Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Reviews, Notices & Stories > Hall of Shame

Hall of Shame There are lots of cruel and inconsiderate people out there. Expose their cruel deeds to the world and let them be shamed!

Old 09-22-2008, 04:58 PM
PetFinder Guru

Location: Seri Kembangan, Selangor (Yeah, we got free water!)
sillylupie is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Injured Cat Found.

Bell?? Oh what a beautiful name!!

Darren you are doing a great deed with Bell, in a way, you are her guardian angel!! Like what we chinese would like to believe, it takes fate to bring two beings together!

By the way, I'd like to contribute too, for Bell ... will PM u!

sillylupie-shop
http://sillylupie-shop.blogspot.com
Old 09-22-2008, 04:59 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

FurKids is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by filinlee View Post
june kalo kasi minum ors yang perisa oren boleh? like my cats kalo sakit x nak minum air biasa.. i bagi ors..yang oren tuh... vet kata ok.. janji dia minum.. ehehe.. its like atreat for them.....
Filin, it is NOT OK!
Old 09-22-2008, 05:06 PM
Banned

ashleywong is on a distinguished road

Hi darren

sillylupi sums up my thought exactly. belle is a pretty gal and a determined gal.

you have my hp no. you can either pM me the details or sms also. :-)
Old 09-22-2008, 06:06 PM
PetFinder Buddy

Darren is on a distinguished road

hi all..

thank you again 4 ur support... sillyluppie... thank you for your generous contribution...

me and bell went to the vet this afternoon... the stitches are still good and there are high possiblity that the wound stitches can heal according to the 2 - 3 weeks.

Her tail/ nerve that causes difficulty to pee, could be causing the pee+blood mix. however, consistent bladder emptying may help to maintain from going to worse conds.

Her berak problem... already feeded with laxative, and the "packages" comes consistently from time to time... ... well, gotta get use to it...

Will wait for a few hours/days to see the laxative in full action... i gotta run up to the pharmacy and standby some disposable gloves and nose masks for this...
Old 09-22-2008, 06:17 PM
Banned

hi darren

are you using the laxatives under veterinary advice and supervision...i hope you are. pls also check with your vet, when laxative is used on belle, will belle suffer from dehydration, if yes, what else you need to do for belle to counter this, if not does belle need to eat soft food to help her with her bowel movement.

pls let me know if you need help to locate natural balance. what you can do is to soak the kibbles in water to soften it so it's more easily digestible.

i've come across cases of kittens/cats that get diarhea or bad stool from taking whiskas. not to scare you but thought you should know.

i've pm you the details on how to track down natural balance. give me a holler if you need help
Old 09-22-2008, 06:36 PM
PetFinder Buddy

hi ashley,

tq for the reminder...

the lax is prescribed by the vet after i tol them regarding his constipation problem... the vet says that it could be a lot of faeces accumulate there as we dont know how long is the injury and the last time she berak normal, so we need try to lessen the quantity by exiting watever is currentl inside so that bell's belly can be more comfortable.

dehydration possible, but we will try to repalce her lost water more. its a difficult balance, but early stages are just critical.

tq...

darren
Old 09-22-2008, 07:14 PM
.:: Baby, I dig you! ::.

Location: Subang Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia, World of Animal Lurve...
BabyZee is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BabyZee

wahhh...looks full of characteristic, so adorable...
Old 09-22-2008, 09:31 PM
PetFinder Guru

Location: Seri Kembangan, Selangor (Yeah, we got free water!)
sillylupie is on a distinguished road

Darren,

Remember to restrict Bell's movement, don't want her stitches to tear / open up! (It happened to my Lulu and I felt so guilty for having her to go through the ordeal again!!!)

Anyway, it is good news to hear that Bell is recovering! Yes, it can be very trying, especially with her incontinence, but don't give up, be strong ... we are here for you!!

sillylupie-shop
http://sillylupie-shop.blogspot.com
Old 09-23-2008, 09:22 AM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road
Default Injured Cat Found.

