Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Reviews, Notices & Stories > Hall of Shame

Hall of Shame There are lots of cruel and inconsiderate people out there. Expose their cruel deeds to the world and let them be shamed!

Old 05-24-2009, 11:47 PM
Animal Lover

BerniceW is on a distinguished road
Default Rescuing a pup from being feasted by vietnamese worker

Yesterday, While my fren was at her shop overseeing her shop renovation, she heard some whining sound from behind her shop and went to checked the trash bin at the rear door...............she was shocked to see a cute brown 5 - 6 months old mongrel pup in a gunny sack inside the covered trash bin, with only his head outside the sack, tied very tightly with a nylon string around his neck to prevent him from escape fr the sack.

The poor pup was looking at her with his pleading eyes, looked weak though but still kept struggling helplessly, she was then quickly asked for scissors to cut the strings and released the poor puppy, then asked the workers furiously, who did that to the poor pup?............ To the shock of her life, 1 of the Indon worker told her that it was some vietnamese workers here trying to EAT THE PUP and its very normal to them, coz, they eat dog at their country, it is their culture.

How can this happend here?? It is so disgusting!!!! So sickening!!!!

Beware of those vietnamese workers, keep dogs away from them.
Old 05-25-2009, 12:26 AM
PetFinder Guru

adamyala is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Rescuing a pup from being feasted by vietnamese worker

Ya...I heard they also eat cats
pls...keep your pets indoor. And when you take them for a walk, please ensure someone is keeping an eye on them. Otherwise, they might end up in the frying pan
Old 05-25-2009, 12:47 AM
Animal Lover

But this sld not happend here, their culture in their country, not here, do agree that owner keep an eye on their pets closely
Old 05-25-2009, 01:59 AM
Animal Lover

Yurie is on a distinguished road

I cannot imaging how the hell they can eat this adorable, cute, harmless, friendly creature and to imaging they slatter these puppies and kittyOMG!!!.
Even thou they don't have money but they can eat vege or other things than puppies or cats...
It is so disgusting and heartless
We can call SPCA to investigate or prevent this things right???
Old 05-25-2009, 07:20 AM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yurie View Post
I cannot imaging how the hell they can eat this adorable, cute, harmless, friendly creature and to imaging they slatter these puppies and kittyOMG!!!.
Even thou they don't have money but they can eat vege or other things than puppies or cats...
We can call SPCA to investigate or prevent this things right???
Ya...Anum *mrsdolittle* hope you are reading this
is there anything SPCA could do about this ?
Old 05-25-2009, 07:41 AM
Petfinder Moderator

Maneki Neko is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yurie View Post
I've read comments like this for a long time and have stayed quiet, but this time I'm going to stick my neck out.

I do not eat dogs or cats, but for the same reasons that I don't eat cows, goats, sheep, chicken, pigs, etc. Are those of you who are outraged about this also vegetarian, or are you eating other slaughtered animals?

It is the culture in many places, such as Vietnam, to raise dogs for meat, just as Malaysians raise cattle or pigs. Pigs are judged to be more highly intelligent than dogs, and I personally find cows adorable. My point is, if you have no problem with raising other animals for slaughter, isn't it difficult to condemn people for raising dogs for the same purpose? Are the ethics of slaughtering a cow any different than the ethics of slaughtering a dog?

Now, in the interest of saving Malaysia's dogs, the question is, is there a law against killing dogs (and cats) for food? If so, the foreign workers can be formally charged with a crime. I'm not sure what the SPCA would be able to do to help...
Old 05-25-2009, 07:57 AM
PetFinder Guru

Yes Amanda,
there is a huge difference between slaughtering cows, goats, chicken, pigs and ducks for food and slaughtering cats and dogs for consumption. Dogs and cats are raised as pets in our homes. They are part of the family. To me, personally, its like slaughtering your own children. Cows, pigs, chicken etc; are food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maneki Neko View Post
I've read comments like this for a long time and have stayed quiet, but this time I'm going to stick my neck out.

I do not eat dogs or cats, but for the same reasons that I don't eat cows, goats, sheep, chicken, pigs, etc. Are those of you who are outraged about this also vegetarian, or are you eating other slaughtered animals?

