Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Reviews, Notices & Stories > Hall of Shame

Hall of Shame There are lots of cruel and inconsiderate people out there. Expose their cruel deeds to the world and let them be shamed!

Old 02-07-2009, 10:11 AM
Animal Lover

tanuki is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Please watch TV3’s 999 show @ 9pm,Thurs Feb 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey Read View Post
nynakayle,
The visual on the dog pound showed a dead dog being dragged at the end of a noose before being released. Based on the visual which I recorded & screened INTENTLY twice, all I can deduce is there was dead dog was being removed or moved. That identical clip was repeated a couple of times. Not that I saying animal lovers claims are untrue but hearsay is not admissable under any court of law on any claims of cruelty.
I would like to know if you watch the visual (with DBKL) on the TV or on youtube?
Old 02-07-2009, 10:16 AM
.:: Baby, I dig you! ::.

Location: Subang Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia, World of Animal Lurve...
BabyZee is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BabyZee
Default Re: DBKL Animal Cruelty

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhfgsxRcUGg
Old 02-07-2009, 10:40 AM
User Account Terminated

Jeffrey Read is an unknown quantity at this point

t.ruth,

Did you expect a warm welcome from them, while trying to expose them? What you need is a better camera to get the job done discreetly. Read Sun Tzu's Art of War, it will teach you some principles on warfare.

tanuki,

I had seen the visuals on TV & YouTube. However, my comments are based solely & strictly on what was aired to the general public via TV as is basis. Anything posted over the internet can be subjected to distortion of any kind. Besides it is not coming from a credible source, sorry but that is just my opinion; unless certain things are done to prove otherwise. That is not for discussion.

Is there anything that you would like to share which caught your eye, but missed mine? Age must be catching up. :-(

I have 1 favour to ask of you, can you not to paste the entire quote if you want to ask me anything. Just type my name and question will do, for I know what I have clearly expressed. There is no absolute necessity for me to re-read what I've written and besides its easier for you. ;-)

Andy Koh,

This is the 1st time that I find myself agreeing with what you have commented about recording devices. Otherwise what's the use with developing all that technology!

However if I was a owner and moderator of a forum, I would be bloody careful in my writings just to be on the safe side of the "law". Remember what Spiderman's Uncle told Spiderman before he died?

If someone someday decides to file a legal suit for whatever reason based on the above "new" title, perhaps then you will think of me and learn never again to underestimate the gravity or seriousness of such matters just like in the recent post. Then again you're young but you will learn or made to learn.

In the land where the deaths don't matter, it is most wise for the living to stay extremely alert just to stay alive. In the eyes of the existing law and powers that be, you would make a perfect sacrificial lamb for obvious reasons.

Quote Andy Koh "Politicians fear it...", its obvious your perceptions of things are based a lot from the silver screen! Well, only time will tell and good luck to you. ;-)

Last edited by Jeffrey Read; 02-07-2009 at 12:01 PM.
Old 02-07-2009, 12:13 PM
User Account Terminated

Default Merging of Threads

What I truly dislike about this function on any forum is that, posts gets mixed up and reading will never be fun again. Besides, I am lazy to trace back through the maze just to find what I had missed.

This rarely happens on some advanced forum because it was strategically planned out right from the beginning even before a forum was formed just to avoid duplication.

Besides, I thought this thread was started about 999 or should it be 360 and main discussions should be strictly related to the topic 360 with light condiments added. I wonder how members who wanted to talk about 360 ever going to find this thread, since now its been mearged under a different title. Form another 360 thread? Beginning to sound like the chicken and the egg equation to me. Well, what do I know, time to pray harder for more enlightenment.

Last edited by Jeffrey Read; 02-07-2009 at 12:28 PM.
Old 02-09-2009, 11:05 AM
Animal Lover

nynakayle is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to nynakayle

What happened on Saturday? Did some of you managed to attend it? I can't open and get the updates since my pc kena Kido that day. *Sigh*
Old 02-10-2009, 12:33 PM
User Account Terminated

nynakayle,

Nothing happened, i presume otherwise there would be pictures of it by now.

Nothing was shown on TV even the day after. Besides the extensive coverage on Perak, there was another coverage about strip dancing in the capital on Saturday!

Nothing was reported in the southern region papers either be it Star or NST. Not sure if anything was reported in the central region, that will depend on others.

Off-topic
I do not know if anyone saw the clips about protesters blocking the cars going to the palace and FRU started running towards the protesters.

