Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Pet Welfare, Rescue & Adoption > Rescuers & Fosterers

Rescuers & Fosterers For rescuers and fosterers, the true heroes of PetFinder.my

Old 04-14-2010, 10:41 AM
Alice Cooper

alicel138 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to alicel138 Send a message via Yahoo to alicel138
Default Urgent Help Needed for 91 Rescued Pound Dogs

Dear Members,

Save A Stray has just rescued 91 dogs from being euthanized at the Klang Dog Pound - 30 puppies, 61 youngsters & adults, and have placed them temporarily at a plot of land in Kundang. However, there are no proper facilities available at this land, and we are in serious shortage of hands.

We managed to get some donated tiles, used wood and some steel, an Indonesian contractor and a Nepol helper. There are only 3 of us working on this rescue project. Jacqueline is currently managing the site and contractor, and we have to come out with $5k to get the work started, the nepol helper helping to clean and feed the dogs. Up to date we have lost 3 adults and 3 puppies, and some of the dogs were ill and are currently undergoing treatment at Dr. Bun's clinic at Old Klang Road.

Other then short of resources to take care of the animals, the dogs are still all in cages and they cannot roam freely as it is a open space and the. Alex has sourced for sample tiles from his office, but there is no transport to the site, and we also do no think it's safe to leave all the materials at the site unguarded.

We're now in a seroius dilemma - in terms of human resource, financial problem. We know that we put ourselves into this mess, but we just can't bear to see these innocent, healthy dogs being put to death - can you?

Sometimes, I wonder how many of these dogs can we save. The moment we take these out, the pound would very soon be flooded with lots of caught dogs again. It appears to be a helpless cycle, and I really don't know how to resolve this if the government continues catching so many strays and putting them down.

We sincerely appeal for any form of assistance that the kind members that can provide. Please do give us a hand with the dogs, and share with us any ideas you have on resolving this dire situation.

If you are able to help out, please contact Jacqueline of Save-A-Stray at 012-207 0436.

Further information on the pets for adoption can be found at:
http://www.petfinder.my/members/jacqueline

Thank you so much.

Last edited by AndyKoh; 04-27-2010 at 05:02 PM. Reason: Added contact information
Old 04-21-2010, 12:31 PM
Animal Lover

CanuckinKL2 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Urgent Help Needed for 91 Rescued Pound Dogs

I'm not sure what kind of response you've received but maybe if a clearer list was made of what you needed (items, supplies, volunteer time, donations with banking details) it may help.

Just a thought.
Old 04-26-2010, 06:27 PM
Alice Cooper

alicel138 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to alicel138 Send a message via Yahoo to alicel138
Default Re: Urgent Help Needed for 91 Rescued Pound Dogs

Is very hard for me to list down what is needed since this is a unplan project. I guess no one would like to take up something that our selve cannot handle, but this case is exception, we can't just leave them to death.

Here's the up-date for the 91 dogs at Kundang :
- Helper taking care of dogs well, each day clean, feed and change 2 time water.
- Few are distemple due to the delay of care, no. of sick dogs i will up-date again.
- Construction is on going but the indo worker did not follow instruction and he gave very poor material, there's already some helping us on supervisiong the worker.

Help we need for now:
- The donated tile are still pending for delv, we need to get those tiles to Kundang or the donor may dispose them this week when their new stock in.

- If any one have used building material you may donate to us, news paper, food or medical supply for dogs are needed as well.