It is the culture in many places, such as Vietnam, to raise dogs for meat, just as Malaysians raise cattle or pigs. Pigs are judged to be more highly intelligent than dogs, and I personally find cows adorable. My point is, if you have no problem with raising other animals for slaughter, isn't it difficult to condemn people for raising dogs for the same purpose? Are the ethics of slaughtering a cow any different than the ethics of slaughtering a dog?

Now, in the interest of saving Malaysia's dogs, the question is, is there a law against killing dogs (and cats) for food? If so, the foreign workers can be formally charged with a crime. I'm not sure what the SPCA would be able to do to help...
Old 05-25-2009, 08:05 AM
Animal Lover

Quote:

Even there is no LAW agaisnt killing pups or kittens, as I said this is not the culture here, different country has different culture, we respect others, like we don eat cow infront of a buddhist etc., just hope that thoes foreign workers don do this here esp to owners' dog.
Old 05-25-2009, 08:09 AM
Petfinder Moderator

Dear Zai,

With all respect, I would only say that the difference is a cultural one.

We keep dogs and cats in our homes; many other cultures do not. They see cats and dogs as livestock, just as you see the other animals. The Hindus, after all, see cows as sacred animals -- perhaps they look at others eating beef as "barbaric" or "disgusting".

I agree with you when you say that slaughtering your cats would be like slaughtering your children -- I feel the same about my cat! But at the same time, I have a hard time saying that the Vietnamese (and others) are "heartless" or "disgusting" because their cultural norms are different from mine. And actually, from my point of view, cows, pigs, chicken, etc. are not food. I could no more slaughter and eat them than I could kill my cat. Yet I don't hurl insults at people who do eat meat.

Bottom line, I would also like to save our dogs and cats from the soup-pot. If killing them for food falls under the Malaysian law covering animal abuse, the woman who found this poor, bagged puppy could simply report the Vietnamese worker to the police, ya?

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamyala View Post
Yes Amanda,
there is a huge difference between slaughtering cows, goats, chicken, pigs and ducks for food and slaughtering cats and dogs for consumption. Dogs and cats are raised as pets in our homes. They are part of the family. To me, personally, its like slaughtering your own children. Cows, pigs, chicken etc; are food.
Old 05-25-2009, 08:14 AM
Animal Lover

Eventhough there is no Law here against killing our adorable pets here, as I said, this is not our culture, different country has different culture. we respect each other, like we don eat cow infront of buddhist etc., juz hope that thoes foreign workers don do this here esp. to owners pups / kittens.
Old 05-25-2009, 08:14 AM
Petfinder Moderator

Agreed, Bernice. Someone may need to tell the Vietnamese that our culture is different here -- they may not be aware of it. If the puppy is (or looks like) a stray, they might just see it as fair game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerniceW View Post
Even there is no LAW agaisnt killing pups or kittens, as I said this is not the culture here, different country has different culture, we respect others, like we don eat cow infront of a buddhist etc., just hope that thoes foreign workers don do this here esp to owners' dog.
Old 05-25-2009, 09:01 AM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

FurKids is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Yesterday, While my fren was at her shop overseeing her shop renovation, she heard some whining sound from behind her shop and went to checked the trash bin at the rear door...............she was shocked to see a cute brown 5 - 6 months old mongrel pup in a gunny sack inside the covered trash bin, with only his head outside the sack, tied very tightly with a nylon string around his neck to prevent him from escape fr the sack.

The poor pup was looking at her with his pleading eyes, looked weak though but still kept struggling helplessly, she was then quickly asked for scissors to cut the strings and released the poor puppy, then asked the workers furiously, who did that to the poor pup?............ To the shock of her life, 1 of the Indon worker told her that it was some vietnamese workers here trying to EAT THE PUP and its very normal to them, coz, they eat dog at their country, it is their culture.

How can this happend here?? It is so disgusting!!!! So sickening!!!!

Beware of those vietnamese workers, keep dogs away from them.
BerniceW, where is the pup now? You mentioned that your friend released the pup ... did he/she just let it go around the area? Because if that is what he/she did, that pup's life is still in great danger (IF it is still alive and hasn't gone into another cooking pot!) because it will simply be caught again by some dog-eater! Where is the pup now? Is it really safe or just released from the frying pan into the fire?
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
Old 05-25-2009, 09:19 AM
PetFinder Guru

Sashy is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Dear Maneki, the difference is those animals are raised for meat and slaughtered in a proper manner. Whereas the dogs which are being slaughtered for meat are slaughtered in a very crude and cruel manner (usually involving being beaten to death).
Old 05-25-2009, 09:20 AM
Animal Lover

My fren who rescured the pup was a Malay lady, she alrdy told the local contractor to educate his foreign worker, and she warned the viets: DON EAT DOG HERE!!!!! OR WE EAT YOU!!!!!!

