Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > The Animal Corner > Cats & Kittens > Health, Disease & Diet

Health, Disease & Diet Find out the best tips and practices on managing your cat's diet, health care, and issues with diseases from our community of animal lovers

Old 09-26-2008, 09:33 AM
Banned

ashleywong is on a distinguished road
Default Re: What sort of cat food to feed your cat/kitten?

Hi adamyala

yes you can. sometimes they're used to eating a certain type of food because the smell is attractive. yes, you can mix a bit of their favourite food with the kibble, that's the usual method suggested by manufacturer when introducing new food. since you're mixing canned food with dry kibble, this is what you can try. my sis tried this with our anna and it worked beautifully.

place the amount you need to feed adam into a container, the smaller the better (for ease of mixing afterwards). spoon the amount of natural balance canned food you need to mix it in - use your own judgement.

if the natural balance food is slightly "chunky" in texture, pls mash this down with a spoon until you get a "lumat" texture and you can start to mix it with the kibbles in that small container. this is where a small container makes it easier to mix it around. do it until you're sure that the canned food is properly mixed up with all the kibbles and not just coated around some kibbles. this way the cat will eat all kibbles and not just select those with most canned food smeared on it.

you can do this over a several days but with decreasing amount of canned food used.

for our anna, because in the interim we fed her fish chunk (supplemented by multi-vits), we have to try this method over 2 weeks period - now she eats the kibbles on its own without any other food mixed it.

hope this works :-)
Old 09-28-2008, 02:05 PM
PetFinder Guru

adamyala is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleywong View Post
Hi adamyala

yes you can. sometimes they're used to eating a certain type of food because the smell is attractive. yes, you can mix a bit of their favourite food with the kibble, that's the usual method suggested by manufacturer when introducing new food. since you're mixing canned food with dry kibble, this is what you can try. my sis tried this with our anna and it worked beautifully.

place the amount you need to feed adam into a container, the smaller the better (for ease of mixing afterwards). spoon the amount of natural balance canned food you need to mix it in - use your own judgement.

if the natural balance food is slightly "chunky" in texture, pls mash this down with a spoon until you get a "lumat" texture and you can start to mix it with the kibbles in that small container. this is where a small container makes it easier to mix it around. do it until you're sure that the canned food is properly mixed up with all the kibbles and not just coated around some kibbles. this way the cat will eat all kibbles and not just select those with most canned food smeared on it.

you can do this over a several days but with decreasing amount of canned food used.

for our anna, because in the interim we fed her fish chunk (supplemented by multi-vits), we have to try this method over 2 weeks period - now she eats the kibbles on its own without any other food mixed it.

hope this works :-)
Hi ashley,

cant wait to tell you adam has been eating the allergy formula without any complaints for two consecutive days, 2 meals a day. I mixed the kibbles with canfood and I dont need to pound it until 'lumat'. I think he enjoys the canfood flavoured kibbles and he likes it chunky and crunchy.

His poo is starting to get a little 'formed' and I hope it will get better everyday.

I will update you on adams condition after hariraya holidays

Thanks ashley and HAPPY HOLIDAYS to you and sweet anna.

Last edited by adamyala; 09-29-2008 at 08:20 AM. Reason: typo
Old 09-29-2008, 09:53 AM
Banned

hi adamyala

oh, that's good news indeed. that's wonderful news indeed. i'm also happy for you. now we both share the same relief. i know how you feel

selamat berhari raya to you and your family. maaf zahir batin
Old 09-30-2008, 04:10 AM
Meow's Pets

firdaruddin is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to firdaruddin

hi..just come aboard...i'm feeding my baby with proformance kitten..

question..anyone know where is the distributor for proformance?just want to check the price and if the price is acceptable, want to buy at a lower price..TQ
Old 10-01-2008, 01:53 PM
Banned

hi firdaruddin

selamat hari raya, maaf zahir batin. hope you're having a wonderful celebration with your family, relatives and pets

perhaps you can do a google on proformance to find the manufacturer and get the info you need? or can ask the shop from where you buy the food.

i actually tracked down the distributor for my cat food and cat supplies through the internet and emailed them, it's a long drawn proces and i didn't always get my anwers initially but finally able to contact them.

it's worth a try but however if you're thinking of buying direct from distributor in order to get a cheaper price, it may or may not work. depends on how the distributor arranges with their customers, i.e. the petsupplies shops.

good luck
Old 10-03-2008, 09:52 PM
Meow's Pets

firdaruddin is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to firdaruddin

tq for the wish,ashley..actually i try to find the distributor because i found out that the price for proformance food in a shop is differ from the others pet's shop. i don't mind if the price's differ was only a few ringgit but it's more than rm10...that's why i want to know the real price from the distributor.....
Old 10-04-2008, 09:53 AM
Banned

hi firdaruddin

i noticed that too but for mine it didn't really differ by that much except for at sunday pyramid and ikano - the price there is high and nett...definitely only as last resort for me.