Darren, her symptom sounds like my Peterpan.Can she pee properly?? My Peterpan pee with blood also.Then the doctor have to do a minor surgery to remove the blood clot inside his bladder.After that I was forced to feed Peterpan with water using syringe because he doesn't want to drink.Peterpan's bladder need to be compress everyday because he can't pee by himself.He lost control on his bladder. The vet prescibe laxative for him to poo.I fed him twice a week.To soften his stool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren View Post
hi all..

thank you again 4 ur support... sillyluppie... thank you for your generous contribution...

me and bell went to the vet this afternoon... the stitches are still good and there are high possiblity that the wound stitches can heal according to the 2 - 3 weeks.

Her tail/ nerve that causes difficulty to pee, could be causing the pee+blood mix. however, consistent bladder emptying may help to maintain from going to worse conds.

Her berak problem... already feeded with laxative, and the "packages" comes consistently from time to time... ... well, gotta get use to it...

Will wait for a few hours/days to see the laxative in full action... i gotta run up to the pharmacy and standby some disposable gloves and nose masks for this...
Old 09-23-2008, 10:04 AM
PetFinder Guru

filinlee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie007 View Post
yes, belle looks like your emot...emot has found lots of long lost cousins, eh?

eh, update the kittens' pics la...i want to see....i checked last nite, u haven't updated yet....
yea.. havent update yet... so bz..not finish packing my stuffs n emot stuffs yet...going back kampung ma... aiyoh....pening... once i update it i'll let u noe ok..?
yesterday their eyes are fully open.. eheheheh
Old 09-23-2008, 11:37 AM
PetFinder Buddy

Hi ashleywong,

Bell and us would like to thank you for your generous contribution...

I checked the shop that u mentioned just now, but its still closed. check it out later.

as of last nite. seems like the lax made her poo a few packages around.

this morning she managed to get up and walk away from us coz she know we want to feed her the (yuck) medicine...
Old 09-23-2008, 12:57 PM
Banned

Hi Daren

don't mention it.

hmm, i know that your belle is still too weak to struggle but i've a suggestion to keep her immobilise while you feed her the medicine, this way will reduce risk of her tearing her stitches, etc.

what you can do is wrap belle up in a blanket or towel, ensure that her legs and paws are positioned in a way when you wrap the cloth around her, they will be immobilised against her body but not strained or stretched in anyway, and she can't injure herself or you.

understand with belle's injury, you may need to feed her while she's lying down. if you can get her to sit up or in a crouched down position on her belly better still,

and if there's tablet, follow up with small sip of water from the syringe at the corner of the mouth, this will ensure they realy swallow the pills/tablets and these are not stuck inside their throat somehow.

remember the earlier post - don't feed with water when they're lying back prone like a baby, they will get water into their lungs.

good job my anna sends her kisses to belle.

belle looks like anna's twin when anna was much thinner last time.
Old 09-23-2008, 01:37 PM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road
Default Injured Cat Found.

Do you have cage?? I think you should cage her for temporary because she is not suppose to move her around.I mean not too many movement.

Quote:
Hi ashleywong,

Bell and us would like to thank you for your generous contribution...

I checked the shop that u mentioned just now, but its still closed. check it out later.

as of last nite. seems like the lax made her poo a few packages around.

this morning she managed to get up and walk away from us coz she know we want to feed her the (yuck) medicine...
Old 09-24-2008, 01:11 PM
PetFinder Buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleywong View Post
Hi Daren

don't mention it.

hmm, i know that your belle is still too weak to struggle but i've a suggestion to keep her immobilise while you feed her the medicine, this way will reduce risk of her tearing her stitches, etc.

what you can do is wrap belle up in a blanket or towel, ensure that her legs and paws are positioned in a way when you wrap the cloth around her, they will be immobilised against her body but not strained or stretched in anyway, and she can't injure herself or you.

understand with belle's injury, you may need to feed her while she's lying down. if you can get her to sit up or in a crouched down position on her belly better still,

and if there's tablet, follow up with small sip of water from the syringe at the corner of the mouth, this will ensure they realy swallow the pills/tablets and these are not stuck inside their throat somehow.

remember the earlier post - don't feed with water when they're lying back prone like a baby, they will get water into their lungs.

good job my anna sends her kisses to belle.

belle looks like anna's twin when anna was much thinner last time.
Hi ashley, that is a good and helpful tip tip that i will definitely use cos she's getting stronger day by day...
Old 09-24-2008, 01:18 PM
PetFinder Buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
Do you have cage?? I think you should cage her for temporary because she is not suppose to move her around.I mean not too many movement.
Hi June...

