Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > PetFinder Lounge > Coffee Room

Coffee Room Gossip on the latest topics or just mingle around and enjoy the atmosphere!

Old 08-25-2010, 09:33 AM
PetFinder Guru

MidnightMaiden is on a distinguished road
Default Who will take care of your pet during the upcoming Raya holiday?

Hi all,

Just wondering what you guys plan to do with your furkids when you go balik kampung this Aidilfitri.

As for me, I'm still contemplating what to do. I have heard many horror stories last year about pets being sent to boarding during Raya and coming home infected with fleas, flu, sakit mata etc so I'm understandably quite paranoid

So I thought it'd be good to exchange ideas on:

1) Alternatives to boarding (e.g. find pet sitter, bawak all cats balik kampung with you..etc)
2) Recommended boarding places
3) Anything else regarding pet care while you balik kampung this raya

Old 08-25-2010, 09:48 AM
~feline attaché

nurkasih is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Who will take care of your pet during the upcoming Raya holiday?

Hype

As for me in Penang Island, I never been away for a very long time. My raya will still be at home..paling kuat pun 1 hari suntuk sahaja.. usually I'll just put in extra food and let them be in the cage.

I've boarded my cats few times for other occasions. I boarded them at the vet. I would never take the chances of boarding my cats with those I do not know. At least here, I knew the vet. Never experienced any problem/problems after taking it back.

But when I boarded them at a person with the same interest ( catting )..and that, yes.. I did had problems when my furkids returned home. Need another month to fix them. Unfortunately, the person is one of my family members, and I coincidently mumbled , mum heard me and told the person. She was sour with me until now.. I believe. Tho I did not blame her yet blaming myself as I knew she had more cats than she can handle, my mum might be getting the wrong message and delivered wrong message as well..and kaboommmm..( you get what I mean)

One bad experience and I went back to the vet.

Now, anytime soon I might be away for 3 months-course.. It's either I pay GRASS person to come and feed my cats or pay USM student to come and manage them while I am away. But usually I end up paying my sis to take care of my cats ( tho for 3 days )

Any other way or other how, it's all still $$$, only cheaper or more pricey. Very hard to find a person who will do things for you without getting paid.
Old 08-25-2010, 10:12 AM
Animal Police

Joey'A is on a distinguished road

Nice thread!

Well.. i'll send my cat to my non-muslim friend who i trust(cat lover too) only for 3 days since my cat sitter pon nak beraya jugak. I cant bring my cat balik kampung since we all staying at hotel.

There is a petshop and vet in Ampang with good reputation for boarding. Go view yourself at ARA Ampang Vet and U R My Pet House Petshop.

http://tailstory.blogspot.com/
Old 08-25-2010, 10:33 AM
nyan nyan :3

rawr2buny is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to rawr2buny

YAY! nice thread. I've been worried sick thinking of this

Suddenly mom wants to go raya at my uncle's house in Kedah then stay at Penang on our way back to KL. Will be going from umm maybe, 13th-17th and i feel sad for Kyon. He's still a baby. (his face kalau dalam cage OMG )

option #01: let Kyon stay in his cage for 5 days. aunt will come home to feed him at night. on the day i might as well try asking my friends to drop by and help feed him for his breakfast and lunch.

option #02: I live near to coony's petshop, i saw them taking care of 1 cat few weeks ago while the owner went outstation. i know they are good. but still not sure if they really offer cat boarding tho im just scared that Kyon would be too lonely in a whole new place.

i seriously feel like staying behind with Kyon but.. no can do
Old 08-25-2010, 11:23 AM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road

I boarded my cats several times at ARA Ampang. They were good but my cats hate the place and even tried to bite the workers while she was cleaning up their litter box. They returned home stress and seems lost at home. That was the time I decided I will not to board my cats anywhere. Luckily I met my neighbour (pasal tu orang tua tua kata,kena berbaik baik dgn jiran jiran) and also part time maid to take care of my cats while my husband and I going on holiday or balik kampung.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey'A View Post
Nice thread!

