Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Reviews, Notices & Stories > Pet Products & Services > Pet Food

Pet Food List and review pet food here

Old 12-18-2008, 01:26 PM
Animal Lover

Nater-E is on a distinguished road
Default Artemis

Hi guys,

Ada sesaper yang pernah try kibbles Artemis. I pun baru nak try untuk kekucing saya. Boleh share tak 'pengalaman' nyer.
Old 12-18-2008, 01:27 PM
AnImaL lUVer..

mixa is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Artemis

Jenama baru ke tu?? xpernah dengar la..explain ckit? cmner color n bentuk die? Mahal x?
Old 12-18-2008, 01:37 PM
PetFinder Moderator

dog is my buddy has disabled reputation

I have using for dog food. It is high end quality products from USA. Do you engle pack, some of this products manufacture by engle pack factory.

Sometimes,things in life are out of our control. We just need to accept the fact.
Rocky, Ricky and Rusty is my best friend.
Old 12-18-2008, 02:19 PM
Animal Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixa View Post
Jenama baru ke tu?? xpernah dengar la..explain ckit? cmner color n bentuk die? Mahal x?

Saya pun baru nak try. U boleh pegi site dia Artemis.com. It's a premium food but cheaper from premium food yang lain. I think not that new since 1998 in US but baru kot kat sini. For 18lbs is about RM130. Ada untuk kitten and adult. My cat baru nak try hari nie. So, kalau ada masa sebulan lepas nie I akan tunjukkan gambar sebelum dan selepas. Mixa you gi tengok site dia dulu k....

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog is my buddy View Post
I have using for dog food. It is high end quality products from USA. Do you engle pack, some of this products manufacture by engle pack factory.

Hi.. buddy,

So, is it good? Yeah, before I feed Eagle Pack Holistic for my cats. So, sekarang tinggal sket lagi. From my experienced EP is really good but they gonna hike the price. So, after finished EP I switch to Artemis. See how lor... Cerita sket lah what do you think of Artemis.
Old 12-19-2008, 12:04 AM
PetFinder Moderator

Nater-E,
Engle pack holistic is the best from my own opinion, since my 3 dogs took this dog food from puppy to adult. I would like thanks Mr.Lin from Engle pack Malaysia bring the most quality and realizable pet food to Malaysia. I have try two pack the artemis mixed with fish Engle pack holistic. I cannot see it have any differ. I more prefer Engle pack holistic. Because the certain nutritional need. You need check which nutritional need for your pet. I won't let my dog have high proteins dog food. Though higher is better, more is not, excess protein is filtered through the kidneys and excreted, and too much protein makes the kidneys work overtime. I have 3 Miniature Schnauzer, I still prefer high end pet food, and it might reduce any ill. Sometime you need read the lable and check the nutritional needs for your pet. No all the expensive pet food is good.
The only true way to judge the quality and performance of any pet food products is to let your cat tell you, not a salesman.

Sometimes,things in life are out of our control. We just need to accept the fact.

Last edited by dog is my buddy; 12-19-2008 at 12:49 AM.
Old 12-19-2008, 12:27 PM
Animal Lover

Quote:
Nater-E,
Engle pack holistic is the best from my own opinion, since my 3 dogs took this dog food from puppy to adult. I would like thanks Mr.Lin from Engle pack Malaysia bring the most quality and realizable pet food to Malaysia. I have try two pack the artemis mixed with fish Engle pack holistic. I cannot see it have any differ. I more prefer Engle pack holistic. Because the certain nutritional need. You need check which nutritional need for your pet. I won't let my dog have high proteins dog food. Though higher is better, more is not, excess protein is filtered through the kidneys and excreted, and too much protein makes the kidneys work overtime. I have 3 Miniature Schnauzer, I still prefer high end pet food, and it might reduce any ill. Sometime you need read the lable and check the nutritional needs for your pet. No all the expensive pet food is good.
The only true way to judge the quality and performance of any pet food products is to let your cat tell you, not a salesman.

I agree with you DIMB, EP really save my pocket on vet bill. Some of my cats are bit fussy. They tend to reduce weight faster if the food not 'ngam' with them. Even RC pun tak boleh menggemukkan my cats. Anyway, I will try Artemis and see how it goes. I have 13 cats and 3 kittens, not easy to 'jaga', one sakit than the other one follows. At one time all my cats got flu because I took in 1 stray cat yang got flu. Walaupun I asingkan but still berjangkit. You see if 16 cats deman than I also deman because of the vet bill. Thanks DIMB for your feedback.
Old 12-19-2008, 02:20 PM
PetFinder Moderator

Nater-E,you need more information about artemis, you can visit the web page http://www.artemiscompany.com/
you need give the food by volume. Since you have too many cats, it might cost for you.

Old 12-24-2008, 02:42 PM
PetFinder Buddy

Dongdong86 is on a distinguished road

Hi, Artemis and Eagle Pack belong to same company if not mistaken. One is mother company one is subsidiary. From my friend's experience, Artemis dog is excellent, but cats have some problems on it like diarrhea, dont like to eat, some plastic pieces in the packaging etc. Eagle pack is excellent too, but it cause some cats to obese, end up high medical fees. so becareful when feeding.

There are a lot of excellent foods in market, like Orijen, EVO, Natural Balance etc..
Old 12-26-2008, 12:43 PM
Animal Lover

Quote:
Nater-E,you need more information about artemis, you can visit the web page http://www.artemiscompany.com/
you need give the food by volume. Since you have too many cats, it might cost for you.

I guess I just have to 'ikat perut' (in English version tie up my big tummy ) and give my share to my babies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dongdong86 View Post
Hi, Artemis and Eagle Pack belong to same company if not mistaken. One is mother company one is subsidiary. From my friend's experience, Artemis dog is excellent, but cats have some problems on it like diarrhea, dont like to eat, some plastic pieces in the packaging etc. Eagle pack is excellent too, but it cause some cats to obese, end up high medical fees. so becareful when feeding.

There are a lot of excellent foods in market, like Orijen, EVO, Natural Balance etc..

Thanks Dongdong for the info but the problem is I love to see my cats 'gemuk-gemuk' coz I love to hug them. From your experienced which one is better and which one are you suggesting (to make my cats gebu, fatty and fluffy).
Old 12-26-2008, 07:48 PM
PetFinder Buddy

Dongdong86 is on a distinguished road

From my friend's shelter's 170 cats experience, Eagle Pack can meet your requirement. They look like Sumo Wrestler now. But the problem is cat shouldnt be fat in natural. They will get sick very fast. after they get sick, you know lah, cats are very weak one, die very fast. Eagle Pack is good, but it makes cats fat.

They best commercial food is still Orijen in their opinion. less problems compared with other brands. but now there are recall issue so they stopped from then, waiting for official report then can only continue.

While this time, they feed Artemis, a lot of problems, diarrhea, vomits, summore got worms an plastic in the bag. vet also said that it smell weird. So now better stop first.

Since no food is qualified, i can say it is very disappointing, we have to make BARF ourself, or look for Natural Balance. the NB supplier dont see a big customer though, i can say they are not wise. They refused to supply to this pet shop because they said other near pet shop is selling.
Old 11-19-2009, 04:28 PM
Animal Lover

Mishka is on a distinguished road

I totally disagree with what Dongdong86 has said.

My friend has five cats and she feeds them Artemis. And they have no problems at all. I've fed the cats myself with the cat food and have found no weird smells or plastic bits that Dongdong86 claimed in his/her post.

Anyways, I myself am feedin my dog Atermis Adult Dog food. My dog likes it and she has no problems with it.

http://catfoodreviews.com/artemis-adult-cat-food/