Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > The Animal Corner > Cats & Kittens

Cats & Kittens General information and discussions on taking care of your feline buddy

Old 06-07-2012, 07:51 PM
PetFinder Buddy

Kynthia is on a distinguished road
Default Are kittens generally clingy?

My kitten is now 3 months old. She is the most adorable kitten I have ever come across. She climbs into my lap to watch tv when I watch TV and plays when I come home from work and when I am working on my computer in my room, she'd humour herself near my foot. Point is, wherever I am, she'd want to be in the same room--playing very closeby. If I move away, so would she. Are all kittens like that or only Lola?
Old 06-11-2012, 07:33 PM
PetFinder Guru

Meffy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Are kittens generally clingy?

Hi Kynthia,

I think they are naturally like that because they treat you like you're their mummy My cat was like that too when she was younger. She'd follow me everywhere like I have a kitty shadow . Now she's about 9mths old and she doesn't follow me as much as before. Even now as I'm typing, she's out in the living room doing her own thing.

So your kitty will grow out of it when she's older. There will also be times when she'll plain ignore you!
Old 06-12-2012, 01:13 PM
PetFinder Buddy

Kynthia is on a distinguished road

They are the cutest things on earth aren't they, Meffy? Just yesterday, my kitten, Lola "discovered" a new game. Each time I call her, she'd run behind the sofa to hide... and when I go around looking for her, she'd pounce! How I look forward to go home after a long day of work these days!
Old 06-16-2012, 11:44 PM
PetFinder Guru

Sounds fun! They are so silly sometimes with their short attention span.

One day I was in the room and my cat was playing with a string in the living room. All I had to do was to peep at her from the corner of my bed and she'll get all suspicious and starts stalking. I hid and when I peeked out again, she's already in front of my face! It's exactly like that Youtube "Stalking Cat" video

Coming home makes me forget all the stress at work
Old 06-17-2012, 02:14 AM
PetFinder Guru

Rayquaza17 is on a distinguished road

Well personally for me, I've fostered 2 kittens so far and 1 is very active and rumbustious which will jump on my shoulder and particularly order me around where she wants to go. When I move to the wrong direction she mewed really loudly at my ear and she kept on giving me directions.

For the second kitten I foster, he can get noisy at times but doesn't wants to be carried and is more in docile nature. He prefers playing with the dog than playing with me hahaha. So far the first one is the most clingiest one hahahaha. Luckily for me, I have doggie nanny which will help me out in all this

... For my 4 year old cat, she will only be very affectionate and refuse to let me go when we just woke up, or when she wants to sleep but we haven't yet. She will yearn attention so that we can actually sleep with her. At time is troubling but then yes... :) ALL MY STRESS IS GONE seeing my cat funny acts! hahahaha

..My 8yr old cat? Nope! Doesn't like to hang out :P She's the boss!
Old 06-24-2012, 11:42 AM
PetFinder Guru

My cat does not like to be cuddled! I've always wanted a cat I can cuddle on my lap when I watch TV or use the computer but my cat doesn't like it. She'll just sit for 10 seconds and move away. If I hold her down, she'll start her biting games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayquaza17 View Post
Well personally for me, I've fostered 2 kittens so far and 1 is very active and rumbustious which will jump on my shoulder and particularly order me around where she wants to go. When I move to the wrong direction she mewed really loudly at my ear and she kept on giving me directions.

For the second kitten I foster, he can get noisy at times but doesn't wants to be carried and is more in docile nature. He prefers playing with the dog than playing with me hahaha. So far the first one is the most clingiest one hahahaha. Luckily for me, I have doggie nanny which will help me out in all this

... For my 4 year old cat, she will only be very affectionate and refuse to let me go when we just woke up, or when she wants to sleep but we haven't yet. She will yearn attention so that we can actually sleep with her. At time is troubling but then yes... :) ALL MY STRESS IS GONE seeing my cat funny acts! hahahaha

..My 8yr old cat? Nope! Doesn't like to hang out :P She's the boss!