Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > PetFinder Lounge > Travel > Hotels & Accommodations

Old 05-23-2010, 10:16 AM
Animal Lover

Mutt is on a distinguished road
Default Need accomodation suggestions..

Hi there Petfinder Friends,
My family has a friend coming to visit soon and we may have a chance to do some travel. I'm looking for suggestions for accomodations for the following areas:
Cameron Highlands, Tioman Island, and Lankawi. Not sure which of the three places we will get to visit but would like to put together some information. The place would need to be able to accomodate a family with a 3 year old child. The person coming to visit us has slightly high standards so places suggested need to be I guess a little nicer than your plain basic room...
Thanks,
-Mutt
Old 05-23-2010, 11:36 AM
Petfinder Moderator

Maneki Neko is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Need accomodation suggestions..

Hi, Mutt!

Regarding Langkawi, my neighbours, who travel with their 2 year-old, love to stay at the Andaman Resort, which is on the island's north coast. They keep going back there every time, so it continues to agree with them.

I've never seen Andaman, but I have at least wandered around the Frangipani Resort on the west coast. It claims to be the "greenest resort in Malaysia" (environmentally conscious, as well as leafy :-), which appeals to me, and the location is good.

Happy travels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutt View Post
My family has a friend coming to visit soon and we may have a chance to do some travel. I'm looking for suggestions for accomodations for the following areas:
Cameron Highlands, Tioman Island, and Lankawi. Not sure which of the three places we will get to visit but would like to put together some information. The place would need to be able to accomodate a family with a 3 year old child. The person coming to visit us has slightly high standards so places suggested need to be I guess a little nicer than your plain basic room...
Thanks,
-Mutt
Old 05-23-2010, 11:50 AM
Cat Slave

Fareen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutt View Post
Thanks,
-Mutt
Bala's place in cameron's is nice. Have never stayed there but really good reviews friends. Enjoy :)
http://www.balaschalet.com/

Proud mummy of Sophie / Dexter / Yuki / Heidi / Optimus

Feed your cats BARF!
www.catnutrition.org
Old 06-03-2010, 11:08 PM
Mama Kabu & ChiChi

anitayusof00 is on a distinguished road

I agreed to Maneki Neko's suggestion...If yr friend is the classy type, then Andaman Resort at Teluk Datai, or the other hotel (forgot the name) opposite Andaman will be a good choice. Both are 7 stars hotel. I never stayed there, but I just take a look around. The beach was very clean & beautiful. As for Tioman, put up at Berjaya Hotel. Cameron....I'm not so sure...may be Equatorial or Rosa Pasadena (I've stayed there beofre) or Heritage Hotel...but this are so-so hotels (the kind of plain basic room that we always see at hotels)
Old 06-10-2010, 12:50 PM
Animal Lover

Mutt is on a distinguished road

Hi there!
Thanks for all of the suggestions. Due to scheduling conflicts looks like my friend will travel solo. However, I will keep the places you suggested in mind when my family and I get a chance to travel. Thanks again for taking the time to respond to my post! I'l post updates with where we went and where we stayed in the future.