Go Back   PetFinder.my > PetFinder Lounge > Travel

Travel Tours, travel, vacations, leisure and more

Old 05-18-2010, 01:56 AM
Animal Lover

Angelsoo is on a distinguished road
Question Travelling/holidaying with your pet, Pet friendly hotel

Hi all,

Just wanna get some ideas.

Have you tried going for holiday bringing along your furry pet (dog, cat, hamster, rabbit, ferret etc)?

Pls share with us your experience. Eg: where did you go, how you 'bungkus' your pet, how was the journey like, how you manage to 'curi' your pet into the hotel, how did the holiday turn out etc.

It should be fun...I bet lotza hilarious stuff happen.
Old 05-19-2010, 12:10 PM
Animal Lover

Default Re: Travelling/holidaying with your pet

I'd brought my cat to few places... Penang, Putrajaya, Gasing Hill jungle etc

I would say my cat is well travel by car so she is kinda travel-smart. During our car journey to Penang, she will either be looking out the window at passing scenery or curled up on our lap and asleep. We will stop at rest area every 2 hours to let her release herself. She will be on leash and passer-by are very amaze to see a cat that is being walk on leash.
During the hotel check-in, my cat will lied quietly in my large handbag like she knows that she is an unwanted guest. She enjoy staying in the hotel. New room, new furniture and lotza smell and crooks and corners for her to explore. We make sure to pack her poo-poo container and litter sand.
If we need to go out and leave her in the room, we just keep our luggage open so that she can hide and sleep among our clothes coz it have our smell which will calm her during our absent. (p/s: must hang the "do-not-disturb-" sign at your door so no maid will come in for housekeeping.)
My cat even snore at nigh when she sleep on a hotel's bed. Maybe hotel's bed is more comfy that her own at home and she is really tire our fr all the excitement of travelling and exploring.

Well, that's our Penang trip with our lil' princess. She enjoy road trip very much.

Putrajaya and Gasing Hill are another story!

Share with me what's your story....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1121.jpg
Views:	316
Size:	88.2 KB
ID:	9319  
Old 05-19-2010, 03:33 PM
PetFinder Guru

kuntum is on a distinguished road

U sneaked in ur cat to the hotel room...awesome!!

Sometimes the housekeeper just ignore the sign (do not disturb) they just burst in or calling u up on the phone for many2 times JUST TO MAKE UP UR BED!! I find this VERY ANNOYING... That is why I opt for boarding whenever my hubby suggested to bring my cat along.
Old 05-19-2010, 04:36 PM
Petfinder Moderator

blackie007 has disabled reputation

angelsoo,

This message serves as a reminder regarding your duplicate posts in three different sections in the forum, namely; Cats & Kittens, Furry & Cute and Dogs & Puppies. Please note that it is against our Forum Rules and Guidelines to post the same thing over and over again. I have removed the other two posts instead of merge them as there are no replies there.

Quote:
14) No Duplicate or Repeat Posts
Do not post your questions or comments over and over again, or in other words, please do not spam. No one likes being spammed, it’s just downright annoying.
extracted from Forum Rules and Guidelines

If you haven't read our Forum Rules and Guidelines, please do so now.

Thank you.
Old 07-02-2010, 12:17 PM
Animal Lover

Dear all, I'd found a pet friendly hotel in Cameron Highlands..

It's call Jurina Hill Lodge in Tanah Rata. Check them out @ website http://jurina.cameronhighlands.com/. Tel: 05-4915522 / 0166201651 (Naresh). They even have a sale office in Jln Kapar, Klang.

We wanted to bring my two dogs for a holiday in somewhere cold and lotza nature. So we tot of Cameron, Fraser, Genting and Bkt Tinggi. But after doing our search in google and many many phone calls to lotza hotels and apartments, Jurina is he only one that accept pets!

We will be going there mid July. Will update everyone on our experience staying there after we come back.

Anyone has any other place to suggest and share, please feel free to add to this forum.

Cheers!
Old 10-25-2012, 11:15 PM
Animal Lover

shirleytoh is on a distinguished road

Hi Angelsoo
May I know how was yr Cameron Highland at Jurina Hill Lodge with yr doggie?

I was planning for a whole family trip of 6 and our darling chow, Buffy in this coming Dec. This is our 1st trip with Buffy.

Wanted yr opinion. Wondering how was yr experience holidaying with yr doggies at Jurine Hill Lodge. Accommodation ok???

Thanks.

Regards
Shirley
Old 10-29-2012, 01:34 PM
Animal Lover

Default Re: Travelling/holidaying with your pet, Pet friendly hotel

Hi, as the name suggest, Jurina Hill Lodge, it's a lodge for mostly backpacker. So you should not expect any or compare to any luxury hotel. But it does provide basic nescassity like hot shower, a common kitchen, room with ac, blanket etc. you got to bring your own toiletries & towel.

As a rule of thumb when travelling with dogs, you should bring your own mattress cover n blanket if you intend to let your dog sleep on the bed with you (which I highly recommend coz the floor is pretty cold at night in Cameron). Also bring lotza newspaper, plastic bag and wet tissue to pick and clean up after your dog ( you don't want Cameron people to hate us, traveller with dog, and soon our fur kids are ban fr holidaying there)

MUST REMEMBER: put anti-ticks/fleas on your dog to protect it fr catching any bug when out in nature.

We brought our 3 dogs to jungle trekking n waterfall. We sit in the garden sipping tea while they ran and chase each other. By night, all my fur kids were snoring!

Overall, we had a great time! I hope you will have a wonderful time and built sweet memory with your Chow. Good luck!