Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Reviews, Notices & Stories > Vets & Docs Reviews

Vets & Docs Reviews Discuss, recommend, and review the people providing health care for your pets, ie, the animal docs.

Old 05-31-2010, 02:16 AM
Animal Lover

fionaccf is on a distinguished road
Question Any other vets In Penang Island?

Hello, few days ago (Thursday to be exact) i brought my dog to Dr Choy (located at tg bungah) for some skin treatment for my dog in her neck area. He gave my dog a combo jab and medication + cream total cost RM150! i dont mind as long as if it able to cure my precious dog. However there is no progress so far after the medication.

i thought of changing to another vet doctors available in penang, any good recommendation beside gill? (i heard from my friends said gill arent that reasonable and doesnt really treat their dog with care and love)

after this incident with dr choy, i have second thought bringing my dog for her next vaccination, he charged RM100 for 9 in 1 vaccination for your info (in penang island price) i wonder how the charges outhere?

Any input much appreciated, Thank you.
Old 05-31-2010, 12:02 PM
~feline attaché

nurkasih is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Any other vets In Penang Island?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fionaccf View Post
Hello, few days ago (Thursday to be exact) i brought my dog to Dr Choy (located at tg bungah) for some skin treatment for my dog in her neck area. He gave my dog a combo jab and medication + cream total cost RM150! i dont mind as long as if it able to cure my precious dog. However there is no progress so far after the medication.

i thought of changing to another vet doctors available in penang, any good recommendation beside gill? (i heard from my friends said gill arent that reasonable and doesnt really treat their dog with care and love)

after this incident with dr choy, i have second thought bringing my dog for her next vaccination, he charged RM100 for 9 in 1 vaccination for your info (in penang island price) i wonder how the charges outhere?

i am a Penangite myself and I believe I can answer your question . I myself frequent 2 clinics tho..

I would go to Life veterinary clinics for minor sickness such as fleas/mites but usually problems that I can see with my naked eyes. The most I have paid for this clinic is around RM150 for vaccinations for 2 cats plus some medications with a shampoo and a cat toy, I guess. And Dr Sarah worked with Gill's Clinic before.

Life Veterinary Clinics
619 Jalan Masjid Negeri, 11600 Penang, Malaysia.
Contact: Dr. Sarah Jayamalar Tel: 604-655 2576 Fax: 604-655 2576 Email: dns_lifeline@yahoo.com
Consultation Hours: Mon - Fri : 9am - 12pm, 2pm - 8pm. Sat: 9am - 5pm. Sun: 2pm - 5pm. Close on Public Holidays.
In case of emergency call 012-513 5346.

Otherwise, if I suspect my furkids have problems but I can't see the problem with naked eyes or after 3rd treatment from LIfe Vet is not working, I'll go to Peng Aun. I would not say it's cheap as I usually paid up to RM180 per visit, but he's an experienced vet. He'll give you satisfactory explanations and problems usually subside with only 1 visit ( He won't just agree with you if you say ur pet has been infested by fleas until he confirmed it under the microscope). If you want detailed check ups, detail explainations, I think Peng Aun is worth a try ( minus the waiting line..his clinic will be pack most of the time)..

Peng-Aun Veterinary Clinic
Veterinary Clinics
728 Jalan Sungai Dua, Gelugor, 11700 Penang, Malaysia.
Tel: 04-646 0137 Fax: 04-646 7562

lastly, I haven't go there personally but heard stories from my uncle..Angsana vet is also quite good. the vet there actually one of those working with Peng Aun before, but now she opens her own clinic.Payment, no idea. But as detailed as Peng Aun tho.

Angsana Vet Clinic
Veterinary Clinics
31A, Mdn Angsana, Air Itam, 11500 Penang, Malaysia.

hope that helps..
Tel: 04-827 5152
Old 05-31-2010, 12:21 PM
PetFinder Guru

MidnightMaiden is on a distinguished road

Hi Nurkasih,

Which vet would u recommend for neuter/spay purposes, and would u have any idea of the price range? Thanks.
Old 05-31-2010, 12:25 PM
~feline attaché

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightMaiden View Post
Hi Nurkasih,

Which vet would u recommend for neuter/spay purposes, and would u have any idea of the price range? Thanks.
Spay neuter..I have only one clinic in mind..Peng Aun.. It's RM100++(male) and RM180++(female).. But for female, they'll take in the female for 7 days boarding before allowed to take home.. And the RM180++ covers all that, I think.

