Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > The Animal Corner > Cats & Kittens

Cats & Kittens General information and discussions on taking care of your feline buddy

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 07-11-2010, 11:17 PM
Felix The Cat's Avatar
Felix The Cat Felix The Cat is offline
PetFinder Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,339
Rep Power: 15
Felix The Cat is on a distinguished road
Default Kelab Kucing Malaysia

I don't know if my posting is in the right category but I would like to voice out my dissappointment with Kelab Kucing Malaysia.

For your information, I would like to enter my Munchkin which is registered under TICA. I know for a fact that the Munchkin breed is not recognized under FIFE or CFA as it is a mutant breed. However I would just like to enter the show for the fun of it irrespective winning or not.

Before I even registered, my cat was already a big issue with this so called club. I was informed that since my cat could not be registered under the pedigree section, it could not also be registered under the House Hold category as it would be considered as a pedigree by the Judges. So tell me, which category can I register my cat? I was also told that it would not be fair for the household cats participating if I registered my cat under the said section.

I then contacted the Vice President and voice out my concern and he informed me that :-

1) the show is not opened to public yet (but I know for a fact that it has been opened to the public)
2) that the judges would not judge my cat as it is consider a pedigree cat. Is this not BIAS? My cat has not even entered the show and yet it has been judged already.

So..if the cat is an Exotic Shorthair, American Shorthair, Persians etc but has no PEDIGREE CERT it will be considered as a Domestic Shorthair or Domestic Long Hair. But...... if they enter a show under Household they will still not be judged as they are considered pedigree? So which category will the pedigree cats but has no cert be categorized?

If I am not mistaken under HHP the cats will be judged on the way that the cat has been taken care of i.e. health, fur, cleanliness and beauty of the cats and not because of its breed.

The Vice President even commented 'Jangan marah kalo kucing you tak menang'. Hello...... my purpose of joining is for the fun of it... irrespective if my cat wins or not. Also, I would like show my cat to the public since it is a rare breed and rarely found in cat shows.

Then he also commented..... show ni adalah khas untuk AHLI SAHAJA so why open to the public to join if it is meant for Club members only?

I was also made to understand that the joining fee for members is RM25.00 per cat and for non members is RM30 and with an additional RM5.00 I can join the club as a member. But then the Vice President informed me that I had to pay double i.e. RM60.00 to participate and be a member as well. When I questioned him of the pricing, he rudely replied "You nak dengar kata Vice President ke atau orang lain". Is this the way a Vice President should answer someone who is interested to join the club and the show for gaining experience as well for the fun of it.

I and a few others have lost our interest to participate in this so called cat show. I don't want to waste my money to invest in a so called Cat Club that says they love cats but actually has a DESCRIMINATION to breeds that is NON PEDIGREE.
__________________

Felix The Cat - Dee wonderful wonderful cat!
http://felixthecats.weebly.com
http://livinginmyworld-phyllis.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-11-2010, 11:22 PM
nurkasih's Avatar
nurkasih nurkasih is offline
~feline attaché
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Georgetown, Penang Island~
Posts: 1,612
Rep Power: 12
nurkasih is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Kelab Kucing Malaysia

pulak... hoping ada ornag yang lebih mengetahui menjawab..
__________________
Curiosity killed the cat, but where human beings are concerned, the only thing a healthy curiosity can kill is ignorance.~Harry Lorayne
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-12-2010, 12:15 AM
hani14 hani14 is offline
PetFinder Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Klang
Posts: 190
Rep Power: 10
hani14 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to hani14 Send a message via Skype™ to hani14
Default Re: Kelab Kucing Malaysia

So tell me, which category can I register my cat?[/B] the best category is on 8/8/2010 MCFA CATEGORY..
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-12-2010, 12:16 AM
nurkasih's Avatar
nurkasih nurkasih is offline
~feline attaché
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Georgetown, Penang Island~
Posts: 1,612
Rep Power: 12
nurkasih is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Kelab Kucing Malaysia