Well.. i'll send my cat to my non-muslim friend who i trust(cat lover too) only for 3 days since my cat sitter pon nak beraya jugak. I cant bring my cat balik kampung since we all staying at hotel.

There is a petshop and vet in Ampang with good reputation for boarding. Go view yourself at ARA Ampang Vet and U R My Pet House Petshop.
Old 08-25-2010, 12:33 PM
PetFinder Guru

maris_sa528 is on a distinguished road

Yeah, agree this is a nice thread especially for this Raya season. I boarded my cats last year at my friend's house (we actually became fren from the day i chose to board my cats at his house ) and I happy with how he took care of my kids.

I think the most important thing to do before decide where to leave your kids is to check the condition of that Boarding Center. It not suppose to be too crowded, too dirty, too messy and other cats that kept together should not look sick. I believe as cat lover, in a glance we know if cats have fungus or look comot and sememeh and inappropriately cared.

Other option, sometimes when I was out of town, maximum 3 days, I just left my cats at home by thier own. I have auto feeders that can last about 4 days long for my kids, and until now they are doing great with that autofeeder thingy. I never caged my cat, so, it is not a problem for them to play around the house even if am not around. And if more that 3 days, I have my neighbor to check if the cats are doing fine and refill the auto feeder.

BTW, for this coming Hari Raya, both of my cats will follow me back to Kedah. yippi. Their grandpa want to see them. Huhu.
Old 08-25-2010, 02:32 PM
PetFinder Guru

Previously, anytime I'm out of town for long periods my good friend (who is experienced with multiple cats) will always be around to help me feed and take care of the litter. This time she'll be out of town during Raya as well

usually if it's just a couple of days, I'll let the cats pesta on their own at home and i'll leave ample food & water in food & water feeders.

Personally, I'm reluctant to send my babies for boarding in general because:
i) They're not used to being caged for long periods of time
ii) I'm worried they'll get stressed with unfamiliar environment
iii) I'm fostering many cats (Total boarding fee = Pengsan!!!)

I suppose I can ask the next door maid to help feed the cat but i'm reluctant because:
i) I'd prefer to leave them with people who are experienced with cat in case my cat sakit etc
ii) My cats are fussy about clean litters - Who's gonna help clean up the litter? I takut nanti balik from kampung I'll find that my whole house area has been converted into a giant litterbox

I guess I'll probably try to scout around for other cat lover friends who will not balik kampung and bribe them into taking care of my babies ...

...Failing that, kena sewa lori angkut anak2 bulu semua balik kampung..
Old 08-25-2010, 03:20 PM
PetFinder Guru

adamyala is on a distinguished road

mcm biasa kak zai raya KL je sbb my mom ada kat sini. Kalau nak berjalan pun dari pagi sampai ptg. My cats cuma tinggal seharian jer and so far they are OK.

Nak sentuh sikit ...pasal kucing terbiar di hari raya.
bila cuti raya banyak kucing ditinggalkan mcm tu aje. So, time raya bilangan strays bertambah. Kebanyakan lapar dan cantik. Sbb durg ada tuan tapi tuan depa pi balik raya. Senang nya hidup durg ye ??. Sampai hati biarkan kucing2 durg mcm tu. Sedangkan durg pi makan sedap2 kat kampong. Kucing2 durg tu kelaparan dan berkeliaran tanpa tempat berteduh. Please la jgn wat mcm tu. Sungguh tidak bertanggungjawab
Old 08-25-2010, 03:33 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

FurKids is on a distinguished road

Yes, talking of that, Kak Zai, saya nak suggest supaya sesiapa yang beraya kat KL dsbnya, tolong pergi taroh banyak-banyak BW kibbles bersama bekas besar mengandungi air bersih di merata-rata warong, office area, food court tepi jalan dsbnya sebab banyak kedai makan akan tutup and the strays will be very hungry for many, many days.

My friend told me that last year semasa cuti raya, some cat haters ambil kesempatan utk meracun kucing-kucing dekat tempat makan Bangunan VADS (dulu Bangunan IBM) di TTDI, KL. Habis kucing-kucing di sana mati, termasuk a nursing mother cat with all her young kittens that some kind people had been caring for over there.

