Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Reviews, Notices & Stories > Hall of Shame

Hall of Shame There are lots of cruel and inconsiderate people out there. Expose their cruel deeds to the world and let them be shamed!

Old 02-26-2010, 04:11 PM
Animal Lover

malanil is on a distinguished road
Default Poisoning my beloved Cat... CAT KILLER!

7 years ago, my friend gave me a Persian Cat by the name of Rascal aged 8 months whom i fondly named him 'Rascal Crowe'. Rascal has been living with me and my family ever since then.

Rascal is the last cat i have since i lost my other cat, Furball in August. Rascal is the most timid and loving cat among my 5 other cats who have also passed on in the last few years. Being a timid and obedient cat, he doesn't litter just anywhere other than his favourite litter box or outside the box if it's soiled. Rascal is just one of those cats who doesn't eat just anything is on the table and drinks only clean water.

Just about 2 months ago, we moved over to our new place. And Rascal was allowed out of the house to get used to his new surroundings.

Out of the blue, our neighbour, Mrs. A whom we thought was friendly, complained to our maid that Rascal has been going to her compound. Therefore, we explained to her about Rascal's behaviour. But day after day, Mrs. A, who is in her early 30s who is babysitting 3 children aged from 2 to 7 years old, kept complaining about smelly cat litter in her compound.

As we have been used to the smell of Rascal's litter, we knew immediately that litter does not belong to Rascal.

After making many complaints and remarks to her friends loudly in front of the house deliberately to catch our attention, my maid tried explaining to her that she's seen other strays loitering around the area. But Mrs. A insists that it was Rascal.

A month passed on, when we found Rascal coming out of my neighbour's compound with foam in his mouth. And in just two hours later, Rascal was found lying dead with his eyes wide opened.

That was 2 days before the Chinese New Year and my family were so devastated that we've vowed put this prime suspect pay for what she's done.

Mrs A and family packed off for the whole week. Somehow, due to her eagerness to know the end result, Mrs A's brother, just suddenly asked my maid about the whereabouts of Rascal, claiming that he's not seen Rascal around during their absence? Why bother when they hate cats?

Our maid gave the excuse that Rascal was staying with a friend of ours for the Chinese New year break. However, a week has passed and the Mrs A and family, came home from their holiday. Only two hours after arrival, Mrs A asked about Rascal and again she got the same answer. Mrs A couldn't keep her hatred that she even mentioned again she hates cats.

With all these behaviours, it has been clearly shown who was the culprit to Rascal's death.

Just the next day, Mrs. A, found litter in the barbeque pit outside her house. Losing her cool, she approached my maid in anger and asked again. This time she accused us for keeping Rascal indoors.

A day after that, a stray cat was seen littering in her compound by her son. Mrs. A with such great hatred, took a broom and tried chasing the cat down the road. doesn't she understand that a cat could run faster than her?

Now it is proven Mrs. A was the one who have murdered my dear Rascal. Her actions was merely to make sure her poison did the job and if not, she will increase her dosage? Guilt is never in her mind. If I have a chance to proof her cruelty, I will. I hope I can proof her cruelty to SPCA one day. Everyday I pray that she will be punished for the sins she's done.

My opinion, if she hates cats, then she should stay somewhere in a jungle OR learn how to live with them. There are many ways to keep cats out of your compound. Don't kill, but take necessary measures to keep them away.
Taking away an innocent life without feeling remorse is something untolerable. I wish she will live in guilt to admit her own mistakes. If she can kill a cat, do you think she will not do the same to the kids she is taking care of, if they come in her way? I hope the parents of the kids she's babysitting will be aware how dangerous this person can be....

Anyone with more ideas on how to nail this person, please give me your ideas and advise. I want her to be charged for CRUELTY TO ANIMALS! I know she will continue to do this without stopping.

Rest in peace dear Rascal and may God bless you always. We will do our best to make sure this person will not do the same to other animals.
Old 02-27-2010, 10:11 AM
PetFinder Guru

Sashy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Poisoning my beloved Cat... CAT KILLER!

Sorry to hear about your loss, its not safe to let your pets roam around when these kind of neighbours are about ... :(

Sadly, unless you have solid evidence, I don't think theres much you can do. You don't want to get into a vicious revenge cycle. Just let it go, and move to a better place if you can. Keep your pets safe (but its hard because cats like to roam). What goes around, comes around. God has eyes everywhere