Quote:
Originally Posted by hani14 View Post
So tell me, which category can I register my cat?[/B] the best category is on 8/8/2010 MCFA CATEGORY..
clearly.. you don't understand..don't you?
__________________
Curiosity killed the cat, but where human beings are concerned, the only thing a healthy curiosity can kill is ignorance.~Harry Lorayne
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-12-2010, 12:24 AM
hani14 hani14 is offline
PetFinder Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Klang
Posts: 190
Rep Power: 10
hani14 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to hani14 Send a message via Skype™ to hani14
Default Re: Kelab Kucing Malaysia

salam nurul... kak hani adalah member mcfa dan pernah join cat contest yg dianjurkan oleh mcfa pd bulan april yg lalu. memandangkan kucing2 kak hani semuanya adalah non pedigree, kak hani masukkan dorang under HHP. walaupun dorang ni adalah dari baka persian tetapi disebabkan takder certificate dorang layak untuk dipertandingkan dlm category HHP. alhamdulilah.. dapatlah juga sibubble kak hani tempat no.2. persaingan memang sengit.. sebab kebanyakan kucing2 non pedigree yg dipertandingkan terdiri dari kucing2 yg datang dari baka yang baik dan berkualiti. kak hani tak harapkan kemenangan cuma keseronokan semasa bertanding..
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-12-2010, 12:26 AM
hani14 hani14 is offline
PetFinder Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Klang
Posts: 190
Rep Power: 10
hani14 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to hani14 Send a message via Skype™ to hani14
Default Re: Kelab Kucing Malaysia

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurkasih View Post
clearly.. you don't understand..don't you?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-12-2010, 12:35 AM
nurkasih's Avatar
nurkasih nurkasih is offline
~feline attaché
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Georgetown, Penang Island~
Posts: 1,612
Rep Power: 12
nurkasih is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Kelab Kucing Malaysia

Quote:
Originally Posted by hani14 View Post
yerp, you are successful in getting into 'our' hair. I decided to clump up as am getting annoyed here. But then a lil advise for you also..

let's stop spamming the thread.. or else you'll irk the whole members.. TQ
__________________
Curiosity killed the cat, but where human beings are concerned, the only thing a healthy curiosity can kill is ignorance.~Harry Lorayne
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-12-2010, 12:45 AM
Kyzoor Kyzoor is offline
PetFinder Guru
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 337
Rep Power: 10
Kyzoor is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Kelab Kucing Malaysia

Holla.....,

Vice president......what is the main purpose for the cat show? ist to show off ONLY THE MEMBERS CLUB cats?? or the cat show is only for vice president family and member? coz as i know i have been offer to join that contest too but im probably not a KKM member and i still can enter for the contest without become a member of the club......... why suddenly the vice president mentioning that the cat show is strictly only for the members of KKM???? dont there any of non members enter the cat show rite n dont need to register as member coz when i ask on that day.... there is RM25 fee for members n RM30 for NON MEMBERS??? how come a man like you can get a title as president or incharge for the cat show if u can get the the result before the cat show is on better to shut the show... like u have judge that the cat is going to win or not coz i dont think so that the vice president going to be a judge.... and he should not be the one of KELAB KUCING MALAYSIA MEMBERS incharge from the way he answer you Felix The cat...... NONE CAT LOVERS incharge for the KKM????? wat is going on???

Kyzoor
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-12-2010, 09:40 AM
hani14 hani14 is offline
PetFinder Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Klang
Posts: 190
Rep Power: 10
hani14 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to hani14 Send a message via Skype™ to hani14
Default Re: Kelab Kucing Malaysia

Ada juga desas desus yg terdengar mengatakan jika anda ahli KKM tidak dibenarkan bertanding dgn mana2 kelab lain. jika engkar, ahli anda dalam KKM akan tergugat..

ada sesapa disini boleh mengesahkannya??
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-12-2010, 10:08 AM
June June is offline
Animal Lover
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Tmn Shamelin Perkasa-Kota Kinabalu
Posts: 6,004
Rep Power: 0
June is on a distinguished road
Default Kelab Kucing Malaysia

Adoi!! apa punya cerita ni.Kucing pun blh dipolitikan. Haih!! ndaklah aku tau apa mo jd dgn dunia kucing kita ni. Mcm mcm masalah jak

BTW, Nurul.I noticed you have a tendency to open thread in Coffee Room. This thread should be in Event thread. Cofee Room is for non pet thread only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix The Cat View Post
I don't know if my posting is in the right category but I would like to voice out my dissappointment with Kelab Kucing Malaysia.

For your information, I would like to enter my Munchkin which is registered under TICA. I know for a fact that the Munchkin breed is not recognized under FIFE or CFA as it is a mutant breed. However I would just like to enter the show for the fun of it irrespective winning or not.

