Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > The Animal Corner > Cats & Kittens

Cats & Kittens General information and discussions on taking care of your feline buddy

Old 10-01-2014, 01:19 AM
Animal Lover

Harimau is on a distinguished road
Default Kitty Dilema HELP?

hello, everyone.
I hope someone reads this and is able to give me some good advice. Here goes. I have been living in Malaysia for the last 2 years. When I arrived to my new home one morning I woke to the sound of kittens crying outside my front door. I fed them day after day. one of them started to live inside my house. Both were raised inside from kittens until about one year old, they go outside and love it. Both are properly neutered and vaccinated and current with all jabs by vet and Microchip. Both are very friendly playful but shy with strangers. Now the cats are grown and I can not take them with me back to the states. Is there a place in Malaysia where they can live a long peaceful life here? question can they be adopted? Thank you so much for your help.
Old 10-01-2014, 08:41 AM
Petfinder Moderator

Maneki Neko is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Kitty Dilema HELP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harimau View Post
hello, everyone.
I hope someone reads this and is able to give me some good advice. Here goes. I have been living in Malaysia for the last 2 years. When I arrived to my new home one morning I woke to the sound of kittens crying outside my front door. I fed them day after day. one of them started to live inside my house. Both were raised inside from kittens until about one year old, they go outside and love it. Both are properly neutered and vaccinated and current with all jabs by vet and Microchip. Both are very friendly playful but shy with strangers. Now the cats are grown and I can not take them with me back to the states. Is there a place in Malaysia where they can live a long peaceful life here? question can they be adopted? Thank you so much for your help.
Hi Harimau,

And bless you for taking good, responsible care of these cats so far! It's great that they're already vaccinated, neutered and microchipped.

I would recommend spending some time to take some really good photos of them. If you have a friend who's a great photographer, ask him or her to help. Get down on the cat's level, rather than shooting from above. I've found that excellent photos are one of the most effective ways to get your adoption listings noticed. What adoption listings, you ask?

1. Petfinder: Create a FOR ADOPTION listing on PF's main page. It's free, and you can upload all those gorgeous photos. Write a good description of your cats, and give your contact details.

2. Facebook: If you're on FB, put up a great photo of your adoptable cats and ask all your friends to share it. You can also ask some of the animal welfare NGOs (like SPCA Selangor) to share it.

3. Are you a student, or a professional? Put up adoption notices at your university or workplace, on bulletin boards or an intranet, if there is one.

4. Spread the word at any and every place you hang out: local coffeeshops or restaurants, places of worship, the gym -- you never know when you'll run into the cat-lover who will adopt your kitties!

Since they've grown up together, I pray you can find one adopter who'll take both. Best of luck!
Old 10-02-2014, 06:49 AM
Animal Lover

Harimau is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Kitty Dilema HELP?

Thank you very much for your advice. Maneki Neko.