Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > The Animal Corner > Cats & Kittens > Health, Disease & Diet

Health, Disease & Diet Find out the best tips and practices on managing your cat's diet, health care, and issues with diseases from our community of animal lovers

Old 07-19-2010, 01:54 PM
PetFinder Buddy

graceccy87 is on a distinguished road
Default Kitten with bloated stomach and bloody stool!! NEED HELP!

I NEED HELP!!

The kitty that i rescue 2 days ago have bloated stomach. I give him milk (commercial human milk) and some yogurt and he seems fine. He is quite active, love human company. I thought he is getting better. Just when i was cleaning his litter box, i notice a chocolate color stool with blood stained.

I dunno what to do.. I know bring him to the vet is the obvious option but my parent strongly against it since he juz a stray cat we found on the street.

The kitty seems to be around 1 month old. very small. with tiny hands and feet which i believe is also a little too cold, not as warm as human hands or other kitty paws.

He can eat Whiskas junior now (He eat the crumbs that my cat leave behind) the night before the bloody stool. I dunno is there any connection to it. It just a tiny portion.

His stomach is bloated, like a ballon. My cat use to have the same problem and we give her the yogurt and now she is fine. I try the same method on him, so far no improvement. I have no idea what should i do now. :

Please help!!
Old 07-19-2010, 02:49 PM
~feline attaché

nurkasih is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Kitten with bloated stomach and bloody stool!! NEED HELP!

I'd PM you.
Old 07-19-2010, 02:51 PM
PetFinder Guru

Felix The Cat is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by graceccy87 View Post
I NEED HELP!!

The kitty that i rescue 2 days ago have bloated stomach. I give him milk (commercial human milk) and some yogurt and he seems fine. He is quite active, love human company. I thought he is getting better. Just when i was cleaning his litter box, i notice a chocolate color stool with blood stained.

I dunno what to do.. I know bring him to the vet is the obvious option but my parent strongly against it since he juz a stray cat we found on the street.

The kitty seems to be around 1 month old. very small. with tiny hands and feet which i believe is also a little too cold, not as warm as human hands or other kitty paws.

He can eat Whiskas junior now (He eat the crumbs that my cat leave behind) the night before the bloody stool. I dunno is there any connection to it. It just a tiny portion.

His stomach is bloated, like a ballon. My cat use to have the same problem and we give her the yogurt and now she is fine. I try the same method on him, so far no improvement. I have no idea what should i do now. :

Please help!!
Hi Graccey....

First of all you should stop feeding him with commercial human milk as it contains lactose which will give him diarhea. You will need to find a formula that is specially formulated for cats and kittens which can be found in any major pet shops or at the vet.

Secondly..... please bring the kitten to the vet for a check up. Only the vet can diagnose what is wrong with your little kitty.

Felix The Cat - Dee wonderful wonderful cat!
http://felixthecats.weebly.com
http://livinginmyworld-phyllis.blogspot.com/
Old 07-20-2010, 03:34 PM
PetFinder Buddy

Thank!! I stop the milk already.. His diarrheal has been improve and stop vomit as well. However, his stool still contain trace of blood and bloated stomach still the same.
Old 07-20-2010, 04:42 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

FurKids is on a distinguished road

graceccy87, very likely like many stray kittens, it is suffering from worm infection which steals nutrition from its body and can kill it later. The blood may be caused by hookworms. Please take the poor kitten to the vet to be deworm but do not do it yourself because the deworming medication is toxic to the kitten and the dosage needs to be carefully calculated according to its body weight. The vet can give your little new friend a thorough checkup and spot problems you may not be aware of.

Do not try to give it the human deworming medication that you can buy outside because many of them contain substances (besides pyrantel parmoate) or the type that is fine for human consumption but will kill the kitten because the cat's body cannot process it.

One more thing, do not use dog products on the kitten because many dog products are fine with dogs but poisonous for cats, one example is dog shampoo and dog flea products. Most human foods are also fine for dogs but a no-no for cats.

Take it to the vet, friend. And while you are there, ask the vet for more good advice on how to best care for your little new friend, ok? Good luck!
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
Old 07-21-2010, 08:57 AM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

FurKids is on a distinguished road

graceccy87, I saw your tiny little friend's pic posted at AnimalCare. He is really tiny. May I suggest that you feed him boiled/steamed chicken breastmeat that you can easily get from any Chinese chicken rice shop because this is really good food for the tiny kitten at such a young age and he will eat easily. Do not give fish because even though he will love it, he will develop soft bones which is not good for his development, besides spoiling his taste buds and he will keep prefering the better tasting fish over other better food like chicken. Remember to take off ALL bones which can splinter in his stomach causing a lot of pain and internal injuries.

The chicken meat is easy to obtain and is more nutritious than Whiskas Junior and will help control his diarrhoea well. Do not give him any milk or yoghurt, only chicken meat. Don't forget to give him clean boiled/filtered water (do not give him tap water which is filled with poisonous chlorine). Do not give him mineral water or distilled water either because this is bad for his body.

All the best to you and your little friend!
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
Old 07-21-2010, 09:07 PM
PetFinder Buddy

Hi Furkids, Ok. I bring him to vet soon.

Btw, his bloody stool has stop.. Thank god. He is getting better now.
Old 08-30-2010, 03:42 PM
Animal Lover

Pabonya is on a distinguished road

my cat too! change the food the last few days and my gf call me up and said our cat got same blood problem on the poo... send to hospital tomorrow (if open, merdeka day maaa..