Before I even registered, my cat was already a big issue with this so called club. I was informed that since my cat could not be registered under the pedigree section, it could not also be registered under the House Hold category as it would be considered as a pedigree by the Judges. So tell me, which category can I register my cat? I was also told that it would not be fair for the household cats participating if I registered my cat under the said section.

I then contacted the Vice President and voice out my concern and he informed me that :-

1) the show is not opened to public yet (but I know for a fact that it has been opened to the public)
2) that the judges would not judge my cat as it is consider a pedigree cat. Is this not BIAS? My cat has not even entered the show and yet it has been judged already.

So..if the cat is an Exotic Shorthair, American Shorthair, Persians etc but has no PEDIGREE CERT it will be considered as a Domestic Shorthair or Domestic Long Hair. But...... if they enter a show under Household they will still not be judged as they are considered pedigree? So which category will the pedigree cats but has no cert be categorized?

If I am not mistaken under HHP the cats will be judged on the way that the cat has been taken care of i.e. health, fur, cleanliness and beauty of the cats and not because of its breed.

The Vice President even commented 'Jangan marah kalo kucing you tak menang'. Hello...... my purpose of joining is for the fun of it... irrespective if my cat wins or not. Also, I would like show my cat to the public since it is a rare breed and rarely found in cat shows.

Then he also commented..... show ni adalah khas untuk AHLI SAHAJA so why open to the public to join if it is meant for Club members only?

I was also made to understand that the joining fee for members is RM25.00 per cat and for non members is RM30 and with an additional RM5.00 I can join the club as a member. But then the Vice President informed me that I had to pay double i.e. RM60.00 to participate and be a member as well. When I questioned him of the pricing, he rudely replied "You nak dengar kata Vice President ke atau orang lain". Is this the way a Vice President should answer someone who is interested to join the club and the show for gaining experience as well for the fun of it.

I and a few others have lost our interest to participate in this so called cat show. I don't want to waste my money to invest in a so called Cat Club that says they love cats but actually has a DESCRIMINATION to breeds that is NON PEDIGREE.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 07-12-2010, 10:09 AM
Felix The Cat's Avatar
Felix The Cat Felix The Cat is offline
PetFinder Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,339
Rep Power: 15
Felix The Cat is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Kelab Kucing Malaysia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyzoor View Post
Holla.....,

Vice president......what is the main purpose for the cat show? ist to show off ONLY THE MEMBERS CLUB cats?? or the cat show is only for vice president family and member? coz as i know i have been offer to join that contest too but im probably not a KKM member and i still can enter for the contest without become a member of the club......... why suddenly the vice president mentioning that the cat show is strictly only for the members of KKM???? dont there any of non members enter the cat show rite n dont need to register as member coz when i ask on that day.... there is RM25 fee for members n RM30 for NON MEMBERS??? how come a man like you can get a title as president or incharge for the cat show if u can get the the result before the cat show is on better to shut the show... like u have judge that the cat is going to win or not coz i dont think so that the vice president going to be a judge.... and he should not be the one of KELAB KUCING MALAYSIA MEMBERS incharge from the way he answer you Felix The cat...... NONE CAT LOVERS incharge for the KKM????? wat is going on???

Kyzoor
Forgot to mention.... initially when I questioned him saying that the show is already opened to the public he said NO but we will put you as a RESERVE. when I clearly know that the show has been opened to the public. I then questioned him and voiced out my anger only then he said "Ok la... you boleh masuk bayar RM30.00 tapi kalo you nak jadi member you kena bayar double which is RM60.00 . Its as if they do NOT WELCOME MY PARTICIPATION initially as well as MY CAT If this is a club for CATS then why DESCRIMINATE!

We are here for the LOVE of cats IRRESPECTIVE of the breed and TITLE i.e. PEDIGREE OR NON PEDIGREE but sadly my cat has been judge EVEN BEFORE THE SHOW. Very Sad.
__________________

Felix The Cat - Dee wonderful wonderful cat!
http://felixthecats.weebly.com
http://livinginmyworld-phyllis.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-12-2010, 10:32 AM
Felix The Cat's Avatar
Felix The Cat Felix The Cat is offline
PetFinder Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,339
Rep Power: 15
Felix The Cat is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Kelab Kucing Malaysia

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
BTW, Nurul.I noticed you have a tendency to open thread in Coffee Room. This thread should be in Event thread. Cofee Room is for non pet thread only.