i guess this is free market - each shop needs to factor in their profit margin too, some are higher while some are lower, i guess you can establish which shops have reasonable price and which shop is nearest to you, or open more later than the rest, then plan your purchases accordingly.

as for me, i've marked down at least like 4 locations where i can replenish the supplies. one is because it's the nearest and although they don't stock this particular formula they don't mind ordering it for me but i have to give advance notice. another is on my list for it's late business hours - it closes at 9pm which suits me, in case i run out during weekdays and need to make a mad dash to replenish.

the other two are backup outlets. one of these 4 are more reasonably priced than the others but it is also situated furthest away.

no hard and fast rule - we always want the cheapest and most convenience but in the end it's always a trade off. if i'm not mistaken most retail pet supplies store offer some sort of a discount like 5% or 10% when you buy from them, so i guess that somewhat makes up for the price markup i guess.

i don't think it would be that difficult to track down the local distributor of proformance as i see that product in the shops i visited. the one i used are more difficult to track down as they're only in the market for just over a month so i guess it is not that widely distributed yet unless all the retail pet supplies store owners are very much aware and knowledgeable then they'll stock it.

good luck

ifyou find it, you might want to share it at this forum in the product section in a new thread.
Old 10-04-2008, 09:54 AM
Banned

hi adamyala

it's been two weeks since your cat is on the duck/green pea formula, right? how is he now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamyala View Post
Hi ashley,

cant wait to tell you adam has been eating the allergy formula without any complaints for two consecutive days, 2 meals a day. I mixed the kibbles with canfood and I dont need to pound it until 'lumat'. I think he enjoys the canfood flavoured kibbles and he likes it chunky and crunchy.

His poo is starting to get a little 'formed' and I hope it will get better everyday.

I will update you on adams condition after hariraya holidays

Thanks ashley and HAPPY HOLIDAYS to you and sweet anna.
Old 10-04-2008, 10:59 AM
PetFinder Guru

adamyala is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleywong View Post
hi adamyala

it's been two weeks since your cat is on the duck/green pea formula, right? how is he now?
Hi ashley,

Adam is now eating the kibbles (duck & green pea, natural balance , allergy formula) without me having to mix the kibbles with canned food first. He is now familiar with the taste and has learned to like it. Thank God!!!

What a releif .....now I do not have to wash him (especially his rear part) few times a day to get rid of his mess. Now he poops only once a day , and its still a bit 'soft', but 'formed' and the most important thing it doesnt leave any traces or mess his furrs on the 'immediate area'.

I am looking forward to see improvements on his coat and furrs texture, which has been in a poor condition for the last 3 months, he has been losing a lot of furrs due to his problem and now he still have bald patches on his head, face and armpits. I hope he will grow back those furrs and be in his purrfect condition as he should always be soon.

Ashley....I am sure you are busy helping out at the adoption drive ' event' in Bangsar today. I wish I could be there too but unfortunately I am still at a northern part of the country, and will only be heading back to KL tomorrow morning. Anyway...wish the 'event' will be a success and I hope to able to participate in the next one to come

Last edited by adamyala; 10-05-2008 at 10:00 AM.
Old 07-29-2009, 02:22 PM
[dun wake my devil side]

angelicdevil is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to angelicdevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by syunichi View Post
Uih sori sori..bz kat ofis kebelakangan ni. Ade kat Semenanjung,local made premium food tu. Subsidiery of Cargill USA. Nanti balik I'll take a picture of the food and label and post here. :) Yeah, my cats love it and it is colorless so I'm quite confident with it. ..nopeee..not going to eat it heheh.
aritu i sj la try cari Vetmaster yg disebut2 ni kt petshop area jln pudu kl. i tny owner tu, dia kata dia xde amik Vetmaster tp dia tnjuk kt i 1 brand lain 'Comel jus catz' n dia kata same kilang dgn Vetmaster..

i checked label blkg, n mmg ada nama Cargill USA..
also ada ingredient 'yucca' for less pee odour..
packaging dia agk cntik siap ada resealer cm plastik ubat tu..
isi dia kaler brown n shape 3segi..
yg i try ni, flavor chicken + tuna (sbb flavor tu je pun yg ada..)

so nk tny la yg penah pkai Vetmaster tu, sme ke ciri2 yg i sebut ni?
or ada anybody tau pape info psl brand 'comel' ni..
kot btul ke x ke sekilang ngn Vetmaster n ok ke x utk diguna..

i beli sbungkus je aritu kasi meow try..
stkat ni abis dh sbungkus tu dia bedal..