Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > The Animal Corner > Dogs & Puppies

Dogs & Puppies General information and discussions on taking care of your canine buddy

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 02:01 PM
PetFinder Guru

meira is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to meira
Default Re: Can A Muslim Have A Dog?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog is my buddy View Post
I dont think they touch one time, wash one time. If someone tell this is true. It might hard to believe. They wash the hands when the hands was touch the slobber or after clean up the wee or poo from the dog. Like normal dog owner did.
ermm...how to say this clearly to u eh.in islam..we have our own way to make sure that ourselves clean esp to pray.it is better to samak just to make sure that u are really clean to pray.or else ur pray will be sia2 or not sah/valid(sah dlm bahasa english is valid ke eh?)

i know that touching a dry dog is not wrong.but sometimes..just to make sure that we are really clean..we have to samak.we also need to samak after we clean up the wee or poo.

just to make it simple..dog is not haram when they are dry..u can touch them.but the saliva/poo/wee is a big no no and need to samak.

pig however cannot be touched either it is dry or wet (special case la to doc).

and samak is not just wash with ordinary soap.that is just washing..not samak.u can google what is samak is all about
Old 06-16-2009, 02:31 PM
PetFinder Guru

lynielime is on a distinguished road

i've heard that samak soap can be purchased at SPCA
Old 06-16-2009, 02:33 PM
PetFinder Guru

meira is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to meira

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynielime View Post
i've heard that samak soap can be purchased at SPCA
uhh the soap ade kt spca aa???niceeeeee..nnt bole pegi bli.thx lynie
Old 06-16-2009, 02:37 PM
mummycat

zahraannur is on a distinguished road

Dear friends,
kindly click to the link below:

http://www.mykittun.com/

the soap that you discuss just now is called sabun TAHARAH. :)
Old 06-16-2009, 03:19 PM
Animal Lover

BerniceW is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_eff View Post
hellow people

Im just wondering,can a Muslim adopt a dog?I mean im a muslim and i always wanted to adopt a dog.

Note : this is not a religion thread,just for opinion.

My Malay Muslim Lady fren just adoptd a Shetland Collie , she named him "Panji" in Indonesian means "Pince", he is a very beautifull dog , she had also obtained a license for her dog.

We managed onli to capture his 1 photo below:-

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1030845.JPG
Views:	122
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	5944
Old 06-16-2009, 03:37 PM
Petfinder Moderator

Maneki Neko is on a distinguished road

Dear Mr. Eff, a big congratulations to you on the newly adopted kitten!

Like you, I am pleased to see the types of replies you are getting to your dog question. Rational, calm, reasoned answers. YAY!

As for me, I agree with what Ezer wrote about each individual's observance of his religion. I know Muslims who drink alcohol and Christians who never set foot inside a church. In my opinion, that's between every person and the Almighty.

One thought, though: How might your Muslim friends and family feel about visiting your home if you keep a dog? Your social life could become rather, um, quiet... Or, it may be that your friends feel the same about dogs as you do. In that case, no problems! Just something to consider...

Heaven knows, there's no shortage of dogs looking for good homes!

Quote:
salam and hello guys!

who!!im suprised!

thanks for the brilliant opinions u guys.thanks a milli for not turning this into a nasty religious fight!u guys rock!

well,i think i shud be more careful with any physical contact with dog.and as much as i love 'em,there are certain limitations that i have to respect.

i went to Yasmin Ahmad's (the moviemaker) blog and she had his own opinion on this which really interesting.

note : just adopt a kitten from SPCA yesterday!
and again...thank u!!!!! {k iss} (my lips numb now)
Old 06-16-2009, 05:24 PM
PetFinder Moderator

dog is my buddy has disabled reputation

Quote:
hellow people

Im just wondering,can a Muslim adopt a dog?I mean im a muslim and i always wanted to adopt a dog.

Since you so interested have dog, I introduced my friend 5 year Black Labrador for adopt, this pure breed is few thousand RM. It have trained and is good dog. My friend told me the owner have ill unable take care this dog. You interested let me know in 2 day. owner staying at Penang. I link the picture how it look like, dog face almost is same.
http://images.google.com/images?hl=e...num=1&ct=title

Sometimes,things in life are out of our control. We just need to accept the fact.
Rocky, Ricky and Rusty is my best friend.
Old 06-16-2009, 05:39 PM
PetFinder Fosterer

Mia_Katz is on a distinguished road

sabun samak (sabun taharah) ade jual kat both dalam tesco, care4... both orang jual jamu...

mia slalu buat stock sabun samak ni sebab senang nak samak bila pegang anjing kat event/paws... harga dia RM5.90

kalau nak beli kena bagi tau sabun samak sebab taharah ada banyak sabun... mia beli kat midvalley
Old 06-16-2009, 05:39 PM
PetFinder Guru

