Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > The Animal Corner > Cats & Kittens > Training & Behavioral Issues

Training & Behavioral Issues Does your cat have an attitude, or just simply refuses to listen to you? Share it with your peers here and learn more about a cat's behavior and training methods

Old 01-21-2010, 09:45 AM
PetFinder Guru

Felix The Cat is on a distinguished road
Default Re: male cat on heat??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrester View Post
Felix The Cat, do you know that EVERY time your unspayed female cat goes into heat but does not get pregnant her it INCREASES her risk of developing cancer in her womb? And that the hormonal injections given to the unspayed female cats to control the heat cycle actually causes damage to her womb and greatly increases her risk of developing cancer? If you love your cats, always neuter them early. Forget about having kittens, you can get very nice ones from the street (free) or pet shops (pay), save them and give them a loving home to stop their suffering. What happens if your cat gives birth to sickly, handicapped or plain-looking kittens that you do not fall in love with? Why take the risk? I strongly advise you guys to go out there and choose the cutest homeless kitten your heart desires ... in the street or at the pet shop ... just stop the breeding! Too many already out there and too much suffering, too many killed every week worldwide - sick or healthy, pretty or ugly, very young kittens or adults, pregnant or not ... all killed because of overpopulation! Think about it ....
Err... hello Forrester

First of all please read my comments bout breeding in the first place. I have NEVER encouraged anyone not to spay their cats or kittens. I know that for a fact that as it is Malaysia is already over populated with unwated cats and dogs.

Secondly, I am NOT BREEDING MY cats. All my male cats are neutered. Thirdly, NEITHER am I giving my cats any hormon injections to control their heat cycle. THe information about hormon injections was for information only and not to encourage it.

Felix The Cat - Dee wonderful wonderful cat!
http://felixthecats.weebly.com
http://livinginmyworld-phyllis.blogspot.com/
Old 01-21-2010, 11:07 AM

gabriel is on a distinguished road

nice..neuter ur cat if u dont want them to breed and lastly no one to take care of them..if the cat is DLH then many people want to take care of them..but if the cat is DSH..then..many will die..so unfortunate
Old 01-21-2010, 11:28 AM
Animal Lover

Forrester is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix The Cat View Post
Err... hello Forrester

First of all please read my comments bout breeding in the first place. I have NEVER encouraged anyone not to spay their cats or kittens. I know that for a fact that as it is Malaysia is already over populated with unwated cats and dogs.

Secondly, I am NOT BREEDING MY cats. All my male cats are neutered. Thirdly, NEITHER am I giving my cats any hormon injections to control their heat cycle. THe information about hormon injections was for information only and not to encourage it.
No, Felix The Cat, the breeding info is not just for you, it is shared with any others who are exploring breeding their cats like Algojo, whose sister indicated a desire for breeding. The part I am sharing with you is about your unspayed female cats (whether or not hormonal injections are administered or not) going into heat and not getting pregnant which keeps increasing their chances of developing cancer in case you do not already know about. But if you already know, that is fine. Just sharing, no finger pointing at all actually, even though breeding seems to be quite an explosive topic on this forum as well as others.
Old 01-21-2010, 11:36 AM
Animal Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabriel View Post
nice..neuter ur cat if u dont want them to breed and lastly no one to take care of them..if the cat is DLH then many people want to take care of them..but if the cat is DSH..then..many will die..so unfortunate
You know, Gabriel, there are also some DLH which nobody wants even for free and are thrown out into the streets (this is the truth because some of my friends and neighbours have pick up out of sheer pity ... they did not ask to be born!). This is because not all long hairs are beautiful ... some are so right down ugly looking due to careless breeding and they are the "rejects". After being born, the beautiful ones are taken but the ones which look ugly are either killed or given away/thrown away (given away ones also end up on the street when their owners find more beautiful ones).
Old 01-21-2010, 12:29 PM

well..damn true..luckily got guys like u all who love cats and other animal..