Besides dead cats, mereka juga menjumpa gagak-gagak yg mati. It had been so very sad, those people ambik kesempatan letak racun at a time when the cats are so hungry and they ate all the poison.

So, kawan-kawan, bawak banyak makanan dan letak di tempat teduh bagi mereka makan dan minum, ya?
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
Old 08-25-2010, 03:47 PM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurKids View Post
Yes, talking of that, Kak Zai, saya nak suggest supaya sesiapa yang beraya kat KL dsbnya, tolong pergi taroh banyak-banyak BW kibbles bersama bekas besar mengandungi air bersih di merata-rata warong, office area, food court tepi jalan dsbnya sebab banyak kedai makan akan tutup and the strays will be very hungry for many, many days.

My friend told me that last year semasa cuti raya, some cat haters ambil kesempatan utk meracun kucing-kucing dekat tempat makan Bangunan VADS (dulu Bangunan IBM) di TTDI, KL. Habis kucing-kucing di sana mati, termasuk a nursing mother cat with all her young kittens that some kind people had been caring for over there.

Besides dead cats, mereka juga menjumpa gagak-gagak yg mati. It had been so very sad, those people ambik kesempatan letak racun at a time when the cats are so hungry and they ate all the poison.

So, kawan-kawan, bawak banyak makanan dan letak di tempat teduh bagi mereka makan dan minum, ya?

OMG how can they be so cruel!!!

Excellent point bro FK & Kak Zai. This serves as a reminder for everyone not to exclude and forget the strays as well in their raya contingency plan.

Must pesan to whoever's taking care of my cats to also tabur makanan at the usual hotspots around my aprtment for my strays.
Old 08-25-2010, 04:05 PM
PetFinder Guru

kuntum is on a distinguished road

Kak Zai - SEtuju dgn kak Zai senang betol hidop dorang...masa raya ni ramailah kekucing kelaparan...siannn...Sudah jadi habit saya kalau saya balik kampung, selain tinggal makanan untuk anak2 angkat PR (yg dah di neuter tapi pilih nak duduk kawasan rumah saya), saya pun letak banyak2 BW dalam bekas khas & air bersih untuk kucing2 lain mamam...

FK - APA! RACUN KUCINGGGG! Senang betol kerja dorang ye...mesti hidup tak berkat sapa2 yang buat macam tu!!

Saya biasanya boarding kat vet. Vet yang saya percaya dan alhamdulillah belom ada lagi masaalah anak2 saya bila balik dari vet tu. Makanan pun dia ikut selera my kids. Bukan ikut 'selera' tempat boarding. Anak2 saya makan RC so dia bagi makan RC jugak.
Old 09-02-2010, 01:21 PM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road

Bro,aku dalam banyak banyak kes, time Hari Raya atau cuti panjang orang semua balik kampung, ialah membiarkan binatang peliharaan terbiar di rumah tanpa makan dan minum. Akhirnya durang merayau rayau cari makan. Ada yang hilang,mati kena langgar kereta atau kena tangkap dengan orang Vietnam dan Myanmar. Raya last year aku jumpa seekor kitten dengan bell kat leher mati kena langgar kereta di Taman Maluri pagi 2nd day raya. Lepas tu petang jumpa kucing kat my area kena langgar mati tengah jalan. Tengok kucing takde bell tapi bersih dan kuku bertrim. Mesti dia lapar cari makan kemana mana.Sesat dan last kena langgar kereta

Aku tak faham orang begini. Diri sendiri sibuk beraya tapi kucing dibiarkan dirumah. Alasan yang selalu dibagi, Alah! taulah kucing tu mana nak cari makan. Sedangkan mak aku kat KK, kalau anak2 dia panggil datang ke KL, dia susah hati. Bukan susah hati pasal apa. Dia akan tanya,siapa nak jaga kucing dirumah. Bila adik beradik yang lain kata, oklah jangan risau. Nanti kami gilir gilir tidur rumah mak jaga kucing sampai mak balik. Baru dia nak datang KL.