Sashy is on a distinguished road

To Nurkasih, ppl who let their dog simply roam and kacau other ppl, be it in a vets place or a petshop is pretty inconsiderate, and not just because you are Muslim. If someone has a cat, OBVIOUSLY they shouldn't let their dog disturb them, what if it chases the cat, and something happens? Or what if the cat gives the dog a nasty scratch on the nose? If both animals weren't caged or chained, what if they both chase each other out of the clinic? For them to say you don't like it because you are Muslim is stupid. When in a vets, I personally don't like people to simply touch my dog, or for strange dogs to come and sniff my dog. Because the main reason we go there is when our pets are sick, and touching by humans or dogs may spread disease. Even if we go for vaccinations, it usually means the vacc time is running out, and after a vaccination our pets may feel sick/vulnerable for a day or two. So no touchy touchy tyvm. Plus my dog bites :D

Last edited by Sashy; 06-16-2009 at 05:48 PM.
Old 06-16-2009, 06:22 PM
PetFinder Guru

mrsdolittle is on a distinguished road

Quote:
hellow people

My dear adik,

I am a true animal lovers... yes!! That includes dogs and the rest of God's creation. I am too a Muslim... Just read the link below...

Have fun reading...

...THE DAY I KNOW THE MEANING OF TRUE LOVE, LOYALTY, TRUST AND FRIENDSHIP...
...TIGER IN MEMORY...
Old 06-16-2009, 06:30 PM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road
Default Can A Muslim Have A Dog?

Sashy,you are right.But there's another factor that annoyed me.huh!! Have you seen people bring their cat inside a box or just hold it on their hands?? stupid isn't it?? What happen if the dogs bark?? The cat will just jump and run any direction.how to catch them back?? I heard story from Klinik Kembiri,this 1 lady brought her Persian cat to the clinic for spaying. One bark from the dog,the cat jumped and run to the thick bushes. The owner and friends tried to find the cat for hours but no sign of of the cat. I dunno what happened after that. I think the story teller also doesn't know what happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sashy View Post
To Nurkasih, ppl who let their dog simply roam and kacau other ppl, be it in a vets place or a petshop is pretty inconsiderate, and not just because you are Muslim. If someone has a cat, OBVIOUSLY they shouldn't let their dog disturb them, what if it chases the cat, and something happens? Or what if the cat gives the dog a nasty scratch on the nose? If both animals weren't caged or chained, what if they both chase each other out of the clinic? For them to say you don't like it because you are Muslim is stupid. When in a vets, I personally don't like people to simply touch my dog, or for strange dogs to come and sniff my dog. Because the main reason we go there is when our pets are sick, and touching by humans or dogs may spread disease. Even if we go for vaccinations, it usually means the vacc time is running out, and after a vaccination our pets may feel sick/vulnerable for a day or two. So no touchy touchy tyvm. Plus my dog bites :D
Old 06-16-2009, 06:58 PM
PetFinder Guru

June, agree!
ANY animal that is brought to an outside place should be leashed or kept in a proper carrier. Its not about being cruel to the animal, but about the animals safety
I also have seen in Pet Safari, some people bring their pets there for I dont know what reason, just let it run among the crowd. What if say, an elderly person gets a surprise cuz the puppy is running heedlessly (its a happy dog, so it runs around), and falls? Or if someone mean kicks your dog? What are you doing to do, scold the person? So what, your dog has already been kicked upside down. Better be safe than sorry
What if your tiny pup decides to play with a big husky, who happens to be sick, and cranky?
Old 06-16-2009, 07:52 PM
Animal Lover

mr_eff is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maneki Neko View Post
Dear Mr. Eff, a big congratulations to you on the newly adopted kitten!

Like you, I am pleased to see the types of replies you are getting to your dog question. Rational, calm, reasoned answers. YAY!

As for me, I agree with what Ezer wrote about each individual's observance of his religion. I know Muslims who drink alcohol and Christians who never set foot inside a church. In my opinion, that's between every person and the Almighty.

One thought, though: How might your Muslim friends and family feel about visiting your home if you keep a dog? Your social life could become rather, um, quiet... Or, it may be that your friends feel the same about dogs as you do. In that case, no problems! Just something to consider...

Heaven knows, there's no shortage of dogs looking for good homes!
Maneki,

yea..thanks!shes sooo cute! ;P

neway,thanks for ur opinion.i think ur ryte,despite the limitations for muslim there are other things that hv to take into consideration like your family,friend etc

but i think,its save for me just to visit dogs from SPCA or PAWS once in a while and play with them

Old 06-16-2009, 07:54 PM
PetFinder Guru

Giving those animals some love and human attention is a good thing to do :)
Old 06-16-2009, 07:55 PM
Animal Lover

mr_eff is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsdolittle View Post
My dear adik,

I am a true animal lovers... yes!! That includes dogs and the rest of God's creation. I am too a Muslim... Just read the link below...

Have fun reading...
my dear sister,

thanks for the link

wow!i think its a great blog huh
Old 06-16-2009, 08:43 PM
Animal Lover

cheeyeen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezer View Post
Mr Eff:

There are a lot of things that are haram in the Quran, but that doesn't mean every muslim does EVERYTHING the Quran says. In my humble opinion (and you're asking our opinions here), it's always up to you.

