Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > The Animal Corner > Dogs & Puppies

Dogs & Puppies General information and discussions on taking care of your canine buddy

Old 08-11-2009, 03:05 PM
Animal Lover

weetingtan is on a distinguished road
Default Mini Schnauzer lost her appetite

hi,

My heidi, 6 months ++ lost her appetite lately. She used to finish her meal in between 2 minutes but this few days, after little tasting of her food, she start to run away and I need to feed her piece by piece. Anyone out there know what wrongs with her?

Please advice.
Old 08-11-2009, 03:44 PM
PetFinder Moderator

dog is my buddy has disabled reputation
Default Re: Mini Schnauzer lost her appetite

Is normal, Miniature Schnauzer always have this problem when they grow up, when came 7 month above, they try choosing the dog food, what you can do is keep same dog food, or change same brand dog food wih differ teste. like now you use lamb, you may change to fish. Dont take chicken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weetingtan View Post
hi,

My heidi, 6 months ++ lost her appetite lately. She used to finish her meal in between 2 minutes but this few days, after little tasting of her food, she start to run away and I need to feed her piece by piece. Anyone out there know what wrongs with her?

Please advice.

Sometimes,things in life are out of our control. We just need to accept the fact.
Rocky, Ricky and Rusty is my best friend.
Old 08-13-2009, 10:25 AM
Animal Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog is my buddy View Post
Is normal, Miniature Schnauzer always have this problem when they grow up, when came 7 month above, they try choosing the dog food, what you can do is keep same dog food, or change same brand dog food wih differ teste. like now you use lamb, you may change to fish. Dont take chicken.
Can i know what is the reason not to select chicken as the food? I heard from my friend that PROTEIN may create skin problem to mini schnauzer. Is it true?

Thanks for the information :)
Old 08-13-2009, 02:43 PM
PetFinder Moderator

PROTEIN high is more for the activity level or have do dog sport. for the pet always staying at home, try no high PROTEIN dog food. since miniature schnauzer need vitamins and minerals for the dietary requirements of a Miniature Schnauzer, balance or amounts are not listed because each individual animal can have different requirements depending on: the sex of the animal.
skin problem no just from dog food, it is genetic. It came from poor quality breed.
why no chicken, because content high protein, easy fat. If want use chicken dog food, try reduce the volume of food.
nobody made dog food can create skin problem, dont heard those people said. the dog food factory going close down, if like that.

Quote:
Can i know what is the reason not to select chicken as the food? I heard from my friend that PROTEIN may create skin problem to mini schnauzer. Is it true?

Thanks for the information :)

Sometimes,things in life are out of our control. We just need to accept the fact.
Old 09-01-2009, 12:46 PM
Animal Lover

Hi,

After about 20 days posting this, my heidi did eat..little bit. If i were to feed her, she will eat. If not she wont. SIgh..how? I had gave her some cooked chicken, sweet potato and carrot. Now, she is not as active as before. Since she is about 7 months, can she probably cause by heat? I can smell some blood smell from her but i do not see any stain.

please advice..
Old 09-02-2009, 06:48 PM
PetFinder Moderator

when puppy around 6 month above, they going choosing food. You need to keep as normal feed her. When dinner time, she dont want eat in 5 min, you just take out the food. Tomorrow feed it again. This type dog can no eat for 4 day, they try drink many water and later vomit out to show you. You wont get cheat and pity to her. She will eat the food, when no choice.

Quote:
Hi,

After about 20 days posting this, my heidi did eat..little bit. If i were to feed her, she will eat. If not she wont. SIgh..how? I had gave her some cooked chicken, sweet potato and carrot. Now, she is not as active as before. Since she is about 7 months, can she probably cause by heat? I can smell some blood smell from her but i do not see any stain.

please advice..

Old 09-06-2009, 01:40 AM
Animal Lover

zuty51 is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: Mini Schnauzer lost her appetite

Thanks for senior member's advice...my mini schnauzer facing the same problem