Kalau kucing house cat yang sentiasa dibelai dan dipamper,macam mana durang nak cari makan sendiri??

Tahun ni bro aku tak balik KK.My family datang dari KK to KL. Tapi kakak aku tinggal duduk rumah dengan family dia jaga kucing.Heheheheh!! So aku boleh feed kucing kucing yang berkeliaran kat territory aku. In fact, kakak dekat Esso station Taman Shamelin Perkasa (kat sana banyak warung) dah pesan minta aku tolong kasih makan kucing tempat durang. Most of them akan balik this Saturday.

So kawan kawan yang duduk KL,buka mata besar besar & seluas luas musim raya ni. Tengok kucing kucing bertuan yang tersesat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurKids View Post

Old 09-02-2010, 02:22 PM
Animal Lover

syidajaafar is on a distinguished road

How i wish boleh mintak tolong jiran2 tolong tengok2kan kucing, i prefer tinggalkan diorg kat rumah aje, at least they are familiar with the surroundings, cuma rindukan tuan je laa. Tapi takleh laa since my jiran2 takde yang suka kucing, lagipun segan laa nak suruh jiran tolong bersihkan poopoo kucing2 ku, dah laa diorg tu suka poo poo banyak2. takpelah, biarlah diri ini saja yang menjadi "Pencacai Tua Pengangkat Najis" mereka..daku rela...

Dan tak mahu tinggalkan mereka di boarding, dah ada pengalaman 19 hari tinggal di boarding, bila balik rumah dah macam tak betul jadinya mereka. Pastu diorg macam marah kat kita, bila panggil nak peluk sayang2, terus bangun dan berlalu pergi. siap jeling2 lagi tu.

Jadi takde pilihan laa selain dari hangkut je semua (ala. dua ekor je pun hehe) bawak balik kampung sekali. hopefully the journey won't be too stressful for them. berbekalkan nasihat/tips yang telah diberikan oleh fellow forumers, (thank you very much semua!!!) i hope this time kami akan selamat pergi selamat balik ke destinasi yang dituju.
Old 09-03-2010, 02:05 AM
Cat Lover

naq1989 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to naq1989

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamyala View Post
mcm biasa kak zai raya KL je sbb my mom ada kat sini. Kalau nak berjalan pun dari pagi sampai ptg. My cats cuma tinggal seharian jer and so far they are OK.

Nak sentuh sikit ...pasal kucing terbiar di hari raya.
bila cuti raya banyak kucing ditinggalkan mcm tu aje. So, time raya bilangan strays bertambah. Kebanyakan lapar dan cantik. Sbb durg ada tuan tapi tuan depa pi balik raya. Senang nya hidup durg ye ??. Sampai hati biarkan kucing2 durg mcm tu. Sedangkan durg pi makan sedap2 kat kampong. Kucing2 durg tu kelaparan dan berkeliaran tanpa tempat berteduh. Please la jgn wat mcm tu. Sungguh tidak bertanggungjawab
jangan risau,tahun ni pun saya tak balik kampung,so kucing2 yang saya rasa bertuan tapi dibiarkan lepas,saya akan angkut semua....kalau agak2 nak tebus,kena bagi BW 24kg punya...fuh!!jimat duit
Old 09-03-2010, 02:18 AM
PetFinder Guru

luvnett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by naq1989 View Post
jangan risau,tahun ni pun saya tak balik kampung,so kucing2 yang saya rasa bertuan tapi dibiarkan lepas,saya akan angkut semua....kalau agak2 nak tebus,kena bagi BW 24kg punya...fuh!!jimat duit
Old 09-03-2010, 04:47 PM
Love all pets

aku_ais is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to aku_ais

huhu... i tgalkn ginger kt uma je... rumah fully sealed... so ginger xkn dpt keluar by any chance... da belikn die auto feeder... nk hntr boarding xmampu sbb mhl xhengat... ade 1 pet shop dkt je dgn uma...tp kotor nye..tuhan je tau! xnk anto ginger kt ctu...

tp skrg ni ginger xnk mkn gune auto feeder die...cmne ni... :(