Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Pet Welfare, Rescue & Adoption > Animal Protection Laws & Rights

Animal Protection Laws & Rights Discuss on the enacted animal protection laws and how to better protect their rights

Old 11-22-2008, 01:12 AM
Animal Lover

stonestone is on a distinguished road
Default Dog license (dbkl)

How can I apply for a DBKL dog license? Is it easy? I stay in a terrace house, and I own a working dog. How much is it and what is the procedure?

I've read that as long as I don't own more than 2 dogs in a terrace house, it's ok. Anyway, the neighbours on my left and right are chinese and have no problems with my dog. But I think my Malay neighbours a few houses from me doesn't like dogs.

My dog absolutely loves barking at everyone at all who passes our house. I find it difficult to shut him up, but I'm trying to find ways to do it. Since I know my Malay neighbours are afraid of him, I only bring him out for walk after 10 p.m., or when he needs to pee. (he poos inside our porch, easier to clean and I don't want this to be a base for someone to complain even though I will clean up when he decides to poo outside during his walk).

I understand that DBKL have the right to catch unlicensed dog when they are outside our compound. Can DBKL catch my dog (with or without license) when he's walking with me, or inside my car, etc?
Old 11-22-2008, 08:57 AM
PetFinder Wowwow

vivi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Dog license (dbkl)

stonestone,
The doggie license are very cheap don worry. U just have to apply one at .....(i dunno where cos i'm not in kl). Very simple procedure, just need to submit a form.
It's a nature for dogs to bark when stranger pass by ur house so don't worry but have to make sure ur dogs don't over bark especially in the midnite. If not definately will get complained by other neighbours.
For the problem without license. It's better to apply for one. Don't make it an excuse not to apply just because u seldom let dog roam outside ur compound. Usually when ur dog with u in car or whatever...i never heard any dbkl take any action to dog with their owner's around (except of course your dog create big big problem) rite?
Old 11-22-2008, 11:13 AM
Petfinder Moderator

blackie007 has disabled reputation

Stonestone,

Where do you live? Are you under DBKL or MPSJ jurisdiction? DBKL is easy, just go to your nearest DBKL office and ask for a dog license form. Only RM20 for a license, I think.

If MPSJ, it's slightly more difficult. You have to get your neighbours' written consent that they don't mind you keeping a dog in your home. You need written consent from your RIGHT, LEFT, FRONT and BACK neighbours.

Hope this helps.
Old 11-22-2008, 12:21 PM
PetFinder Wowwow

vivi is on a distinguished road

Blackie, so mahal one meh?
here in sabah male is only Rm5 and female rm10 for one license.
Old 11-23-2008, 11:50 PM
Animal Lover

I live in DBKL jurisdiction. Good to know it's not difficult to apply for one. I'm just scared that those ppl will reject my application only. If DBKL got tight rules like MPSJ, I think won't be a problem getting consent from neighbours because as mentioned, neighbours at both sides are chinese and the one in front also chinese, behind no house :)

My dog barks a lot and very loud too when people, cat, rats, etc pass by the house. My friend told me some of them deserve it cos like some kids they will purposely stop in front of our house, so can't blame my dog for barking at them la... haha! Which is true~ But he whines very loud too! My sister said she can hear him whining from a few jalan-s away! I'm sure those staying a few jalan-s away can hear him bark then!

Now he's staying inside our house, so he doesn't bark during midnight. No noise whatsoever. The dog in front of our house will howl everytime when he Azan is being played (is this the right word to describe the Azan??) So we will hear him howl 5 times a day. Luckly my dog doesn't bark everytime the Azan is played. If not, sure I will kena complain. :P

How about bringing my dog out for walks... w/o license, DBKL can tangkap or not?... Anyone?
Old 11-24-2008, 01:50 PM
PetFinder Guru

mrsdolittle is on a distinguished road

Dearest Stonestone,

You are only require to pay RM10 per year per dog, there will be a registration fee of RM2 for the first time.

NO! NO ONE HAS THE RIGHT TO CATCH YOUR DOG WHEN YOU ARE WALKING THEM WITH THE LEACH, WITH OR WITHOUT LICENSE. NO ONE HAS THE RIGHT TO CATCH YOUR DOG IF THEY ARE IN YOUR CLOSED COMPOUND WITH OR WITHOUT LICENSE.

THERE'S NOTHING TO WORRY AS LONG AS YOU MAKE SURE THEY ARE NOT RUNNING FREELY ON THEIR OWN.

THAT'S THE REASON WHY I WOULD ALWAYS LET MY DOGS RUN FREELY BETWEEN 5 AM-6.30 AM EVERYDAY. BY THE WAY I AM A mALAY.
Old 11-24-2008, 02:09 PM
PetFinder Guru

By the way, how old is your dog?

you can actually train them not to bark so much at anything that passed by. It needs a lot of training and time plus patience. Believe me, I have 3 of them who loves barking the other 5 are occasional barker.