I did asked GRASS, they neuter/spay at Angsana Vet..as I said..one of the vet from Peng Aun also.. and the waiting line is damn long in both clinics...
Old 05-31-2010, 01:01 PM
PetFinder Guru

MidnightMaiden is on a distinguished road

Wow, 7 days boarding & long waiting list huh! Takpelah, if it has to be done, it has to be done :) My little nephew has adopted a stray female..and before it starts to beranak pinak, better ask the mum to bwk pergi spay cepat2.
Old 05-31-2010, 02:26 PM
~feline attaché

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightMaiden View Post
Wow, 7 days boarding & long waiting list huh! Takpelah, if it has to be done, it has to be done :) My little nephew has adopted a stray female..and before it starts to beranak pinak, better ask the mum to bwk pergi spay cepat2.
Itu harga yang i tahu dalam 3 months ago..tak tahulah kot ada yang berubah. Long line bukan apa..sbb dia explain every tiny miny kalau customer dia tanya... kena pulak customer yang macam i suka menanya.. lagilah lama tunggu Adding up, I lebih selesa vet tue yang buat..yang lain macam tak yakin ja
Old 05-31-2010, 11:23 PM
Animal Lover

Thank you so much for the wonderful information nurkasih, you are marvelous!

At another note, i have not pay any visit to any other vet before other than dr.choy. I remember i have my dog spayed for RM300+ that do not require boarding. I brought her to the clinic in the morning and around late noon i am able to bring her back home. Of course it was heartache to see her in pain for first 2 days but after tender loving care, she is all back herself. Thanks god no complication and infection occurred. So i have no idea why some vet require your pet to stay for a week there? perhaps too many pets to handle?

Thank you once again nurkasih
Old 05-31-2010, 11:27 PM
~feline attaché

Quote:
Thank you so much for the wonderful information nurkasih, you are marvelous!

At another note, i have not pay any visit to any other vet before other than dr.choy. I remember i have my dog spayed for RM300+ that do not require boarding. I brought her to the clinic in the morning and around late noon i am able to bring her back home. Of course it was heartache to see her in pain for first 2 days but after tender loving care, she is all back herself. Thanks god no complication and infection occurred. So i have no idea why some vet require your pet to stay for a week there? perhaps too many pets to handle?

Thank you once again nurkasih
That's teh info I got last time.. I havent spay/neuter my cats yet but making plans to do it in no time. A bit nervous still ( as most 1st timers do) ..huhu now financially and mentally preparing for the D-day

nway, update me after your visit to one of the vets ya.. really wanna know your feedback also..
Old 06-01-2010, 04:37 PM
Animal Lover

your cat such a darling i am sure everything able to go smoothly, wishes you and your cutie cat best of luck.

i still have some cream left (although the medication finished 2 days ago) I will try to apply to her lesion until its finish (estimate in 2 days) and see. If i have any chance to go the vets clinic you recommended, i definitely will post some review.

Thanks alot nurkasih
Old 07-15-2010, 11:55 AM
Animal Lover

joeL is on a distinguished road

Hi there everyone,
My 1st time using Petfinder so please excuse me for anything ya...
My dog of 8 years recently got sick. I was referred by my local vet to Peng Aun Vet in Penang for further ultrasound of my pet belly (coz I'm not from Penang & there are no modern equipment in my place) I did spoke to Dr Teoh & he said my dog need the ultrasound & if confirm got something inside (hopefully not ;(
then, maybe need operation to remove the womb (izzit similar to spaying?) coz I heard that some vet only 'ikat' the tube so that she won't pregnant.
He said can do it & immediately discharge my pet home the very day... problem is I not sure what is the normal rate for this procedure & am oso want to know what's his usual rate (pls help me for those who know)... Ya, I know I can ask him myself in the 1st place, but I just want to be sure... No offence to him or his clinic but as consumer I have right to know the fair price, coz i don't mind as long as my pet safe & I didn't kena 'potong leher'
Pls help... TQ
Old 07-15-2010, 04:03 PM
~feline attaché

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeL View Post
Hi there everyone,
My 1st time using Petfinder so please excuse me for anything ya...
My dog of 8 years recently got sick. I was referred by my local vet to Peng Aun Vet in Penang for further ultrasound of my pet belly (coz I'm not from Penang & there are no modern equipment in my place) I did spoke to Dr Teoh & he said my dog need the ultrasound & if confirm got something inside (hopefully not ;(
then, maybe need operation to remove the womb (izzit similar to spaying?) coz I heard that some vet only 'ikat' the tube so that she won't pregnant.
He said can do it & immediately discharge my pet home the very day... problem is I not sure what is the normal rate for this procedure & am oso want to know what's his usual rate (pls help me for those who know)... Ya, I know I can ask him myself in the 1st place, but I just want to be sure... No offence to him or his clinic but as consumer I have right to know the fair price, coz i don't mind as long as my pet safe & I didn't kena 'potong leher'
Pls help... TQ
I considered Peng Aun is expensive but I am pretty happy with his advices and his practices.. Yerp expensive but he'd done a very good job.. And no, I do not considered him as potong leher coz he's good..