Last edited by gabriel; 01-21-2010 at 12:32 PM. Reason: ...
Old 01-21-2010, 12:57 PM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road
Default male cat on heat??

I found 02 beautiful (well at least to my eyes.dunno what abt other people) DLH was dumped by their owner. The girl manning the stall asked if I can take them home. I have so many already at home. Not to mentioned the strays I've been feeding regularly. So I have to decline her offer. Both DLH are females. I suspected they were dump because they got pregnant

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabriel View Post
well..damn true..luckily got guys like u all who love cats and other animal..
Old 01-21-2010, 02:26 PM
Gentle Giant

Coony is on a distinguished road

Yesterday we received another 3 kittens dump to the street by some cruel ppl in a plastic bag hang to us by a good soul but not good enough. I wud like to advise if anyone think of helping these unfortunate kitty please do your part too in at least helping these tiny kitty to get through their solid food then rather just conveniently throw them SPCA or any rescuer. There are just too many stray with very few home for them.

I strongly advise ppl not to breed their cat for fun or for commercial reason who contribute lots of stray to the street. Leave the breeding to the professional & only buy from the responsible & ethical breeder. If you are not a breeder pls spay/neuter your cats, just like Forrester said, an unsprayed female will have the high risk of developing cancer. Any hormonal injections or unnatural matter to control the female heat is not good for your cat & will eventually lead to womb cancer. I’m a breeder & I don’t breed my cat regularly which can also lead to our female cat whose goes on strong heat developing womb cancer, tht is why we spay our female cat young. Breeding is not a cheap hobby or money making as some may think so. It is in fact a very expensive hobby as lots money are spend on monitoring the breeding cats health & much more shud there be complication on delivery whereby c-section is required.

We have lots of beautiful DSH & DLH rescue from the street or dump by their owners who have enough of them for adoption. If you are interested pls drop by to visit us & discuss about their adoption term & condition.

As I was writing this post this 3 years old solid white neuter DSH was brought to me for rehome becoz the owner had enough of him. He is a very behaving cat in very good condition although I have to say he is slightly overweight which is not all tht bad, his diet is Blackwood. Interested, pls contact me or PM me.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	21012010490.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	8783   Click image for larger version

Name:	21012010491.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	8784  

Best Maine Coon Cattery in CFA ID Asia/LA since 2004
The only Maine Coon cattery with 3 DM, 3 Top Ten MCO National & produce the most GC/GP (30) & DW (12) in CFA ID Asia/LA
Old 01-21-2010, 05:39 PM
PetFinder Guru

cookie is on a distinguished road

This is a lovely white cat!
Old 01-21-2010, 06:08 PM
Animal Police

Joey'A is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Felix The Cat, do you know that EVERY time your unspayed female cat goes into heat but does not get pregnant her it INCREASES her risk of developing cancer in her womb? And that the hormonal injections given to the unspayed female cats to control the heat cycle actually causes damage to her womb and greatly increases her risk of developing cancer? If you love your cats, always neuter them early. Forget about having kittens, you can get very nice ones from the street (free) or pet shops (pay), save them and give them a loving home to stop their suffering. What happens if your cat gives birth to sickly, handicapped or plain-looking kittens that you do not fall in love with? Why take the risk? I strongly advise you guys to go out there and choose the cutest homeless kitten your heart desires ... in the street or at the pet shop ... just stop the breeding! Too many already out there and too much suffering, too many killed every week worldwide - sick or healthy, pretty or ugly, very young kittens or adults, pregnant or not ... all killed because of overpopulation! Think about it ....
Hmm.. i guess we all here have an option rite? As long as we know our responsiblity I dont think its a bad idea.. Felix may have a reason why she keep the female unneutered~

http://tailstory.blogspot.com/
Old 01-21-2010, 09:49 PM
PetFinder Guru

Halim66 is on a distinguished road

My other point of view....

without the strays, there'll be no BumbbleBee, no Rain, no Romeow, no JR and no Zack... and i'll never know how wonderful this creature is, as a companion.... and without them, i'm a total stranger to all of you here.