Somewhere in between the mayhem at the right hand corner of the clip, did anyone notice a FRU personnel swinging his baton downwards as IF he was hitting someone or something one the ground BUT the camera man conveniently swing his camera into a different direction. Was that intentional?

There is a saying that a picture paints a thousand words but sometimes one really has to read in-between the picture to really understand what they really want you to believe!!!

Last edited by Jeffrey Read; 02-10-2009 at 12:52 PM.
Old 02-10-2009, 01:47 PM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road
Default DBKL Animal Cruelty

It was in the STAR Metro yesterday.Nothing much though mentioned abt the protest.

Could be intentional.You know how Be End always use dirty tactic. You want to know more abt what's going on right now,you can go to www.malaysiawaves.blogspot.com

Quote:
nynakayle,

Nothing was shown on TV even the day after. Besides the extensive coverage on Perak, there was another coverage about strip dancing in the capital on Saturday!

Nothing was reported in the southern region papers either be it Star or NST. Not sure if anything was reported in the central region, that will depend on others.

Off-topic
I do not know if anyone saw the clips about protesters blocking the cars going to the palace and FRU started running towards the protesters.

Somewhere in between the mayhem at the right hand corner of the clip, did anyone notice a FRU personnel swinging his baton downwards as IF he was hitting someone or something one the ground BUT the camera man conveniently swing his camera into a different direction. Was that intentional?

There is a saying that a picture paints a thousand words but sometimes one really has to read in-between the picture to really understand what they really want you to believe!!!
Old 02-10-2009, 03:55 PM
Animal Lover

animalLuver is on a distinguished road

hi all,

here's the article from TheStar for your reference:

Quote:
Source: http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp...86&sec=central
__________________________________________________ ________________________

THEY had gone to the Kuala Lumpur City Hall (DBKL) animal pound in Setapak to protest against the alleged brutal killing of dogs and cats there but animal activists were not prepared for what they stumbled upon in the vicinity of the premises.

Thrown into uncovered pits, about six feet in both width and depth, were the rotting carcasses of dogs that had been killed at the pound.

"We cannot tolerate such cruelty and are totally against it,'' said Rosnah Hassan, who burst into tears after seeing the graves.

Elaine Kong added that a better method should be used to terminate the lives of strays as well as dispose of their remains.
Disturbing sight: A protestor taking pictures of one of the pits where the carcasses were dumped.

The crowd had gathered at the pound in reaction to the visuals shown over the TV3 programme 360° last Wednesday night.

The visuals, which were captured by a hidden camera, showed a pound worker dragging a dying dog with a loop around its neck whilst another terrified dog watched the 'execution' as it waited for its turn.

DBKL health department director Dr Zainol Ariffin Pawanchee who was at the pound to meet the protesters was bombarded with questions by the angry crowd.

The 360° programme anchor Mazidul Akmal Sidek, who was also there, told Dr Zainol Ariffin that the visuals showed the dog still breathing when being yanked around by the neck.

Dr Zainol Ariffin, who neither denied nor admitted to the mishap, apologised to the crowd for the trauma they had undergone after watching the visuals.

He said the dogs were caught and brought to the pound by two private companies which were paid RM30 per dog captured.

He added euthanising the dogs and disposing of the carcasses were carried out by DBKL employees.

Meanwhile, Kuala Lumpur mayor Datuk Ahmad Fuad Ismail said he had asked Dr Zainol Ariffin to explain the matter to him.

"Apparently, the landfills have refused to take the carcasses and we don't have an incinerator as it is very expensive,'' Ahmad Fuad said.

He added that he would look into the matter as he wanted dogs to be caught, euthanised and buried according to the guidelines provided.

Besides holding placards which condemned the alleged brutal killings, the 50-odd activists also lit candles outside the pound in remembrance of all the animals killed there.
Looking for answers: Dr Zainol Ariffin (right) being confronted by the angry crowd at the pound.

They also adopted four dogs and seven puppies from the pound after paying a nominal compound.

The gathering was initiated by non-profit organisation Community Development and Integration Initiative's (CDII) canine welfare project Malaysian Dogs Deserve Better.

For details please visit: http://malaysiandogsdeservebetter.blogspot.com/.

Here's a video I found of the day's gathering:

Old 02-10-2009, 03:57 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

FurKids is on a distinguished road

Focus and intensity on DBKL animal cruelty in Setapak, KL successfully got deviated away again, ya?

