Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Reviews, Notices & Stories > Success Stories

Success Stories Share your happy and heart-warming "tails" with our community. Let us know about your successful rescue, rehome or adoption efforts!

Old 02-05-2009, 12:22 PM
Vivien Wuz Ere

Location: Earth - where every human beings have to live together with animals
vivienlpl is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Lim rescues 70 dogs in five years

I truly admire her!!!!!

this are the people that really amazed me..............

article extracted from Star online
http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp...991&sec=nation

Lim rescues 70 dogs in five years
By GLADYS TAY

JOHOR BARU: Sarah Lim holds a senior position in a financial institution. But money is not all she thinks about. When she is free, she drives around neighbourhoods looking for stray dogs.

The 36-year-old then bundles them into her car and takes them to her makeshift dog shelter, which is actually a sewerage treatment plant. She then puts them up for adoption.

“I have in the past five years rescued more than 70 puppies and dogs. I believe that dogs have the right to a decent life, too,” Lim said, adding that most of the dogs she picked up were mongrels.

Recalling the time when she first started taking in the strays, Lim said a relative informed her in 2004 that there were several stray dogs in abandoned buildings in Permas Jaya.

“I went to check out one of these premises and found nine puppies and seven dogs there.
Dog’s best friend: Lim with some of the dogs at the makeshift shelter in Johor yesterday.

“Many were without food and this broke my heart,” she said. Lim said she would send the animals to a veterinarian for a thorough medical check up and have the female dogs spayed.

Besides keeping the strays at the shelter, Lim has three at her house, too. Lim has two workers to help her out. “I also have a veterinarian who charges me a reasonable fee whenever I bring the dogs for treatment.

Asked why she did not leave the animals with NGOs dealing in dogs, Lim said she could provide them with a better home as they had more space to run around.

She said she was looking for a piece of land where she could carry out her mission more effectively.

Those interested in adopting a dog can contact Lim at 016-7050328.
Old 02-26-2009, 05:06 PM
Animal Lover

redzjack is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Lim rescues 70 dogs in five years

Sarah Lim

is this same with the volunteer vodt called HOPE?
Old 02-26-2009, 08:27 PM
Vivien Wuz Ere

Location: Earth - where every human beings have to live together with animals
vivienlpl is on a distinguished road

no idea i just come across that article in the newspaper and i truly admire people such as her........
Old 10-21-2009, 09:15 PM
Animal Lover

mandychee is on a distinguished road

Kudos to people like Lim, being proactive and not just all talk and no act. This girl Proves the real meaning or GIRL POWER!!! For the rest out there, it doesn't matter where you are, you can always make a difference by rescuing strays and send them to a vet to get them neutered and release. At least, they have a chance to live and through this we can lessen hundreds and even thousands or unwanted births. Way to go girl, you're our inspiration!!
Old 10-22-2009, 03:39 AM
Cat Lover

azraf is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to azraf

Tabik spring kat Lim. Rasanya tak termampu nak pecah rekod dia. Anyway, will be my idol too. Anyone can get her to share her experience with us here?
Old 10-22-2009, 08:57 AM
PetFinder Guru

cookies4bulat is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to cookies4bulat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandychee View Post
Kudos to people like Lim, being proactive and not just all talk and no act. This girl Proves the real meaning or GIRL POWER!!! For the rest out there, it doesn't matter where you are, you can always make a difference by rescuing strays and send them to a vet to get them neutered and release. At least, they have a chance to live and through this we can lessen hundreds and even thousands or unwanted births. Way to go girl, you're our inspiration!!
yes!yes!i totally agree!we can start by rescuing strays,neuter them and release.if each people(1 person in each household) neuter 1 stray,in no time the number of strays will be reduce.as beginning no need to take in so much..enough by taking 1 strays per month or per 2 month(depends on everybody preference).at least we help reducing unwanted birth. if peoples can spend so much on branded items(1 guess purse cost rm2oo++ wokey!),y cannot spend less than hundred to help these strays?
lim, and others rescuer(kak june,FK..etc..etc..) here,really inspire me to do this thing.

err..maybe our government can launch this sort of campaign.trap-neuter-release?

p/s:just my own opinion tho.
Old 10-22-2009, 01:22 PM
Animal Lover

mandychee is on a distinguished road

Couldn't agree more with you cookies4bulat, i think all of us should a little something cuz animals desrve to be here as much as we do too. The world also belongs to them not just at the expense of human beings, we've done enough damage to the world so now it's time to give back. They always say it's better to give than to receive...therefore if we give the other animals a chance to live, we'll feel like we're on top of the world and yes it does make a difference!! so let's start today. Oh! by the way, maybe you can log on to www.myanimalcare.org to check out on this blog where this selfless and humble lady helps saving strays and neutering them and release or finding a home for them!! She's like another LIM!!
Old 10-24-2009, 04:06 AM
Cat Lover

azraf is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to azraf

Agree with mandychee. I am one of myanimalcare blog follower (but they don't know me.. hehehe).