Maybe you can try scouting around for the rate.. but believe me.. others maybe will charge you more but give you no good advices and your pets will still be at the very same 0 situation. And more,the vet that of the same level would be Angsana vet.. as I said.. they worked together before..

if you 'kena' around RM150 and above.. that would be normal to me ( as seeing the microscope/ the equipements , tests done..and the how-to-give-your-pet-the-med each time.. it's worth the $$$ and the wait ).. I happened to be at a vet whom charge me more (RM200 above ) but my cat still at his worst/no advice/and some more no assistant ( I have to help her to pegang my cat which will snap bila dicucuk)..) Finally, expensive yet have to rerefer to Peng Aun.. Might as well I go to Peng Aun terus..

My opinon but I have no idea what are others say.. For me , I am satisfied..
Old 07-16-2010, 11:45 PM
Animal Lover

joeL is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurkasih View Post
I considered Peng Aun is expensive but I am pretty happy with his advices and his practices.. Yerp expensive but he'd done a very good job.. And no, I do not considered him as potong leher coz he's good..

Maybe you can try scouting around for the rate.. but believe me.. others maybe will charge you more but give you no good advices and your pets will still be at the very same 0 situation. And more,the vet that of the same level would be Angsana vet.. as I said.. they worked together before..

if you 'kena' around RM150 and above.. that would be normal to me ( as seeing the microscope/ the equipements , tests done..and the how-to-give-your-pet-the-med each time.. it's worth the $$$ and the wait ).. I happened to be at a vet whom charge me more (RM200 above ) but my cat still at his worst/no advice/and some more no assistant ( I have to help her to pegang my cat which will snap bila dicucuk)..) Finally, expensive yet have to rerefer to Peng Aun.. Might as well I go to Peng Aun terus..

My opinon but I have no idea what are others say.. For me , I am satisfied..
Hi Nurkasih, Thank you so much for your detailed account on Peng Aun. I just came back from Peng Aun today & didn't really get to read your reply beforehand. But as what you've said, I'm very glad I did the right choice
She had an ultrasound done to confirm the diagnosis which I dreaded the most. She had pyometra (womb infection) & thank God it's not yet spread to other organs! Surgery was indicated & I agreed the procedure & paid in total RM500.00 for everything, including consultation,ultrasound, surgery & a small pack of antibiotics. The doc said she had lot of nanah in her womb. Again, thank God (& the doctor she is safe! I was allowed to take her back the same day. A bit takut initially cause after operation she lied down very weak as if she... (touchwood!) She remain very weak & not alert the whole journey back home.
But luckily after dinner outside, I came home & she was already awake & wagging her tail at all of us! so terharuBut she still quite weak & not able walk much, hope her appetite return tomorrow
ah... very tiring my whole day drive up & down Penang & worry the whole time after leaving her at the vet for surgery, she look at me with very big & pity eyes.. I really wanted to menangis , now everything is settle though I used up lot of my savings (I'm still student), but the money does not matter now as long she is okay & we can again spend time play together again!
Again, thank u ya for your advice :) Take care~
Old 10-25-2010, 11:55 AM
Animal Lover

nicotyyne is on a distinguished road

Hi, I'm looking for rabbit savvy vet in Penang. Do u guys have any experience / frens yang penah anta rabbits to vet in penang?
Old 11-18-2010, 09:56 PM
Animal Lover

tashny84 is on a distinguished road

Hey, you could try Dr Law (Megamall Penang).He is the best veterinary i have ever been to. Try calling him at 04-3970787. I took a hairless dog from SPCA and he took care of it and he really loves dogs. He is cheap too and explains to you everything.

Last edited by tashny84; 11-18-2010 at 10:02 PM.
Old 04-28-2011, 03:23 PM
Animal Lover

AshleyOoi is on a distinguished road

SO u guys know is there any hamster vet in penang?whr can i go to the good and nt expensive vet???
Old 01-10-2013, 11:43 AM
Animal Lover

nyt26 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyOoi View Post
SO u guys know is there any hamster vet in penang?whr can i go to the good and nt expensive vet???
Yeah does any of the vets clinic in penang attend to hamsters?
Old 09-01-2013, 06:23 PM
Animal Lover

Animallover2 is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Choy is expensive and doesn't really know what he doing but at least he's not downright rude and arrogant like Gill.

Peng Aun has 2 outlets. The one at Geloutog is OK but the one on Jalan Gottlieb has a young Dr who is only after YOUR money. He also like to argue with his clients.
Old 10-30-2013, 09:33 AM
Animal Lover

i77uminati is on a distinguished road

you can try Dr Pava at gelugor 04 657 8080