Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Pet Welfare, Rescue & Adoption > General Discussion

General Discussion General information and discuss on animal rescue, adoption and advocacy

Old 04-29-2011, 09:51 PM
Animal Lover

Jamiesnowy is on a distinguished road
Default Attention!urgent!DBKL PUTING UNWANTED CATS TO SLEEP BY TOMOROW OR SUNDAY! PLEASE ADOPT TO SAVE THEM!

HI everybody, i would like to urge all those who want to adopt of foster cats to Please please PLEASE go to the DBKL at Setapak and adopt or foster a cat. There are loads of cats there and THEY WILL BE PUT TO SLEEP EITHER TOMORROW (30/4/2011) or DAY AFTER (1/5/2011). SO please i urge you all to save those kitties! Im not sure if they have dogs but im quite sure they do. so hurry up!
Old 04-29-2011, 10:21 PM
Petfinder Moderator

Maneki Neko is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Attention!!urgent!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamiesnowy View Post
HI everybody, i would like to urge all those who want to adopt of foster cats to Please please PLEASE go to the DBKL at Setapak and adopt or foster a cat. There are loads of cats there and THEY WILL BE PUT TO SLEEP EITHER TOMORROW (30/4/2011) or DAY AFTER (1/5/2011). SO please i urge you all to save those kitties! Im not sure if they have dogs but im quite sure they do. so hurry up!
Jamiesnowy, your message is the right one. It's urgent today, and it's urgent every day.

Here are the figures: Approximately 5 million homeless dogs and cats are put to sleep every year in Malaysia. Those are the animals euthanised in shelters because they are left there by people thinking someone else will adopt them or because they were picked up as strays. That number -- 5 million -- does not include the number of stray animals who starve or die from disease or injury every day.

Your message is correct, and it's the same one many animal welfare groups have been promoting for a long time:

DON'T BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE.
Old 05-01-2011, 11:31 AM
PetFinder Guru

Felix The Cat is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Attention!!urgent!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maneki Neko View Post
Jamiesnowy, your message is the right one. It's urgent today, and it's urgent every day.

Here are the figures: Approximately 5 million homeless dogs and cats are put to sleep every year in Malaysia. Those are the animals euthanised in shelters because they are left there by people thinking someone else will adopt them or because they were picked up as strays. That number -- 5 million -- does not include the number of stray animals who starve or die from disease or injury every day.

Your message is correct, and it's the same one many animal welfare groups have been promoting for a long time:

DON'T BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE.
Yesterday, itself we managed to save 6 stray cats at DBKL from being PTS. But leaving many behind. It was so sad to see their hopeful faces hoping to be taken but unfortunately 6 was all that we could managed Seeing the cats that we left behind and their ever so hopeful faces still haunts my mind

Those poor animals being dumped there are done by irresponsible pet owners. Some letting their pets wonder and get caught by DBKL, some who breed and then when they cannot afford to feed all those mouths they decide to throw these poor kitties and doggies on the streets to fend for themselves. There are so many causes of these poor animals being homeless and its a result from IRRESPONSIBLE pet owners.

Yes, it is most important NOT TO BREED when you know that you do NOT have the CAPACITY to KEEP THEM ALL. SPAY and NEUTER your pets and stop UNWANTED BREEDING now.

Also they are many petowners here who CONDONE breeding and selling of their cats and kittens but when you look at the 'For Sale' section or at MUDAH.com you can see many of these DOUBLE FACES people selling their cats or so called friends cats. These people are out to make a quick buck from selling cats and puppies and not caring for their future well fare and their reason for selling is having too many cats or dogs in the house.

If you dont want to have over population in your house just SPAY / NEUTER YOUR PETS. SIMPLE AS THAT. Dont breed and then sell them with the reason no time to look after, having too many cats or going out station or have to further studies is not a reason to sell your cats or dogs.

I am happy to say since me and my neighbour sent 3 of the tom cats under the SNIP program the population of the stray cats at our apartment is under 10! Believable but true! Each and everyone of can contribute to making the world a happier place for the poor and needy animals!

Do your part today! Save a homeless cat and SPAY / NEUTER your PETS!

Felix The Cat - Dee wonderful wonderful cat!
http://felixthecats.weebly.com
http://livinginmyworld-phyllis.blogspot.com/

Last edited by Felix The Cat; 05-01-2011 at 02:14 PM.