Sorry June..... jangan marah ye....
Saya binggung bah... indak tau mana mau letak tu posting tu yang cakap 'Not sure where to put my posting'
__________________

Felix The Cat - Dee wonderful wonderful cat!
http://felixthecats.weebly.com
http://livinginmyworld-phyllis.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-12-2010, 10:47 AM
comot82's Avatar
comot82 comot82 is offline
PetFinder Buddy
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 75
Rep Power: 10
comot82 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Kelab Kucing Malaysia

eh apa nih...tak faham aku....leh bckp dlm bahasa kebangsaan tak....?aduhai....ingat nak masuk gak dlm ptandingan kucing pd 25/7 ni kat melaka...camne...?
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-12-2010, 11:40 AM
rado rado is offline
Animal Lover
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 31
Rep Power: 0
rado is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Kelab Kucing Malaysia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix The Cat View Post
Forgot to mention.... initially when I questioned him saying that the show is already opened to the public he said NO but we will put you as a RESERVE. when I clearly know that the show has been opened to the public. I then questioned him and voiced out my anger only then he said "Ok la... you boleh masuk bayar RM30.00 tapi kalo you nak jadi member you kena bayar double which is RM60.00 . Its as if they do NOT WELCOME MY PARTICIPATION initially as well as MY CAT If this is a club for CATS then why DESCRIMINATE!

We are here for the LOVE of cats IRRESPECTIVE of the breed and TITLE i.e. PEDIGREE OR NON PEDIGREE but sadly my cat has been judge EVEN BEFORE THE SHOW. Very Sad.
KKM vice president wat hal..
MCFA president wal hal..
mm... confused...
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-12-2010, 11:41 AM
rado rado is offline
Animal Lover
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 31
Rep Power: 0
rado is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Kelab Kucing Malaysia

Quote:
Originally Posted by hani14 View Post
So tell me, which category can I register my cat?[/B] the best category is on 8/8/2010 MCFA CATEGORY..
for sure u dh kena racun MCFA nih...
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 07-12-2010, 11:56 AM
June June is offline
Animal Lover
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Tmn Shamelin Perkasa-Kota Kinabalu
Posts: 6,004
Rep Power: 0
June is on a distinguished road
Default Kelab Kucing Malaysia

Simple jak.Anything that not related to pet are not in Coffee Room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix The Cat View Post
Sorry June..... jangan marah ye....
Saya binggung bah... indak tau mana mau letak tu posting tu yang cakap 'Not sure where to put my posting'
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 07-12-2010, 11:56 AM
rado rado is offline
Animal Lover
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 31
Rep Power: 0
rado is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Kelab Kucing Malaysia

back to the track...

felix..
your munchkin should be registered under HHP when you're participating CFA/FIFE show(s) due to munchkin is not within CFA breeds. then, if u really wanna join CFA/FIFE show(s), just fill in the form by filling in the breed column as HHP. no need to ask the club. you munchkin will never get participated in Pedigreed unless CFA/FIFE change their mind..

Beside that, if you're entering this coming MCFA show, please make sure that MCFA submitting the result to TICA USA or otherwise your point will be not calculated for overall point.. i'm heard that MCFA having problem/delaying on submitting the APRIL show. if u join APRIL show, please check your accumulated point at TICA website.

Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 07-12-2010, 12:53 PM
Felix The Cat's Avatar
Felix The Cat Felix The Cat is offline
PetFinder Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,339
Rep Power: 15
Felix The Cat is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Kelab Kucing Malaysia

Quote:
Originally Posted by rado View Post
back to the track...

felix..
your munchkin should be registered under HHP when you're participating CFA/FIFE show(s) due to munchkin is not within CFA breeds. then, if u really wanna join CFA/FIFE show(s), just fill in the form by filling in the breed column as HHP. no need to ask the club. you munchkin will never get participated in Pedigreed unless CFA/FIFE change their mind..

Beside that, if you're entering this coming MCFA show, please make sure that MCFA submitting the result to TICA USA or otherwise your point will be not calculated for overall point.. i'm heard that MCFA having problem/delaying on submitting the APRIL show. if u join APRIL show, please check your accumulated point at TICA website.


Hi Rado...

Many thanks for the explanation however I am aware of this but the thing is when I spoke to the Vice President of KKM yesterdy evening he told me that even if I registered my Munchkin under HHP, possibility the Judge who is judging the show would not even bother to judge my cat as it is considered a Pedigree and not considered as a 'Kucing Kampung'. He then told me if you are lucky who know suddenly the judge might have a change of heart and judge your cat and who know it might win a prize after all.