yeah, we put her in a cage that we temporary loan from another good samaritan.. in fact shes really calms her self lying and lazying in a pillow that we put for her inside the cage...

she gets stronger everyday... eats well, but we are still concern about her water.. she really dont drink much. we fed her water through syringe about 30 - 60 cc everyday. but we put a water bowl on standby inside her cage as we let her rest most of the time. her wound also shows some improvement.
Old 09-24-2008, 01:52 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

FurKids is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Hi June...

yeah, we put her in a cage that we temporary loan from another good samaritan.. in fact shes really calms her self lying and lazying in a pillow that we put for her inside the cage...

she gets stronger everyday... eats well, but we are still concern about her water.. she really dont drink much. we fed her water through syringe about 30 - 60 cc everyday. but we put a water bowl on standby inside her cage as we let her rest most of the time. her wound also shows some improvement.
Darren, headache trying to get Belle to drink? Simple solution to try: go to your favorite chicken rice shop and purchase RM5 of steamed chicken breast meat (not the fried one). Take a reasonable piece out and mash up with your fingers in a small bowl, adding 1-2 soup spoonful of warm water. You should get something like thick chicken meat stock. Do not add any salt and give it to Belle. If she is a chicken girl, she will easily lap up half a bowl and get lots of fluid into her system. However, if she is a fish girl, no problem, go to mamak shop and get a piece of tenggiri in curry (not the fried type), wash off all the spices and mash up adding some warm water.

Try it and hope you have good news to report back ...
Old 09-24-2008, 01:55 PM
Banned

hey furkid

thanks for the tips, now i know what i can do to get my cat to take when it is not feeling well.

Old 09-24-2008, 02:25 PM
PetFinder Buddy

skeezer is on a distinguished road

hello darren...

i just want to tell you that all petfinder's member is very supportive...
as in my case, i have to amputated my cats and as student i dont have money to bring my cat to vet..but thank god, kawan kawan at petfinder semua tolong financial and nasihat... i suggest you to try the gel gamat.. :)

now, my cat COMEL dah sihat sangat sangat... and until now, i feel terharu bcoz kawan kawan petfinder sanggup tolong eventhough tak kenal me..

for all my frens...
sorry tak updated pasal comel... sangat sangat busy sekarang.. but he is doing great now... suka wrestling with my other cats...

plssss hugs and kiss belle for me ok darren !! chaiyok chaiyok !!
Old 09-26-2008, 09:59 PM
PetFinder Buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurKids View Post
Darren, headache trying to get Belle to drink? Simple solution to try: go to your favorite chicken rice shop and purchase RM5 of steamed chicken breast meat (not the fried one). Take a reasonable piece out and mash up with your fingers in a small bowl, adding 1-2 soup spoonful of warm water. You should get something like thick chicken meat stock. Do not add any salt and give it to Belle. If she is a chicken girl, she will easily lap up half a bowl and get lots of fluid into her system. However, if she is a fish girl, no problem, go to mamak shop and get a piece of tenggiri in curry (not the fried type), wash off all the spices and mash up adding some warm water.

Try it and hope you have good news to report back ...
Hi Furkids, thanks for the tips

We tried your recipe on the chicken breast meat. She did drink a bit but not much.. maybe the chicken smell and tase not so strong. Will try the chicken stock next.

Last edited by Darren; 09-28-2008 at 08:15 PM.
Old 09-26-2008, 10:03 PM
PetFinder Buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeezer View Post
hello darren...

i just want to tell you that all petfinder's member is very supportive...
as in my case, i have to amputated my cats and as student i dont have money to bring my cat to vet..but thank god, kawan kawan at petfinder semua tolong financial and nasihat... i suggest you to try the gel gamat.. :)

now, my cat COMEL dah sihat sangat sangat... and until now, i feel terharu bcoz kawan kawan petfinder sanggup tolong eventhough tak kenal me..

for all my frens...
sorry tak updated pasal comel... sangat sangat busy sekarang.. but he is doing great now... suka wrestling with my other cats...

plssss hugs and kiss belle for me ok darren !! chaiyok chaiyok !!
Hi Skeezer... glad your comel is doing grreat.

i agree with what you say. petfinder members are very supportive and helpful. this is good, they are the special citizens who has the heart.