And this is the same with my Christian friends.. not a single one i know is 100% compliant with the Bible..

so, if you ask me personally, well, it's always up to you, as an individual to do what you think is best.

It's all about personal choice! That's my philosophy of life!
I like this reply. It's always up to you, noone is 100% compliant with their religion and this is really common. (Just like I'm eating beef when I'm Buddhist and some people smoking when they're Muslims) Well I do hope this is a peaceful discussion and noone shall turn it into religious fight.

If you don't take the samak thing after you feed them or touch them as a big deal to perform, it should be fine.

I'm a vet student, and for everyone's knowledge, Malays are majority in the class. They are willing to samak after everything they've done with the dogs everyday during their stay in SPCA. I clap for them.

Conclusion is, it's personal and it's all up to your wish. Complaints and whatnot can be nothing if you can manage them well.
Peace to the world!
Old 06-16-2009, 11:45 PM
PetFinder Buddy

Deki is on a distinguished road

Quote:
My malay friend told me, if touch anything to the dog, just wash the hand wih soap. That simple.

These are fotos of a Malaysian Malay guy
He started with a mongrel dog whom he rescued fr a drain 30 years ago when he was onli a 7 years old boy.

Since then he kept dogs, and 6 years ago he bought a 2 acres land at Kg Kadang Baik near Genting Highland for his dogs below:-

35 Rottweilers
12 French Mustiffs
5 Shetland Sheepdogs
2 Chihuahuas
1 Min Pin

He is now a SAS member, and planning to adopt 20 more strays.

Below taken from a web page:-

Click image for larger version

Name:	Datin_Nariza.JPG
Views:	339
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	5946

Datin Nariza- contoh terbaik seorang Datin…sifat penyayang terhadap haiwan terutama anjing begitu terserlah , rasa rasa saya negara kita Malaysia memerlukan lebih banyak insan seperti Datin Nariza yang begitu prihatin and ambil berat terhadap kebajikan anjing dan isu isu Orang Melayu di Malaysia yang senantiasa anti anjing dan mendera serta berlaku kejam perhadap anjing….

Cuba kita sama sama lihat photo Datin Nariza mendukung anak anjing yang comel ini…kalau lah mak mak datin satu Malaya ada sifat kasihan dan penyayang seperti Datin nariza, the world would be a better place for everyone…including dogs…tapi yerla, mak mak datin yg lain akan kata, mana kelesssss untuk simpati dan tulong binatang mcm anjing nie..bagus kita gi high tea kat hotel sambil gossip gossip, tak pun kita gi spa and facial….so the diva…..

Last edited by Deki; 06-16-2009 at 11:56 PM.
Old 06-16-2009, 11:52 PM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road
Default Can A Muslim Have A Dog?

Muahahahahha!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deki View Post
He started with a mongrel dog whom he rescued fr a drain 30 years ago when he was onli a 7 years old boy.

Since then he kept dogs, and 6 years ago he bought a 2 acres land at Kg Kadang Baik near Genting Highland for his dogs below:-

35 Rottweilers
12 French Mustiffs
5 Shetland Sheepdogs
2 Chihuahuas
1 Min Pin

Attachment 5946

Datin Nariza- contoh terbaik seorang Datin…sifat penyayang terhadap haiwan terutama anjing begitu terserlah , rasa rasa saya negara kita Malaysia memerlukan lebih banyak insan seperti Datin Nariza yang begitu prihatin and ambil berat terhadap kebajikan anjing dan isu isu Orang Melayu di Malaysia yang senantiasa anti anjing dan mendera serta berlaku kejam perhadap anjing….

Cuba kita sama sama lihat photo Datin Nariza mendukung anak anjing yang comel ini…kalau lah mak mak datin satu Malaya ada sifat kasihan dan penyayang seperti Datin nariza, the world would be a better place for everyone…including dogs…tapi yerla, mak mak datin yg lain akan kata, mana kelesssss untuk simpati dan tulong binatang mcm anjing nie..bagus kita gi high tea kat hotel sambil gossip gossip, tak pun kita gi spa and facial….so the diva…..
Old 06-17-2009, 12:07 AM
PetFinder Moderator

dog is my buddy has disabled reputation

That is him, Mustafa. Great malay with a nice heart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deki View Post

35 Rottweilers
12 French Mustiffs
5 Shetland Sheepdogs
2 Chihuahuas
1 Min Pin

Attachment 5946

Sometimes,things in life are out of our control. We just need to accept the fact.
Rocky, Ricky and Rusty is my best friend.
Old 06-17-2009, 12:26 AM
PetFinder Buddy

Deki is on a distinguished road

Quote:
That is him, Mustafa. Great malay with a nice heart.
Yup !!!!! I forgot his name, he is MUSTAFA, Great guy !!!!!!
Closed Thread