So my question is if its a Pedigree but cannot be considered under Pedigree category and also cannot be consider under HHP because its a Pedigree and not fair to other cats participating then where should my munchkin breed be categorized as?

Also.... if pedigree cats who does not hold a CFA/TICA/FIFE cert cannot particpate under HHP where can these cats be categorized as?
__________________

Felix The Cat - Dee wonderful wonderful cat!
http://felixthecats.weebly.com
http://livinginmyworld-phyllis.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 07-12-2010, 01:26 PM
rado rado is offline
Animal Lover
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 31
Rep Power: 0
rado is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Kelab Kucing Malaysia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix The Cat View Post
Hi Rado...

Many thanks for the explanation however I am aware of this but the thing is when I spoke to the Vice President of KKM yesterdy evening he told me that even if I registered my Munchkin under HHP, possibility the Judge who is judging the show would not even bother to judge my cat as it is considered a Pedigree and not considered as a 'Kucing Kampung'. He then told me if you are lucky who know suddenly the judge might have a change of heart and judge your cat and who know it might win a prize after all.

So my question is if its a Pedigree but cannot be considered under Pedigree category and also cannot be consider under HHP because its a Pedigree and not fair to other cats participating then where should my munchkin breed be categorized as?

Also.... if pedigree cats who does not hold a CFA/TICA/FIFE cert cannot particpate under HHP where can these cats be categorized as?

i dont know in CFA/FIFE, but as i red in TICA, if pedigree cats who does not hold a CFA/TICA/FIFE cert, it considered as HHP no matter what is the breed and can participate under HHP category..

beside that, does KKM applying accumulated point system? if not, why they refused to accept your registration?
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 07-12-2010, 01:50 PM
Felix The Cat's Avatar
Felix The Cat Felix The Cat is offline
PetFinder Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,339
Rep Power: 15
Felix The Cat is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Kelab Kucing Malaysia

Quote:
Originally Posted by rado View Post
i dont know in CFA/FIFE, but as i red in TICA, if pedigree cats who does not hold a CFA/TICA/FIFE cert, it considered as HHP no matter what is the breed and can participate under HHP category..

beside that, does KKM applying accumulated point system? if not, why they refused to accept your registration?
Yes, you are right Rado That is what I understand too.
But according to the VP of KKM yesterday... he told me that the Judges are from International and not from Malaysia and according to FIFE rules and regulation... any cats irrespective Munchkin, Persian, Exotic Shorthair who does not hold a certificate but participates in HHP cateogry under DSH or DLH will be considered as a Pedigree and subject not to be judged as it will be unfair to the other cats. So my question again is ...... where will these Pedigree but non holding certificate cats will be categorized as?
__________________

Felix The Cat - Dee wonderful wonderful cat!
http://felixthecats.weebly.com
http://livinginmyworld-phyllis.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pet Insurance in Malaysia? a.lya General Discussion 13 11-09-2014 09:55 PM
Wajib tengok >>Video kucing terkejut ( try buat dengan kucing anda) nurkasih Jokes & Funny Pictures 2 10-16-2010 04:07 PM
Gambar Kucing-Kucing Yang Lucu naq1989 Cat TV and Photos 0 11-11-2009 06:15 AM
Oscar come to Malaysia dog is my buddy Animal Organizations & Societies 0 08-17-2009 05:54 PM


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 06:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 

Main Site
Home
Advertising
Sponsored Listings
Sign Up
Find A Pet
Share & Save Lives
About PetFinder.my
Terms & Conditions
Freebies / Starter Pack
Report Animal Abuse
Contact Us
Facilities
WAGazine
Discussion Forum
Medical Fund
Pet Food, Toys & Products
Cuteness Meter
Central News Portal
Visual Map
Knowledge Library
Microchip Directory
FurryCards
Mobile
iPhone & iPod App
Android App

Social Media
Facebook
Twitter
KindMeal
Meat-Free Dining
Meal Deals
Kind Moments
Delicious Menu

Others
World Animal Day Contest
Digi iPhone Contest
East Coast Flood Relief
It's Pawssible
Freebies
Online Store
Discussions
Blacklists & Scams



Copyright © PetFinder.my. All rights reserved.