This time to Perak riot and China animal cruelty instead while conveniently ignoring what happens on home soil by our very own people ... right next to a SPCA setup, terang benderang some more ....

Betul, kata diorang, you do not need to go to Gaza to see the happenings, the same cruelty and atrocities can be seen here, if we care to see ...

In another press report over the long weekend (yesterday or Sunday Star or NST - tak ingat), DBKL health department director Dr Zainol Ariffin Pawanchee said the happenings were done by others to make DBKL look bad.

So what that the animal catching is outsourced ... are they simply to hand out contracts and then go to sleep or minum kopi? Tak payah pantau? No project monitoring, no responsibility and accountability? Oh sure ... always blame others ...

And it was reported that (incredibily!) he did not have a copy of THE guidelines nor seen it! He asked someone in the gathering for a copy and a demonstrator gave it to him!

Wakakakakakaaaaaa!!!!!
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies

Last edited by FurKids; 02-10-2009 at 04:17 PM.
Old 02-10-2009, 04:02 PM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road

That's what I said in our nilai thread,remember??? so keep our head and mind straight.buat 3 kerja at 1 time

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurKids View Post
Focus and intensity on DBKL animal cruelty in Setapak, KL successfully got deviated away again, ya?

This time to Perak riot and China animal cruelty instead while conveniently ignoring what happens on home soil by our very own people ... right next to a SPCA setup, terang benderang some more ....

Betul, kata diorang, you do not need to go to Gaza to see the happenings, the same cruelty and atrocities can be seen here, if we care to see ...
Old 02-10-2009, 04:21 PM
PetFinder Guru

melmel is on a distinguished road

more info :

a) 11/02/09 Wed
TV3 360 9pm will stress on this issue again this Wed, watch out !

b) Dialogue session / meeting with DBKL
12/02/09 Thu
Old 02-10-2009, 04:23 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Quote:
nynakayle,

Off-topic

Eh, JR, since you mention this, heheheehhhh!!! seems that our "camera" on DBKL animal cruelty is also being swung away to Perak riot and China animal cruelty laaaa ... haisehmannnnn!!!!
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
Old 02-10-2009, 04:25 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Quote:
Originally Posted by melmel View Post
more info :

a) 11/02/09 Wed
TV3 360 9pm will stress on this issue again this Wed, watch out !

b) Dialogue session / meeting with DBKL
12/02/09 Thu
Oh good, let's keep the fire burning for our animals' sake.
Old 02-10-2009, 06:51 PM
User Account Terminated

Everyone,
Please stop using the quote function in this thread, I beg of you especially if you intend to post the entire message that was written by me. If you still insist on quote, please quote specifically in relation to sections on my postings with reference to your statement. Otherwise, I shall refrain from making further statements directly for my attention. That's all I ask & beg of you and thank you for your kind consideration and attention to my small request.

animalLuver,
TQ for posting the YouTube. Could you ask the person who posted on YouTube to exclude the background music? I just want to hear precisely & clearly what transpired. I hope the video can be re-posted as is basis, the raw version without all the special effects, if I am ever going to make an impartial statement. Getting old hearing not so good, lar... ;-)

FurKids,
Well you caught my drift, that was what I was trying to imply. Did the producer purposely not show the clip if the killing was recorded just to be on the safe side of the law OR nothing was ever recorded in the first place! But I must stress in view of lack of evidence, I would have to give the producer the benefit of doubt under the existing circumstance.

For southern region, nothing was reported over the STAR or NST about animal cruelty. AFFIRMATIVE. For those who are unaware, for different regions different things are reported. So what happens in 1 region will not be reported in another region except for National section.

melmel,
Will the dialogue session on 12 Feb 09 be aired over TV as well? It cannot be the same meeting as mentioned in YouTube as the time frame provided is 2 weeks on the gathering, right?

Something off-topic ...
I know that everyone who showed up cares for animals and I hate to say this but please conduct yourselves properly. If I was the bloke being questioned in the YouTube clip, do you sincerely think I really NEED to answer your questions posted let alone entertain you? This is definately not a court yet, as far as I remember.

Sorry for the delay, something's not quite right with streamyx today. Will repost the continuation soon? ;-)

Last edited by Jeffrey Read; 02-10-2009 at 09:25 PM.
Old 02-10-2009, 10:20 PM
PetFinder Moderator

dog is my buddy has disabled reputation

Thread 28 for the youtube at 8:20 have 2 sisters was talking about SPCA where the money gone donated by public? It take attention by me. Yes, where the public donation, isn't using for Animal Cruelty?

