Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > The Animal Corner > Cats & Kittens

Cats & Kittens General information and discussions on taking care of your feline buddy

Old 09-19-2010, 11:43 PM
PetFinder Guru

adrianng87 is on a distinguished road
Smile Kacang aka Whisky's Recovery & Behaviour

hi everyone & good day,
as promised, here are some few updates on my cat, kacang's (aka whisky) recovery as requested by admin and fellow PF members.

here's a short write-up to people who are new to kacang's case,
she had a minor unknown injuries occurred under the care of second adopter's named sasha. i have sms-ed sasha to ask regarding the minor injuries on kacang's nose and lips, but no replies from her, as i know it is useless to call her as she won't even answer any of my sms or calls, so never mind bout it, it's already a past incident and i hope i can forget about it as time goes by.

or if you would like to know more of what had happened to kacang, here's the past link: http://forums.petfinder.my/showthread.php?t=4805

kacang is now recovering well, i can see that she regained her comfort again now with her sister lobak (aka snow white).
so below here are some of the pictures from before, till today. there's also a picture to show that she is toilet-trained.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	06092010329.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	141.7 KB
ID:	10108   Click image for larger version

Name:	06092010330.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	146.7 KB
ID:	10109   Click image for larger version

Name:	18092010349.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	10111   Click image for larger version

Name:	19092010352.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	10112   Click image for larger version

Name:	18092010346.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	10114  

Click image for larger version

Name:	10092010331.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	10115  
Old 09-20-2010, 12:37 AM
PetFinder Guru

nur azua is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to nur azua
Default Re: Kacang aka Whisky's Recovery & Behaviour

Wah! nice to see Kacang dah pulih macam mana waktu u bagi dia for adoption..hehe..the last picture reminds me how she's babbling that Kacang is not toilet-trained..haha..i think, Kacang dont like her toilet..
Anyway, tahniah adrian! Simpan jela Kacang dengan u..tak yah kasik for adoption..dia pon mesti sayang u!
Old 09-20-2010, 12:47 AM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by nur azua View Post
Wah! nice to see Kacang dah pulih macam mana waktu u bagi dia for adoption..hehe..the last picture reminds me how she's babbling that Kacang is not toilet-trained..haha..i think, Kacang dont like her toilet..
Anyway, tahniah adrian! Simpan jela Kacang dengan u..tak yah kasik for adoption..dia pon mesti sayang u!
thanks nur azua.
you know what, after my home renovation, kacang and lobak cant even get the same pee & poop smell after the old tiles have been removed and replaced with new ones. ni pun i and my fam yang tunjuk kat drg ni mana toilet masa mula2 bawak masuk rumah dari last return adoption tu.

regarding to keep them or not, i have asked my mum's permission to keep them until i find a rightful owner, my permission only limits to that. but dont worry, i am treating them the same like i do mcm dulu2 for now, i will be very very caution kat adopters yang minat nak adopt them in future.
Old 09-23-2010, 03:48 PM
Animal Lover

Miki Satohara is on a distinguished road

Your mum has a prob with cats ker?

Anyway ive seen that kind of marks before. Rescued a cat that was abused because it left some fecal matter in front of some human's dwelling.

Method : Human holds the cat by the back of its head and rubbed kitty's face fiercely on the ground. Like how you're scrubbing the floor?

Nasty.

Anyhow seeing them happy with you, I'll try my best to let my mum bond with them so they can stay. I think I've read somewhere that you have decided to let them go, hence the looking for new adopters. But you might have your own reasons. All the best!
Old 09-23-2010, 04:36 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

FurKids is on a distinguished road

"Method : Human holds the cat by the back of its head and rubbed kitty's face fiercely on the ground. Like how you're scrubbing the floor? Nasty."

Maybe not ... maybe Whisky did not like the captivity in the cage or carrier and pushed her nose against the metal wires, bruising the skin. Some strays that I capture do that because they do not like being confined and keep trying to push their way out.
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
Old 09-23-2010, 05:02 PM
Animal Lover

Miki Satohara is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurKids View Post
"Method : Human holds the cat by the back of its head and rubbed kitty's face fiercely on the ground. Like how you're scrubbing the floor? Nasty."

Maybe not ... maybe Whisky did not like the captivity in the cage or carrier and pushed her nose against the metal wires, bruising the skin. Some strays that I capture do that because they do not like being confined and keep trying to push their way out.
--

true. i guess because they're stressed.

I remember 1 female cat that was really hostile. My other curious babies went to her cage but she was hissing. So we placed an indoor slipper in the cage. She ravaged it, tore it to pieces then slept soundly.

The next day, she was the most adorable cat ever. She has been with us ever since that incident 9 years ago. ^_^

Wishing Kacang Whisky a quick and healthy recovery!
Old 09-23-2010, 06:52 PM
PetFinder Guru

hi Miki Satohara & Furkids,
i have tried to relate some possible actions judging from the injuries, tou its minor, but every time when i look at kacang, it'll kept me thinking on and on of how it happened as i never see kacang injured (not even minor). i've seen cat's injuries struggling in cages, however, this is not that injury i can imagine. but oh well, i am glad that's over for kacang and she's gettin' more manja now.

thanks Miki Satohara. i will take good care of kacang & lobak in the meantime. how cute is that. i bet your cat already made a anti-anger-pact with the slipper.