Stray cats... maybe a problem to others and maybe not.

I look at them as an opportunity, not a problem.... it's a balance in this life.

It's created and a gift from God.... and i'll take them as it is, as much as possible....

God is great.... God is great....God is great....
Old 01-22-2010, 08:04 AM
Petfinder Moderator

Maneki Neko is on a distinguished road

Felix the Cat already wrote that she neuters and spays all her cats, and gave a long list of the reasons why she does so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey'A View Post
Hmm.. i guess we all here have an option rite? As long as we know our responsiblity I dont think its a bad idea.. Felix may have a reason why she keep the female unneutered~
Old 01-22-2010, 12:23 PM

i have to agree with u halim..u rock man!!
Old 01-22-2010, 01:53 PM
Animal Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halim66 View Post

without the strays, there'll be no BumbbleBee, no Rain, no Romeow, no JR and no Zack... and i'll never know how wonderful this creature is, as a companion.... and without them, i'm a total stranger to all of you here.

I look at them as an opportunity, not a problem.... it's a balance in this life.

It's created and a gift from God.... and i'll take them as it is, as much as possible....

Dude, I like what you say and what you think ... should you by any chance run for mayor one day, please let me know because I sure would like to vote you in so that you can lead the local council to stop treating strays as nuisance and problems, teach our community not to complain about or be cruel to the strays, and pursue massive TNR instead of catching and killing them mindlessly day in and day out.

p.s. .... and I vote for Gabriel to be deputy .... kindness to strays rocks, man ....
Old 01-22-2010, 03:15 PM
PetFinder Guru

Kenot la dude, nanti kucing kat rumah mati tak makan plak...
Old 01-22-2010, 05:35 PM
PetFinder Guru

kuntum is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halim66 View Post

Good one abang Halim!
Old 01-22-2010, 09:44 PM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road
Default male cat on heat??

Friend, I appoint myself as abang Halim Press Secretary

Quote:
Dude, I like what you say and what you think ... should you by any chance run for mayor one day, please let me know because I sure would like to vote you in so that you can lead the local council to stop treating strays as nuisance and problems, teach our community not to complain about or be cruel to the strays, and pursue massive TNR instead of catching and killing them mindlessly day in and day out.

p.s. .... and I vote for Gabriel to be deputy .... kindness to strays rocks, man ....
Old 01-22-2010, 10:05 PM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
Friend, I appoint myself as abang Halim Press Secretary

Old 01-23-2010, 12:04 AM
PetFinder Guru

Suhaimy is on a distinguished road

Bro, i can be your bodyguard . Tepi2, Dato' Halim nak lalu
Old 01-23-2010, 12:28 PM
Gentle Giant

Coony is on a distinguished road

There are about as much as a thousand cats been put to sleep or die a month in this country, tell me that this is what you call a balance in life & you don't see any problem with that? I believe this is not how god wanted his creation to be & this is no fault of God & definitely not what God wanted. I don't understand how ppl can shout God is great to this cruelty of his beautiful creation.

This is strictly human fault, the world can survive without human but the world cannot survive even with the most taken for granted thing like the tree & there are many living thing in this world that balance thing & our purpose here is to see to that balance, other then this I don't see how human contribute to the balance on earth.

Here we are trying hard to save & control the stray situation in this country & there we had ppl who think it is alright to allow them to breed & multiple with no control.

Best Maine Coon Cattery in CFA ID Asia/LA since 2004
The only Maine Coon cattery with 3 DM, 3 Top Ten MCO National & produce the most GC/GP (30) & DW (12) in CFA ID Asia/LA
Old 01-23-2010, 01:15 PM

haha..funny la u all...no one wanna be my p.a??