Sometimes,things in life are out of our control. We just need to accept the fact.
Rocky, Ricky and Rusty is my best friend.

Last edited by dog is my buddy; 02-11-2009 at 01:06 AM.
Old 02-11-2009, 02:25 AM
PetFinder Buddy

Dongdong86 is on a distinguished road

hi DIMB, one of them is my boss, Ruth from Tails Unlimited.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:38 AM
PetFinder Moderator

Dong,
ruth can on youtube. hahahahhah

Sometimes,things in life are out of our control. We just need to accept the fact.

Last edited by dog is my buddy; 02-11-2009 at 10:03 AM.
Old 02-11-2009, 11:00 AM
User Account Terminated

There is too much information or rather disinformation at the moment. LOL So making relevant comments in response will take a while.

However, I will not make any comments until an unedited version of YouTube of the protest is re-posted minus the background music. If I wanted to enjoy classicals, I definately wouldn't want to see animal cruelty now wouldn't I? What on earth was the person who posted the clip thinking about???

Otherwise any comments thereon will be made with pre-assumptions and that can be a blow right in the face. Just like when I presumed, that there was no protest BUT what happened!

To me its very simple, the opportunity is here & now to stop all the allegations once & for all. What matters now is how will the issue handled which will untimately decide the outcome in this case. Look at all the cases by the Deputy Public Prosecutor against criminals, surely that will give you some hint!!! For failure to prepare is preparing to fail. Period.

I was pondering about this, if this truly can be happening in the capital, then can I presume that this is being practiced nationwide as well! If that is true, all hell will break loose by then. Here's a tip, try to rope in the elected representative for the area. That should add some spice, wouldn't you think so. Do you know that the Australia or New Zealand there are 2 elected representatives just for animal rights! Perhaps maybe BN or PKR will catch wind of this and adopt this into a marketing strategy. LOL

The 360 show did not show a zoomed in visual of the "a dead dog" IMHO still "breathing" unlike that in YouTube. animalLuver posted a quote from STAR ... "dying dog". Irregardless I cannot tell for sure if its doctored or otherwise based on 360 visual [no assumption since visual was of low quality] and YouTube [doctored?]. It seems the is a difference in classification of point of death in legal terms to me.

Irregardless of what it maybe, let switch to biology a bit about involuntarily muscle spasm action or re-action [if I got the terminology correct]. I remember when I was small, I had seen a removed heart from a snake still beating now of course the snake was dead but its heart continued to beat! Now that visual appears on National Geographic Channel once in a while too. Likewise this can be applied to the dog question too. But that is not in question now, right? Now its alleged killings.

Although it maybe closely linked but make no mistake that there are totally independant of each other and those who continously blur the lines between that, you may & will soon find themselves in trouble for whatever reasons people can think off when push comes to shove. By the way, please do NOT construe that I am not issuing a threat. For I recall I was never elected to be Mayor or officer of DBKL etc. ;-)

A lot of Malaysians do try to be GUNG-HO, but please understand where you stand in the first place. My personal opinion would be animal protestors join forces and try to engage a qualified lawyer on "pro-bono" basis preferably a lawyer who is also an animal activist. You see, what we see as correct is unimportant but what is important is how the courts issues its verdict that matters. At least from thereon, we can expect some form of compliance, wouldn't you think so?

Another thought, for me there appears to be too many animal activists groups in Malaysia but none seem to have a clue on how to handle the crisis like our politicians. It would be better everyone join forces together and handle the problems from there onwards. Not to mention ability to target what is the real problem itself is already a problem.

After all that is said and done, what I think would be a best forum is to post quotes from our remarkable ministers. I think that is simply awe inspiring just to laugh my heart out. LOL

Last edited by Jeffrey Read; 02-11-2009 at 12:08 PM.
Old 02-11-2009, 11:12 AM
PetFinder Guru

melmel is on a distinguished road

TONITE TV3 360 9pm

let's us see what's KL Mayor Ahmad Fuad explanation on DBKL dog pound issue.....
Old 02-11-2009, 11:27 AM
PetFinder Moderator

You are right, Jeffrey. The YouTube was edit some image became black and white, some have red, it out of view already. That is important part to view. This is documentary story, should clean and clear background.