Hope all employers out there educate their foreign workers to respect our culture here.

Please owners keep an eye on your pets, if you hv foreign workers nearby your area, you won want to know how they kill a pup for their meal.
Old 05-25-2009, 09:23 AM
Animal Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurKids View Post
BerniceW, where is the pup now? You mentioned that your friend released the pup ... did he/she just let it go around the area? Because if that is what he/she did, that pup's life is still in great danger (IF it is still alive and hasn't gone into another cooking pot!) because it will simply be caught again by some dog-eater! Where is the pup now? Is it really safe or just released from the frying pan into the fire?

she alrdy get a fren to adopt the pup, he is in safe hand now.
Old 05-25-2009, 09:31 AM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sashy View Post
Dear Maneki, the difference is those animals are raised for meat and slaughtered in a proper manner. Whereas the dogs which are being slaughtered for meat are slaughtered in a very crude and cruel manner (usually involving being beaten to death).
The dog (mostly puppies because their meat is soft and tender) is hit very, very hard on the jaw with a big stick (so that jaw is completely broken off and gone - remember how Joy was beaten? she has no jaw now - and the animal cannot bite the attacker) ... and if that savage attack still doesn't kill the poor animal, it is given another brutal swing of the big stick on the head and the skull is broken! That is how the poor animal is "slaughtered" ..... and I think if you even try to talk sense into them that it is not our culture, etc. etc. I fear you might even be exposing yourself to a swing of that bloody big stick ... because if they can do that to a small cute innocent pup without a blink of the eye and sleep soundly at night, they will have no qualms doing it to a human being should the opportunity arises ...
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
Old 05-25-2009, 09:34 AM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Quote:
she alrdy get a fren to adopt the pup, he is in safe hand now.
Thank God, BerniceW ... may God bless your kind friend ... and may that little pup bring your friend much joy and blessings ...
Old 05-25-2009, 09:37 AM
Animal Lover

Quote:
The dog (mostly puppies because their meat is soft and tender) is hit very, very hard on the jaw with a big stick (so that jaw is completely broken off and gone - remember how Joy was beaten? she has no jaw now - and the animal cannot bite the attacker) ... and if that savage attack still doesn't kill the poor animal, it is given another brutal swing of the big stick on the head and the skull is broken! That is how the poor animal is "slaughtered" ..... and I think if you even try to talk sense into them that it is not our culture, etc. etc. I fear you might even be exposing yourself to a swing of that bloody big stick ... because if they can do that to a small cute innocent pup without a blink of the eye and sleep soundly at night, they will have no qualms doing it to a human being should the opportunity arises ...
Hi Furkids,

This is the part I am most terrified, exactly the same what I heard from friends.
Old 05-25-2009, 09:47 AM
Animal Lover

Quote:
Thank God, BerniceW ... may God bless your kind friend ... and may that little pup bring your friend much joy and blessings ...
Yes, Furkids, She is a kind Muslim Lady, love cats & dogs, cant keep one but, help rehome / feed strays, she also pay the security guards around there to help watch the vietworkers to prevent them to do it again.
Old 05-25-2009, 11:51 AM
PetFinder Wowwow

vivi is on a distinguished road

hi bernice,
lucky for the puppy.
yes it's really really hard to educate this kind people.
bernice, the place where i live still have people feast on dogs meat.
like i have mentioned before, i went to outstation for work bout a year ago, and i saw my next table are feasting dog meat.
my oh my
with beer and group of chinese young men and uncles
go there by yam seng and yam seng
it' very horrible u know.
i did ask what is that 'lauk' and the waitress answer me it's dog meat.
OH MY! what i say.
dog meat?!!!
then she quickly answer' oh that lauk brought by the customer himself. We only help him reheat it.

imagine.
i ask the waitress where do they get the dog meat from. she say
it's either their own pet or they get it from the street.
so.....to open my voice to them, i'll definately get in trouble.
To report to the authority, hmm.....(2 kali 5).