What you need to do, FIRST YOU HAVE TO BE THE MASTER, OR IN THIS CASE, ANYONE IN YOUR FAMILY, they have to know who is the boss of them.

SECONDLY, WE MUST UNDERSTAND WHY ARE THEY BARKING, THEY COULD BE BORED ARE TRYING TO TELL YOU SOMETHING.

SINCE YOUR DOG IS A WORKING DOG, I AM SURE IT NEEDS A LOT OF RUNNING AND PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES.

WHEN THEY BARK, WE MUST NOT SHOUT AT THEM SINCE THEY MAY THINK THAT YOU ARE JOINING IN THEIR BARKING.

TRY THIS, TELL THEM FIRMLY AND HAVE A TREAT READY IN YOUR HAND AND PRAISED THEM IN A FIRM TONE AS SOON AS THEY STOP BARKING. DO NOT GIVE THE TREAT STRAIGHT AWAY, INSTEAD WAIT FOR A WHILE TO MAKE THEM UNDERSTAND THAT TREATS ARE SUPPOSE TO BE EARN AND ITS NOT THAT EASY. ONLY THEN GIVE THEM DEPENDING HOW LONG THEY CAN STAY QUIET.

ABOUT THE HOWLING, AS WE ALL KNOW ANIMALS CAN SEE THINGS WE CAN'T, SO THEY MAY SEE THE UNWANTED THINGS DURING THE AZAN. Trust me, you wouldn't want to have these eyes.

TELL YOUR NEIGHBOR THAT YOU ARE IN THE MIDST OF TRAINING YOUR DOGS AND IT IS GOOD TO HAVE THEM FOR THE NEIGHBOR'S SAFETY. BE NICE, THEY WOULD UNDERSTAND... (i'll pray for you).
Old 11-28-2008, 05:28 PM
Animal Lover

Mrsdolittle,

Thanks for the info.

My dog is 5 months old. Honestly, I have no idea why does he bark when he sees people. But he'll go crazy when he sees cats. And there are lots of cats around (not sure if they are owned or strays). I can still make him sit when he see people, but not cats.

I just don't understand why he would bark at the same people everyday. My neighbour is a very rajin muslim. He would go for his prayers in the nearby surau and would without fail pass by our house at the appointed hours. That being said, my dog, would without fail, bark at him. I guess he's just being a very good guard dog, so I can't really blame him...

Thank goodness my next door neighbours are ok with my dog barking. They even said that it's good because he'll be watching over their house also. (They are the ones who said it first) I'm just worried of my Malay neighbours who stay 2 houses + a few houses away from mine. Not every Malay are as considerate as our forumers here.

About the howling dog, are you saying there are ... things... all over the place during the Azan?....... Gulp! Maybe my dog's eyes can't see yet.
Old 11-30-2008, 02:34 PM
PetFinder Guru

Dearest Stonestone,

You are right there!

Dogs Bark! Its their nature. Try and talk to your pup, say thats this neighbor means no harm but try not to let the pup be too nice to everyone.

When ever he barks at this particular neighbor try say hello to him/her. Then your pup will understand that this person is no threat to you or your pup. It will take a few time till your pup to understand this.

Dogs will be dogs. Cats are the no 1 enemy. But then again, tell puppy its ok and not to bark, whisper to its ear and gently tell it.

But whatever you do, you must make sure that you are relax, because dogs can sense you inner feelings.

It does work with my dogs, but not all times. Remember dogs are very defensive and territorial.

About the Malay neighbor, don't worry about them. I'll pray for you for them to understand the needs of having a dog. Befriended them...

Yes! Animals can see things we can't see... so, relax.
Old 11-05-2009, 11:41 PM
Animal Lover

GuitarCrazyo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to GuitarCrazyo
Default Dog license dbkl

A dog, a cat, and a penis are sitting around a seashore one night...they are chatting abt their life...

The dog saz, "My life sux...my master makes me do my business on a fire hydrent."

The Cat saz,"I dont think your lifes worse than mine...my master makes me do my business in a box of cat litter."

Then the Penis outraged and saz, "Atleast ur Master doesnt put a bag over ur head and make u do push ups until u throw up."
Old 07-04-2013, 07:42 PM
Animal Lover

Tiara Sidhu is on a distinguished road

Hey all ,

I am currently living in a Bandaraya Flat .. I got my first shi tzu 2 year back and recently I adopted another dog .. She was being use for breeding.. She was in bad conditions and was left out all alone.
Recently my malay neighbor start complaining about them.. I got no idea why.. They are both well manner, very quiet and never go wild ..but still they have issue with them.
DBLK people did came and check. Luckly my other kido was in the room and they did not notice I have 2 of them.

Now they send letter demanding us to get the license. Can someone please tell me if I can keep both of them at DBLK Flat unit ? and how do I go about applaying license for both of them .. I was told that I can use DBKL Flat address? is that correct ?

Arrghh I wish they can be fair to dog and cat…