or products ( a list is put up at the website).

i'm going to donate some dog food there. anybody wanna join me. ms sabrina has requested that we not donate Alpo or Friskies brand of dog food. i'm going to donate natural balance as i'm familiar with this.
can i join u for the dog food donation?
i'm a student so i hope u dont expect much from me
r u coming for the pet adoption drive at bangsar village?
Old 09-20-2008, 06:32 PM
Banned

hi jiannan

[QUOTE=jiannan;11306]can i join u for the dog food donation?[QUOTE]

thanks for the offer, that's very generous of you. there's no minimum amount you have to donate, it's from the heart.

do you wish to go to furry friend farm too? i need to set up the time with ms sabrina then i'll pm you, is that okay? be sure you check this thread for update or alternately pls pm me your email address.

also, i'm going to the adoption drive at bangsar village and i hope i can find time to volunteer to help out. however "my" kitten is not old enough to be rehomed then.

my sis was thinking of bringing our own cats there to join in the fun but i'm not sure we can handle that - they always freak out when there's noise and crowd.
Old 09-20-2008, 10:56 PM
Animal Lover

cerz is on a distinguished road

this would be of good opportunity to put everyone's cats for adoption, however, it would be wise to NEUTER any cat that is above 4-5months of age before bringing them for the adoption event, or else there will be no point in finding a random home for the cat and cat may end up pregnant (and owner that is not as attached to the cat/ or basically have no heart for them will dump them altogether on the streets/SPCA) and thereby contributing to the over flowing stray population which in time, we have to rescue even more cats then. Therefore, its very important to make it a point for adopters to neuter the cat if its too young to be done b4 adoption. U may even take down their address, phone no., etc to keep in touch with them. goodluck everyone and hope for all the best for our furry frens! thks

*there is a gov vet that does neutering for cats at RM60 per female cat and RM40 per male cat at DBKL airpanas klinik kembiri , call to make an appointment at 03-40243446 (open everyday, close on monday). It shd be ok to ask the adopter to reimburse for the cost of neutering sine they have to do it anyway.

Last edited by cerz; 09-20-2008 at 11:03 PM.